PDA

View Full Version : DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt IV

Pages : [1] 2

Matt_Hyra
03-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Crisis 3 releases today, so time to open up a new thread. Post your questions here!

SpiritDetective
03-02-2016, 10:40 AM
If I discard Element Woman due to Crisis Mazahs!, do I check the lineup and destroyed pile for number of equipment, villains, and superpowers in addition to heroes?

What would happen if I discard Shapeshift due to Crisis Mazahs!?

Matt_Hyra
03-02-2016, 02:00 PM
If I discard Element Woman due to Crisis Mazahs!, do I check the lineup and destroyed pile for number of equipment, villains, and superpowers in addition to heroes?

What would happen if I discard Shapeshift due to Crisis Mazahs!?

EW: Yes
SS: Same thing.
You still own those cards while you are discarding them, so Crisis Mazash! will be very, very hard to beat that turn.

BenJazz
03-02-2016, 09:26 PM
I was just curious if there was a specific reason the phrase "(This card starts on top of the Crisis stack)" was removed from This World is Ours. Otherwise, great job with the wording and clarifications... I am not seeing any issues. Might have some stuff pop up once I start pairing it with non-FE sets.

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2016, 01:33 AM
I was just curious if there was a specific reason the phrase "(This card starts on top of the Crisis stack)" was removed from This World is Ours. Otherwise, great job with the wording and clarifications... I am not seeing any issues. Might have some stuff pop up once I start pairing it with non-FE sets.

To save space, mostly. The card is called out in the rules as the first Crisis, so it seemed redundant.

BenJazz
03-03-2016, 06:30 AM
I figured as much. I noticed as well the rules did not have the checkbox section for how to make the game harder or easier. I figured that was also due to space constraints with the extra room needed to explain the Hidden Objectives Mode.

dhisson
03-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Can we defend the crises that have attacks? Man this crisis tough.

SpiritDetective
03-03-2016, 10:30 AM
For Crisis Deathstroke, is it considered "contributing" when I buy cards in the lineup to help beat Permanent Eclipse?

aoineko
03-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Can we defend the crises that have attacks? Man this crisis tough.

You can avoid an Attack with a Defense card even if it is coming from a Crisis card. Why call it an Attack if you can't use a Defense card against it?

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2016, 12:38 PM
For Crisis Deathstroke, is it considered "contributing" when I buy cards in the lineup to help beat Permanent Eclipse?

No, as that card does not use the word "Contribute."

BenJazz
03-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Speaking of Permanent Eclipse (and I guess Frozen City now that I think about it), do attacks or effects that reference types or card names in the Line-Up (such as on Copperhead, Strife and Bo Staff) do nothing? I am assuming those with Attacks still Attack so people can defend if they wish but I just wanted to double check since Permanent Eclipse is very strict with the "don't look at the card" procedures.

Side question as well: How do "Destroy from Line-Up" card effects play out when they reference a card type (even for Frozen City)? I think this was answered a while ago but I figured I would double check. Also, I didn't know how cards like Rioters or The Owlship would react with this since those look for everything that is non-X card type instead of a specific type.

aoineko
03-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Treat all the face-down cards in the Line-Up as being cards without a card type. So, they don't count as a card of a specific type for cards looking for a card type in the Line-Up, but they do count as cards not being a specific card type for cards looking for "non-type" cards.

GuruGuru214
03-04-2016, 09:04 PM
For Power Ring, do you destroy the highest cost Hero in each location, or the highest cost between the two?

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 01:19 AM
For Power Ring, do you destroy the highest cost Hero in each location, or the highest cost between the two?

In each location.

PS: I'm trying to keep this thread just questions and answers, so no need to post "thanks!" or whatever after you receive a reply. If you want to debate a ruling here or point out an issue, start a new thread.

SushiSquid
03-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Crisis 3 is purchased, but I don't have it yet. I do have a question about something from it. If the crisis card Heroic Sacrifice (from the Crisis 2 set) comes up on a player using Crisis Lex Luther, would you get to pick which of the oversized cards you own gets killed off?

Also as a quick aside because it's off-topic, I'll say that Black Adam is one of my favorite oversized cards, and Crisis Black Adam looks awesome too. I love seeing Crisis guys who are still useful in competitive mode (like using Crisis Batman offensively). Very excited for this set, whenever it gets here.

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Crisis 3 is purchased, but I don't have it yet. I do have a question about something from it. If the crisis card Heroic Sacrifice (from the Crisis 2 set) comes up on a player using Crisis Lex Luther, would you get to pick which of the oversized cards you own gets killed off?

Also as a quick aside because it's off-topic, I'll say that Black Adam is one of my favorite oversized cards, and Crisis Black Adam looks awesome too. I love seeing Crisis guys who are still useful in competitive mode (like using Crisis Batman offensively). Very excited for this set, whenever it gets here.

HS: Yes, you choose which one of your oversized to replace.

GuruGuru214
03-05-2016, 08:13 PM
So just to confirm, the removed OS would no longer be a valid random target for Crisis Lex Luthor's ability, right?

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 08:18 PM
So just to confirm, the removed OS would no longer be a valid random target for Crisis Lex Luthor's ability, right?

Correct.

BenJazz
03-05-2016, 10:05 PM
New clarification questions: The Outsider is on the stack so that starters cannot be destroyed. If I have a destroy card such as Transmutation, can I still select a Starter as the card to destroy even if there are other options? Do I still get the benefits of gaining a VP or other similar effects associated with "destroying" a card? If I have Earth-3 or Blackgate in play and I reveal a starter with The Outsider on the stack, do I still get the VP even if the Starter cannot be destroyed?

I think this may follow the same restrictions as Promise to a Friend but I could not remember the ruling made on that card and I figured it would be good to check just in case this situation is different.

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 10:10 PM
You cannot attempt to destroy Starters while The Outsider is watching.
You don't get any benefit from failing to destroy a Starter.

BenJazz
03-05-2016, 10:30 PM
You cannot attempt to destroy Starters while The Outsider is watching.
You don't get any benefit from failing to destroy a Starter.

Does this apply as well to Promise to a Friend (minus the Starter restriction)? I think our confusion came from how most of the effects of these cards are laid out by stating that you destroy a card and get an effect compared to destroy a card... if you destroyed a card effect happens. Can you play even play destroy cards when Promise to a Friend is out or The Outsider is out and your only option is Starters?

GuruGuru214
03-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Likewise, how does that impact a card like Earth-3? Do you no longer get to reveal the top card of your deck because the Location is revealing it to check if it's a Punch so you can destroy it? Or do you still get to reveal the top card and just don't get to destroy Punches/gain VP?

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Does this apply as well to Promise to a Friend (minus the Starter restriction)? I think our confusion came from how most of the effects of these cards are laid out by stating that you destroy a card and get an effect compared to destroy a card... if you destroyed a card effect happens. Can you play even play destroy cards when Promise to a Friend is out or The Outsider is out and your only option is Starters?

You can play the card, but you can't choose Starter.
You can play a destroy card with Promise out, but it doesn't destroy anything.

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Likewise, how does that impact a card like Earth-3? Do you no longer get to reveal the top card of your deck because the Location is revealing it to check if it's a Punch so you can destroy it? Or do you still get to reveal the top card and just don't get to destroy Punches/gain VP?

You reveal it, but you don't destroy a Starter you find.

rebelrey7248
03-06-2016, 07:28 AM
How does Johnny Quick get defeated? If you can't draw cards on your turn, how are you supposed to generate power to knock him out? Technically, draw phase is one of the last things you do during your turn, but since it's still your turn, you can't draw. Just because we were playing it the first time and wanted to see how the rest of the game went, we played it as you can't draw cards through abilities or other cards, but still got your hand of five at the end of your turn. May be reading too much into it, but please clarify?

BenJazz
03-06-2016, 08:55 AM
How does Johnny Quick get defeated? If you can't draw cards on your turn, how are you supposed to generate power to knock him out? Technically, draw phase is one of the last things you do during your turn, but since it's still your turn, you can't draw. Just because we were playing it the first time and wanted to see how the rest of the game went, we played it as you can't draw cards through abilities or other cards, but still got your hand of five at the end of your turn. May be reading too much into it, but please clarify?

Crypto has stated that the "End of Turn" sequence is not part of any players turn and thus effects or character abilities that state during your turn or once per turn or on another players turn don't work during the End of Turn Sequence.

Matt_Hyra
03-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Correct. The first step of the End of Turn sequence says: Your turn is now over. (See FE or TT rulebook back cover)
You draw your new hand after that.

SushiSquid
03-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Would abilities from characters who have extra card draws at the end of their turn (Wonderwoman, Lex Luther, I think there's one in Crisis 3?) still trigger then while that super villain is out, because those take place at the end of turn?

LRoq617
03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
If Captain Boomerang has a 0 VP card in his discard pile along with a Weakness at the start of his turn, is the Weakness the only option he may choose to return to his hand? (Same goes for Bizarro Power)

aoineko
03-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Would abilities from characters who have extra card draws at the end of their turn (Wonderwoman, Lex Luther, I think there's one in Crisis 3?) still trigger then while that super villain is out, because those take place at the end of turn?

Yes, they take place after your turn has ended. (See turn sequence summary in Forever Evil or Teen Titans rulebook if you have those.)

aoineko
03-06-2016, 08:03 PM
If Captain Boomerang has a 0 VP card in his discard pile along with a Weakness at the start of his turn, is the Weakness the only option he may choose to return to his hand? (Same goes for Bizarro Power)

-1 is less than 0, so yes, the Weakness / Bizarro Power would be your only option.

GuruGuru214
03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Now that we have Crisis Lex Luthor and scenarios where a player will have multiple oversized characters in front of them without playing a variant, I wanted to confirm a couple things. As of the last rulings I recall, cards like Captain Cold flip both of your Super Heroes over. The more recent rulings I'm hearing are that cards like Jericho and Heroic Sacrifice require one of the Super Heroes to be chosen. Previously, my guess would have been that a main deck* card like Jericho or Icicle would have you choose one of the Super Heroes to target, while First Appearance Attacks from cards like Captain Cold and The Brain & Monsieur Mallah would target all Super Heroes in front of you. But with the recent ruling that the Crisis Heroic Sacrifice requires you to choose just one of your Super Heroes to remove and replace, I'm a little unsure. So what's the ruling on this?

*Correction: Player's deck. Wasn't thinking of Icicle as a Super-Villain because the Super Hero flip text isn't a First Appearance Attack (or an Attack at all, for that matter).

aoineko
03-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Now that we have Crisis Lex Luthor and scenarios where a player will have multiple oversized characters in front of them without playing a variant, I wanted to confirm a couple things. As of the last rulings I recall, cards like Captain Cold flip both of your Super Heroes over. The more recent rulings I'm hearing are that cards like Jericho and Heroic Sacrifice require one of the Super Heroes to be chosen. Previously, my guess would have been that a main deck card like Jericho or Icicle would have you choose one of the Super Heroes to target, while First Appearance Attacks from cards like Captain Cold and The Brain & Monsieur Mallah would target all Super Heroes in front of you. But with the recent ruling that the Crisis Heroic Sacrifice requires you to choose just one of your Super Heroes to remove and replace, I'm a little unsure. So what's the ruling on this?

The "flip your Super Hero" face down is a more thematic and easier way to remember that you (the player) no longer have an ability. So, that is really the only type of effect that will affect all the Super Heroes a player has. The other effects will only interact with one of them unless otherwise stated.

(Heroic Sacrifice was designed long before we thought about letting players have multiple Super Heroes. Had that been a thing before it would have specifically said to choose one of your Super Heroes.)

GuruGuru214
03-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Got it. And I like to use Frozen tokens instead of flipping. It's easier if something's sitting on top. Also, it gels nicely with Captain Cold and Icicle.

Back on topic, with Sea King's First Appearance Attack, what happens if you have no deck when he comes out? I would guess that you would shuffle and begin discarding cards, since it says to stop and gain Weaknesses if you run out your deck by discarding for his Attack, but I'm not totally sure that you don't just instantly gain Weaknesses.

Matt_Hyra
03-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Got it. And I like to use Frozen tokens instead of flipping. It's easier if something's sitting on top. Also, it gels nicely with Captain Cold and Icicle.

Back on topic, with Sea King's First Appearance Attack, what happens if you have no deck when he comes out? I would guess that you would shuffle and begin discarding cards, since it says to stop and gain Weaknesses if you run out your deck by discarding for his Attack, but I'm not totally sure that you don't just instantly gain Weaknesses.

You will create a new deck before revealing. When asked to reveal with no deck, you immediately reshuffle instead of going into some kind of "fail to reveal" sub-step.

SpiritDetective
03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
The Crisis Card Powerless is out.

If I play Super Intellect to destroy Cosmic Staff in my discard pile, do I get +5 or +1 from Super Intellect?

Matt_Hyra
03-08-2016, 01:20 AM
The Crisis Card Powerless is out.

If I play Super Intellect to destroy Cosmic Staff in my discard pile, do I get +5 or +1 from Super Intellect?

+5, as Super Intellect does not contain a 1 or one.

MStreva89
03-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Crisis Bane: I'm assuming his effect does not exist under the same category of the Arrow Crossover cards (Oliver Queen, Roy Harper, etc.). Please confirm or deny.

N-Finite
03-08-2016, 04:55 PM
1) Does Firestorm work on Super Heroe cards you've gained from the Super Hero stack?

2) Does The Brain & Monsieur work on the Super Villains character cards?

3) When you play Superboy Prime from your hand, how does this card work on your face-down character card?

4) According to the END OF TURN sequence, you activate Cheetah's character ability after you place any remaining cards in your hand into your discard pile and before you draw five cards. Is that correct?

Matt_Hyra
03-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Crisis Bane: I'm assuming his effect does not exist under the same category of the Arrow Crossover cards (Oliver Queen, Roy Harper, etc.). Please confirm or deny.

They are his alone to use. Can't be seen/traded/stolen by others.

Matt_Hyra
03-08-2016, 06:33 PM
1) Does Firestorm work on Super Heroe cards you've gained from the Super Hero stack?

2) Does The Brain & Monsieur work on the Super Villains character cards?

3) When you play Superboy Prime from your hand, how does this card work on your face-down character card?

4) According to the END OF TURN sequence, you activate Cheetah's character ability after you place any remaining cards in your hand into your discard pile and before you draw five cards. Is that correct?

1. & 2 Yes. Anything that references Super-Villains also references Super Heroes and vice versa.
3. You get a new oversized, and it is face up.
4. Yes. Step #2 is discard cards remaining in hand. Step #3 is resolve "at end of turn" effects. (See FE or TT back cover)

MStreva89
03-09-2016, 07:39 AM
They are his alone to use. Can't be seen/traded/stolen by others.

Ok so just to clarify, currently there are 3 "zones" underneath Character cards.

1) Atrocitus' Zone of Rage - Cards are placed face-down under Character by Atrocitus (Impossible Mode also).
2) Arrow Zone of Crossover - Everything that has the Crossover 2 logo goes here.
3) Bane Crisis' Zone of Crisisness - Only Bane Crisis knows where this is.

Am I missing anything?

Carthain
03-09-2016, 07:50 AM
If you include Street Fighter, then any cards that let you put cards under your character from there are a separate zone (as it acts like your own personal line up).

Mac_Apple
03-10-2016, 06:26 PM
1) Powerless - Do cards that say +Power instead of having a listed number, such as Man Bat Serum, generate the amount of power they normally do, or do these values revert to +1 Power, even though no number is physically present on the card? This question also applies to X values, such as the one that appears in Frankenstein's ability.
2) Powerless - Say Firestorm has the game text of two Punches and a Kick. Because Firestorm has a list of effects (+1 Power, +1 Power, and +2 Power), does he in turn generate 3 Power (after converting the Kick's power to 1)? Or do all +Power effects listed on Firestorm combine, and in the end he generates +1 Power?
3) The Penalty is Death - What happens if the top card of the Main Deck is added to the Line-Up, such as by Pandora? Does the value change if a new card is bought and the top card of the Main Deck has changed, or does the value remain static based on the first card bought during the turn? If it does change and a new value appears, will cards that were previously bought or gained this turn, but that are still in public zones, be retroactively destroyed? The card does read in past tense instead of future tense.
4) What "zone" do Contributed cards exist in? Do they exist in their own unique zone, or are they considered destroyed?

I'm sure more questions will come when we can play again.

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2016, 07:17 PM
1> No, only '1' and 'one' are changed.
2> Each game text is a separate entity, so he may have multiple +1s.
3> The effect of that value continues even if the card ends up in the Line-Up. When another card is bought or gained, it will reveal an additional card to take effect as well. It's past tense, because the most likely "death" is going to be the card you just bought. But it applies for the rest of the turn (future) as stated on the card.
4> They are in their own zone until you beat the Crisis, then they are destroyed.

LexLuthorJr
03-10-2016, 10:29 PM
1) If you pass Deathstorm using Joker's Daughter, do you get 10 VP?

2) If Heroic Sacrifice is flipped and there are no Crisis Super Heroes available (because Lex Luthor is using them all), what happens?

3) Can I contribute a card to Powerless that has no "Power" but the phrase "Super Power" is in the text? (Probably not, but just checking.)

4) Powerless is out. I play Red Lantern Ring. I draw one card. Then what? Do I get to choose which option for that card?

5) Does Powerless effect Ongoing cards that were already in play before it was flipped? For example, if I already had Aqualad in play before Powerless was flipped, could I later discard it to put a card cost 5 or less on the top of my deck? I'm not playing it, I'm discarding it.

SushiSquid
03-10-2016, 11:48 PM
1) Yes. It works this way with Super Hero Constantine, and works against you with stuff like "gain x weaknesses where x is the highest VP value" too. Deathstorm and Phantom Stranger are 10 VP until the end of the game. All effects mid-game treat them as 10.

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2016, 11:55 PM
1> Yes
2> That player won't have an oversized, but is still in the game.
3> No, as Super Power is not bolded.
4> You only get to look at one card, and since leaving a card on top comes before destroying, you can't destroy a card with this.
5> Powerless affects cards already in play as well.

MStreva89
03-11-2016, 07:30 AM
For the effect of Harley Quinn Crisis (this is in reference to competitive play), I'm assuming there's now the concept of "declaring" that you want to end your turn now? Basically so that your opponent can gauge if they want to use Harley Quinn or not.

Since Harley Quinn Crisis is pretty much the only effect that you can do on your opponent's turn that isn't triggered, therefore you would need an "open game state" or something to that effect in order to use her.

Matt_Hyra
03-11-2016, 11:17 AM
If you look at the rulebook for FE and TT, step #1 reads: "Announce that you are ending your turn. Your turn is now over."
Most people don't announce it, so when they start scooping up their cards in play, that's your last chance to act that turn.

PS: Crisis characters are not intended or recommended for competitive play.

SushiSquid
03-11-2016, 03:08 PM
PS: Crisis characters are not intended or recommended for competitive play.
But some of them still work well in competitive.

Speaking of one who works well in any game mode, I have a question about Crisis Black Adam that I think I know the answer to.

Is it 1 VP for each card you destroy (I think this is the case), or 1 VP each destruction event? As an example, if I play Lobo and burn up two cards, is that 1 or 2 VPs?

Matt_Hyra
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
But some of them still work well in competitive.

Speaking of one who works well in any game mode, I have a question about Crisis Black Adam that I think I know the answer to.

Is it 1 VP for each card you destroy (I think this is the case), or 1 VP each destruction event? As an example, if I play Lobo and burn up two cards, is that 1 or 2 VPs?

It's 1 VP per card. If it was to be the other way, it would say "If you destroy one or more cards..."

Chaz1672002
03-12-2016, 07:35 AM
How much table talk is allowed? For example, with crisis Harley Quinn. Can a player say "I'm two power away from X", where X is the supervillain's cost?

aoineko
03-12-2016, 11:11 AM
How much table talk is allowed? For example, with crisis Harley Quinn. Can a player say "I'm two power away from X", where X is the supervillain's cost?

There is no limit on table talk.

gerrymul
03-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Clarification on Crisis Black Adam - the bracketed text that refers to destroying villains in the lineup - does he give out Victory Tokens when that player buys a villain and it gets destroyed because it's Crisis? I assume so and he's Crisis 3's version of Wonder Woman (i.e. let him target the villains when possible).

SushiSquid
03-12-2016, 07:46 PM
There is no limit on table talk.
Except that you can't talk about your hidden objectives, right?

Clarification on Crisis Black Adam - the bracketed text that refers to destroying villains in the lineup - does he give out Victory Tokens when that player buys a villain and it gets destroyed because it's Crisis? I assume so and he's Crisis 3's version of Wonder Woman (i.e. let him target the villains when possible).
That's exactly what that italicized text means, yes.

Matt_Hyra
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM

That's exactly what that italicized text means, yes.

Probably not a good idea to talk about your Hidden Objective, but I don't recall anything in the rules that forbids it. Just against the spirit, really.

bigtipper
03-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Probably not a good idea to talk about your Hidden Objective, but I don't recall anything in the rules that forbids it. Just against the spirit, really.

Speaking of Hidden Objectives, are there tiebreakers if multiple people win, or is it just a matter of whoever completes their objective wins equally?

SushiSquid
03-12-2016, 10:46 PM
It says you "share in the win" only if you complete your objective. Crisis is still a cooperative mode even with hidden objectives. They represent the villains working together, but for their own selfish reasons. Kind of cool. You can have as many winners as there are players (unless somebody got the traitor objective).

aoineko
03-12-2016, 11:34 PM

Well, you never know who might be the traitor and lying.

SushiSquid
03-13-2016, 08:13 AM
Well, you never know who might be the traitor and lying.
Fair point. And I suppose it's not really fair to the guy who gets A Friend In Need if he doesn't even know what objective he's helping out with. Everyone else knows what they're trying to do.

IAmTheGreat
03-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Couple Questions

1. Corrupted Companion: Can you defeat the player's Super Villain whenever, even if there are villains in the lineup? I assume you still need to clear the lineup of Villains to beat it.

2. Cat-Like Reflexes: Can you reveal this and use a defense on that attack?
Reveal Cat-Like, Discard Cape and Cowl, draw 3 cards?

Matt_Hyra
03-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Couple Questions

1. Corrupted Companion: Can you defeat the player's Super Villain whenever, even if there are villains in the lineup? I assume you still need to clear the lineup of Villains to beat it.

2. Cat-Like Reflexes: Can you reveal this and use a defense on that attack?
Reveal Cat-Like, Discard Cape and Cowl, draw 3 cards?

1> Whenever. Only the Crisis card cares about Villains in the Line-Up.
2> Yes. You can even reveal and draw into the Cape and Cowl and still use the C&C. See the Specific Card Clarifications in the rulebook. Mentions it there...

StormKing
03-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Fair point. And I suppose it's not really fair to the guy who gets A Friend In Need if he doesn't even know what objective he's helping out with. Everyone else knows what they're trying to do.

My favorite way to play A Friend in Need is to just be overly nice to the person I'm trying to help. "Hey do you want that? Would it be good for you?" "Don't buy that card, they (the person I'm helping) said they could really use it." I'll even go as far as attack people who went against what that person wanted. ;)

Also, the reason Nathaniel mentions the traitor, aside from the traitor being able to lie about their own objective, is that if you're very open about needing to complete something, the traitor gains information on how to cause in-fighting which is the easiest way to win with that objective.

Allete
03-14-2016, 04:52 PM
For the Powerless crisis, can you contribute cards that are referring to a "Super Power" like, Expert Marksman? I ask because the crisis card shows the word "Power" in bold on the crisis card and the rulebook does not.

aoineko
03-14-2016, 07:42 PM
For the Powerless crisis, can you contribute cards that are referring to a "Super Power" like, Expert Marksman? I ask because the crisis card shows the word "Power" in bold on the crisis card and the rulebook does not.

No, only cards with "Power" in their text. "Super Power" is not the same.

IAmTheGreat
03-15-2016, 12:29 AM
How does a card like Firestorm work with these scenarios?

1. Having 2 different attack cards under it. If you're playing bizarro does it trigger one or two draws for teammates? How about for defending? Can you use two separate defenses for each attack?

2. With multiple draw card effects can you double reveal boomerang for 2 draws?

I guess what Im really trying to discern is if they lump in to one giant effect, or if the Firestorm owner chooses and resolves each individual cards effect one at a time, in an order of their choosing.

By the way, love the new Crisis. I really like how well these characters interact with one another. It feels much more like a cooperative game than previous ones.

Carthain
03-15-2016, 06:58 AM
2. With multiple draw card effects can you double reveal boomerang for 2 draws?
An effect that lets them draw multiple cards (Say, Ultra Strength) - you can reveal it once and draw one card. But if they play multiple cards that let them draw cards, you can reveal it for each different card they play which lets them draw a card.

You can tell this by the wording used on the card. "Each time a foe draws one or more cards..." So Ultra Strength is a time which draws them (more than) one card. If they then play Super Speed, that is another time that they are drawing a card - so you could reveal Boomerang twice and draw 2 cards.

Matt_Hyra
03-15-2016, 08:20 AM
Each Attack is separate, and each can be defended. Two attacks will trigger Bizarro twice.

Resolve each card separately.

IAmTheGreat
03-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Each Attack is separate, and each can be defended. Two attacks will trigger Bizarro twice.

Resolve each card separately.

So a firestorm with say kid flash and vicki vale will allow you to reveal and draw for boomerang twice?

I assume the owner of firestorm chooses the order of the cards under your hero for order of resolution?

BenJazz
03-15-2016, 02:10 PM
So a firestorm with say kid flash and vicki vale will allow you to reveal and draw for boomerang twice?

I assume the owner of firestorm chooses the order of the cards under your hero for order of resolution?

I am curious of the ruling on this one since only 1 card (Firestorm) is making you draw since it has the text of each of those and you are not playing them.

SpiritDetective
03-15-2016, 03:26 PM
I am curious of the ruling on this one since only 1 card (Firestorm) is making you draw since it has the text of each of those and you are not playing them.

I feel like each of those game texts is like a separate line item in Firestorm.

Matt_Hyra
03-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Each line item will allow for a separate Boomerang reveal.

Carthain
03-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Each line item will allow for a separate Boomerang reveal.
Which fits with the Crisis Bizarro ruling.

However, the question of being able to play the removed cards in any order when you play Firestorm is something I'm interested in. If you first remove a card that destroys a card in hand, and then remove a card that lets you draw a card -- can you reorder them next time you play Firestorm so you draw first before destroying a card in hand?

Matt_Hyra
03-15-2016, 10:54 PM
You can resolve them in any order, not in the order in which they were added to your collection.

andymo24
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
For the location "Level 7" are the two lines separate, or does the player need to pay two VP in order attack and steal a VP? I feel like the answer is no, they look like two independent events.

aoineko
03-16-2016, 06:34 PM
For the location "Level 7" are the two lines separate, or does the player need to pay two VP in order attack and steal a VP? I feel like the answer is no, they look like to independent events.

They are independent.

andymo24
03-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Here's a situation: I am Deadshot, the player to my left attacks with Constructs of fear, the player to my right discards two cards, and I have Catlike Reflexes in my hand. In what order do I resolve events? We played it as the player on my right being attacked first, so I activated Deadshot to put a card on top of my deck, then used Catlike Reflexes to draw a card, then I was allowed to play a defense. Correct? Could I choose to use Catlike Reflexes before activating Deadshot? In this case I'm sure I could because the attack makes me discard cards anyway, and discarding a defense would trigger Deadshot as well.

What if I were the only one being attacked and made to discard a card (ie Power Drain)? In that case does Catlike Reflexes have to trigger before the attack resolves and I discard a card, which activates Deadshot after I draw for Catlike Reflexes? Thanks.

SoulFire93
03-17-2016, 04:11 PM
I read that there was a new ruling on the super villain's FAA? Does this affect Impossible Mode Grave's FAA when there are super villains in the line-up/destroyed pile? What about Possession when your opponents' have super villains in hand?

Matt_Hyra
03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Here's a situation: I am Deadshot, the player to my left attacks with Constructs of fear, the player to my right discards two cards, and I have Catlike Reflexes in my hand. In what order do I resolve events? We played it as the player on my right being attacked first, so I activated Deadshot to put a card on top of my deck, then used Catlike Reflexes to draw a card, then I was allowed to play a defense. Correct? Could I choose to use Catlike Reflexes before activating Deadshot? In this case I'm sure I could because the attack makes me discard cards anyway, and discarding a defense would trigger Deadshot as well.

What if I were the only one being attacked and made to discard a card (ie Power Drain)? In that case does Catlike Reflexes have to trigger before the attack resolves and I discard a card, which activates Deadshot after I draw for Catlike Reflexes? Thanks.

Deadshot's ability will not resolve until the Contructs of Fear is done resolving. Only Defenses or cards like Cat-Like Reflexes can happen during an Attack resolution.

Matt_Hyra
03-18-2016, 03:30 PM
I read that there was a new ruling on the super villain's FAA? Does this affect Impossible Mode Grave's FAA when there are super villains in the line-up/destroyed pile? What about Possession when your opponents' have super villains in hand?

FAA text does not exist outside of the Super-Villain stack. Possession won't cause FAAs to go off.
Note that in Crisis, Super-Villains are removed from the game and are not in the destroyed pile.

JesseSqll
03-19-2016, 03:25 AM
If I'm playing Deadshot and I have Aqualad in play. It's my turn and I discard Aqualad for his effect, do I also get to put another 5 or less from my discard on top of my deck? Resulting in 2 cards, one from Aqualad and one for my hero power?

Matt_Hyra
03-19-2016, 11:00 AM
If I'm playing Deadshot and I have Aqualad in play. It's my turn and I discard Aqualad for his effect, do I also get to put another 5 or less from my discard on top of my deck? Resulting in 2 cards, one from Aqualad and one for my hero power?

Yes.

IAmTheGreat
03-20-2016, 12:18 AM
How about if a player using crisis Bizarro attacks a player who has a defense (Flight) along with Cat Like Reflexes? Can they choose the order for all 3?

Matt_Hyra
03-20-2016, 01:10 AM
How about if a player using crisis Bizarro attacks a player who has a defense (Flight) along with Cat Like Reflexes? Can they choose the order for all 3?

Yes, though not sure why you wouldn't use Cat-Like first.

JesseSqll
03-20-2016, 04:16 PM
CHEETAH
At the end of each of your turns, if you bought two or more cards during your turn, you may destroy a card in your discard pile or draw an extra card.

Since its at the end of my turn does it mean I already drew my new hand? So say I had a kick and 4 punches, so I bought 2 kicks to trigger. I can still destroy one of the punches I used to buy the kicks during the turn?

SushiSquid
03-20-2016, 04:44 PM
CHEETAH
At the end of each of your turns, if you bought two or more cards during your turn, you may destroy a card in your discard pile or draw an extra card.

Since its at the end of my turn does it mean I already drew my new hand? So say I had a kick and 4 punches, so I bought 2 kicks to trigger. I can still destroy one of the punches I used to buy the kicks during the turn?
Yes, it means after you drew your new hand. So as long as that new hand didn't force you to shuffle and that Punch is still in your discard pile, you can destroy it.

SpiritDetective
03-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Why is Crisis Mazahs! worth 7 VP?

SushiSquid
03-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Why is Crisis Mazahs! worth 7 VP?
Good question. I had thought it might be because of the Hidden Objective called Winner Among Thieves, but in Crisis mode, you're not earning VPs for super villains at all. They get removed from the game. Perhaps it's just in case players use that villain outside of Crisis mode?

Matt_Hyra
03-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Just in case you are playing some crazy variant, and possible future proofing (+Power = S-V VPs or something).

unLimitedEnds
03-22-2016, 12:17 AM
For Ultraman FAA (Pick a card of each type from hand and discard pile and put them on the bottom of your deck. Gain a Weakness for each card type put this way), do the players get to decide which order the cards go on the bottom of their decks?

For Oversized Flash Hero Card (The first time a card tells you to draw, draw an extra card), does Boomerang resolve once when Flash plays Kid Flash (Draws one card, draws an extra due to hero power & Boomerang holder draws once) or twice (Draws one card, Flash super power triggers & Boomerang holder draws twice)?

For Captain Boomerang (Start of turn, you may put lowest VP value card from discard into your hand), does Weakness count as the lowest (-1 VP) and therefore is forced to be the card you put back into your hand?

For Deathstorm Impossible Mode Super Villain Stack Ongoing (Destroy the card of the lowest cost in your hand), if cards are tied for the lowest cost, do we get to choose which card to destroy?

For Grid Impossible Mode Super Villain effect (Each foe that plays a villain card, you may draw a card; and similar cards), if I have Belle Reve, can I still "play" Grid to get +1 Power? Or does he not count as anything during my turn?

For Killer Frost Oversized card, you can still play frozen cards and destroy them right? Since they are not bought or gained.

aoineko
03-22-2016, 10:31 AM
For Ultraman FAA (Pick a card of each type from hand and discard pile and put them on the bottom of your deck. Gain a Weakness for each card type put this way), do the players get to decide which order the cards go on the bottom of their decks?

Yes.

For Oversized Flash Hero Card (The first time a card tells you to draw, draw an extra card), does Boomerang resolve once when Flash plays Kid Flash (Draws one card, draws an extra due to hero power & Boomerang holder draws once) or twice (Draws one card, Flash super power triggers & Boomerang holder draws twice)?

Twice.

For Captain Boomerang (Start of turn, you may put lowest VP value card from discard into your hand), does Weakness count as the lowest (-1 VP) and therefore is forced to be the card you put back into your hand?

Yes.

For Deathstorm Impossible Mode Super Villain Stack Ongoing (Destroy the card of the lowest cost in your hand), if cards are tied for the lowest cost, do we get to choose which card to destroy?

Yes.

For Grid Impossible Mode Super Villain effect (Each foe that plays a villain card, you may draw a card; and similar cards), if I have Belle Reve, can I still "play" Grid to get +1 Power? Or does he not count as anything during my turn?

Yes. You can play any cards from your hand, even if they don't do anything.

For Killer Frost Oversized card, you can still play frozen cards and destroy them right? Since they are not bought or gained.

Yup.

unclebill
03-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Please delete the movie clips. Its just annoying and I have limited bandwidth.

AnExaltedPariah
03-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Crossover 4: Watchmen rules clarification.

Hello! First off, I would like to say that me and my playgroup love the DC Deck Building game. We have had so much fun with it since the very first standalone set. Absolutely fantastic game, thanks for making it.

So today, we had an interesting question come up during a Watchmen game we were playing. It was extremely close, and the answer to this actually dictates who won the game. So my question is this, when exactly do loyal players lose? Do they only lose at the end of a turn when the game attempts to refill the lineup, or can they lose mid turn due to an efect like Reconstruction, Owl Ship, etc.

Example: the loyal players are on the final challenge that is worth 14; all cards have been contributed; there are 3 cards left in the main deck; and 5 currently in the lineup; the current loyal player is at 13 power after asking for help from fellow loyal players; the question is: if they play Reconstruction, Owl Ship, etc which will get them the power they need to win the game, do they lose the game immediately when the card they played cannot replace the 5 cards in the lineup, or can loyal players only lose during the end of turn line up refilling?

Thanks in advance for any reply. We were split in our decision, and both sides had very convincing arguments so we really don't know what to think.

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2016, 11:02 AM
You lose the game immediately when there are empty spaces in the Line-Up that need filling, and no cards in the main deck.
It is not just end of turn refilling that will lose you the game.

Allete
03-29-2016, 12:17 PM
In using Beast boy, can i discard a starter to get nothing from the discard back. Like if i want to use it for a target for rage blood or king of Atlantis

SpiritDetective
03-30-2016, 03:14 PM
If I play J'onn J'onzz on Johnny Quick, will I be able to draw three cards since Johnny Quick is in play and not on the stack?

Matt_Hyra
03-30-2016, 05:58 PM
In using Beast boy, can i discard a starter to get nothing from the discard back. Like if i want to use it for a target for rage blood or king of Atlantis

If there are no cards to pick up in your discard pile, yes.

Matt_Hyra
03-30-2016, 06:00 PM
If I play J'onn J'onzz on Johnny Quick, will I be able to draw three cards since Johnny Quick is in play and not on the stack?

Yes

IAmTheGreat
03-31-2016, 05:48 AM
How do I determine which Crisis I can use Bane's ability to help defeat from earlier sets. Many say "destroy X from hand/discard". Does it only work on new ones that use Contribute?

Matt_Hyra
03-31-2016, 11:47 AM
How do I determine which Crisis I can use Bane's ability to help defeat from earlier sets. Many say "destroy X from hand/discard". Does it only work on new ones that use Contribute?

Yes. The cards are not in hand or top of deck, so they can't help with the older Crisis cards.

rauhr2002
03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
I don't know if this was answered earlier, but what happens if you reveal Man Bat Serum after playing Firestorm Matrix? Especially if you have five or more victory points when you play the Matrix? I'm sorry to make you repeat the answer, but there is a lot of threads to search.

Matt_Hyra
03-31-2016, 01:21 PM
I don't know if this was answered earlier, but what happens if you reveal Man Bat Serum after playing Firestorm Matrix? Especially if you have five or more victory points when you play the Matrix? I'm sorry to make you repeat the answer, but there is a lot of threads to search.

The Serum will be destroyed as usual, so probably not a good idea to use the Matrix on it.

Carthain
04-01-2016, 09:12 AM
When you play Man Bat Serum, will it be destroyed (at end of turn) if you have 5+ VP when you play it? Or only if you still have 5+ VP at the end of the turn?

Matt_Hyra
04-01-2016, 10:54 AM
If you have 5+ when you play it.
What you have at end of turn does not matter.

gerrymul
04-01-2016, 11:23 AM
If you have 5+ when you play it.
What you have at end of turn does not matter.

Oops - I had been reading the card with the emphasis on the "at end of turn"

Carthain
04-01-2016, 02:06 PM
From day to day I kept flip-flopping on how to read/interpret it. The one you gave is the latest one I'd settled on.... just gotta remember not to doubt myself next time :)

SpiritDetective
04-03-2016, 10:21 AM
When Crisis Bizarro attacks me, do I draw before or after the attack resolves?

Mac_Apple
04-03-2016, 05:29 PM
If Firestorm gains the game text of a location or another Ongoing, does he actually become an Ongoing card?
If he is Ongoing, does he only get his Ongoing ability each turn after the turn he is played?

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2016, 06:56 PM
When Crisis Bizarro attacks me, do I draw before or after the attack resolves?

After. Cards resolve before outside triggers resolve.

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2016, 06:56 PM
If Firestorm gains the game text of a location or another Ongoing, does he actually become an Ongoing card?
If he is Ongoing, does he only get his Ongoing ability each turn after the turn he is played?

No. He only gains the Ongoing text until end of turn.

Mac_Apple
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Another interesting interaction, does "Powerless" make a card like Nightmare Nurse or Rage Blood, that has effects based on 0-cost cards, have that effect based on 1-cost cards instead?

Also is there any single-player errata/rule modifications for Hunted by the Crime Syndicate, Crisis Bizarro, and Crisis Harley? (and any others that I'm not thinking of)

Matt_Hyra
04-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Another interesting interaction, does "Powerless" make a card like Nightmare Nurse or Rage Blood, that has effects based on 0-cost cards, have that effect based on 1-cost cards instead?

Also is there any single-player errata/rule modifications for Hunted by the Crime Syndicate, Crisis Bizarro, and Crisis Harley? (and any others that I'm not thinking of)

Powerless: Yes, they would then be based on 1-cost cards.
Solo: Hunted-You should attack yourself. Crisis Harley and Bizarro should probably not be used in Solo.

Mac_Apple
04-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Powerless: Yes, they would then be based on 1-cost cards.
Solo: Hunted-You should attack yourself. Crisis Harley and Bizarro should probably not be used in Solo.I agree that they shouldn't, but Lex can grab them at random. I guess the easy out for that is just removing them from the pool, though.

Matt_Hyra
04-05-2016, 12:27 AM
I agree that they shouldn't, but Lex can grab them at random. I guess the easy out for that is just removing them from the pool, though.

Yes, for solo they should be removed from the possibles.

IAmTheGreat
04-06-2016, 09:02 PM
For the crisis where at the start of your turn you destroy all heroes and gain that many random villains, what would happen if you have less villains destroyed than heroes in your hand?

Matt_Hyra
04-07-2016, 12:03 AM
For the crisis where at the start of your turn you destroy all heroes and gain that many random villains, what would happen if you have less villains destroyed than heroes in your hand?

Gain as many Villains as you can, then you are out of luck on the rest.

Rumpelfugly
04-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Does the Powerless Crisis also effect the text of cards that have (*=3) in them, making them (*=1) instead?

Matt_Hyra
04-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Italicised text is rules/reminder text and does not change.

TanisFrey
04-10-2016, 12:20 PM
How does Jay Garric ability interact with a card like Mallet?

Do you get to discard before you choose to draw/pass the card or it activates only after you choose to draw the card reveled?

aoineko
04-10-2016, 01:50 PM
How does Jay Garric ability interact with a card like Mallet?

Do you get to discard before you choose to draw/pass the card or it activates only after you choose to draw the card reveled?

Only works if you choose to draw.

fllrtndvd
04-11-2016, 07:27 PM
When you play the Batman Super Hero card from Forever Evil, it says "You may play up to three Equipment with cost 6 or less from the destroyed pile...." Green Lantern and Wonder Woman say similar for Heroes and Villains.

Does that mean up to 6 cost each, or total? Can I play three 3-cost cards for example?

Matt_Hyra
04-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Each with cost 6 or less. Sure, play three 3s.

midnight_rider
04-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Question about Boomerang equipment card in Crisis 3.

+3 Power
Each time a foe draws one or more cards during their turn, you may reveal this card. If you do, draw a card.

If a foe draws a card, I can reveal Boomerang and draw a card. If that foe draws another card later in his/her turn, can I draw another card? The 'one or more cards' part confuses me a little , but I think I would be allowed to.

Thank you.

gerrymul
04-14-2016, 10:48 AM
I believe it is for every time an opponent draws (whether it be 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 cards) during their turn. So the play Whirlwind, discarding their hand drawing 4 new cards - you reveal and draw. Next they play Flight Ring, you reveal and draw. Next they play Despero and draw two cards (attacking another player to force them to discard a card), you reveal and draw. Finally they play Canary Cry and draw, you reveal and draw. Given this scenario they active player would have drawn a total of 4 times during their turn (a total of 8 cards) and the owner of Boomerang would have drawn 4 cards.

Matt_Hyra
04-14-2016, 11:58 AM
"One or more" just means that you don't reveal Boomerang twice for a card played that reads: Draw two cards.
You may indeed reveal it multiple times per turn, once per draw effect.

LexLuthorJr
04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
If you are playing as Crisis Bizarro and play an attack that attacks all other players, do the players draw in clockwise order? Or is it at the same time?

Matt_Hyra
04-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Clockwise if it matters. Otherwise, it's Co-op, so all at once is fine.

TanisFrey
04-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Clockwise if it matters. Otherwise, it's Co-op, so all at once is fine.It could matter if someone has boomerang.
Do they get to show the boomerang for each player getting to draw off Crisis Bizarro?

Matt_Hyra
04-15-2016, 03:24 PM
It could matter if someone has boomerang.
Do they get to show the boomerang for each player getting to draw off Crisis Bizarro?

Boomerang only triggers on draws from the active player. "...during their turn."

SpiritDetective
04-19-2016, 01:42 PM
I can't find an answer to this question.

I Firestorm a Man-Bat Serum so it goes on top of my Super-Villain. On my next turn I have 5VP, but I didn't play Firestorm. Is Man-Bat Serum destroyed even though it's on top of my Super-Villain?

When is Man-Bat Serum destroyed?

gerrymul
04-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Firestorm is the card that will get destroyed next time you play him unless you can get rid of 1 of those VPs

BenJazz
04-20-2016, 09:17 AM
I can't find an answer to this question.

I Firestorm a Man-Bat Serum so it goes on top of my Super-Villain. On my next turn I have 5VP, but I didn't play Firestorm. Is Man-Bat Serum destroyed even though it's on top of my Super-Villain?

When is Man-Bat Serum destroyed?

There may need to be some clarification for your specific issue. I am assuming that when you used Firestorm and Man-Bat Serum was placed on top of your character card you did not have 5 VP. If so, then you only have to worry about when you play Firestorm in the future. gerrymul is correct in this scenario where if you play Firestorm in a future turn and you have 5 VP, Firestorm will be destroyed and not the Man-Bat Serum on its own.

If though you had 5 VP the turn you played Firestorm and Man-Bat Serum was placed on top of your character, Firestorm will be destroyed at the end of that turn (even if you get your VP count down to 4 before the end of your turn). Remember, you only deal with the text of the cards on your character when you play Firestorm so just having 5 VP and Man-Bat Serum on your character does nothing.

midnight_rider
04-20-2016, 10:33 AM
Question concerning 2 headed variant.

Recently played a sweet game of King Shark and Killer Frost vs Harley Quinn and Deadshot. Are VP tokens always considered to be a shared pool between the two characters? For instance, King Shark inherently gains a VP, Killer Frost can pay that VP to trigger her ability. I'm pretty sure it's OK and played right, but just to make sure.

Thanks!

SpiritDetective
04-20-2016, 10:36 AM
There may need to be some clarification for your specific issue. I am assuming that when you used Firestorm and Man-Bat Serum was placed on top of your character card you did not have 5 VP. If so, then you only have to worry about when you play Firestorm in the future. gerrymul is correct in this scenario where if you play Firestorm in a future turn and you have 5 VP, Firestorm will be destroyed and not the Man-Bat Serum on its own.

If though you had 5 VP the turn you played Firestorm and Man-Bat Serum was placed on top of your character, Firestorm will be destroyed at the end of that turn (even if you get your VP count down to 4 before the end of your turn). Remember, you only deal with the text of the cards on your character when you play Firestorm so just having 5 VP and Man-Bat Serum on your character does nothing.

When I played Firestorm, I had 4 VP.

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Question concerning 2 headed variant.

Recently played a sweet game of King Shark and Killer Frost vs Harley Quinn and Deadshot. Are VP tokens always considered to be a shared pool between the two characters? For instance, King Shark inherently gains a VP, Killer Frost can pay that VP to trigger her ability. I'm pretty sure it's OK and played right, but just to make sure.

Thanks!

Yes, that is totally fine.

DevilsReject97
04-20-2016, 02:20 PM
First time poster, short-time lurker:

We were playing Street Fighter DBG today and we kept encountering an issue we were unsure of.

Several
Counter-Attacks affect cards “in play” or in a discard pile. The affected player does not choose either “in play” or “discard pile.” They must look in both areas and then choose card(s) to be affected. The cards an attacker has played during his turn are in play.

1.) Is there a specific order these have to be followed in? Does the in-play take precedence or does the discard pile go first?

2.) Let's assume we use M. Bison for example, he states that you must place a hero in-play or in the discard pile under your character card. We have 11 power for the first stage USA, which is 8 power. My Hero is worth 3 that is being played. I've won the stage with my power total. I know that part. Does the counter attack reduce my remaining power to zero, since I've had to remove the +3 Hero from my lineup?

The major issue we were having is trying to determine how handle the in-play or discard pile aspect. While a lot of fun, it seemed....a little too easy...

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2016, 11:27 PM
1. No, there is not a specific order. The wording is there to prevent someone from saying: "I choose discard pile and there aren't any there, so I lose nothing." You look both places for any candidates, then choose one of them.

2. No, you already gained that Power.

IAmTheGreat
04-21-2016, 12:32 AM
How do Element Woman and shapeshift work with the crisis Electromagnetic Field?

Matt_Hyra
04-21-2016, 08:31 AM
How do Element Woman and shapeshift work with the crisis Electromagnetic Field?

They both become +1 Power with no additional text.

Allete
04-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Came up with an interesting situation when mixing sets..

In games with less than 5 people, we have gotten to using the extra difficulty of shuffling super villains into the main deck as mentioned in the set 1 and 2 crisis rulebooks.

If permanent eclipse happens, and you get a super villain to your deck, what would happen? Would you keep it or remove it or something else? Because of the crisis, you have no way to know it is a super villain until you draw it.

aoineko
04-21-2016, 01:10 PM
Came up with an interesting situation when mixing sets..

In games with less than 5 people, we have gotten to using the extra difficulty of shuffling super villains into the main deck as mentioned in the set 1 and 2 crisis rulebooks.

If permanent eclipse happens, and you get a super villain to your deck, what would happen? Would you keep it or remove it or something else? Because of the crisis, you have no way to know it is a super villain until you draw it.

You would keep it, since it's not a Super-Villain when you buy it.

Allete
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Ah ok, what about if you gain a crisis from main deck from permanent eclipse? Would that go into play the moment you draw it or would it be a dead card in your deck?

Matt_Hyra
04-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Ah ok, what about if you gain a crisis from main deck from permanent eclipse? Would that go into play the moment you draw it or would it be a dead card in your deck?

Immediately putting it into play seems like the most fun.

Deaconales
04-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Question about the Hobbit: Unexpected Journey DBG... If someone attacks with Fili or Kili (discard a card with cost 9 or greater), could you use a defense card even if the attack didn't effect you (to get 2 cards, for example).

IAmTheGreat
04-27-2016, 07:21 PM
For the crisis where heroes lose all abilities and each player needs to destroy a hero, what happens if you destroy White Lantern Corps?

aoineko
04-27-2016, 09:26 PM
Question about the Hobbit: Unexpected Journey DBG... If someone attacks with Fili or Kili (discard a card with cost 9 or greater), could you use a defense card even if the attack didn't effect you (to get 2 cards, for example).

Yes.

aoineko
04-27-2016, 09:33 PM
For the crisis where heroes lose all abilities and each player needs to destroy a hero, what happens if you destroy White Lantern Corps?

It remains in the destroyed pile.

Deaconales
04-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Thanks!!

SpiritDetective
05-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Does Crisis Bane get to put the "villains in the lineup" he buys under his character card?

If Crisis Deathstroke destroys a card in Crisis Bane's discard pile, does Crisis Bane get to put that card under Crisis Bane?

Matt_Hyra
05-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Does Crisis Bane get to put the "villains in the lineup" he buys under his character card?

If Crisis Deathstroke destroys a card in Crisis Bane's discard pile, does Crisis Bane get to put that card under Crisis Bane?

Bane: No, as his wording says someone must own it to place it under.
Deathstroke: No. Bane did not do the destroying, so he doesn't get to place it under.

unclebill
05-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Old card question. The Riddler allows you to repeat the buying of cards. Does this effect last until the next card is played or until the end of turn after other cards are played? We had a new player arguing about this.

Matt_Hyra
05-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Old card question. The Riddler allows you to repeat the buying of cards. Does this effect last until the next card is played or until the end of turn after other cards are played? We had a new player arguing about this.

The "any number of times" means now, not later on. The base rule is you must fully resolve a card before moving on to the next. So it lasts until the next card is played. Play it last!

Rorschach
05-21-2016, 02:23 AM
Hey everyone!

So, this happened. My sister used the Firestorm Matrix with Cold Gun. And she was freezing cards (sometimes the same card) at every turn. I was wondering is this ok?
If so, this is quite a nice strategy.

GuruGuru214
05-21-2016, 04:21 AM
The "any number of times" means now, not later on. The base rule is you must fully resolve a card before moving on to the next. So it lasts until the next card is played. Play it last!

Ordinarily, I'm not one to question your rulings, but this seems to go against the actual text on the card. If The Riddler just said "Use this ability any number of times" and ended there, I could understand this ruling. But the text is "Use this ability any number of times this turn." On any other card in the game (Aquaman's Trident, Green Arrow's Bow, Parallax, Word of Power, Daughter of Trigon, Jericho, etc.), "this turn" would make it an until end of turn effect, rather than part of resolving the card.

If you stick with the ruling, I'll accept it, but I just don't see where there's enough difference in wording to time the card that way.

Matt_Hyra
05-21-2016, 01:05 PM
We have ruled on this forum many a time that "this turn" is not an invitation to resolve the card at your leisure. Mostly in regards to Clayface. The "play it again this turn" on Clayface means play it right now.

We got a little carried away using "this turn." It would have been better to use something like "right now" on Clayface and Riddler, and "this turn" for the cards you mention. But "right now" doesn't look good as rules in print.

Mac_Apple
05-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Perhaps for the future a better wording could be "You may pay 3 Power any number of times as this card resolves" or "As you play this card, you may pay 3 Power any number of times". Would that work?

GuruGuru214
05-21-2016, 07:04 PM
We have ruled on this forum many a time that "this turn" is not an invitation to resolve the card at your leisure. Mostly in regards to Clayface. The "play it again this turn" on Clayface means play it right now.

We got a little carried away using "this turn." It would have been better to use something like "right now" on Clayface and Riddler, and "this turn" for the cards you mention. But "right now" doesn't look good as rules in print.

That's fair enough reasoning. The difference from other cards with similar text still bugs me a little, but I totally get where you're coming from on it. It'd be easy enough to use such a ruling to totally turn cards like X-Ray Vision or, like you said, Clayface on their heads, so I suppose it's best that way anyway.

GuruGuru214
05-28-2016, 03:52 AM
So my group just played a game of the base set with Crisis 1, Watchmen, and the Crisis 3 Super-Villains, and I think we came across another infinite chain. We chose to ignore it, the player ran his cards in a different order, and we continued the game, but I wanted to check in to see if that really worked the way we think it did.

The chain started when the player put down Nick Necro and gained Clayface off the top of the main deck. He then drew Duplication from his deck and realized he could use Duplication on Clayface, use one of the resulting plays of Clayface to trigger Nick Necro to gain a card and VP, and the other Clayface to loop back around to Duplication. Theoretically, this could be done with a power generating card as well, but Nick Necro allowed gaining all the VP in the main deck without the need for The Riddler.

Is that all legal, or is there anything that we missed?

Matt_Hyra
05-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Perhaps for the future a better wording could be "You may pay 3 Power any number of times as this card resolves" or "As you play this card, you may pay 3 Power any number of times". Would that work?

The first one seems a little better.

Matt_Hyra
05-28-2016, 10:13 AM
So my group just played a game of the base set with Crisis 1, Watchmen, and the Crisis 3 Super-Villains, and I think we came across another infinite chain. We chose to ignore it, the player ran his cards in a different order, and we continued the game, but I wanted to check in to see if that really worked the way we think it did.

The chain started when the player put down Nick Necro and gained Clayface off the top of the main deck. He then drew Duplication from his deck and realized he could use Duplication on Clayface, use one of the resulting plays of Clayface to trigger Nick Necro to gain a card and VP, and the other Clayface to loop back around to Duplication. Theoretically, this could be done with a power generating card as well, but Nick Necro allowed gaining all the VP in the main deck without the need for The Riddler.

Is that all legal, or is there anything that we missed?

Sounds legal to me.

SpiritDetective
05-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Does Daughter of Trigon reduce the cost of Villains you buy from the destroyed pile during Crisis Mazahs! ?

What about for the crisis Villains in Control?

Matt_Hyra
05-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Does Daughter of Trigon reduce the cost of Villains you buy from the destroyed pile during Crisis Mazahs! ?

What about for the crisis Villains in Control?

Yes, works for both. The word "defeat" is just a more thematic way of saying "buy" when referring to Super-Villains.

Unemployer
06-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Hi. My group and I were playing the other night and we were arguing about the The Joker (Impossible Mode). If the player has 4 foes who refuses to discard, does this mean he draws 8 and gets 8 power? How does this interaction work? Thanks for the help!

+2 Power and each foe chooses: They discard two random cards or you draw two cards.

Matt_Hyra
06-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Hi. My group and I were playing the other night and we were arguing about the The Joker (Impossible Mode). If the player has 4 foes who refuses to discard, does this mean he draws 8 and gets 8 power? How does this interaction work? Thanks for the help!

+2 Power and each foe chooses: They discard two random cards or you draw two cards.

It's +2 Power total. Then each foe chooses.

juicecoloredwhy
06-06-2016, 09:48 PM
It's +2 Power total. Then each foe chooses.

We've encountered this situation in our playgroup as well regarding this version of Joker. We understand that it will really only give +2 power no matter what, but if my 4 opponents elect not to discard 2 cards at random, I can then draw 8 cards? Or if only two opponents decide to discard, I still get to draw 4, etc.? From my understanding all my four opponents have to choose whether I draw two cards or they all discard two cards at random with no "split", because if "splits" are allowed then this version of Joker is really very strong and in my opinion blows Lex Luthor Impossible Mode's Draw 4 out of the water.

Matt_Hyra
06-07-2016, 12:29 AM
We've encountered this situation in our playgroup as well regarding this version of Joker. We understand that it will really only give +2 power no matter what, but if my 4 opponents elect not to discard 2 cards at random, I can then draw 8 cards? Or if only two opponents decide to discard, I still get to draw 4, etc.? From my understanding all my four opponents have to choose whether I draw two cards or they all discard two cards at random with no "split", because if "splits" are allowed then this version of Joker is really very strong and in my opinion blows Lex Luthor Impossible Mode's Draw 4 out of the water.

Each foe chooses on their own. They can "split." If two choose to discard and 2 choose not to, you will draw 4 cards.
If a split was not allowed, it would have been written differently. Possibly: +2 Power. Each foe may discard two cards. If each does not, draw two cards per foe. Or something.
Imp-Lex is more consistent draw, especially in 2-3 player games.

juicecoloredwhy
06-18-2016, 09:16 AM
btw, for the colored Power Rings that count the # of rings in your deck for their VP value, do they also count the original base set Power Ring as well as the supervillian Power Ring?

GuruGuru214
06-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Yes. A Power Ring is any card with the words "Power Ring" in its name, including the Equipment from the base game, the Villain from Forever Evil, and the Super-Villain from Crisis 3.

MidknightWraith
06-20-2016, 10:19 AM
First post here, so not 100% sure this is the correct thread for this question (it is about 2 older cards), but could not find the answer or any related question or a thread that seemed like the proper place for this so apologies if this is not the correct thread.

I was in a game yesterday and Possession was played and another player had Starro in his hand. Is the interaction here:
1) Nothing happens as you can't play a card for yourself on another players turn
2) Starro discards the top card of the players deck, and nothing else happens
3) Starro discards the top card of the players deck, and Possessions Player gets the effects of the discarded card as if he played it
4) Something else?

I thought it should be #2, with the outside possibility of #3. The owner of the game ruled it as #1, which didn't sit right with me at all.

IAmTheGreat
06-20-2016, 02:53 PM
First post here, so not 100% sure this is the correct thread for this question (it is about 2 older cards), but could not find the answer or any related question or a thread that seemed like the proper place for this so apologies if this is not the correct thread.

I was in a game yesterday and Possession was played and another player had Starro in his hand. Is the interaction here:
1) Nothing happens as you can't play a card for yourself on another players turn
2) Starro discards the top card of the players deck, and nothing else happens
3) Starro discards the top card of the players deck, and Possessions Player gets the effects of the discarded card as if he played it
4) Something else?

I thought it should be #2, with the outside possibility of #3. The owner of the game ruled it as #1, which didn't sit right with me at all.

Coiser
06-20-2016, 07:54 PM
1.) For 8-cost supervillain Ra's Al Ghoul, will he be put on the bottom of the deck at the end of any turn, regardless of whether you played him that turn or not? i.e. the turn you defeat him does he get put on the bottom of your deck?

2.) Do the villain and supervillain 'Power Ring' count when playing Kyle Rayner?

aoineko
06-20-2016, 08:11 PM
1.) For 8-cost supervillain Ra's Al Ghoul, will he be put on the bottom of the deck at the end of any turn, regardless of whether you played him that turn or not? i.e. the turn you defeat him does he get put on the bottom of your deck?

2.) Do the villain and supervillain 'Power Ring' count when playing Kyle Rayner?

1) Only after he is played.

2) yup

Coiser
06-21-2016, 09:31 PM
What is the difference in the wording on Ra's Al Ghoul and (for instance) Steve Trevor? Do I need to play Steve Trevor in order to be able to draw cards when destroying him in any zone?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2016, 09:57 PM
What is the difference in the wording on Ra's Al Ghoul and (for instance) Steve Trevor? Do I need to play Steve Trevor in order to be able to draw cards when destroying him in any zone?

You need to play a card that grants you a destroy effect. You don't have to play Steve Trevor that turn to get the effect. Most often he is in your discard pile, and you play a destruction effect, destroy him, then draw 2 and discard 1.

BenJazz
06-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Hey everyone,

So I was playing the Legion of Super-Heroes crossover for the first time in a while and we came across a question that I believe has been answered before but I couldn't find it in the forum search.

For the cards that have an attack and then have the text "If you own this card, +3 Power if any foe does not discard a card this way", do you get the +3 Power if a foe uses a Defense against the attack?

Carthain
06-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Discarding a card for it's defense ability isn't the same as discarding it due to the attack effect. Thus it doesn't satisfy the "discard a card in this way" clause.

So yes, you'd still get the +3 Power in your example.

Matt_Hyra
06-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Hey everyone,

So I was playing the Legion of Super-Heroes crossover for the first time in a while and we came across a question that I believe has been answered before but I couldn't find it in the forum search.

For the cards that have an attack and then have the text "If you own this card, +3 Power if any foe does not discard a card this way", do you get the +3 Power if a foe uses a Defense against the attack?

Carthain is correct. "This way" refers to the Attack's discard effect. A discarded Defense was not discarded as a result of the Attack effect, but by the Defense cost. So +3 Power (if you own it).

BenJazz
06-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Carthain is correct. "This way" refers to the Attack's discard effect. A discarded Defense was not discarded as a result of the Attack effect, but by the Defense cost. So +3 Power (if you own it).

Great, thank you both for the clarification. I know sometimes using a Defense can negate specialty text when associated with an Attack so I thought best to confirm.

Coiser
06-22-2016, 07:02 PM
My question is more broad, and considers the game as a whole, rather than worrying about how certain cards work. I do not understand the reason that Ra's Al Ghoul would not go to the bottom at the end of any of your turns, yet Steve Trevor draws you cards when he's destroyed.

Both of the cards have text written in the text box, one is followed all the time (Steve Trevor) and one only when played (Ra's). What is the difference in these two cards?

I'm not asking why one card or another works a particular way, I'm asking generally why card X's text is in effect while it's in a particular zone, but card Y's is not.

midnight_rider
06-22-2016, 10:02 PM
My question is more broad, and considers the game as a whole, rather than worrying about how certain cards work. I do not understand the reason that Ra's Al Ghoul would not go to the bottom at the end of any of your turns, yet Steve Trevor draws you cards when he's destroyed.

Both of the cards have text written in the text box, one is followed all the time (Steve Trevor) and one only when played (Ra's). What is the difference in these two cards?

I'm not asking why one card or another works a particular way, I'm asking generally why card X's text is in effect while it's in a particular zone, but card Y's is not.

Trevor's text says 'in any zone'. Your hand of cards is one of those zones. If he's destroyed there, he was never played. Can we agree that's legit?

Ok, the general rule of thumb is that a card must be played to get it's effect, like Ra's Al Ghul for instance. While it says something like 'at the end of your turn, it is understood the card must be played for the effect to occur. There is no exception or condition on his card that would indicate otherwise.

See the difference?

Coiser
06-22-2016, 10:23 PM
"While it says something like 'at the end of your turn', it is understood the card must be played for the effect to occur."

I've looked through all the rulebooks and haven't found anything that says, or alludes, to that. Can you please explain your justification for that statement.

I agree that S.Trevor will draw you the cards when he's destroyed from anywhere, b/c that's what the card says. For the same reason I feel that R.A.G. should be put on bottom at the end of the turn, b/c that's what the card says.

Maybe an alternative way of asking my question is to ask the following:
How would R.A.G. have to be worded in order to put it on bottom at the end of any of your turns, regardless of how it ended up in your discard pile?

midnight_rider
06-22-2016, 11:09 PM
"While it says something like 'at the end of your turn', it is understood the card must be played for the effect to occur."

I've looked through all the rulebooks and haven't found anything that says, or alludes, to that. Can you please explain your justification for that statement.

I agree that S.Trevor will draw you the cards when he's destroyed from anywhere, b/c that's what the card says. For the same reason I feel that R.A.G. should be put on bottom at the end of the turn, b/c that's what the card says.

How would R.A.G. have to be worded in order to put it on bottom at the end of any of your turns, regardless of how it ended up in your discard pile?

It would specifically say.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21356&p=193080&viewfull=1#post193080

Matt_Hyra
06-23-2016, 12:39 AM

For an active ability like that, probably a new keyword.
The passive ability of Steve Trevor uses a bit of shorthand that we did not want to make a keyword for at the time for 8 cards.

aoineko
06-23-2016, 08:53 AM

Actually, RAG never enters your discard pile if you play him. End of turn effects happen before you discard cards you played.

So:

1) If he enters your discard pile, he stays there.

2) If you play him, he goes under your deck before you discard the rest of the cards you played.

gerrymul
06-23-2016, 11:32 AM
The wording to change R.A.G. to what you believe should be the working would have to be along the lines of, "at the end of your turn, take R.A.G. from your play area or discard pile and place him on the bottom of your deck." This would have the effect of making him extremely valuable as he would go there the turn you bought him and would be largely less affected by things that make him discarded (leaving him languishing until you shuffle or retrieve him somehow to be played as he is now).

Brequon
06-27-2016, 10:11 AM
All of these Ra's Al Ghul questions made me think of something; What happens with Ra's Al Ghul and (I'm sorry but I do not remember the name) the Legion of Super Heroes card where you Time Travel or play and if it is the first card you play you play target oppenent's hand?

SpiritDetective
06-27-2016, 10:34 AM
If you play Ra's al Ghul and then use Magic on to play it again, will Ra's go to the bottom of your deck at the end of your turn?

Matt_Hyra
06-27-2016, 10:38 AM
All of these Ra's Al Ghul questions made me think of something; What happens with Ra's Al Ghul and (I'm sorry but I do not remember the name) the Legion of Super Heroes card where you Time Travel or play and if it is the first card you play you play target oppenent's hand?

Telepathy: Time Travel If this is the first card you play this turn, discard your hand and choose a foe. Play that foe's hand this turn, and return each card played this way to that foe's hand when it leaves play. Otherwise, +2 Power.

As Ras is leaving play, he returns to that player's hand.

Brequon
06-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Telepathy: Time Travel If this is the first card you play this turn, discard your hand and choose a foe. Play that foe's hand this turn, and return each card played this way to that foe's hand when it leaves play. Otherwise, +2 Power.

As Ras is leaving play, he returns to that player's hand.

Thanks! I figured it was straight forward, I just couldn't remember the wording on Telepathy.

Mac_Apple
06-27-2016, 06:31 PM
If I reveal a card on top of my deck with something like Nth Metal, and then an opponent asks me later what the card on top of my deck was, am I obliged to answer?

In other words, how long does a momentary reveal affect remain public knowledge?

Brequon
06-28-2016, 08:22 AM
If I reveal a card on top of my deck with something like Nth Metal, and then an opponent asks me later what the card on top of my deck was, am I obliged to answer?

In other words, how long does a momentary reveal affect remain public knowledge?

Nth Metal says look but I understand the point of your question. The following are my opinions as I do not remember a ruling on this:

I think it is up to you whether you share that knowledge or keep it to yourself. In a co-op game obviously share away but competitively your choice.

Carthain
06-28-2016, 11:28 AM

How I see it -- if it says "Look" ... then only you get to look at it, and you can share that information as you want.
If it says "Reveal" then everyone gets to see the card as you reveal it. And later on, if someone forgets you can remind them or not as you want. If it's important enough for them to care, then it's important enough for them to remember on their own.

Often anything you look at/reveal on your turn will either be discarded, or drawn into your hand either during that turn or at the end of your turn. So I've never found it overly relevant to remember a card that is revealed.

Coiser
06-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Based on the discussion about RAG, and the specified turn order sequence I cannot find a way for the Super Hero Ozymandias to be useful, can someone present a scenario where his ability can be beneficial?

I was previously drawing my hand of 5, and then using Ozy (for a 6th card), and then returning one.

Regarding the previous discussion, and Teen Titan rulebook, it looks like instead I should put all cards into my discard, then trigger Ozy to draw a card, then put one back (in this case the one I have just drawn, as I can't find any other good methods of having more cards in my hand to choose from at this time) and then drawing a new hand of 5 (one of which is the card I drew and then put back on top with Ozy).

Can someone please give me some tips on how I can better utilize Ozymandias?

rauhr2002
06-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Easiest example: drawing five punches on turn one, meaning you would have three vulnerabilities on turn two. Ozymandias' ability would give you a third punch.

Matt_Hyra
06-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Can someone please give me some tips on how I can better utilize Ozymandias?

Because Ozy is instructing you to draw an extra card, that is rolled in with your normal 5. So you get to see 6, then put one on top of your deck. It probably could have been worded a little more precisely, but there is only so much space.

gerrymul
06-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Ozy is like Lex and WW in that the ability comes when you draw cards after your turn has ended.

andymo24
06-30-2016, 08:25 AM
This may have been covered before, but given that we now have 4 clarification threads, the first three of which are not stickied anymore, and no database of rulings for each card that I'm aware of (suggestion), I'll ask:

I play Shazam! superpower and play a villain from the top of the main deck. Then I play Amazo. May I play the villain I played from the top of the main deck again with Amazo or is it not an option since it's now face down on top of the deck? Same situation with X-ray vision, I suppose.

Matt_Hyra
06-30-2016, 08:52 AM
This may have been covered before, but given that we now have 4 clarification threads, the first three of which are not stickied anymore, and no database of rulings for each card that I'm aware of (suggestion), I'll ask:

I play Shazam! superpower and play a villain from the top of the main deck. Then I play Amazo. May I play the villain I played from the top of the main deck again with Amazo or is it not an option since it's now face down on top of the deck? Same situation with X-ray vision, I suppose.

Since Shazam immediately returns the card to the top of the main deck, it is now hidden. That means Amazo can't see it to play it.
Same goes for X-Ray Vision.
Note that some effects do not immediately return cards played to their rightful place until end of turn. Since those cards are in play, they may be copied, etc.

Coiser
06-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Matt,

I'm trying to consolidate all the Power Ring & Kyle Rayner interactions. I looked through the message boards here and found rulings here and there, can you please comment on each of the below where I ask for your response, to see if I have the interactions correct.

List of Power Rings:
Power Ring (Equipment from Base set)
Power Ring (Villain from Forever Evil)
Power Ring (Supervillain from Crisis 3)
Black Lantern Power Ring
Blue Lantern Power Ring
Green Lantern Power Ring
Indigo Tribe Power Ring
Orange Lantern Power Ring
Red Lantern Power Ring
Star Sapphire Power Ring
White Lantern Power Ring
Yellow Lantern Corps Power Ring

Based on the list of “Power Rings” above, once the game is over, there are a total of 12 different “Power Rings” that may be counted when tallying up VP. No other cards classify as “Power Rings” once the game is over and you are counting up VP.
Response?

Regarding playing Kyle Rayner during the game, the 12 power rings mentioned above, plus the following cards all count toward his bonus power ability and towards his winning the game ability as follows:
Shapeshift -> Regarding the bonus ability power, Shapeshift (in play, or in your discard pile) only counts as +2 power if there are no other Power Rings in your discard pile or in play.
Response?

If you have multiple shapeshifts (and no other power rings), does only one of them counts for +2 power since all others are not “different”, or can each different shapeshift card count towards +power and winning the game?
Response?

Plastic Man -> Can only gain +2 power (and count as one Power Ring towards playing three Power Rings to win the game) if you are copying a Power Ring in your discard pile that is different from any other power ring you play this turn.
Response?

Clayface (base set) ->Can be used to play Plastic Man again. If Plastic Man originally copied power ring A in your discard pile, and when you play him again you copy power ring B in your discard pile, then the Plastic Man / Clayface interaction gains you +4 power and counts as two power rings towards winning the game.
Response?

Power Ring (the equipment from the base set, villain and supervillain) -> If you play all three of these in the same turn you win the game.
Response?

Matt_Hyra
07-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Matt,

I'm trying to consolidate all the Power Ring & Kyle Rayner interactions. I looked through the message boards here and found rulings here and there, can you please comment on each of the below where I ask for your response, to see if I have the interactions correct.

List of Power Rings:
Power Ring (Equipment from Base set)
Power Ring (Villain from Forever Evil)
Power Ring (Supervillain from Crisis 3)
Black Lantern Power Ring
Blue Lantern Power Ring
Green Lantern Power Ring
Indigo Tribe Power Ring
Orange Lantern Power Ring
Red Lantern Power Ring
Star Sapphire Power Ring
White Lantern Power Ring
Yellow Lantern Corps Power Ring

Based on the list of “Power Rings” above, once the game is over, there are a total of 12 different “Power Rings” that may be counted when tallying up VP. No other cards classify as “Power Rings” once the game is over and you are counting up VP.
Response?

Correct.

Regarding playing Kyle Rayner during the game, the 12 power rings mentioned above, plus the following cards all count toward his bonus power ability and towards his winning the game ability as follows:
Shapeshift -> Regarding the bonus ability power, Shapeshift (in play, or in your discard pile) only counts as +2 power if there are no other Power Rings in your discard pile or in play.
Response?

It doesn't matter if there are other Power Rings around. A card is only the same card as Shapeshift if it has the same name, card type, and cost as Shapeshift.

If you have multiple shapeshifts (and no other power rings), does only one of them counts for +2 power since all others are not “different”, or can each different shapeshift card count towards +power and winning the game?
Response?

Multiple Shapeshift cards are not different cards. Only the first one counts.

Plastic Man -> Can only gain +2 power (and count as one Power Ring towards playing three Power Rings to win the game) if you are copying a Power Ring in your discard pile that is different from any other power ring you play this turn.
Response?

Plastic Man was reprinted in Crisis 2: Choose an Equipment in your discard pile or that you played this turn. Plastic Man gains the game text of that card this turn.

Clayface (base set) ->Can be used to play Plastic Man again. If Plastic Man originally copied power ring A in your discard pile, and when you play him again you copy power ring B in your discard pile, then the Plastic Man / Clayface interaction gains you +4 power and counts as two power rings towards winning the game.
Response?

See above. With Plastic Man's new text, he only gains the card text and not the name or type of the chosen card.

Power Ring (the equipment from the base set, villain and supervillain) -> If you play all three of these in the same turn you win the game.
Response?

Yes

Akatzukilord
07-04-2016, 06:17 AM
I play with two characters Bane and Rorschach. I use Rorschachs ability to play the top card of my opponent. Can i use Banes ability to get +2 power and destroy the card?

Matt_Hyra
07-04-2016, 09:36 AM
I play with two characters Bane and Rorschach. I use Rorschachs ability to play the top card of my opponent. Can i use Banes ability to get +2 power and destroy the card?

Yes, but it will go back to the top of their deck at end of turn.

Akatzukilord
07-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes, but it will go back to the top of their deck at end of turn.

Could i steal his card from the destroyed pile if i play a card like Signature Trenchcoat or The Atom?

BenJazz
07-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Could i steal his card from the destroyed pile if i play a card like Signature Trenchcoat or The Atom?

Only if you were able to get it into your discard pile and then into a hidden zone (such as your deck by shuffling or placing on top or placing under your character with an Arrow crossover card). You could use Signature Trenchcoat of The Atom but you would have to find a way to move the card afterwords.

Unemployer
07-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Something happened when we played earlier and we were debating on the word "play"

1. I played Black Hand (Impossible Mode) and there is a Crystal Shield and Clayface in the Destroyed Pile. Do I get a a pseudo infinite loop and I get to draw my entire deck and get x number of power? My friend is saying that Black Hand is still resolving and thus it cannot be a target of Clayface. Which is correct?

2. And just to confirm, if I drew all of my cards and I have no other cards to draw, do I still gain +1 for the Crystal Shield?

BH(IM) You may play up to two cards from the destroyed pile, and then return them. If you choose not to, +3 Power
CS +1 Power and draw a card.
CF Choose a card you played this turn. Play it again this turn. (Effects and Power generated the first time you played it remain.)

Brequon
07-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Something happened when we played earlier and we were debating on the word "play"

1. I played Black Hand (Impossible Mode) and there is a Crystal Shield and Clayface in the Destroyed Pile. Do I get a a pseudo infinite loop and I get to draw my entire deck and get x number of power? My friend is saying that Black Hand is still resolving and thus it cannot be a target of Clayface. Which is correct?

2. And just to confirm, if I drew all of my cards and I have no other cards to draw, do I still gain +1 for the Crystal Shield?

BH(IM) You may play up to two cards from the destroyed pile, and then return them. If you choose not to, +3 Power
CS +1 Power and draw a card.
CF Choose a card you played this turn. Play it again this turn. (Effects and Power generated the first time you played it remain.)

Your friend is correct in that Black Hand is still resolving. If you target Crystal Shield and Clayface, Black Hand's resolution is dependant on those card completing first before Black Hand finishes being played.

Matt_Hyra
07-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Not an infinite loop. Clayface and Crystal Shield are put into play when played, so they cannot be chosen again as your targets for Black Hand. Note that Black Hand is in play when played, so he is a valid target for Clayface.

xwolfxheartx
07-06-2016, 06:26 PM
This is more a game question than card...

If playing Crysis 3 with the Forever Evil basic set, do you remove heroes instead of villains or does it play the same as the other crisis games?

Matt_Hyra
07-06-2016, 10:14 PM
This is more a game question than card...

If playing Crysis 3 with the Forever Evil basic set, do you remove heroes instead of villains or does it play the same as the other crisis games?

You remove Villains, same as the other Crisis games. In the storyline, the Super-Villains of Earth have to fight the Crime Syndicate, so it's Villains vs Villains for all of the marbles.

SpiritDetective
07-25-2016, 02:41 PM
When does the foe draw a card for Crisis Bizarro? Is it before or after the resolution of the Attack card?

Crisis Black Manta placed Starters into the bottom of the main deck. When those Starters enter the lineup, can a player spend 0 power to gain them?

Matt_Hyra
07-25-2016, 09:28 PM
After the Attack has resolved.
Yes, you can spend 0 Power to buy a Starter.

Vellius
07-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Just got Crisis 3 and played my first game of it a few days ago. Had a lot of fun, but there's something I was hoping to get clarification on: do cards placed under Crisis Bane stay there permanently, counting towards any Crises that they could normally be contributed to? Or does Bane's player need to remove the cards from beneath the Bane card to contribute them to a given Crisis?

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Just got Crisis 3 and played my first game of it a few days ago. Had a lot of fun, but there's something I was hoping to get clarification on: do cards placed under Crisis Bane stay there permanently, counting towards any Crises that they could normally be contributed to? Or does Bane's player need to remove the cards from beneath the Bane card to contribute them to a given Crisis?

He needs to remove the cards and place them next to the Crisis. They get used up.

Nidian
07-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Can the cards under Bane be discarded or destroyed to beat a crisis as well or just contributed? We have been playing where they can be used for everything.

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Can the cards under Bane be discarded or destroyed to beat a crisis as well or just contributed? We have been playing where they can be used for everything.

As long as it doesn't need to come from a specific spot (top of deck/discard pile/etc.), then yes.

rauhr2002
07-28-2016, 03:54 PM
When playing Plastic Man, MRP, if he gains the game text of a Defense card like Skeets, does he count as a Defense card for things like "Hero from the Future" (+2 power for each defense card played) or other Hero abilities?

Matt_Hyra
07-29-2016, 09:13 AM
When playing Plastic Man, MRP, if he gains the game text of a Defense card like Skeets, does he count as a Defense card for things like "Hero from the Future" (+2 power for each defense card played) or other Hero abilities?

Yes, he would be considered a Defense card when played.

andymo24
08-06-2016, 09:20 PM
If Johnny Quick is out and I play Mallet can I choose to draw the revealed card so that it stays on top of my deck, or must I pass it?

andymo24
08-06-2016, 10:45 PM
If you have Sea King in play and then play Shazam super hero, can you put the card you played that you gained on top of your deck?

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2016, 07:19 AM
If Johnny Quick is out and I play Mallet can I choose to draw the revealed card so that it stays on top of my deck, or must I pass it?

You can choose to draw it and fail to do so.

andymo24
08-09-2016, 11:23 AM
If you have Sea King in play and then play Shazam super hero, can you put the card you played that you gained on top of your deck?

12-cost Shazam Super Hero from Forever Evil (not the over sized character card, not the Super Power from Heroes Unite): Gain the top two cards of the main deck, play them, and then destroy one of them.

Does Sea King allow you to put cards that you gained and then played on top of your deck? Also, what about the timing, can you choose to put the card on top of your deck instead of playing it? And could you then avoid having to destroy one of them? Could you put the card you destroyed on top of your deck, since it is visible in the destroyed pile and you did gain it that turn?

Matt_Hyra
08-09-2016, 01:53 PM
12-cost Shazam Super Hero from Forever Evil (not the over sized character card, not the Super Power from Heroes Unite): Gain the top two cards of the main deck, play them, and then destroy one of them.

Does Sea King allow you to put cards that you gained and then played on top of your deck? Also, what about the timing, can you choose to put the card on top of your deck instead of playing it? And could you then avoid having to destroy one of them? Could you put the card you destroyed on top of your deck, since it is visible in the destroyed pile and you did gain it that turn?

Since the destroyed zone is not a hidden zone, you can put both of them on top of your deck.
You can't choose to not play them.

andymo24
08-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Since the destroyed zone is not a hidden zone, you can put both of them on top of your deck.
You can't choose to not play them.

Timing question in this situation and similar Aquaman genre of skills: must you use Sea King's ability immediately after gaining the card and put it on top of your deck, or can you wait and play other cards or use other abilities in between and add the card to the top of your deck later? I believe I've seen that you must put a gained card on top of your deck right away or else lose the option to do so, but I wanted to check.

Also, if you gain a card to your hand, can you play it and then use Sea King to put it on top of your deck? Or is your hand a hidden zone such that it loses its designation/memory of being a card that was gained this turn?

Thank you.

Matt_Hyra
08-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Timing question in this situation and similar Aquaman genre of skills: must you use Sea King's ability immediately after gaining the card and put it on top of your deck, or can you wait and play other cards or use other abilities in between and add the card to the top of your deck later? I believe I've seen that you must put a gained card on top of your deck right away or else lose the option to do so, but I wanted to check.

Right away or not at all.

Also, if you gain a card to your hand, can you play it and then use Sea King to put it on top of your deck? Or is your hand a hidden zone such that it loses its designation/memory of being a card that was gained this turn?

Thank you.

Your hand is a hidden zone, so it loses track of the fact that it was gained this turn.

LexLuthorJr
08-15-2016, 10:04 AM
If Vixen reveals Shape Shift or Element Woman, do all four of her abilities trigger, or must you pick one?

Matt_Hyra
08-15-2016, 10:34 AM
If Vixen reveals Shape Shift or Element Woman, do all four of her abilities trigger, or must you pick one?

Those cards can trigger multiple effects on her.

SpiritDetective
08-16-2016, 04:47 PM
If I play Duplication and choose Shapeshift, what gets destroyed in my opponents' discard piles?

Matt_Hyra
08-16-2016, 05:06 PM
If I play Duplication and choose Shapeshift, what gets destroyed in my opponents' discard piles?

They destroy "a" (one) card in their hand or discard pile. I suspect they will pick a 0-cost card.

Allete
08-16-2016, 06:18 PM
If I play The Atom and destroy a cost 4 to gain Deadman from the destroyed pile, do I get the effect of destroying 2 cards in hand and/or discard? Not sure because i know deadman goes into the hand which is not a visible zone.

gerrymul
08-17-2016, 12:04 PM
if the text on Atom says "Gain" then you should be able to use the Deadman effect. The visible zone issue doesn't really come into play as Shazam's oversize ability to top deck cards gained from the main deck has previously been ruled that you simply reveal to players that you gained Deadman and then top deck it. The Deadman destroy doesn't trigger when you are passed it I know, but buying or gaining from any zone should trigger it.

Matt_Hyra
08-17-2016, 01:34 PM
If I play The Atom and destroy a cost 4 to gain Deadman from the destroyed pile, do I get the effect of destroying 2 cards in hand and/or discard? Not sure because i know deadman goes into the hand which is not a visible zone.

As long as the card effect doesn't say "from the Line-Up" then it works.

zerowolf
08-24-2016, 03:33 AM
Hope I am Doing this right

Question about coloy Location. You can put destroyed cards under this location and they can count as Ongoing locations for you to discard. (Cant remember actual wording dont have card with me atm)

1. If you do use it and discard a card from under it, does it go into graveyard or destroyed pile? I mean it was destroyed orignaly.
2. If you have the cyber card which gives +1 for each ongoing in play do the cards under coloy count as Ongoing for that effect.

BenJazz
08-24-2016, 06:22 AM
1. If you do use it and discard a card from under it, does it go into graveyard or destroyed pile? I mean it was destroyed orignaly.

The discarded card will go into your normal discard pile and not the destroyed pile. This is to balance off the benefit of not discarding an ongoing you control with adding an "unfavorable" card back into your deck.

2. If you have the cyber card which gives +1 for each ongoing in play do the cards under coloy count as Ongoing for that effect.

The cards under The Colony only count as Ongoing cards when a card specifically asks to discard an ongoing from play. The Colony itself counts as an Ongoing you control for Cybernetic Enhancements but not the cards underneath it.

andymo24
08-24-2016, 11:49 AM
If I play Shazam! super power to reveal and play Raven from the top of the main deck, and then play Blue Lantern Power Ring, do I get +1 for having played the Hero Raven from BLPR? Same situation for Kyle Rayner after playing a power ring off the top of the main deck.

In order for a card you have played to be a target of "play it again" it has to be in play in front of you, right? It can't be something that has returned to anyone's hand, any deck, discard pile, destroyed pile, line up, super villain stack...

Matt_Hyra
08-24-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes, Raven would count as a Hero played that turn.

Yes, in order to play a card again it must be in play.

zerowolf
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
So going back to my question about The Colony Location I could use a card with say an effect destroy a (super power/villan/hero) and gain power = to its cost put it under colony use colony suit or some other effect that makes me discard a ongoing and discard the card I just destroyed and put under coloy.

That seems a little broken.

Like Destroy a Super Villan or hero Put it under Colony Gain like 10-13 power Use idk static discard an ongoing aka discard the super villan I just destroyed to get him back in my discard pile. Rinse and Repeat.

Is that right???

BenJazz
08-24-2016, 07:54 PM
You are correct. In the Teen Titans set there are not any major destroys like you are describing so you would have to mix in cards from Forever Evil (which has the "destroy [TYPE] and gain +Power equal cost" effects) to really get a strong benefit.

Mac_Apple
08-24-2016, 08:36 PM
When Amazo attacks, do players pass the cards one at a time or simultaneously? In other words, can you pass the card you just received?

Y...making you discard The Colony while putting the cards underneath it into the destroyed pile.Wait, so those cards are put in the destroyed pile? For some reason I thought I read a while back that they would be discarded.

Matt_Hyra
08-25-2016, 12:36 AM
All Amazo cards are passed simultaneously, so you cannot pass a card you received.

Cards from under The Colony are discarded, not destroyed.

SpiritDetective
08-29-2016, 11:30 AM
Does Atomica's FAA discard ongoing cards you have in play?

BenJazz
08-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Does Atomica's FAA discard ongoing cards you have in play?

Her FAA only makes you discard from your hand. Unless otherwise noted, "discard" on any card text means only from hand.

unclebill
09-04-2016, 12:28 PM
In a four player game, I have no cards and someone else plays Amazo. Do I receive a card even though I have none to pass?

aoineko
09-04-2016, 01:36 PM
In a four player game, I have no cards and someone else plays Amazo. Do I receive a card even though I have none to pass?

By "plays" do you mean flips him over on the Super-Villain stack? First Appearance Attacks don't resolve when you play the card.

If so, yes!

zerowolf
09-05-2016, 08:12 PM
This involves cheetah. When u use her ability at the end of turn u draw your five cards can you look at your hand and then determine if you wanna draw or destroy a card in the grave yard

Also if cheetah gained a boss card and a new boss showed up and did first appearance attack and she gained a weakness since this happened at end of turn that would be the previous boss and a weakness gained which is two cards does that trigger her ability since it says buy or gained 2 or more. Then once again back to the first question can they look at hand and determine to draw or kill the weakness they just gained

Matt_Hyra
09-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Her ability happens at the end of her turn.
First Appearance Attacks happen in between turns, long after Cheetah has destroyed a card or not.

zerowolf
09-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Ok that answers the 2nd question what about the first.

Since at the end of turn u draw five cards do you get to look at your hand first before deciding which ability to use

BenJazz
09-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Ok that answers the 2nd question what about the first.

Since at the end of turn u draw five cards do you get to look at your hand first before deciding which ability to use

As stated in all of the big box rulebook's, the end of turn sequence is as follows:

1. Announce that you are ending your turn. Your turn is now over.
2. Place any cards remaining in your hand into your discard pile.
3. Resolve any "at the end of your turn" effects.
6. Draw 5 cards.

You have to make the decision on Cheetah's effect before you draw your new hand. The nice thing about this sequence though is you can destroy cards you did not play from hand this turn with her effect.

zerowolf
09-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Ok thanks alot

shen
09-07-2016, 12:35 AM
Say a player is resolving the effect of an attack against himself (on patrol game, impossible mode Vandal Savage, Possession, etc) so that the attack is not being played by another player. If Catwoman (Forever Evil) attacks in this way, what happens to the VP? If Broadsword attacks in this way, who chooses the card to be destroyed?