PDA

View Full Version : About the Kickstarter Features that aren't here yet

Bells
03-02-2016, 11:36 AM
I've been around since the early Alpha stages of the game, and some of the features of the game that im most excited about aren't here yet. Actually, i can't find information of WHEN they could possibly arrive.

As we step forward into Set 4 of Hex, with PVE underway and tournaments going on, i can't help to wonder when we will see these features arrive into the game, since they can heavily change the way cards play. Some of these features are here already, which is good ( Equipment ), others are not (double back, card XP).

I wanted a bit more info on features and detailes from the Kickstarter that haven't been implemented yet...

hex_colin
03-02-2016, 12:03 PM
I've been around since the early Alpha stages of the game, and some of the features of the game that im most excited about aren't here yet. Actually, i can't find information of WHEN they could possibly arrive.

As we step forward into Set 4 of Hex, with PVE underway and tournaments going on, i can't help to wonder when we will see these features arrive into the game, since they can heavily change the way cards play. Some of these features are here already, which is good ( Equipment ), others are not (double back, card XP).

I wanted a bit more info on features and detailes from the Kickstarter that haven't been implemented yet...

Cory posted an article on the main site a while back with a sequence of feature release.

Basically, Keeps > Guilds > Raids in the next 2-3 PVE patches is what they expect.

Aradon
03-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Are Keeps the 'Strongholds' mentioned last time, Colin?

Bells
03-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Cory posted an article on the main site a while back with a sequence of feature release.

Basically, Keeps > Guilds > Raids in the next 2-3 PVE patches is what they expect.

You mean this one?

https://www.hextcg.com/the-future-of-hex/

Sadly no mention anywhere of when this will become a reality...

- The DOUBLE BACK feature makes each card a unique collectable and gives each a life of its own

Flip your card and see its back, flip it again and see the DOUBLE BACK; each double back features 3 card achievements (unlock them all to transform the card into an “extended art” version), a leveling bar (fill it to transform the card into a foil variant), a trophy case (earn trophies using the card in a tournament-winning deck), and other card-specific information.

Might be silly for some, but for me was the staple of a cardgame that needed a virtual playground to exist. features that a physical game cannot really do without being overly cumbersome to pull off. And this is the ONE feature from the original kickstarter still missing in action.

Clawdius
03-03-2016, 01:56 AM
You mean this one?

https://www.hextcg.com/the-future-of-hex/

Sadly no mention anywhere of when this will become a reality...

Might be silly for some, but for me was the staple of a cardgame that needed a virtual playground to exist. features that a physical game cannot really do without being overly cumbersome to pull off. And this is the ONE feature from the original kickstarter still missing in action.

They're still trying to figure out how to make foils look cool without chewing up too much memory, the game is a resource hog already according to people with lower end PCs. We still can't get the Dragon's Blood starter, because foil Uruunaz can't yet exist. They pulled the EA feature from the doubleback, so it will be neat to see if they replace it. It was claimed by Chark that it would be replaced by something cool, but unfortunately he also said that they were working on the option to universally disable Extended Art in the game options and that has yet to happen.

Supposedly they found that a lot of the doubleback actions weren't fun, which is pretty legit since they're using their time to try to make things that are fun to unlock while you're playing the game. But if I were a betting man, I'd say that the fact that the cards are supposed to become foil versions when the XP bar is filled is kind of a big deal when foil cards are not yet extant.

Sixlooter
03-03-2016, 02:15 AM

I'd strongly question if it makes sense to first have guilds before any content that can be enjoyed in any way cooperative.

Clawdius
03-03-2016, 02:20 AM
I'd strongly question if it makes sense to first have guilds before any content that can be enjoyed in any way cooperative.

Guild Banks, a "Last logged in" tracking feature for guild members. A Guild Message of the Day. A Guild Channel where we can talk to each other without clogging up the general chat? A Guild Tag so we can see if all the people we like are in the same guild. Perhaps a couple of shrubbery, with a little path running down the middle, one higher than the other to create a two tiered effect.

madar
03-03-2016, 02:28 AM

Strange, i see this exactly opposite way. I wouldn't want to go to any multiplayer action with strangers, because in this type of games you can easily run into people who not very active at the computer during a match (especially if is not something competetive, and there is nothing to lose), and you have to wait a lot for all of theirs click. So for me is pretty fine if first we can build up a community (in a guild), see who play when and how often, and how trustable --> and then we can play with them together.

nicetodd
03-03-2016, 08:48 AM
It is clear the original Kickstarter 1) misrepresented how much development had been done and 2) underestimated work to accomplish the amount promised. Regarding #1 the original video has been edited regarding that particular point...

That said : patience has been rewarded here. When they release something, it is above average quality and given they are blazing new ground especially in PVE, this game is nothing short of exceptional. Patience. It is coming.

Sixlooter
03-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Strange, i see this exactly opposite way. I wouldn't want to go to any multiplayer action with strangers, because in this type of games you can easily run into people who not very active at the computer during a match (especially if is not something competetive, and there is nothing to lose), and you have to wait a lot for all of theirs click. So for me is pretty fine if first we can build up a community (in a guild), see who play when and how often, and how trustable --> and then we can play with them together.
This game is very much single player in the PVP mode (you play alone against another human or AI). And in PVE it is only you completely alone against AI.
Yes there are social features, like chatting and in the broadest sense also the Auction house but that is more or less it.

Guilds for messeging each other etc.? Well you don't need ingame features for that...might be nice, but not a big deal with the current status.
REAL multiplayer features, especially in PVE - then we are talking.
Implementing guilds before that would be the same thing like buying a car, months or half a year before you acquire the drivers licence. Just not really useful ;)