PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Expansion 3: new Super Villains!!!

Matafer
03-02-2016, 03:32 PM
King Shark
Captain Boomerang
Killer Frost
Poison Ivy

I assume Deadshot, Joker's Daughter, Unknown Soldier, or Reverse Flash? Anyone have it yet?

SpiritDetective
03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Cheetah
Deadshot

There is a Joker's Daughter card. No Unknown Soldier or Reverse Flash.

Mac_Apple
03-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm sure Reverse Flash will be in Rogues. It's about time. I really hope Lobo will be, but he doesn't really fit the theme.

Also, Larfleeze and Atrocitus or I riot.... alone. :P

BenJazz
03-03-2016, 06:26 AM
I don't see Reverse-Flash being a character in the upcoming Rogues Crossover as he has never been considered a "Rogue". Crypto might make him a main deck villain card instead but I feel like they are going to save him for The Flash TV Series Crossover if tat is still happening down the line.

Tamahome
03-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Some very powerful cards in this set... Boomerang seems scary in classic play

SpiritDetective
03-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Poison Ivy is now one of my favorite cards. There were so many cheap super powers in Forever Evil to help trigger her ability. Even though I couldn't destroy starters (Thanks Outsider), I could still "poison" other people's deck by passing starters to their discard pile.

I'm curious how she'd play in Teen Titans with the abundance of Ongoing cards. I'm hoping she's still as good in the Base Set and Heroes Unite. You have to keep superpowers and locations away from her.

MStreva89
03-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Where can I get some damn spoilers on the Character cards!? I've been dying to see them, but all 3 stores I contacted yesterday didn't have them.

SpiritDetective
03-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Poison Ivy:

The first time you play an Ongoing card or a non-Kick Super-Power during each of your turns, reveal the top card of your deck. Leave it, discard it, or pass it to another player's discard pile.

gerrymul
03-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Sweet! So looking forward to getting this once it gets to larger release outside Alliance.

MStreva89
03-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Poison Ivy:

The first time you play an Ongoing card or a non-Kick Super-Power during each of your turns, reveal the top card of your deck. Leave it, discard it, or pass it to another player's discard pile.

Alright one spoiler... anyone care to dump the entirety of the Characters or do I have to hope my store has it today?

Edit: No store in Miami has it... #Dying.

Tamahome
03-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Cheetah- the first time you gain or buy two cards during your turn, choose 1 draw a card or destroy a card in your discard pile

MStreva89
03-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Cheetah- the first time you gain or buy two cards during your turn, choose 1 draw a card or destroy a card in your discard pile

Yes, dribbling in slowly, but eventually I'll know the effect text of all 14 Characters lol.

StormKing
03-03-2016, 12:48 PM

It's "At the end of your turn, if you bought or gained two or more cards this turn, choose 1: Draw a card or destroy a card in your discard pile."

MStreva89
03-03-2016, 12:50 PM
It's "At the end of your turn, if you bought or gained two or more cards this turn, choose 1: Draw a card or destroy a card in your discard pile."

That is a pretty massive difference indeed haha. Much better for early game, worse for mid-late game.

gerrymul
03-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Does the drawn card then mean you have a 6 card hand next turn?

aoineko
03-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Does the drawn card then mean you have a 6 card hand next turn?

Since it happens at end of turn, yes.

StormKing
03-03-2016, 05:08 PM
It's like Wonder Woman only focusing on taking as many things as you can rather than beating up bad guys. As an added bonus, if you don't want the extra card you could get rid of something of no use to you, like Steve Trevor. ;)

gerrymul
03-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Definitely a cool mechanic for Cheetah

andymo24
03-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Since it happens at end of turn, yes.

Is that before or after you draw your hand of five?

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Is that before or after you draw your hand of five?

End of Turn Sequence
Step #3- Resolve any "at end of your turn" effects.

Step #6- Draw five cards.

MStreva89
03-04-2016, 03:11 AM
Matt,

You just posted this ruling:

"End of Turn Sequence

Step #6- Draw five cards."

This specific ruling appears to completely destroy Ozymandias as you would draw a card, then place it back on top of your deck, then draw 5 cards. Please clarify this.

BenJazz
03-04-2016, 07:09 AM
End of Turn Sequence

Step #6- Draw five cards.

From my understanding, the steps may need to be reordered slightly. The best way I could see this working properly without much confusion would be to move Step 6 to be Step 3 and Step 3 becoming Step 4 and so on. Some thought on why:

-Removes the confusion about end of turn effects dealing with drawing
-Allows the step for filling empty slots in the Line-Up to happen when the player now has their hand (which is important in sequence when playing Crisis Mode with cards like Arkham Breakout)

Additionally, I was curious as to if there was a reason what is currently Step 4 for placing played cards into the discard pile is after resolving end of turn effects. It seems like it would fit after Step 2 but I don't know if there was some back reasoning for this.

Matt_Hyra
03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Steps 5 & 6 will swap positions when the next rulebook is written.

As for Ozymandias, his "at end of turn" sets up a modification to your Step 6: Draw five cards, as he refers to drawing an extra card.
You do not draw the extra card until you have some draws to "extra" onto.

SpiritDetective
03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Deadshot was really effective in Teen Titans.

One such combo popped up:

On your turn, discard Molecular Vibration and draw a card.
Since you discarded a card, then Deadshot lets you put a card on top of your deck.
You can choose the Molecular Vibration that was just discarded in your discard pile.