PDA

View Full Version : First time playing the campaign mode in Hex, and I have a few questions

BreadMold
03-02-2016, 11:12 PM
1) Does the character that I choose matter at all? Which race, class, or faction are the strongest when fighting monsters?

2) If I win cards in the campaign mode, is it only relevant for that playthrough with that one character, or do those cards also go into my "master" collection for future campaigns or PvP?

3) I beat the first boss (the one guarding the emerald) and I received a pack, but it's human only since I chose a human cleric as my first playthrough. If I were to choose a different race, would I instead be getting a pack specific to that race?

4) What are the best ways to get cards and packs when I'm doing PvE? By fighting dungeons? How many times do I have to do it? Do I have to do it for every combination of race + class + faction just to maximize the amount of cards that I get?

5) I registered for Hex quite a long time ago, and I picked the Orc starter pack. Will this affect the battles I fight in campaign mode (as in, if I were to pick orc, would I be getting more cards)?

6) Are there unlockables? I heard that there were, where beating a certain dungeon using a certain class will unlock another class.

7) The in-game manual said that if I lose 3 card games in a dungeon, I'm out of the dungeon. Does this mean that I have to restart all the battles again for that dungeon?

Thanks.

wolzarg
03-02-2016, 11:43 PM
1. Most work fine some are a little weaker than others i think necrotic cleric has to be the strongest one with a limited collection.
2. Master collection for all the cards
3. Yes race specific for the first dungeon
4. Doing the quests and doing the dungeons
5. Doesn't matter it only means you have a few extra orc cards in your collection
6. This sounds incorrect as far as i know nothing class specific so far. Some cards are unlocked by using a special mechanic but its very few
7. You can gain more lives with certain talents but once you run out you have to do it all over yes

ShloobeR
03-02-2016, 11:44 PM
1) Does the character that I choose matter at all? Which race, class, or faction are the strongest when fighting monsters?

2) If I win cards in the campaign mode, is it only relevant for that playthrough with that one character, or do those cards also go into my "master" collection for future campaigns or PvP?

3) I beat the first boss (the one guarding the emerald) and I received a pack, but it's human only since I chose a human cleric as my first playthrough. If I were to choose a different race, would I instead be getting a pack specific to that race?

4) What are the best ways to get cards and packs when I'm doing PvE? By fighting dungeons? How many times do I have to do it? Do I have to do it for every combination of race + class + faction just to maximize the amount of cards that I get?

5) I registered for Hex quite a long time ago, and I picked the Orc starter pack. Will this affect the battles I fight in campaign mode (as in, if I were to pick orc, would I be getting more cards)?

6) Are there unlockables? I heard that there were, where beating a certain dungeon using a certain class will unlock another class.

7) The in-game manual said that if I lose 3 card games in a dungeon, I'm out of the dungeon. Does this mean that I have to restart all the battles again for that dungeon?

Thanks.

Hullo there!

1. Here are the things to keep in mind when creating a character.
Faction can determine which content you have access to- at the moment there is one dungeon which is ardent-specific and one dungeon which is underworld-specific. There is not a huge amount of difference between factions at the moment but I assume these differences will become more pronounced in future PvE content

Race mainly determines your passive traits and your shard grid. Your shard grid determines which kinds of cards (Color + rarity) you can play at which level. For example a Shin'Hare will have access to Wild/Blood cards early on but not Ruby/Diamond/Sapphire. As you level up your shard grid expands.

CLASS determines your skill tree and also affects your passives/actives. The skill trees are identical between classes but can have different interactions with your passive leading to some race-class specific options.

2. Cards you gain are attached to your account. Your card collection is account level whereas your champions deck is specific only to that champion. Any cards you win with a single champion will be accessible in other formats/champions. Keep in mind that the vast majority of rewards/loot are PvE specific and not usable in current PvP formats. (you can check for the PvE gold trim on the top left corner of cards to determine if a card is PvE only or not)

3. Yes, the rewards for Crayburn castle are determined by your race.

4. How many times do you have to do it for what? If you want to achieve full playsets of all cards you will probably have to go through the dungeons very many times because some of those rewards are quite chasey. The way loot works in AZ1 though is that you receive a pack for every completion of a dungeon but also receive an additional pack if it's the first time that character has completed that dungeon. You may decide it is more efficient to keep creating new characters to get that extra bonus pack. Generally the highest value cards are found in dungeons at the moment.

5. No the starter pack you chose has no effect on future cards you will receive. The starter pack was just a collection of orc-specific cards you were given.

6. Not at the moment. There are unlockables in the sense that dungeons can have new paths or choices available to you depending on what you do in the dungeon. But as of yet there is no significant class-race specific unlockables.

7. If you lose all your lives for a dungeon than you are kicked out of the dungeon and have to restart it from the beginning yes. Keep in mind that the first node in a dungeon does not take away lives if you lose it. Certain races/classes can achieve additional dungeon lives through their talent tree or passives. (For example, Shin'Hare start with 5 lives by default)

Elwinz
03-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Just to extedend a little
1. Some of them especialy mages wil heavily require good pvp collection. Coyotle celric is one of the easiest for new player with no cards, where its close to impossible to do so on vennen mage.
All of them can do camapign but very is a difernece in power level beetween them, like Necrotic warior donest currently do anything esides gaing saome hp whiel ELF Warrior has super powerfull ramp.
3.Every race has 3 race secafining cards in the first parrt of campaigm. You gain more copees by playing same race multiple time. Many of them are wirth doing so as they are extrmely powerfull.

Fateanomaly
03-03-2016, 12:59 AM
Each dungeon other than the first has 6 dungeon specific cards. 1 legendary, 2 rares and 3 uncommons.

Each run through the campaign nets you 20 AZ1 packs if you did all the quests.

Clawdius
03-03-2016, 12:10 PM
1) Yes, but opinions abound on what is the strongest combo. You may want to read http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43170 King Gabriel's new player guide, it could prove useful to you.
2) asked and answered. I will note that you may want to run another of the same race you start to the point you get all 3 racial card rewards at least once again. Two copies of these cards can be invaluable to certain races and it doesn't take long when you know what you're doing.

3) Yes Castle Crayburn (race) are the packs you receive.

4)New character have a lot of packs they get rather quickly, so once you've gotten level 7 or so unless there's a dungeon where you want to grind for cards another character is a good way to start getting those early packs again. There are even several optional battles where you get cards once per character. That being said, once you can make a deck that can win routinely in the Frost Ring Arena it will get you more gold and you'll be able to buy more packs or cards from other players on the auction house or just trade it for platinum (110g:1p is about the going rate)
5) I registered for Hex quite a long time ago, and I picked the Orc starter pack. Yes, that will prove an advantage if you go Orc. You'll have several uncommons and a few rare cards you would not have otherwise. Orc also gets an awesome racial card called Hunger of the Mountain God that is fierce both in campaign and in the arena. The Orc starter coupled with the PVE cards from campaign can quickly build a fierce deck for the arena.

6)There are unlockables, but nothing so large as another class yet. What you see when you start is what you get. You start with 10 character slots, and the only way to make an eleventh is to delete one of those ten currently.
7) Yes, but it also notes that the first loss in the first encounter doesn't count against you. In the future there will be more options in dungeons, Mercenaries you can substitute for your primary character. Don't ask more about mercenaries. They won't tell us, anything else you hear is speculative.