PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Primal Previews

Shaqattaq
03-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Yes, Primal Dawn is nearly upon us and we’ve released over 20 card previews!. The new keyword Empower allows players to double all stats on a card for a price, and the fourth HEX Shards of Fate set wraps up some of the existing themes from previous sets. You’ll find Necrotic, Vennen, Coyotle, and Elves receive even more support, and the cycle of dual-shard cards receives full support.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-primal-previews/

Showsni
03-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Hm, for a five shard 7 cost I'm a little underwhelmed by just getting a random card next time I play a card... Though, I suppose it's infinite card advantage if you have infinite resources. Fun in PvE, anyway!

Vorsa
03-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Happy Invitational weekend, everyone! :)
Much computing afoot.

Daarmak is a bit of a weakling in my estimation (considering the thresholds), but I could see him being a thrill in draft.
As simple as "draw a card when you play a non-resource card" would have been as a power, that'd surely have been magnitudes better than a random pick from 84% of the cards in the game.
Dragon Avatar is an interesting combo, though - wonder if we'll see other Avatar races with time?

Assuming that Vennen is on the receiving end of an electrocution, I'm wondering if:
1. That is the fabled Electrofry card?
2. The art is hinting this could be a burn spell with a Bane-removal effect on it?

Koz
03-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Eh...not too impressed with the Dragon. Very difficult to play, and when you do, there's little guarantee that he'll produce anything useful. And anyway, how many random cards do you need to win once you have a 7/7 flyer on the board? Also, with the way it's worded, it would appear that it could create a shardless card. Whoo hoo...can't wait to jump through a bunch of hoops to play this legendary card just to have it create a construction plans...

Every other dragon in the game seems both easier to play, and more powerful to boot.

AdamAoE2
03-04-2016, 01:14 PM
All I can think about when I look at the dragon's name is:

"Daarmok and Jilaad at Tanagra".

Turtlewing
03-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Eh...not too impressed with the Dragon. Very difficult to play, and when you do, there's little guarantee that he'll produce anything useful. And anyway, how many random cards do you need to win once you have a 7/7 flyer on the board? Also, with the way it's worded, it would appear that it could create a shardless card. Whoo hoo...can't wait to jump through a bunch of hoops to play this legendary card just to have it create a construction plans...

Every other dragon in the game seems both easier to play, and more powerful to boot.

meh, you'd probably use Midnight Shepherd to bring him into play anyway. You're already running a 5 shard deck. And most of the dragons suffer the same "win more" problem in PvP.

Overall I think he's like a Sliver Queen. Could be the keystone of a very specific type of deck (5-shard toolbox), and largely useless otherwise.

Stuie
03-04-2016, 01:27 PM
All I can think about when I look at the dragon's name is:

"Daarmok and Jilaad at Tanagra".

Ok - so it wasn't just me. :cool:

poizonous
03-04-2016, 06:35 PM
That dragon will never be casted at cost beneficially. That card just needs to be cheated in to play to be a little useful. But I would still consider him well out of the top 10 cards I would want to cheat into play

Brjuntinaar
03-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Well, cards have been changed before between previews and set release right? Here's to hoping that's the case with Master Pterodactyl.

hitchslap88
03-05-2016, 11:13 PM
I think it could have been costed 5, considering you need all five thresholds.

sukebe
03-06-2016, 12:02 AM
I think it could have been costed 5, considering you need all five thresholds.

getting all 5 thresholds is not at all difficult if you build your deck for such things. While I am not saying this card is great, its threshold requirements are not what hold it back.

Krakanous
03-06-2016, 11:07 AM
I think "random" is a little bit underwhelming too, perhaps "random at cost 5 or more" would be better, or 4 or more, I hate to it just to keep spawning contruction plans, 1 cost baby yetis or defenders...I think a certain threshold minimum between 3-5 would suit it better for the non cheating way of bringing it into play. Just my two cents.