PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 3 has only 18 main deck cards...

Matafer
03-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Personally, I'm a little disappointed that there were only 18 cards for the main deck. Feels more like a cross over pack, rather then an expansion. I mean sure, there is the usual Crisis mode cards, impossible villains and playable crisis characters that you get in the expansion, and a few new traitor cards. But I feel ppl buy these things for the main deck cards... maybe I'm alone in this theory lol...

So seeing as the last two sets had 31, is there any reason for the change from 31 to 18? I mean you coulda even printed duplicates of some of the 18? And don't get me wrong, I appreciate the prior releases, and love the deck building games, (I have them all except the Naruto one, which my local gaming store can't get in anymore). I guess I'll just be sure to research thr product more before I ever buy another expansion.

rebelrey7248
03-04-2016, 05:42 PM
The reasoning behind the smaller amount of main deck cards was discussed in the blog on the main page. Check there and see.

Personally, I buy crisis packs for the crises, oversized cards and new villains to beat. The main deck cards are more of a bonus on top of all those cool, new toys to play with.

LexLuthorJr
03-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Doesn't bother me either. I can understand why some players would prefer a shorter game, but my playgroup hasn't had a problem with the game length. When using the Crisis 3 cards, we'll probably just put in another dozen or so to balance it out and have the same number of Crisis and Impossible Mode Super Villains as before.

At any rate, there is only a reduction of 13 cards, which is forgivable as this Crisis is a little more unique to the other two.

BenJazz
03-05-2016, 12:41 AM
If it had just been the 18 main deck cards, I would have been disappointed. With the inclusion of the Secret Objectives though I am super satisfied with the shift. The "Competitive" Crisis mode is crazy and challenging for a whole different set of reasons that really makes it feel like an Crossover pack was included WITH the Crisis set. I gotta give it up to Crypto for trying something new as I was hesitant initially waiting to see how they were going to change it up for the 3rd Crisis set and boy did they deliver. To each their own though.

maverickroses
06-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Please could sameone help me, I got Crisis Exspansion 3 and didn't get the right number of impossible super-villains according to the booklet. Atomica, Blight, Crisis Mazahs, Deathstorm, Felix Faust, Grid, Juhny Quick, Nick Necro, Owlman, Power Ring, Sea King, SWuperwoman,The OutsiderUltraman. Here there is only 14 not 15. If there is a problem how do I fix it.

midnight_rider
06-19-2016, 11:52 AM
15 was a typo. You have all 14 cards.

As for the thread topic, since there are only 18 main deck cards, I make an exception and permanently leave them in my Forever Evil deck. Normally I cycle in and out the crisis and crossover packs.

maverickroses
06-19-2016, 10:33 PM
I would go with the typo theory but all the earlier crisis releases had the impossible villain and the crisis only villain spread the same way and they where correct. I don't know what is happening. Thanks for the help.

Matt_Hyra
06-20-2016, 06:13 AM
Typo. Sorry for the confusion.

maverickroses
06-20-2016, 04:33 PM
So is there only 14 super villain cards in this pack, not like the first two + 1 crisis villain.