PDA

View Full Version : Generic Equipment (please?)

Xavon
03-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Depending on the cards a player picks for her deck (or has the option to pick), she can potential end up with equipment slots with no options (no cards in her deck have an equip in a certain slot).

Therefore, I suggest the implementation of generic equipment, items that have effects not tied to a card. Like:

Plain Steel Breastplate
Chest - Rare
+2 starting Health

Duskwing Hide Gloves
Hands - Rare
At the start of the game, gain one charge.

Diamond Tiara
Head - Legendary
At the start of the game, gain :diamond:.

Thrice Bloodied Knife
Weapon - Rare
At the start of the game, a random :blood: card in your deck gets cost -1.

And so on. Minor effects, but still useful.

Aradon
03-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I had considered this idea before, and discarded it because I didn't like not tying equipment to cards in all cases, but your argument regarding unfilled spots is a very good point. I'd like them all to be rather minor, because personally I'd prefer a card's equipment to be preferable in the vast majority of cases, but I like the idea of at least getting something when you're not able to use a slot.

Yoss
03-04-2016, 09:02 PM
They could make it much simpler even. Just say that every unfilled spot gives +X starting HP and be done with it.

Gwaer
03-05-2016, 02:26 AM
That's way less cool. I like the OP's idea.

Deathlock
03-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Another way: make sets of equipment. Whenever you are in a full set, you get an effect (thresholds, HP, etc etc), anyway I like the OP's idea too.

Xavon
03-05-2016, 09:25 AM
They could make it much simpler even. Just say that every unfilled spot gives +X starting HP and be done with it.

I see multiple problems with that.
1) There is less customization. Instead of having the say 2 extra items per slot (with more added later), you are still locked into the HP bonus.
2) Highly related to 1 (and echoing Gwaer), it's kinda boring
3) Right now all we have is Endbringer, but in the future it might be conceivable to build a deck that has multiple cards that power up has the player's health decreases; those deck would not benefit from having a forced health boost.
4) The mentor battle and Crayburn Castle would be different because everyone would have more HP for those battles.
5) It sounds like it would be more of a hassle to program. The bonus would have to go away if you equip an item, or if you are in PvP (unless you are in a Wild West PvP event, once those exist), or potentially if you are in the tutorial zone.