PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get good, yet expensive cards?

BreadMold
03-04-2016, 09:58 PM
There are two cards that I really want in my deck, which currently I have zero of: Cerulean mirror knight, and Angel of dawn.

The problem is that the auction house sells them at a very pricey value.

Is the only way to get them is through the auction house and pay 400-500 platinums, or can I farm them or get them elsewhere for cheaper price?

Thanks.

wolzarg
03-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Technically you can get them from set 1 packs but the odds of that is kinda low so honestly if you only want those specific cards the best deal is the AH

Miwa
03-04-2016, 11:19 PM
They are rare and legendary PvP cards, you will have to buy or trade for them. They can't be farmed.

Gregangel
03-05-2016, 12:30 AM
But if i were you, i would not buy set 1 and 2 until Hexe clarify their rules about set rotation for pvp. Unless you want these cards only for pve
Until then, i would focus on good set 3 ans soon set 4 cards

RCDv57
03-05-2016, 08:15 AM
People are selling CMKs and AODs for only 400~500 Plat?

Salverus
03-05-2016, 08:20 AM
cmk can even be bought for 300 if you are patient, but AoD is 2k plat minimum.
if you want to get them without spending money, you ll need to do a lot of buying and reselling on the AH. Its eventually possible, but in my opinion it is always way better to buy e.g. 20 cards of 100 p than 1 super good one of 2k p. Since you can build much more decks and have more fun with the first. And since you ask this question, i can only assume you are very far away from a full playset.

BreadMold
03-05-2016, 08:38 AM
My bad, AoD costs 2000 plat at the moment. Sorry.

sukebe
03-05-2016, 02:06 PM
The best way to get plat is to farm campaign enough to get a good Arena farming deck then farm arena for gold. You can sell that gold to players in the trade chat for plat. if no one is buying you can also use that gold to buy packs from the AH then put them back on AH for plat, though this is not as efficient as selling gold directly to players it tends to never fail to work fairly quickly.

Kamino72
03-06-2016, 02:24 AM
No free lunch, grind or pay my friend. :-)

Gregangel
03-06-2016, 08:45 AM
The best way to get plat is to farm campaign enough to get a good Arena farming deck then farm arena for gold. You can sell that gold to players in the trade chat for plat. if no one is buying you can also use that gold to buy packs from the AH then put them back on AH for plat, though this is not as efficient as selling gold directly to players it tends to never fail to work fairly quickly.

Right now, dongeon is best for farming gold

BenRGamer
03-06-2016, 10:19 AM
But if i were you, i would not buy set 1 and 2 until Hexe clarify their rules about set rotation for pvp. Unless you want these cards only for pve
Until then, i would focus on good set 3 ans soon set 4 cards

Eh? They've specifically said Sets 1 and 2 will rotate out when 5 comes in.

How is that not already clarified?

morbidity
03-06-2016, 10:23 AM

Really? Did I miss something?

BenRGamer
03-06-2016, 10:27 AM
From what I recall, they'll have two blocks active at a time. Since these are the first sets, they're only two sets a block now, but they'll move up to three when they start the next one with Set 5.

I don't imagine this will affect casual PvP, that may be the clarification Greg was talking about, but you won't be able to use those cards in tournaments. Eventually I suspect there'll be different formats where Sets 1 and 2 will be available, though--again, may be what clarification Greg was looking for.

Elwinz
03-06-2016, 10:35 AM
2 blocks at a time , but 2 3sets blocks, rotate wont happen til set 7

ossuary
03-06-2016, 11:26 AM

How is that not already clarified?

This has NOT been confirmed by CZE. That is the expectation, but the final decision has not been made (or at least not been made publicly available). One of the things they have said is that final rotation schedule, at least initially, is going to depend on having a large enough player base to justify splitting the user base between the two tournament types (legacy and standard).

Please do not spread disinformation.