PDA

View Full Version : Hex Invitational Draft

bogycoins
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Hi

I know we all wanted to see the Invitational Draft from all players perspective, but it was probably too complicated or some other reason, and we got what we got. But the HEX team is really awesome and they've exported the drafts from each competitor thru the API.

Using those exports and some components from TCGbrowser I put together this page
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/invitationaldraft/.

You'll be able to see how the players were sitting at the draft table, the packs they got, what picks they made and you can also follow the boosters as they go around the table.

I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

Elwinz
03-08-2016, 09:06 AM
thats amazing

hammer
03-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Sweet - nice job and props to HexEnt for making available the picks.

funktion
03-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Really looking forward to taking a look at this. Not sure if that was you at the arena upstairs working on making this available but if it was then I'm sorry I didn't come say hi but you looked pretty busy and I was busy nervously pacing around : P

Awesome job and thanks a ton for putting this together. Many of us were talking about what a shame it would have been if this didn't happen. (side thanks to Chark as well for getting that thumb drive)

Saeijou
03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
awesome, thanks!

Crota
03-08-2016, 09:33 AM
This is awesome and thanks for putting in the time and effort for this. Mind if I use this in a video?

Crota

Zubrin
03-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Really looking forward to taking a look at this. Not sure if that was you at the arena upstairs working on making this available but if it was then I'm sorry I didn't come say hi but you looked pretty busy and I was busy nervously pacing around : P

Awesome job and thanks a ton for putting this together. Many of us were talking about what a shame it would have been if this didn't happen. (side thanks to Chark as well for getting that thumb drive)

That was Dylan Northrup (DocX) working on parsing the data for us. Bogycoins was not that person. Regardless, good to see the data visualized!

Wurtil has been analyzing the data since we got it Sunday and we are working on a long, detailed analysis of it. It might be a multipart series (he has a brief overview of the draft already posted, but wanted to dig deep on this lush data forest).

bogycoins
03-08-2016, 10:36 AM
@funktion
That guy wasn't me for sure. I would have loved to be there, but sadly I live a bit too far :)

@Crota
Yeah, no problem.

frexerik
03-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Holy shit this is amazing! nice work

nicosharp
03-08-2016, 03:56 PM
bogy, you are awesome!

funktion
03-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Ah gotcha, makes much more sense now

NOBLERoostasaur
03-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Awesome, really well done.

Gwaer
03-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Fantastic job everyone! This is exactly what the doctor ordered! Thanks HXE for the logs and Docx for smoothing over those final wrinkles.

bogycoins
03-09-2016, 03:12 AM
I did a small update on the page. You can now click on a player's name and a list with picked cards will be displayed. This way you can follow more easily what cards each player picked during the draft.

strawwmann
03-09-2016, 06:29 AM
Great job! Have a donut!

dbug
03-09-2016, 08:19 AM
That is really nice! I hope something like this gets used in future tournaments live!

@bogycoins Can i use this draft data for my own site? Is it somewhere easy to aquire? (if allowed i could just search in your site for it)

bogycoins
03-09-2016, 08:35 AM
@dbug Check your PM.

Halsey
03-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Jut want to say, this is awesome to have, thanks to everyone that helped make it happen.

dylannorthrup
03-09-2016, 09:35 AM

Yeah, that was me. Any time you want to interrupt me, Funktion, you're welcome. I wanted to say hi and thanks for the streams you do, but never found a good time when it didn't seem like you were busy as well ;-)

And bogycoins, I love the visualization! I expect to spend quite a bit of time looking through this along with wurtil's Five Shards articles.

Warrender
03-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Hi

I know we all wanted to see the Invitational Draft from all players perspective, but it was probably too complicated or some other reason, and we got what we got. But the HEX team is really awesome and they've exported the drafts from each competitor thru the API.

Using those exports and some components from TCGbrowser I put together this page
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/invitationaldraft/.

You'll be able to see how the players were sitting at the draft table, the packs they got, what picks they made and you can also follow the boosters as they go around the table.

I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

bogy, have I told you recently how awesome you are?

Because you really are.

bogycoins
03-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Not recently no :cool:

Thank you all for the nice words! It really motivates me to keep improving and add new cool stuff on the site.

dbug
03-15-2016, 06:03 AM
I've added the 100k data also to my site http://shareyourdraft.com/#/100k

It's more a byproduct of letting you record the drafts on the site and replay them later. So it's just from the perspective of one player at a time.