PDA

View Full Version : New game ad on youtube

Yoss
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOsy76mdRE

Much improved over previous efforts, I must say. Too bad the piranha cards show "error" instead of their card art, but other than that good stuff.

GobBluth
03-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Gameforge set the bar so low with their previous attempts at advertisements that the Piranha mistake doesn't seem so bad. But seriously, why does no one edit/review these things?

Jugg
03-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Gameforge set the bar so low with their previous attempts at advertisements that the Piranha mistake doesn't seem so bad. But seriously, why does no one edit/review these things?

'cos cory doesn't care anymore

wolzarg
03-08-2016, 08:37 PM
'cos cory doesn't care anymore
You shut your filthy liar mouth before i take you out back and crackling bolt you!

Crota
03-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Ever see the original teaser video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNvYUZBgIyI

Jugg
03-08-2016, 08:52 PM
You shut your filthy liar mouth before i take you out back and crackling bolt you!

Haha... Sorry if that came across inflammatory... but truly is the impression given since returning from my hiatus. We used to see his passion constantly. We used to have all these insights into what was happening and why. Now we have silence on pretty much every key topic the community brings up.

Mejis
03-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Haha... Sorry if that came across inflammatory... but truly is the impression given since returning from my hiatus. We used to see his passion constantly. We used to have all these insights into what was happening and why. Now we have silence on pretty much every key topic the community brings up.

Really? He wrote a massive article upon the release of PvE at the end of Jan and was there at the 100K at the weekend and gave a great interview with Alucard.
I'm pretty sure he reads everything on these forums (hi Cory) but just doesn't want to be in a position to make promises and hype people these days until he's certain a deadline can be met.

edit: and on the OP/youtube vid, it's really a great trailer save for the Piranha slip. At least there's so many that they are small blank "errors".

NOBLERoostasaur
03-08-2016, 09:36 PM
That was a damn fine ad.

Skirovik
03-08-2016, 11:35 PM
That was pretty cool. I enjoyed it. :D

hammer
03-09-2016, 12:32 AM
What ?? no money no beach no ladies :confused:

Salverus
03-09-2016, 12:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xFv75hD.jpg
were these already spoiled? they are in the trailer

Elwinz
03-09-2016, 12:36 AM
some of them were.What this add tells me if i was new guy? almost nothing ;p I stil dont like it

eimerian
03-09-2016, 12:54 AM
Much improved over previous efforts, I must say. Too bad the piranha cards show "error" instead of their card art, but other than that good stuff.

Also, where is the pile of money and the beach girl?

wolzarg
03-09-2016, 02:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xFv75hD.jpg
were these already spoiled? they are in the trailer
Yes but only one of them with art thanks for the crisp image.

Valnir
03-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Nice vid.
I just cant get enough of HEX

Elwinz
03-09-2016, 02:56 AM
Mehh zopie does better adverts than thme, and error in game trailer? are you serious? Are they tring to kil the game or what?

I dont do memes but i am tempted to do : u had one job meme with this advert

Crota
03-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh Zakir's Frenzy won me SO many games on Saturday and Sunday. So good.

Metronomy
03-09-2016, 07:35 AM
compared to the previous effort its much better...but honestly...this piranha error image is probably the most unforced error ive seen in a long long time...so if you compare it to the horrible videos done in the past its good...if you are more objectively you wonder how such a mistake can ever happen

RoyHarper
03-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Very cool ad. I think there were some new cards spoiled in the gameplay involving the D/W Coyotle deck, but it was too difficult to make out the text.

fido_one
03-09-2016, 08:07 AM
I doubt Cory is going into the office, playing solitaire, and saying to himself 'man, wish I was doing some other project.' Be concerned if his public persona hasn't changed since the KS days as its more indicative of being stagnant as opposed to him slightly shifting focus as the game grows.

This was shown during the inbitational, I swore the piranhas didn't have 'error' on them, but am probably mistaken.

The ad in general is really good though, captures the right spirit of the game.

dbug
03-09-2016, 08:23 AM
and error in game trailer? are you serious? Are they tring to kil the game or what?
t

Atleast they are honest about the game ;)

Quantius
03-09-2016, 08:38 AM
A bit too much nudity imo, but hey, sex sells amirite?