PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet idea

Alamand
03-10-2016, 10:43 PM
So I was thinking about what would happen to in progress gauntlet runs when we get a new set. Which led me to think how fun it would be if we could keep that run going and just face people with either set 3 sealed pools or set 3/4 pools. Which got me further thinking, why not let players bring whatever set they want into sealed gauntlet?

I think one of the biggest flaws of hex right now is it's hard for new players to get older cards without getting ripped off because the playerbase isn't big enough to support multiple draft queues.

And ideally, if the sets haven't been power-crept, there shouldn't be any huge imbalances when playing them against each other.

So, in summation, I think it would be a great idea if we could bring any in print set into gauntlet and get our rewards based on what we brought. So when set 4 hits our options would be set 1, set 1/2, set 3, or set 3/4, each with their respective champion pool.

LeMazing
03-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I'd actually enjoy this. It might get me buying older packs in the store just to run those sets again.

Continuing your run once a new set is released is already a thing, by the way: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43641&p=497478&viewfull=1#post497478