PDA

View Full Version : New Judge?

PsychoStomp
01-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Okay I haven't taken the test thing to become a Champion of the Black Flame, but I have taken the Level 1 Rules Knowledge Test. Does this mean that I'm a level 1 Judge?

demonfae
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Did you pass the test? :-P

If so, then congratulations sir.

PsychoStomp
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah I passed the test easily..So I take that as I'm a level one Judge then?

demonfae
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Yep :)

tencharacterminium

cervidal
01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I think what he is getting at is what proof is there now that he is a level 1 judge?

I passed the test, as well, but I wouldn't expect to be called to judge unless I was able to provide proof of this.

PsychoStomp
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
That is a problem as well. I mean I have my card so does that mean that my CZE ID will now have me shown as a judge ID or what?

Patrigan
01-24-2011, 12:09 AM
That is a problem as well. I mean I have my card so does that mean that my CZE ID will now have me shown as a judge ID or what?

Why is it so important to "prove" you're a judge? I earned myself the right to be called a judge by simply judging a lot. My proof was not in a card or some website. It was in the knowledge. I can show what I know by judging. I try to portray myself as a professional individual with knowledge in his field of expertise. That is far more important than some "proof".

In fact, I believe that having "proof" you passed some test does not automatically make you a judge. It is experience, judging often, knowing the rules and policies and behaving professionally. That is what makes you a judge!

But I think this is an intriguing subject, it leans towards self-confidence a lot. Perhaps someone should write articles on the front page regarding details like this.

PsychoStomp
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
This may be true and I entirely see your point of view. I ask not out of needing it myself but by the simple fact that despite my experience at the rules of this game which have been proven, I have been asked on several occasions to show proof that I was indeed a judge. This deals not in self confidence as I know quite well that I know the rules or enough to judge adequately certainly.

Zalmek
01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
This may be true and I entirely see your point of view. I ask not out of needing it myself but by the simple fact that despite my experience at the rules of this game which have been proven, I have been asked on several occasions to show proof that I was indeed a judge. This deals not in self confidence as I know quite well that I know the rules or enough to judge adequately certainly.

This "proof" can be found in the test center. Just show them you passes the level 1 test. As for Patrigan, I completely agree with you. :)

Patrigan
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM

Don't worry too much about it. Reading it again made me realize I was a slight tad too harsh in my choice of words. I actually assumed it would be something like this.

babisoft
08-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Just reading through some posts and wanted to see how a reply would look if I wrote it...
and as I suspected it does not say anything about being a judge. I passed the level one test and the people I judge for don't need proof but the other judge in my area said that something in my tcg account would allow me to update tournament scores, and it is not there... so its been a few weeks now, still waiting....

Masuabie
08-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Just reading through some posts and wanted to see how a reply would look if I wrote it...
and as I suspected it does not say anything about being a judge. I passed the level one test and the people I judge for don't need proof but the other judge in my area said that something in my tcg account would allow me to update tournament scores, and it is not there... so its been a few weeks now, still waiting....

Tournament score updates are for the TO to do, not a lvl 1 judge.

Stupnick
08-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Why is it so important to "prove" you're a judge? I earned myself the right to be called a judge by simply judging a lot. My proof was not in a card or some website. It was in the knowledge. I can show what I know by judging. I try to portray myself as a professional individual with knowledge in his field of expertise. That is far more important than some "proof".

In fact, I believe that having "proof" you passed some test does not automatically make you a judge. It is experience, judging often, knowing the rules and policies and behaving professionally. That is what makes you a judge!

But I think this is an intriguing subject, it leans towards self-confidence a lot. Perhaps someone should write articles on the front page regarding details like this.

MyWoWTCG would host any articles on the subject you wish to write..

babisoft
08-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah, we have a small group and so I would be both TO and judge.

BlueRider
08-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Go to www.wowtcg.com/to and there will be a short test to take there. Once you've passed it, you go to the same address and you can create tournaments and upload the results once you've finished them.