PDA

View Full Version : GB2 Expansion April!

MattMurdock
03-11-2016, 11:52 AM
For those who missed it http://cryptozoic.com/articles/sony-and-cryptozoic-team-second-ghostbusters-board-game

So many questions!!!

1) Are we talking early, mid or late April? (Counts pay cycles on calendar) :P

2) Sounds like heaps of new features - will this be a stand alone game? Will it be compatible with GBTBG? If so how much?

3) Can I put in an idea for stretch goal? A docks tile set - with some parts being waterfront wharves that can be combined in different ways, with the other halves being piers and warehouses, and some Titanic passengers and other water spirit ghosts to go with them :)

sara.miguel
03-11-2016, 12:10 PM
For those who missed it http://cryptozoic.com/articles/sony-and-cryptozoic-team-second-ghostbusters-board-game

So many questions!!!

1) Are we talking early, mid or late April? (Counts pay cycles on calendar) :P

2) Sounds like heaps of new features - will this be a stand alone game? Will it be compatible with GBTBG? If so how much?

3) Can I put in an idea for stretch goal? A docks tile set - with some parts being waterfront wharves that can be combined in different ways, with the other halves being piers and warehouses, and some Titanic passengers and other water spirit ghosts to go with them :)

1) Not answering yet
2) Both
3) Maybe, we'll have to wait and see what we have planned ;)

Werechicken
03-11-2016, 12:20 PM
You knoooooooooooow, we have a thread for this already........

MattMurdock
03-11-2016, 12:26 PM
You knoooooooooooow, we have a thread for this already........

No, we had a speculation thread that was 10 pages long, but now it is confirmed the questions might be completely different.

I really hope the slimeblower mechanic brings something unique to the game in terms of gameplay - a support focused weapon (reducing ghosts movement or protecting players from negative effects, rather that busting ghosts) would be really interesting :D

Werechicken
03-11-2016, 12:28 PM
It's still speculation.

BradBosshart
03-11-2016, 05:00 PM
I see your speculation and raise it to Wild Speculation!!!

Meankeb
03-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Excellente! Can't wait for more info!

Crazy1van
03-12-2016, 06:14 AM
The one thing I'd REALLY like to see in such a game would be scenarios that don't center around Gates. Closing Gates makes for easy-to-define goals in games like this one, but having every scenario involve closing gates makes the game look a little bit like Arkham Horror (not necessarily a bad thing) and in both cases it feels to me like the emphasis on Gates takes away from the many, many story possibilities that should have nothing to do with Gates.

And let's not forget that the door swings both ways; if we are dealing with Gates, how about the possibility to enter one now and then? Several stories in the cartoons, game, and comics involve entering a ghost world of one kind or another.

MattMurdock
03-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I agree it would be nice to see a mix of different mechanics in the games, Are you allowed to make any comment on that Sara? :)

Werechicken
03-13-2016, 10:22 AM
The one thing I'd REALLY like to see in such a game would be scenarios that don't center around Gates. .

This....

Meankeb
03-13-2016, 11:20 AM
There are plenty of scenarios that involve the the ghosts spawning out of bosses or the Ghostbusters themselves, so this should be an easy design win.

sara.miguel
03-14-2016, 01:25 PM
I agree it would be nice to see a mix of different mechanics in the games, Are you allowed to make any comment on that Sara? :)

Not yet :)

prawdeeps
03-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Such a tease...:)

ItchyAaron
03-15-2016, 04:14 AM
This announcement made my weekend!