PDA

View Full Version : A card is "discarded" once played?

czs716
03-18-2016, 10:33 PM
Are cards considered "discarded" once played? Or are they considered discarded once your turn is over? So if I have four kicks in my hand totaling 8 power and play them, then my fifth card allows me to put a card from my discard pile into my hand, can I get one of those kicks back to then have 10 power?

I'm guessing it's "in hand", "in play", and then "discarded", so I couldn't do that, but just wanted to make sure.

Matt_Hyra
03-19-2016, 01:12 AM
Cards you play are not sent to your discard pile until the end of your turn. So you would not be able to return a Kick you just played back like that.

SushiSquid
03-19-2016, 11:06 AM
You should probably phrase it as "cards played during your turn go into your discard pile at the end of your turn." That way you're not actually saying they get discarded, because they do not count as discarding for the purposes of anything in the game that checks for it, such as some oversized superheroes/villains. Not using the same terminology will help clear up confusion. So they go into your discard pile, but they are not discarded.

Matt_Hyra
03-19-2016, 11:18 AM
You should probably phrase it as "cards played during your turn go into your discard pile at the end of your turn." That way you're not actually saying they get discarded, because they do not count as discarding for the purposes of anything in the game that checks for it, such as some oversized superheroes/villains. Not using the same terminology will help clear up confusion. So they go into your discard pile, but they are not discarded.

I typically use the terms that the posters use to make my answers more user-friendly, but OK. Edited the above.