PDA

View Full Version : Reversion Reveals?! [Spoiler]

NOBLEReverter
03-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Starshield told me that you all would be interested in this handy way to revert a card back into your hand =]

http://i.imgur.com/zwR5ZB1.jpg

Xenavire
03-19-2016, 06:29 PM
This is a nice card. Could be better than ripple at times.

poizonous
03-19-2016, 07:29 PM
This card is a good example of why i don't like the idea of 3 chapter rotations, there will be an abundance of this type card making control very scary

Stuie
03-19-2016, 08:21 PM
Soul Marble got you down? Are your troops bogged down in Incubation Webs? Can't block that Gigantasaur onto which Deathmask Assailant just shifted its power? Well we've got a cure to all your woes... it's the new Time Flux! Yes, you can use it in draft to whisk bothersome attackers back into your opponent's hand. Or make your opponent lose their marbles in constructed. Even cure that pesky web that's been holding down your favorite attacker. All this for the low, low cost of three resources*. Get yours today!

*cost does not include Sapphire threshold which is also required. Offer not valid when interrupted by opponents counter spells.

bootlace
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
This card is a good example of why i don't like the idea of 3 chapter rotations, there will be an abundance of this type card making control very scary

MTG and HS also have 6 sets in their standard format, I think it's a pretty solid number of cards. I would say the strength of the cards in question and their contribution to a specific deck (and it's utility against the standard meta) is more telling of how scary it is than just multiple copies of a specific card type. For example there might be an abundance of bounce spells, but there is also an abundance of Spellshield cards which players can make use of (as Koma did to win the Invitational) - if certain decks get more tools I'm sure there is a balancing reason around it.

Having said that this card does deal with things like Soul Marble, Martyr, Reese, Monsuun, Mirror Knight, Azurefate Sorceress and other staples in a different way than Time Ripple did so it is quite a good card I would say.

Flairina
03-19-2016, 11:32 PM
It doesn't deal with Azurefate. Azurefate is socketed, sockets don't revert. Unless you meant to bring it back to YOUR hand, which would save it from removal I suppose. Mirror Knight is a bit of a blanket card meant to inspire lots of little things so I don't see this helping for that either. Not that it's really seen much these days anyways, mind.

bootlace
03-19-2016, 11:44 PM
It doesn't deal with Azurefate. Azurefate is socketed, sockets don't revert. Unless you meant to bring it back to YOUR hand, which would save it from removal I suppose. Mirror Knight is a bit of a blanket card meant to inspire lots of little things so I don't see this helping for that either. Not that it's really seen much these days anyways, mind.

I'm talking about bouncing troops that get Inspired by Azurefate.

Chadatog
03-20-2016, 12:46 AM
I'm talking about bouncing troops that get Inspired by Azurefate.

So they can just replay the card and trigger the comes into play effect again?

poizonous
03-20-2016, 12:51 AM
6 sets in mtg is not going to be the same as 6 sets here 3 blocks is entirely different than 2 blocks. Blocks are designed with a specific amount of cards for each archetype. 3 blocks of 2 is very different than 2 blocks of 3

Flairina
03-20-2016, 01:01 AM

Exactly. Unless you get rid of Azurefate, they just apply the effect again by replaying it, assuming it's not using the spellshield gem and you can hit them with this at all. In which case all you've done is bounced a troop, which isn't something that deals with Azurefate.

bootlace
03-20-2016, 01:09 AM

Maybe you're in a top deck war and your opponent has a "draw card when deal damage" Inspired troop in play only and you draw Time Flux (it becomes much better in this case than a straightforward Time Tipple). Although the +1 cost of Time Ripple is probably still better against Inspire troops in general. But many will appreciate the increased flexibility in dealing with other constructed staples that I mentioned, I guess it all depends on what the meta looks like in Set 4.

6 sets in mtg is not going to be the same as 6 sets here 3 blocks is entirely different than 2 blocks. Blocks are designed with a specific amount of cards for each archetype. 3 blocks of 2 is very different than 2 blocks of 3

MTG has also moved (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/metamorphosis-redux-2015-08-24) to 2 sets per block.