PDA

View Full Version : When shall we feast ?

hammer
03-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Spring / Easter is almost here so when will we have the feast of abundance 2016 holiday and what will the promo AA card be this year. I hope its a vennen this year maybe a play on spider/Easter eggs :)

Related - will we ever be able to get the night of the bells equipment?

magic_gazz
03-20-2016, 01:40 PM
Hopefully it will not be at the same time as the release events.

Have they said that we will get these events every year? Maybe these things only happen every other year or something as they don't have to work on an Earth calendar.

Khazrakh
03-20-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure they said anything about it anywhere yet but I don't see them not doing those events every year.
It's one of those instances where everybody wins:
Players get some extra value out of playing PVE/PVP increasing HXEs revenue in return and all they have to do to make those holiday events happen is come up with one single PVE card and art for one more AA card.

Vorsa
03-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I don't think they adhere to a strict calendar, same as there wasn't an Ardor Day in 2015.

My guess is there is no need for such an event this year, as set 4 is due "early" April - set launch is 99.9% likely to be accompanied by a new AA common & perhaps a sleeve too.

Though, as Khazrakh says, it is pretty much printing money so long as making an AA & sleeve for an existing card is cost-effective...

It would be 100% win to make a cartoony cutesy version of a Vennen card - Spiderling Eggs being the new Battle Hoppers, when it comes to abundence. :D

Reeplay
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
In the last 2 Turns ahead Cory interview cory said he eventually wants an event of some kind every 2 months so 6 in total.
So far we have Ardor day (Well as of this year) In Feb, Feast of abundance in April (based off last year), Gencon (I forget the name in client) in August, Haunted harvest in October and night of bells in December so we have 1 more event left most likely for June. But feast will happen this year. Probably just after the launch event of the set 4. It's pretty clear by now that hex don't like to announce dates more than a week or 2 in advance

sukebe
03-20-2016, 06:56 PM
In the last 2 Turns ahead Cory interview cory said he eventually wants an event of some kind every 2 months so 6 in total.
So far we have Ardor day (Well as of this year) In Feb, Feast of abundance in April (based off last year), Gencon (I forget the name in client) in August, Haunted harvest in October and night of bells in December so we have 1 more event left most likely for June. But feast will happen this year. Probably just after the launch event of the set 4. It's pretty clear by now that hex don't like to announce dates more than a week or 2 in advance

didn't he say he wanted something happening every 1 to 2 weeks? obviously not happening any time soon but I look forward to keeping busy :-)

ossuary
03-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Don't worry, they'll be announcing an announcement about when the release date announcement for this event will be announced very soon. :)

deadjackpit
03-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Don't worry, they'll be announcing an announcement about when the release date announcement for this event will be announced very soon. :)

Was that a annoncement of a "announcing an announcement about when the release date announcement for this event will be announced very soon"?

Saeijou
03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
didn't he say he wanted something happening every 1 to 2 weeks? obviously not happening any time soon but I look forward to keeping busy :-)

yes, that was in the 2TA podcast. he talks about PvE and PvP together.
so such events + tourneys (IQ + fivshards + whatever comes) + maybe dungeon events...

so many possebilities :)

but not AA-events every 2 weeks... that would be too much ^^

Fred
03-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Do we know for sure that a year on Entrath lasts for exactly as long as a year on Earth?

Khazrakh
03-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Do we know for sure that a year on Entrath lasts for exactly as long as a year on Earth?

We already had a Night of the Bells twice so I'd think so, yes.

katkillad
03-21-2016, 10:37 AM
I personally hope if we get a Feast event it's not until set 4.

plaguedealer
03-21-2016, 11:42 AM
I would be fine with a quicker set 4 release event rather then a feast event. However, feast probably wouldnt delay set 4. Personally, I would rather draft 4-4-3 then be given more reasons to draft 3-3-3.

superdax
03-21-2016, 05:36 PM
I would be fine with a quicker set 4 release event rather then a feast event. However, feast probably wouldnt delay set 4. Personally, I would rather draft 4-4-3 then be given more reasons to draft 3-3-3.

Or maybe a reason to draft 1-1-1 or 2-2-1 :) :) :)

plaguedealer
03-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Or maybe a reason to draft 1-1-1 or 2-2-1 :) :) :)

I would be down with that :)

Khazrakh
03-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Well looks like there won't be a holiday event this time around :(

incitfulmonk21
03-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Well looks like there won't be a holiday event this time around :(

Yeah a little saddened by that :(. Maybe it was HXE in-laws turn to have them over for Easter? I mean Feast.