PDA

View Full Version : A request on daily draft ticket redemptions

fido_one
03-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Right,

Let me preface this by praising Hex's stance on refunds if something goes south in a draft by giving a refund ticket. I love the support, and I many times overlook a good refund and support system that doesn't leave a bad taste in one's mouth even after a few hours of play goes south due to some sort of issue.

All good!

Except for any refund tickets for daily or constructed refund tickets one may have. They are completely useless these days with gauntlets. I've had them sitting in my chest for months and never had a chance to use them and I can't see it happening anytime soon. It stinks to see them sitting there because they still represent a time sink that I'll never get back.

When VIP started and HexEnt was still feeling around in that area they stated that if VIP stopped firing they would exchange VIP tickets with something else. I feel we are like that way with daily constructed and sealed tickets. I don't think we need ticket exchange with any other type of ticket, but I do feel it is time for a week or two designated out of the year where we can ask for an exchange of these tickets for a gauntlet ticket (or allow them to be used in VIP). I know Hex is probably boiling up incentives to have the daily's fire more often, but it's been a really long time since they fired with any sort of regularity and after many months of watching them collect dust, so a one time option for exchange would do some good in my opinion.

ossuary
03-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Those queues fired ALL the time when the IQ first started up. Be patient... they will start firing again soon enough. :)

fido_one
03-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Those queues fired ALL the time when the IQ first started up. Be patient... they will start firing again soon enough. :)

Ah, I wasn't around much during the IQ and didn't have time to spend, so that's good to note. Still, beyond the IQ, they've mostly stopped firing during promos, and while HexEnt wants to do more IQs, I don't know if I can wait 6 to 12 months (or whenever) without thinking that it wouldn't be hard to tell support 'for one week, if a user asking for daily constructed or sealed tickets to be swapped with gauntlet let them do so'. If they start firing the week after, I would have no room to complain. Not that I have any room to complain to begin with.

Reeplay
03-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Just a note Gauntlets and the scheduled fill a different market. Gauntlets are a fast way to get games in while scheduled are the best value for what you put in. the formats are the same but the reasons for playing them are completely different
The issue is that most people value playing over prize value once they have a good foothold in the current limited rotation so as we go longer without any new reason for scheduled to fire they start to fire less often.
Set 4 will bring players back to looking for value on investment so we'll see the scheduled tournaments firing again for quite sometime similar to when the IQ's started.

magic_gazz
03-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Cant you use the daily ones to enter gauntlet? I may be mistaken though.

Its not like these tickets expire, so don't worry too much as you will get to use them.

ShadowRealm
03-21-2016, 02:28 AM
No magic_gazz, you can use regular tickets for the Gauntlets (like "Constructed Queue Ticket") but not the "Daily" ones.

Showsni
03-21-2016, 06:04 AM
I'd be saving them (well, the limited ones) for set four anyway; events are bound to fire then, and you get new cards!

fido_one
03-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the responses! Didn't think I'd be so much in the minority, but ya'll have convinced me to change my stance on the matter.

Fred
03-21-2016, 10:01 AM
When VIP started and HexEnt was still feeling around in that area they stated that if VIP stopped firing they would exchange VIP tickets with something else. I feel we are like that way with daily constructed and sealed tickets.

True, but they also said that exactly zero VIP tournament would need to fire in a given month for them to start considering buying back unused VIP tickets. By that standard, it would need to be several days, if not weeks, without a single daily tournament firing before HXE should consider refunds.

fido_one
03-21-2016, 10:23 AM
True, but they also said that exactly zero VIP tournament would need to fire in a given month for them to start considering buying back unused VIP tickets. By that standard, it would need to be several days, if not weeks, without a single daily tournament firing before HXE should consider refunds.

Well the comments has helped turn me around on the matter, but regarding your comment, they were also talking about a select number of opportunities to fire a month. I'd say that the present state of dailies are at the same cutting point for VIP if they wanted to [irrationally] make VIP available every 4 hours 24/7/365. Other than the IQ, they haven't fired often... at all from what I've noticed. I don't have any data on the matter, however.