PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters: The Board Game II will Launch on Kickstarter April 11th

DekanWheeler
03-22-2016, 08:07 AM
More information can be found about some here (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the-board-game/posts/1525917).

We'll also be at WonderCon with a Demo Scenario this weekend at Booth #1862

Werechicken
03-22-2016, 08:12 AM
Woot woooooooooooooot

Powdered_Sugar
03-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Awesome news. This game is so much fun, I can't wait for the expansion.

Werechicken
03-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Equipment will really help this game play too.

DekanWheeler
03-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Equipment will really help this game play too.

Exploring the map to find the equipment is also a fantastic addition :)

ItchyAaron
03-23-2016, 05:10 AM
04/11/2016 is marked on my calendar. Do we know what time the KS will start? I want to get in as early as possible!

Werechicken
03-23-2016, 05:32 AM
It starts at 10 am PST, Noon CST and 1pm EST on 4/11

Verified by Sara on facebook and Kickstarter comments

ItchyAaron
03-23-2016, 07:53 AM

Thanks! I'll set my calendar to remind me to log on at that time on that date.

sara.miguel
03-23-2016, 10:03 AM

And now confirmed on forums. WOOT.

MattMurdock
03-23-2016, 10:03 PM
As much as I love most of the things that have been announced, am I the only one who finds the idea of rooting around in slime puddles to find ghostbusting equiptment just a really weird idea? It should have to be built inbetween missions in my opinion :/

Werechicken
03-24-2016, 12:43 PM
There's no time to build.

Consider that they aren't finding it, we are just allowing the characters access to it for that turn.

We shall see. Who knows, maybe they will be able to stick around more than one use?

sara.miguel
03-24-2016, 04:26 PM

Consider that they aren't finding it, we are just allowing the characters access to it for that turn.

We shall see. Who knows, maybe they will be able to stick around more than one use?

I misspoke in the video :( It's one use per scenario, so it will be able to level up with you throughout campaigns. I apologize.

MattMurdock
03-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Why cant building be done inbetween missions?

It would work far better to have generic "component" cards that you find in the slime, and inbetween each mission the Ghostbusters can redeem a set number of each component cards for an equiptment card. The more powerful the equiptment, the more components it needs. This allows players more customisation in how they play the game - do they get a few cheap bits of kit early on, or save up for some serious hardware for the later levels?

It just seems really immersion breaking to me to be rooting around in a puddle of slime and going "Oh, look.. here is some ecto goggles that some "other" previous team of paranormal eliminators must have lost in this slime!

Werechicken
03-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Sara, one per mission? Thats cool, better than one use only. Now if we could just get them to stay permanently...

Matt, you also brought us the trap mechanic, which I feel would slow the game down.

You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree.

But I understand and admire you wanting to make the game mechanics match better.

MattMurdock
03-25-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't think redeeming gear inbetween missions would slow the game down much at all, Infact it would help solve a problem I frequently have with the game which is that members of my gaming group are often left bored for the time it takes to find the tiles/ghosts and set up the next mission. This would at least give people something to do during this time.

Crazy1van
03-25-2016, 04:34 PM
It just seems really immersion breaking to me to be rooting around in a puddle of slime and going "Oh, look.. here is some ecto goggles that some "other" previous team of paranormal eliminators must have lost in this slime!

Remember that the back-story for the 1st game involves a Containment Unit breach, to explain all the ghosts and big bads that the Ghostbusters already fought being out and about. It may very well be that the new game with also have an explanation for why the gear is being found in the field, dripping with goo.

shadowking01
03-25-2016, 09:38 PM
I cant wait til this launches I will get this games version of mass hysteria this time since I missed out on the last kickstarter

sara.miguel
03-26-2016, 10:14 PM
I cant wait til this launches I will get this games version of mass hysteria this time since I missed out on the last kickstarter

Mass Hysteria will not be offered again. You will likely find some previous stretch goal items, but the items in the Mass Hysteria box AND the Mass Hysteria special edition box will not be offered again.

ItchyAaron
03-28-2016, 04:53 AM
Looks like Shadowking01 is simply saying he's going to be "all in" on this KS since he missed the first one. He/She wants to make sure that no pieces are missed.

For that matter, I'm also going to be "all in" on this one. If I end up with repeats of some stuff from the first KS, I'll figure out what to do with them (maybe experiment with painting more minis).

shadowking01
03-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I meant I would get the Ghostbusters 2 the board game equivalent of Mass Hysteria

prawdeeps
03-28-2016, 12:14 PM
So definitely no sedgewick tiles then...?

sara.miguel
03-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I meant I would get the Ghostbusters 2 the board game equivalent of Mass Hysteria

Gotcha, my apologies!

sara.miguel
03-28-2016, 11:16 PM
So definitely no sedgewick tiles then...?

No, they will not be offered again.

ItchyAaron
03-29-2016, 04:15 AM
No, they will not be offered again.
Makes me glad I backed at the Mass Hysteria level the first time. :)

If you are still looking for votes for ghosts to include, I would like to see The Statue of Liberty and the Sasquatch/ Yeti. I also think it would be fun to see the giant Mantis.

prawdeeps
03-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Any word at all about when we will know what will be available for this kickstarter Sara? Or at least a run down of what definitely will not be available (from the first kickstarter)?

sara.miguel
03-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Any word at all about when we will know what will be available for this kickstarter Sara? Or at least a run down of what definitely will not be available (from the first kickstarter)?

That will likely make its debut when the Kickstarter launches.

sara.miguel
03-29-2016, 01:25 PM
...I would like to see The Statue of Liberty and the Sasquatch/ Yeti...

I totally didn't buy a yeti plush at WonderCon this weekend so he could be my cubicle mascot...

shadowking01
03-29-2016, 01:57 PM
I finally tried this game at Wondercon and after trying it I made the decision to back this game.

Werechicken
03-30-2016, 06:03 AM
Glad to hear it.

Can you tell us anything about it?

dylannorthrup
03-30-2016, 07:02 AM
Mass Hysteria will not be offered again. You will likely find some previous stretch goal items, but the items in the Mass Hysteria box AND the Mass Hysteria special edition box will not be offered again.

Please tell me you will not also choose to make desirable items in this Kickstarter exclusive to the Kickstarter and, thereby, hamstring yourself from releasing it later either directly to consumers or to distributors/gaming stores. I'd rather have my money go directly to you or my FLGS and not to some eBay speculator. I'd like to know you learned from the mistakes of the first Kickstarter at at least won't repeat them (even if the decision has been made not to correct the original mistake).

Also, figured since I was criticizing Cryptozoic in general through their spokesperson/CM sara.miguel I'd do the favor of posting under my real name instead of my previous pseudonym, DocX.

sara.miguel
03-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Please tell me you will not also choose to make desirable items in this Kickstarter exclusive to the Kickstarter and, thereby, hamstring yourself from releasing it later either directly to consumers or to distributors/gaming stores. I'd rather have my money go directly to you or my FLGS and not to some eBay speculator. I'd like to know you learned from the mistakes of the first Kickstarter at at least won't repeat them (even if the decision has been made not to correct the original mistake).

Also, figured since I was criticizing Cryptozoic in general through their spokesperson/CM sara.miguel I'd do the favor of posting under my real name instead of my previous pseudonym, DocX.

I appreciate you being transparent and honest. It's not a secret that I don't disagree with your statement. We made reactionary statements that locked us in a corner, but we didn't want to make it another negative by breaking our promise. It wasn't an easy thing.

That said, when planning this next Kickstarter, we have looked extensively at our past campaign and reached out to our "think tanks" in terms of what we think will go best in this campaign, and what they think the community at large would want. We learned a lot during and after the campaign that we have already applied, but we are able to take it one step further.

TL;DR - We've learned our lesson, and I hope you at least check out the next campaign and give us a chance.

prawdeeps
03-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with Dylan, thanks mate for putting forward exactly what I was thinking. Sara, as disappointing as that info is, I'm still keen to back at this stage. Not being able to pony up the funds last May is on me, not Cryptozoic. I'm very happy with the base game mechanically. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

prawdeeps
03-30-2016, 02:46 PM
And found a link to some of your GB2 product from Wondercon. Mind if I post?

Werechicken
03-31-2016, 04:24 AM
Post post post!!!!

sara.miguel
03-31-2016, 10:58 AM
And found a link to some of your GB2 product from Wondercon. Mind if I post?

Feel free :)

prawdeeps
03-31-2016, 11:45 AM
Woooot! :) http://www.geekscape.net/wondercon-2016-demoing-cryptozoics-ghostbusters-the-board-game-ii

twolfe
03-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Woooot! :) http://www.geekscape.net/wondercon-2016-demoing-cryptozoics-ghostbusters-the-board-game-ii

I looked at some of this (and the character card). How are the old character cards supposed to fit in with the the new game?

Werechicken
04-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Excellent question!

The new cards are supposed to be double sided, one for a proton, one for slime.

shadowking01
04-03-2016, 07:30 AM
The wait is killing me

Werechicken
04-04-2016, 03:15 AM
7 days!

sara.miguel
04-04-2016, 09:49 AM
I looked at some of this (and the character card). How are the old character cards supposed to fit in with the the new game?

All will be revealed during KS!

Werechicken
04-04-2016, 10:00 AM
But thats like 7 days from now, SARA!!!!!!!!!!

Meankeb
04-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Who's got two thumbs and is ready to Kickstart(er)?!

http://media.tumblr.com/769f9aab2d8027496b7a03141460cf43/tumblr_inline_ml0e76w5401qz4rgp.gif

Werechicken
04-05-2016, 03:17 AM
6 days!

Skyknight
04-06-2016, 01:51 AM
This time I have someone from the local gaming community that will back it for me, if I give him the money.
But I won't jump in right away.
I'll wait for some time to see if you guys really learned from your mistakes!
If ghosts will still be out of the fragile clear plastic, I'm out!
If again 90% of the stretchgoals is exclusive content, I'm out(or maybe I should get a XXXload of everything to sell on ebay, because that practise seems to be encouraged these days! Hmm, I'll decide that later;))!
If you go again for a XXXX shipping company that needs 6 months until the last people get their stuff, also out!

Werechicken
04-06-2016, 03:28 AM
Thanks for stopping by!

sara.miguel
04-06-2016, 10:02 AM
This time I have someone from the local gaming community that will back it for me, if I give him the money.
But I won't jump in right away.
I'll wait for some time to see if you guys really learned from your mistakes!
If ghosts will still be out of the fragile clear plastic, I'm out!
If again 90% of the stretchgoals is exclusive content, I'm out(or maybe I should get a XXXXX of everything to sell on ebay, because that practise seems to be encouraged these days! Hmm, I'll decide that later;))!
If you go again for a XXXX shipping company that needs 6 months until the last people get their stuff, also out!

Language, please.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is an all ages forum. Please be mindful of that.

Also, I understand the pessimism, but why don't you wait and see what's being offered?

Werechicken
04-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Its the internet, you complain before you see the product, while you see the product and after you see the product.

Skyknight
04-07-2016, 01:26 AM
I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist and after seeing the current product, I'm naturally more than just a little bit sceptic of the next one.

Also didn't know that s***load was inappropriate. It's just a short wort to describe "a really huge amount of something" that I've seen being used like millions of times on thousands of internetsites and it was never ever censored.

The second **** I really meant like I said, because it's a fitting word to describe something that is below substandard!

About the all ages forum excuse, I can tell you kids these days learn worse language in kindergarten! My nephews would laugh if they see that censored because they both knew much worse words, years before they even learned how to use a computer. And most other kids in their classes were even worse than that, because my sister was the only parent to care enough to tell her kids to stop that!

Werechicken
04-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Okay, so, you agreed to the terms and conditions of this forum, so that means you obey by them or they censor you, that's how this works.

shadowking01
04-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Soo much anger skyknight, that cant be good for your health

sara.miguel
04-07-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist and after seeing the current product, I'm naturally more than just a little bit sceptic of the next one.

Also didn't know that s***load was inappropriate. It's just a short wort to describe "a really huge amount of something" that I've seen being used like millions of times on thousands of internetsites and it was never ever censored.

The second **** I really meant like I said, because it's a fitting word to describe something that is below substandard!

About the all ages forum excuse, I can tell you kids these days learn worse language in kindergarten! My nephews would laugh if they see that censored because they both knew much worse words, years before they even learned how to use a computer. And most other kids in their classes were even worse than that, because my sister was the only parent to care enough to tell her kids to stop that!

This is a Cryptozoic forum. There are terms of use and service that you agreed to. That is still a curse word. I do not care what "kids learn these days". That is irrelevant to this forum. I do not need an explanation on why you think it doesn't matter. Do not curse on my forum. That is all.

Werechicken
04-07-2016, 11:45 AM
So I just had a fun conversation with Erik Burnham. I completely spaced on the Peoplebusters being in the comics!

I'd love to get them in the book (even if they're listed as 'Collectors') and maybe a 'Flip Side' world tile map?

What do you guys think? Am I overshooting?

It's not like the Spectral Busters, they would be all new sculpts....

Skyknight
04-08-2016, 01:17 AM
Okay, so, you agreed to the terms and conditions of this forum, so that means you obey by them or they censor you, that's how this works.

This is a Cryptozoic forum. There are terms of use and service that you agreed to. That is still a curse word. I do not care what "kids learn these days". That is irrelevant to this forum. I do not need an explanation on why you think it doesn't matter. Do not curse on my forum. That is all.

Yes, I agreed to these terms and conditions: http://cryptozoic.com/tnc

Read it carefully! Nowhere it says anything about not cursing! Now tell me how I should've known, if it's not in the terms? You can't legally enforce a rule, nobody agreed to!

BennyBroca
04-08-2016, 02:29 AM
Sara Please tell me the new equipment decks are compatible with the original game, please! It would make it so much better.
And a second question. Sorry if it is a bit offtopic, when starting the sedgewick campaign on scenario 1 against the sandman, do you go on 0 experience? Thank you.
Ready for the next game

Werechicken
04-08-2016, 03:49 AM
Benny, welcome!

They are compatible with the original game!

And as far as Sandman goes, sadly, yes, you DO start at zero.

See my thread "Enter Sandman, exit fun", it is a TOUGH scenario. People have said the trick to beating it is sticking together and focusing on him first? I've had no luck and when I try it again, I'll probably bump them up a level or two.

twolfe
04-08-2016, 05:49 AM
Yes, I agreed to these terms and conditions: http://cryptozoic.com/tnc

Read it carefully! Nowhere it says anything about not cursing! Now tell me how I should've known, if it's not in the terms? You can't legally enforce a rule, nobody agreed to!

You have some good points (from previous posts), i havnt read the terms of agreement myself (majority of people dont). At least we arent on tue Steam forums where it is a free-for-all (anonymity is a "real drag"
Pardon my french). It appears we have at least one person monitoring this forum to keep things from becoming mass hysteria.

You do have a good point in that there are some issues from the last kick starter that do need to be addressed
One of them would be the lack of minor ghosts when we had a lot of boss ghosts.

Also i have doubts on how the two games will stack. I have had my game for less than 6 months and played it 3 times. They already want to make the expansion. In the real world, 6 months of feed back from the first game, while also creating the secong game before people got their games in the first place, doesnt sound like the second one will have better machanics.

Werechicken
04-08-2016, 07:12 AM
I've had my game since November, plus Brad had been playing his hand made version of the game since back in April. We've given them plenty of feedback.

Also! Check out CZE's bio in Kickstarter! 4365

Looks like the Statue of Liberty will be in the game!!!

Does this mean Lady Liberty can fight Stay Puft?

twolfe
04-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I've had my game since November, plus Brad had been playing his hand made version of the game since back in April. We've given them plenty of feedback.

Also! Check out CZE's bio in Kickstarter! 4365

Looks like the Statue of Liberty will be in the game!!!

Does this mean Lady Liberty can fight Stay Puft?

Not to belittle your comment, but 2 (or even a handful) of people arent enough to represnet a good proportion of the population that play the game.

Werechicken
04-08-2016, 08:48 AM
No, and I understand, I'm just saying a majority of us had it by November. And have been pretty active with comments and complaints.

BradBosshart
04-09-2016, 02:47 AM
They have also had local people in CA as playtesters, too. It's ironic, but I was one of the first outside the company to play the game, but I don't get to play since my friends are so busy. : (

Werechicken
04-09-2016, 05:20 PM
We love ya, buddy.

You're the heart of the Ghostbusters board game.

Brandon_the_Wut
04-09-2016, 11:29 PM
ಠ_ಠ
I'm ready for this.

Werechicken
04-10-2016, 06:48 AM
1 day

Meankeb
04-10-2016, 09:27 AM
/squeeeee

shadowking01
04-10-2016, 12:13 PM
I've been waiting for this since wondercon and maybe longer considering backing this.

ToasterBoy
04-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Holding out a tiny sliver of hope that the GITD Slimer will make an appearance. #completist :)

prawdeeps
04-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Hi Sara, if we are on the cryptozoic mailing list, will we receive a link to the new Ghostbusters kickstarter before it begins? Also, what time should we expect this? (the link, im assuming the kickstarter begins at 10am Monday PST). Also, could you confirm the timezone? Is the pacific time referred to in your news feeds PST or PDT?

sara.miguel
04-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Holding out a tiny sliver of hope that the GITD Slimer will make an appearance. #completist :)

Nope.

sara.miguel
04-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Hi Sara, if we are on the cryptozoic mailing list, will we receive a link to the new Ghostbusters kickstarter before it begins? Also, what time should we expect this? (the link, im assuming the kickstarter begins at 10am Monday PST). Also, could you confirm the timezone? Is the pacific time referred to in your news feeds PST or PDT?

10AM PDT. I believe the link will be in the email that goes out. If not there will be a link on the CZE homepage. We will likely update it here as well.

Werechicken
04-11-2016, 05:08 AM
5 hours!

sara.miguel
04-11-2016, 07:52 AM

http://cryptozoic.com/articles/sony-and-cryptozoic-team-second-ghostbusters-board-game

This link will redirect to KS page.

Werechicken
04-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Will = eventually, not right now, guys.

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 09:31 AM
30 minutes to go

Werechicken
04-11-2016, 09:46 AM
15!

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
time

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Sara when I spoke to you guys at wondercon you said that the original game would be included in the rewards for backing this project but I do not see it listed in the rewards, just wondering if that was still the case or not

Skyknight
04-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Scroll down! It's listed under Add-Ons.

pjvedder
04-11-2016, 10:50 AM
@Shadowking01 It's there as an optional add-on Item.

creativejay
04-11-2016, 10:54 AM
So excited! In for the Proton Slinger early bird, and threw in $70 to get the Slimer Expansion, Variant Vigo, Dice Tower (no disrespect to my paper trap tower, but...), and card sleeves! Really excited that the Stretch Goals (whatever they turn out to be) will be included. We totally misunderstood that with the first Kickstarter and missed out on a few cool things!

Werechicken
04-11-2016, 11:06 AM
The dice tower I am on the fence about. 15 bucks for a paper tower? I dunno.

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 11:42 AM
This could be fully funded as early as today. Which would be awesome. I was thinking about the tower but may get an extra thing of sleeves instead.

twolfe
04-11-2016, 12:15 PM
So far looks like i will only get the slimer expansion in addition.

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Fully funded now onto stretch goals

Werechicken
04-11-2016, 01:22 PM
check out the social media goals, guys.

twolfe
04-11-2016, 01:59 PM
check out the social media goals, guys.

I genuinely dont understand the pupose for those. Fo we get something if those are met?

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Yes, an addition ghost called the Gimme Grabber

shadowking01
04-11-2016, 02:09 PM
I posted to both my twitter which I hardly ever use and shared on my facebook

WishItWas1984
04-11-2016, 02:58 PM
I unfortunately don't get to play enough to justify a 2nd game, but I love the ability to jump in and get some cool add-ons only.

I'm in for a dice tower as that will be great for when I play Mass Hysteria. I *might* be in for a Slimer or Louis expansion depending on if details come out for them down the road. I'd really need to see mockups of the components and get an idea of how that would play as an optional scenario in the 1st game.

ItchyAaron
04-11-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm with you on the paper dice tower, Werechicken. The complete-ist in me wants to get it. The practical side of me says that I already HAVE a nice solid walnut dice tower that works really well for Pathfinder, Ghostbusters AND Zombicide. I got everything else, though. Also, for clarity, on the KS, I'm Aaron "The Carpathian."

Meankeb
04-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Proton Slinger + Slimer Xpac + Vigo Variant ... mmm

Was hoping to have been able to buy the Taxi Drivers and Impossible Mode minis separately, as they were KS exclusives. /shrug.

Last-Socratic
04-11-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty excited to see one of my favorite ghosts in this game, The Grundel, as well as the XGB!! I'm curious what they'll do with them for powers. Didn't CZE have to acquire rights to use them?

Skyknight
04-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Anybody else noticed that this time around they didn't use any "Kickstarter Exclusive" stickers, but instead "CZE Exclusive!" stickers?
Does that mean the stuff will be available in the shop on Cryptozoics website?

pjvedder
04-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Anybody else noticed that this time around they didn't use any "Kickstarter Exclusive" stickers, but instead "CZE Exclusive!" stickers?
Does that mean the stuff will be available in the shop on Cryptozoics website?

According to the FAQ on the kickstarter:

What does CZE exclusive mean?
CZE Exclusive means that there will be a limited print run of these items. They will never be available at retail, but we may offer them for sale on the Cryptozoic eStore, at conventions, or in future Kickstarter campaigns. Once the print run runs out, they will not be re-printed in this form again.

This does not apply to previous campaigns.

So yeah. It's like pseudo kickstarter exclusive. I guess not knowing what the print run is is the incentive to buy this stuff now via the kickstarter if you have the money for it, rather than wait for them to pop up somewhere.

Skyknight
04-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Ok, thank you, didn't find that information on KS. But since neither the Louis nor the Slimer expansion has this sticker, does that mean, those will be available at retail?

Werechicken
04-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Yes, they said it will be. They will be 30 bucks each.

Crazy1van
04-12-2016, 07:13 PM
I'm hoping that Dana and Oscar will turn up in a Stretch Goal. Dana Barrett was a much more important character to the franchise than Louis Tulley was, and Oscar provided the majority of the motivation in GBII. I realize Dana was never a Ghostbuster, and the game doesn't exactly have an abundance of NPCs that aren't foes, but it's hard to imagine a game based on the second movie without including at least Dana (if not Oscar) in some capacity.

The_Xavious
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm hoping they consider an XP tracking dial for the characters as a possible stretch goal or exclusive. I don't like the tabs, they're rough on the cards and are easily knocked out of place when storing. I ended up just using pen and paper to track it, but i'd love to see some card board dials as a fancy alternative.

Something like this (http://www.litko.net/products/Circle-Combat-Dials%2C-0%252d10.html#.Vw6olHUpDBA) in cardstock, maybe some fancy art or maybe just generic with a color to differentiate. I think it'd be a nice addition.

Js379
04-13-2016, 09:51 PM

So, this definitely explains why there isnt any content from the MH pledge in the throwback add-on, but is there really no chance of getting the tiles and scenarios from the Paranormal pledge? I know I'd definitely pay extra to get those, and I imagine more people would be interested in getting the models if they could get the accompanying tiles and scenarios.

Skyknight
04-13-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that again, you made playable characters exclusives! Like I explained before, such a thing does work on a game like Zombicide, where you have 6+ different characters per (retail)basegame and 4 completely different ones per (retail)expansion and all the exclusives are just guys from different movies or tv shows.

But it doesn't work for Ghostbusters!
Like it looks now, all none kickstarter people(even if they buy every add on that hits retail) will just end up with 4 variations of the same 4 original Ghostbusters(and maybe the occasional Louis Tully and/or Slimer)!

That's bad! People like to have a few more choices, that they won't get, if you make everything exclusive again!
In the first campaign you made the "New Ghostbusters" team exclusive! Now you do the same thing with the "Extreme Ghostbusters" team! Both of those could've been their own expansion! Each of them could've made 30-40 USD per sold piece in retail! Ghostpacks/Bosspacks could've been the same!

It looks like you've learned nothing at all, repeating the same steps and mistakes you did before, cutting down the longevity of the game and making the retail version fail as bad as the last one!

Also, isn't a "Slimeblower Slimer" kind of redundant? I mean, he's Slimer after all. He could slime without that thing!;)

The_Xavious
04-14-2016, 12:44 AM
What are you on about? The only things exclusive so far are the deluxe box, variant Vigo, throwback minis pack, and the dice tower. A good chunk of the previous exclusives appear to be available non-exclusively through the deluxe resin pack, albeit at a hefty premium.

The Extreme Ghostbusters are only available through Proton Slinger tier so far, but seeing as they aren't tagged as exclusive, I see no reason why one should assume they won't be released as a retail expansion later on. Makes no sense to announce such an expansion when only half of them are reached through stretch goals 3 days into the campaign.

JayTigran
04-14-2016, 04:02 AM
I'm curious if the Impossible Mode ghosts from the first game will comeback as a throwback pack or something. They're the only things I really missed out on...

well that and glow in the dark slimer

Werechicken
04-14-2016, 04:15 AM
I would say no, they won't.

shadowking01
04-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Well, you could use gbfans and ebay to assemble the pieces if you must have them and if things work out today Ill only be missing from the first set due to the throwback pack , gbfans and ebay, one figure and thats impossible mode slimer.

Meankeb
04-14-2016, 06:18 PM
OUTSTANDING GEEK & SUNDRY! Thank you Cryptoz for the fun time!

sara.miguel
04-14-2016, 07:31 PM
So, this definitely explains why there isnt any content from the MH pledge in the throwback add-on, but is there really no chance of getting the tiles and scenarios from the Paranormal pledge? I know I'd definitely pay extra to get those, and I imagine more people would be interested in getting the models if they could get the accompanying tiles and scenarios.

Those tiles are in the base game.

sara.miguel
04-14-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that again, you made playable characters exclusives! Like I explained before, such a thing does work on a game like Zombicide, where you have 6+ different characters per (retail)basegame and 4 completely different ones per (retail)expansion and all the exclusives are just guys from different movies or tv shows.

But it doesn't work for Ghostbusters!
Like it looks now, all none kickstarter people(even if they buy every add on that hits retail) will just end up with 4 variations of the same 4 original Ghostbusters(and maybe the occasional Louis Tully and/or Slimer)!

That's bad! People like to have a few more choices, that they won't get, if you make everything exclusive again!
In the first campaign you made the "New Ghostbusters" team exclusive! Now you do the same thing with the "Extreme Ghostbusters" team! Both of those could've been their own expansion! Each of them could've made 30-40 USD per sold piece in retail! Ghostpacks/Bosspacks could've been the same!

It looks like you've learned nothing at all, repeating the same steps and mistakes you did before, cutting down the longevity of the game and making the retail version fail as bad as the last one!

Also, isn't a "Slimeblower Slimer" kind of redundant? I mean, he's Slimer after all. He could slime without that thing!;)

Um, they aren't exclusive. Please go back and read through the stretch goal list.

sara.miguel
04-14-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm curious if the Impossible Mode ghosts from the first game will comeback as a throwback pack or something. They're the only things I really missed out on...

well that and glow in the dark slimer

No IM ghosts.

sara.miguel
04-14-2016, 07:34 PM
OUTSTANDING GEEK & SUNDRY! Thank you Cryptoz for the fun time!

Thank you for joining us in there!

Skyknight
04-15-2016, 01:05 AM
Um, they aren't exclusive. Please go back and read through the stretch goal list.

Just now they only apply to the "Proton Slinger" tier, which is marked as exclusive! Have not seen any other way to get those yet, but It would be great, if you introduce another way to get them.
As is, it would again favorize the scalpers that buy huge amounts of everything and then up the price!

twolfe
04-15-2016, 06:52 AM
Did the "dimensionometer" name get changed in the new game? A "dimensionometer" mesures the dimension, it would have nothing to do with transporting ghosts.

The_Xavious
04-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Just now they only apply to the "Proton Slinger" tier, which is marked as exclusive! Have not seen any other way to get those yet, but It would be great, if you introduce another way to get them.
As is, it would again favorize the scalpers that buy huge amounts of everything and then up the price!

Proton Slinger tier gets it early. Everyone else has to wait. No, they didn't announce how they may release them but you can clearly see they are going to make expansions for Slimer and Tully, I'm pretty sure you can safely assume more expansions will come from the stretch goals.

Yes, they got a bit too eager with the exclusive tag last time, but they're making ammends this time around. Why are you trying to make an issue out of this?

The_Xavious
04-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Oops, double post. Sorry about that!

sara.miguel
04-15-2016, 10:04 PM

The box and dice are exclusive for the Proton Slinger tier. They get those stretch goals for free, but we reserve the right to offer them at retail as they are NOT marked exclusive. So, depending on sales/SKU's, you will be able to get the stretch goals at retail, but for a cost.

Please read the campaign page. We were very careful in how we laid this campaign out.

The_Xavious
04-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Is there any chance we can get a bit more information on some of the new features? I'd love to learn more about how the Ecto-1a's plazm container fits into the gameplay, wouldn't mind seeing a few more example events and maybe an overview on the characters and how they utilize equipment/plazm.

More low level ghosts really excites me. There seems to be about 8 or so class 3 and below ghosts, plus the modifiers (wouldn't mind seeing how they are implemented in some of the scenarios) to give players a lot more variety. I feel like the first game really lacked that variety in the types of ghosts you'd most often be facing (there was like twice as many boss level ghosts compared to non-Impossible Mode class 3s and below), I'm super excited that they're giving that some improvement.

There also looks to be more class 4's this time around. I think slimer was the only one before, I'm hoping maybe they'll be easily mixed into the generic mobs a bit more, but considering Grundel is a class 4, I take they're still kind of a mini-boss level ghost?

Also, the character cards are two sided, for proton pack and slime blower. Does this mean they have different abilities based on pack or is it just for the sake of identification?

Skyknight
04-16-2016, 12:46 AM
The box and dice are exclusive for the Proton Slinger tier. They get those stretch goals for free, but we reserve the right to offer them at retail as they are NOT marked exclusive. So, depending on sales/SKU's, you will be able to get the stretch goals at retail, but for a cost.

Please read the campaign page. We were very careful in how we laid this campaign out.
Thanks for the clear explanation. That's exactly how things like this have to be handled.

Now the only concern that I've left is the material quality of the miniatures.
Is that "Phthalate Free PVC 95 degrees plastic" more flexible than the stuff you used last time or is it also really stiff?
I'm asking because the more stiffness the plastic has, the more likely it would cause small details to break off, again.

Crazy1van
04-16-2016, 04:47 AM
No idea how far in advance the stretch goals are planned, but since we're (potentially) getting an Extreme Ghostbusters Kylie, I'd love to see Real Ghostbusters versions of Peter, Winston, Egon, and Ray as either a stretch goal, expansion, or both.

twolfe
04-16-2016, 10:06 PM

So how are the character cards from the first game supposed to sincronize with the second game. The kickstarter never answered this.

The_Xavious
04-17-2016, 02:09 AM
The first game characters seem to be pretty powerful compared to these ones. From what I have seen in the video (there's a couple frames where Egon's card is visible) they have basically 2 abilities that are of their own unique style, with the level 3 ability being roughly equivelent to the original level 2 abilities, with their level 4 ability being a powerful ability that uses up some of the plazm you've hopefully collected by then. The level one ability grants them an equipment, level two grants them a certain type of equipment, and level 5 grants them their special equipment. Equipment are single use, though they still keep the equipment after using it, it refreshes each scenario and some things can grant the players another use of it (Egon's level 4 uses up plazm to let everyone reuse an equipment).

Compared to the first game, the new versions won't level up as fast, they won't get an additional action (they bumped base action and manuever amounts by one each, so GB1 characters end up with 4 actions at level 3), and they won't have a passive team boost at 5. I haven't seen enough of the equipment to tell how much more beneficial starting with equipment and gaining it through levels will be compared to the GB1 characters, but GB1 characters will still be able to get equipment from slime piles and will be able to use slime blowers as well, so I'm sort of thinking GB1 guys will be incredibly useful mixed with the GB2 characters.

Meankeb
04-17-2016, 05:23 AM
and will be able to use slime blowers as well, so I'm sort of thinking GB1 guys will be incredibly useful mixed with the GB2 characters.

I'm excited to see how we can mix and match GB1 and GB2. Me thinks there will be a couple of conversion rules needed, and possibly an update to the Errata / FAQ.

The_Xavious
04-17-2016, 09:13 AM
I don't think there'd be any real conversions needed, except maybe with the 2 actions 1 manuever/3 actions 2 manuevers discrepency when doing GB1 scenarios. I'm considering just adopting the 3 actions/2 manuevers from GB2 for my GB1 runs anyways. I know it'd certainly help some of the harder scenarios/ghosts (looking at you, Spawn of Cathulhu).

As far as errata goes, I'm curious as well. The GB1 character abilities specifically refer to Ghosts, which, in the context of GB1, pretty much meant you were making attack against something that wasn't a gate. In GB2 there's Ghosts, Plazms, Haunted Humans, and gates. I'm wondering if all instances of ghosts on the character cards would read as Entities instead.

JayTigran
04-22-2016, 02:24 AM
In the stretch goals, is that PeopleBuster Egon's silhouette?

stevenbiggie
04-22-2016, 06:48 AM
@Jay Tigran A lot of People think it is Peoplebuster Egon or Real Ghostbuster Egon. we'll have to just wait and see I guess.

twolfe
04-22-2016, 08:29 AM
@Jay Tigran A lot of People think it is Peoplebuster Egon or Real Ghostbuster Egon. we'll have to just wait and see I guess.

I want Eduard before other Ghostbusters (especially with the slow pledging).

JayTigran
04-22-2016, 09:20 AM
well they wouldn't do Eddie right after Kylie, they appear to be spacing them out...
my guess is PeopleBuster Egon, the head is kind of deformed, and the neck juts out too far to be regular Egon...

Crazy1van
04-22-2016, 10:18 AM
As far as errata goes, I'm curious as well. The GB1 character abilities specifically refer to Ghosts, which, in the context of GB1, pretty much meant you were making attack against something that wasn't a gate. In GB2 there's Ghosts, Plazms, Haunted Humans, and gates. I'm wondering if all instances of ghosts on the character cards would read as Entities instead.

If they don't make an official change, I plan to convert Zuul and Vinz Clortho into Haunted Humans as a house rule.

Crazy1van
04-22-2016, 10:32 AM
I wonder, since the new playable characters get +1 Action and +1 Maneuver, if the scenarios themselves can be used to set how many Actions and Maneuvers everyone starts with. GB1 scenarios would have to follow GB1 rules, so the GB2 ghostbusters would never get their 3rd Actions, which could be fatal in a scenario where the GBs start at L3 with the expectation that they'll all have more actions.

Brandon_the_Wut
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
GB2 rules would supersede GB1 rules, regardless of what scenario you use, regardless of it being a GB1 scenario or a GB2 scenario. The GB2 characters would get their normal amount of actions and maneuvers. They'd not lose anything.

Skyknight
04-23-2016, 01:32 AM

It couldn't be Real Ghostbusters Egon, because if you look closely on the image it says something about "Class". And since only ghosts do have classes, it can only be Peoplebuster Egon.

Brandon_the_Wut
04-23-2016, 04:18 AM
It says "2 S-Class Equipment cards".

That's part of the reason I personally think it is RGB Egon. But It could just as easily be Peoplebusters Egon.

turkproverb
05-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Hello. While waiting for the pledge manager, I wanted to let everyone here know that in relation to Ghostbusters II's kickstarter, a group of us are trying to gather funds to get a "Specter Slayer" tier and have a custom Yeti added to the game, since Crypto said they'd be OK with us sharing the 3D printer file among a group backing it together.

Anyone interested in helping out?

Details here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1571184/crowd-funding-part-kickstarter-getting-yeti-mini

Meankeb
05-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Just added a "pledge". Thanks for posting here. If we end up short, hopefully it is part of an upcoming expansion (not a full GB3!)

Crazy1van
05-16-2016, 05:24 AM
Hello. While waiting for the pledge manager, I wanted to let everyone here know that in relation to Ghostbusters II's kickstarter, a group of us are trying to gather funds to get a "Specter Slayer" tier and have a custom Yeti added to the game, since Crypto said they'd be OK with us sharing the 3D printer file among a group backing it together.

Anyone interested in helping out?

Details here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1571184/crowd-funding-part-kickstarter-getting-yeti-mini

I'd be interested, but I'm unsure just what would be in this "tier" you're creating. Maybe this deserves it's own thread here.

(yes, I realize you want to keep the discussion in the thread created for it at BGG, but cross-promotion is key to crowd-sourcing success)

turkproverb
05-16-2016, 10:37 AM
I'd be interested, but I'm unsure just what would be in this "tier" you're creating. Maybe this deserves it's own thread here.

(yes, I realize you want to keep the discussion in the thread created for it at BGG, but cross-promotion is key to crowd-sourcing success)

To answer your question, we'll be pooling together to change one backer-level to a Specter Slayer so we can get a Custom Yeti mini, and distribute the 3D printer file and card stats.

Creating a new thread would make sense, I suppose, Yea.

volbound1700
06-12-2017, 05:56 PM
I have missed the pledge once again. What is in the retail version? Is the Grabber Kickstarter only? I may hold off on getting the retail and try to get a version off Ebay although I will pay more. I hate that I missed the pledge.