PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] New Card to give the Shin'Hare that extra little omph.

Osamaru
03-23-2016, 12:54 AM
Maybe I've just not seen the right Cards so far, but the Shin'Hare seen to be a little bit lacking, as it stands. For a Faction that SEEMS to be want to be a Breeder Faction, it does not have alot of Pushing power. That being said, I thought of a new Card that might give it that little bit of extra power that the Shin'Hare need. It is a tad complicated, but It is a interesting idea, tell me what you think.

*NOTE: If this is to much for 1 Card, the Effects could be split between 2-3 Cards that are meant to Synergies with each other, or some of the effects (such as the Perm exhaust), could be moved to Equipment. The idea behind this card is a unique spin on Breeding. Instead of popping out cards, you are pooling "Resources" (troops) into the card, which can then be spent for a variety of functions, from damaging Troops, to summoning your own, or creating 1 Giant Troop. Tell me what you think, and feel free to Leave comments and suggestions.

EDIT: At the suggestion of Others, I've went ahead and changed some things up, and split the effects into 3 Different Cards.

Unending Legion
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Rarity: Legendary, Unique
Type: Shin'hare Warrior
Cost, Threshold: 6, 3W/3B
Attack/Defense: 1/1
Effects:
~ Defensive
~ Unending (new effect, unable to be targeted or effected by ANY effect, other than its own. This includes Troop effects such as Buffs and Lethal. If this proves to be to much (or there is already such an effect), it can be changed)
~ This Cards Attack and Defense are = to the Number of "Legion Tokens" attached.
~ When this Card takes damage, remove an Equal number of "Legion Tokens" from this Card.
~ Growing the Ranks, Exhaust this Card, pay 1: Place 1 "Legion Token" on this Card.
Equipment:
~ Big Shoes to Fill [Feet Slot, Legendary]: Unending Legion gains "If another Troop you control would be destroyed, Exhaust it instead. If you do, exhaust this card and remove X "Legion Tokens" from this card, where X is the Exhausted card's Cost.
~ Hands to make War [Hand Slot, Rare]: Unending Legion has instead, Exhaust this Card, pay 3: Place 2 "Legion Token" on this Card.

Legion-Hare
Rarity: Generated
Cost, Threshold: 2, 2W
Attack/Defense: 2/3 (maybe 1/2? Though without buffs, that just makes the Fodder).
Effects:
~ Void this Card to add 1 "Legion Tokens" to [Unending Legion]
Equipment:
~ Legion's Brestplate [Chest Slot, Uncommon]: [Legion-Hare] gains "When this card blocks, it gains 1 Defense"
~ Legion's Pike [Weapon Slot, Uncommon]: [Legion-Hare] gains "When this card Attacks, it gains 1 Attack".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Field Commanded [needs a Better name, suggestions?]
Rarity: Rare, Unique
Cost, Threshold: 4(5?), 2W/2B
Attack/Defense: 2/6
Effects
~ Overwhelming Assault, Exhaust this Card, pay 3: Select a target and Remove X Number of "Legion Tokens" from and in-play Unending Legion where X is that cards Cost, then have the selected Target battle Unending Legion.
~ Splitting the Ranks, Exhaust this Card, pay 7[10?]: Remove all "Legion Tokens" from an in-play Unending Legion, then deal 1 Damage to it. For each "Legion Token" removed in this way, Summon to the field 1 [Legion-Hare].
~ Scouting Party, Exhaust this Card, pay X: Remove X "Legion Tokens" from an in-play Unending Legion, where X is the Resource cost paid. For each "Legion Token" removed in this way, summon to the Field 1 Legion-Hare.
Equipment:
~ Attack Orders [Weapon Slot, Legendary]: Field Commanded has "Pay 4[5?], exhaust this card. Remove Defensive from Unending Legion, until the end of the Turn".
~ Elite's Faceplate [Head Slot, Rare]: Field Commanded Instead has Exhaust this Card, pay X: Remove X "Legion Tokens" from an in-play Unending Legion, where X is the Resource cost paid. For each "Legion Token" removed in this way, summon to the Field 1 Legion-Hare. Legion-Hares summons in the way, gain 1/1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Shin'hare Recruiter [needs a Better name, suggestions?]
Rarity: Rare, Unique
Type: Shin'hare Cleric
Cost, Threshold: 4(5?), 2W/2B
Attack/Defense: 2/6
Effects
~ Conscription, Exhaust this Card, pay 2, pay 1 Health: Place 2 "Legion Tokens" on and In-play Unending Legion.
~ Special Training, Exhaust this Card, pay 3: Revert and Exhaust target Shin'Hare with Cost of 3 or less. Place "Legion Tokens" equal to that Card's Attack onto an in-play Unending Legion.
~ When an in-play Unending Legion with no "Legion Tokens" attached, takes damage, instead of burying it, Permanently Exhaust that Card, Then this card gains "Pay 10 [to high? 5 maybe?] Health, Revert target Card". [possibly move this to Equipment, see below].
Equipment:
~ Field Medic's Sigil [Trinket Slot, Legendary]: When an in-play Unending Legion with no "Legion Tokens" attached, takes damage, instead of burying it, Permanently Exhaust that card, Then this card gains "Pay 5 Health, Revert target Card" [Alternatively, This could give the original effect itself]
~ Noble Endorsement [Chest Slot, Uncommon]: Shin'hare Recruiter instead has; "Exhaust this Card, pay 3: Revert and Exhaust target Shin'Hare with Cost of 4 or less. Place "Legion Tokens" equal to that Card's Attack onto an in-play Unending Legion".

pyrovoice
03-25-2016, 01:10 AM
dude keep your cards simple x) your legion has wayyyyy to much effect to even begin being playable

Osamaru
03-25-2016, 10:38 AM
dude keep your cards simple x) your legion has wayyyyy to much effect to even begin being playable

Ya, I was thinking that as well, as I was writing it up, but thought I should get the IDEA up at least before I start to break it down into other Cards. How many would suggests? I was thinking 3; The Unending Legion that would Store the tokens and generated them slowly (Pay 1), a "Field Commander" Card that would take the more offensive Abilities (Pay 7, 5 and X), Then a "Trainer" or something like that, that would take on the Generation and Defensive abilies (Pay 2, 3).
Any Suggestions or improvements on the Abilities themselves?

Osamaru
03-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Made some changes, and split the effects between 3 cards. Tell me what you think! any suggestions are welcomed.

Zantetsuken
03-25-2016, 08:14 PM
This unending legion actually seems too weak for this game. You can already simulate it quite nicely with Underworld Recruiter or a sacrifice-based shin'hare deck using Eulogists or Ritualists. Except those cards don't get weaker over time. Underworld Recruiter especially can become a 13/12 monster by turn 3. If you wanted unkillable shin'hare, Minion and Disciple of Yazukan both refuse to die so you can buff them with Blood Aura, Abominate, or any other enhancements and watch them rise from their grave with a vengeance.

Tygari
03-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Your cards seem overly complicated.
Try to keep card designs simple.