PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and Suggestion

Charm
03-28-2016, 11:11 PM
I like that this game is similar to MtG gameplay but at the same time I hate that it suffer the same resource problem while heavily promoting 2 color deck. Having suffer through drawing all troops, all shards, or opposite color shard card is very frustrating. Essentially randomly I am playing an unwinnable hand and there is nothing I could do, and going through 10 turns not able to do anything is not a lot of fun. Being it's a digital game I had hope it solved the resource problem. Separate resource into a resource deck would have been my preference, then it would be up to player to decide which how many resource they start with and decide on whether it's is more important to draw more troops/action or resource. The good news is at least I am able to acquire decent amount of cards to build mono deck.

Background
I played Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc.

I have tried all the races and class and have finished the 2nd dungeon I briefly tried arena (but wasn't too successful at it)

General

What's the deal with buffalo? Starter Human deck I win with flying buffalo? And sapphire and blood all have buffalo cards
Why isn't wild emerald and blood amethyst?
Why is the card manager hidden away instead of readily accessible like inventory? For the longest time I was checking my cards through campaign card manager.
Need test dummy mode to test out drawing a lot of card. It would be nice to also have counter on how much damage you are doing per turn
Ability to bookmark certain card so I can remember to look for them
Ability to input a value on number of card to place in the deck
Ability to share deck build template and save them as my own, and acquire the necessary card as I go
Ability to test other people's build template in practice mode without having the cards.
Ability to post card wish list and cards willing to trade. i.e. trading 1 card for 2-3 other cards
History of card opponent used. Some card NPC used do not appear in crypt
A record of buff and debuff on a card. There are times I have no idea why the card went up or down.
Can't play action during attack or defense stage. e.g. flight has to be cast on a ground troop in between attack defense stage in order for that troop to block a flight opponent.
How random shuffle is mulligan to differentiate itself from the initial dealt?
I had gotten 6 shard 1 troop and though mulligan ended up with 6 shards and same 1 troop. I only own 1 card of that troop.
Mulligan and still see 2 of same troops/action that was in my initial hand.
All troops, mulligan, all shards, mulligan, all troops, mulligan, all troops...dumbfounded and GAVE UP. 60 mono deck with 23 shards

Auction House

I can't have card manager opened while checking out the auction house. Which makes it hard to tell which card I already own
Need a way to filter out card that already owned
Show only equipment that I still need for the cards I own
Sort card by attack and defense
Sort card by casting cost
Ability to merge same card, with same pricing and same ending time frame by quantity. It's kind of tedious if you don't know the card exact name you have to click quite a few pages until you find the card you want
Ability to see market price while adding my listing instead of jumping between my listing and buy tab
A way to sell card with both platinum and gold pricing. i.e. I am willing to see this card for 300 gold or 3 platinum. Not sure mixing the market is good idea but the way it is feels like a wall between the two market so if you always use gold you never see platinum card available for purchase i.e. never see incentive to acquire platinum.
Since some cards are harder to come by. I would like to see a market where buyer can list card they are willing to buy at the price they set and seller can decide to sell them the card. No wait time for the seller and also a good way for seller to decide on what's the market price for the card should be when no one is selling the card

Campaign
I like certain NPC give you random card to play with. It's nice to try out card I don't yet own. Especially if that card is the winning card
I would prefer to see starting deck with mono rather than 2 colors. Since we cannot change card during tutorial, it can end up being a frustrating experience with the wrong shuffle.
The starting deck need some tweaking.

There should be more lower cost card to make it readily playable by new player. E.g. Replace atrophy with taint.
Less card require 2 threshold. Nothing like sitting with 5 sapphire 1 diamond and still can't play Rigid Buffalo
Elf starting deck seems to lack card costing 1 shard During tutorial if I fall behind on shard draw and cannot use my class ability, by round 3 I am 2-4 troops behind.

Tutorial NPC seems to break the rule of number of same card. On turn 3, AI had on the field with 4-5 same card while I am still trying to get my 2nd troop out. In normal campaign there was one NPC I saw with 2 legendary of the same card in the deck.
Outside of the dungeon what's the point of mulligan? There is no reward for sticking out playing a bad hand and 1-4 cards penalty.
Can't view my cards while in dungeon. I understand no edit but I can't tell if I screwed up my build while midway through the dungeon.
Some of the NPC seems to force me to play base on luck. Keep restart until I go first, NPC is dealt a bad hand, and starting with my best hand. Sea hag being one of them.
Some NPC seem to be heavily gear toward early attack which can give unbalance gameplay depending on your race/class. Orc was easy to breeze through while other race with slower deck have harder time
Is the expectation to run through Campaign with race theme deck or mix card? It seems to strange to use opposite faction card to win game, and there isn't a lot of race theme card drop.
The campaign doesn't really teach you how to use your race card or how to build up stronger race card
NPC seem to be able to see cards in my hand. There are few times I expected the NPC to attack base on past experience but because of a card in my hand they never did.
Mage seems too much at the mercy of random luck. If unlucky they won't even get a lot of SP to use their mage spells. They also don't have a lot of health to alleviate bad luck
Ability to start a new deck build
Ability to save 2 or 3 deck build
Ability to revisit initial town to purchase common pack or item
Readily available to acquire card used in by NPC in the tutorial
Ability to view NPC cards and set them as a build template to use.
If I have a difficulty with a particular NPC there is no way to "level up beat tough opponent in MMO RPG sense" I have to exit out of campaign change to another character or acquire more gold/platinum to get more card to beat the NPC.
I can't see the actual count of cards I own. When I select 1 out of 3 free card I like to know the count, and when I purchase additional card I like to know how many more I need or not needed at all.
What's the difference between Zombie and Necrotic?

Khazrakh
03-29-2016, 12:04 AM
Hi Charm, first of all: Welcome to Hex and thank you for taking your time to write everything down. You have a lot of good questions and make some valid points. A lot of those are probably already on their To-Do-List but it might still take some time until we see it all come together.
I'd like to randomly answer some of your questions though:

What's the deal with buffalo? Starter Human deck I win with flying buffalo? And sapphire and blood all have buffalo cards

The Buffalo seems to be a running gag for what ever reason, we had one every set so far and it's always just a generic vanilla card. One day a mighy buffalord will rise and unite them all...or that's what I've heard ;)

Why isn't wild emerald and blood amethyst?

Wild and Blood Magic existed before Hex crushed into Entrath so while the other 3 shards came to life through Hex Wild and Blood are "natural" forms of magic. That's why they are not represented as a gem.

Can't play action during attack or defense stage. e.g. flight has to be cast on a ground troop in between attack defense stage in order for that troop to block a flight opponent.

Actions that have the basic keyword can only be played in your main phases. Actions that have the quick keyword can be played anytime just not in the declare attacker and declare blocker phases. You can set a priority stop to the beginning of combat and declare attackers phase though. That way you can still play a quick action before declaring attackers/blockers.

How random shuffle is mulligan to differentiate itself from the initial dealt?

Mulligan puts all cards from your hand back into your deck and does a redraw with all cards available to you. So while it's rather unlikely you might end up with the exact same hand you just shuffled away.

Tutorial NPC seems to break the rule of number of same card. On turn 3, AI had on the field with 4-5 same card while I am still trying to get my 2nd troop out. In normal campaign there was one NPC I saw with 2 legendary of the same card in the deck.

That's intentional. When HXE feels they need more copies of a certain card to design an encounter the way the envision it they'll give it more than 4 copies. There are even encounters that only run a single non-ressource card in your deck (like Piranha Swarm). Also the 4 of rule also covers legendaries, so having more than one copy is not a problem.

What's the difference between Zombie and Necrotic?

A Zombie is a mindless undead brought back to live by what ever means.
A Necrotic is a sentinent being coming from hexing gems embedded in a dead human body.

Reeplay
03-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Ok let's answer all your points
General

Buffalo are just awesome (They are a fun card type that pop up in the PvP set packs. There's nothing more to explain than that)
It's to do with lore. :diamond: :ruby: and :sapphire: are from the hex meteor that crashed through Entrath many years ago while :wild: and :blood: existed on the planet before hand hence the different naming system
I don't know. I question the the card manager placement choice too
We have that already. In Card manager on the bottom right just above your champion portrait you have 3 tabs. The middle one is deck stats and has a test draw option
Yeah this option would be nice. I haven't seen them mention if this is planned
I honestly think clicking would be faster than putting a number in so I'm not sure who this could help
This is a feature that would be nice. They have plans to put it in but it's not on there priority list
This is a matter of opinion. Some would argue that the ability to use cards you don't own even in practice would not be a good thing. Similar note the ability to pad a deck with proxy cards just to see the curve of the deck if you were to finish it would be nice
This is a planned feature that they just haven't prioritized yet.
The only cards that don't go to the crypt or void are shards which would be nice to see somehow but otherwise I'm not sure what this feature will actually do
I've not heard this mentioned before. If a card has been transformed then the original shows just to the left of the card if you zoom in. But logging each effect that's changed something about the card would probably take up too much screen space.
While in a game you have your clock on the left. In that clock is a dial that let's you change your priority stop phases. You probably have the one for combat phase turned off but playing something on attack phase is doable in game
Anything that shuffles in the game is pure random. Random means it's possible to get hands full of shards or hands full of troops. It's the system the game is designed around and it won't be changing anytime soon

Auction House

The Auction house is planned to be revamped eventually but it's not a priory for them as long as it works now
Don't you tend to go to the auction house looking for a particular card? I'm not sure how helpful this filter would actually be but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have
Right now it is very hard to tell what equipment you want without checking each card yourself manually so this feature would be nice
For Auction house searching by cost, attack and defense wouldn't make much sense. You use the auction house to buy what you want. You use the card manager to find out what you want.
See 4
I mean if you aren't sure of a name and try to find it through the AH house then why not type the rest of the name in once you find it. I'm not quite sure if that's what you mean though the point was worded a bit weirdly
Planned, will come in with the revamp when it happens
This can't function. If the same card was listed twice then someone bid on it for 10 plat and someone else bid on it for 1200 gold then who get's the card? the game is designed to have both currencies wanted by players. Plat is the paid currency used to buy into tournaments and buy booster packs from store. Gold is used to buy stardust to extend card arts and spin chests you get from opening the packs. (You can buy boosters from the AH for gold sometimes but that's secondary market not primary). One doesn't out weigh the other
Planned feature. Will be part of the revamp

Campaign

Yay complements!
The deck you get at the start is based on the race you choose. They are Dual colour decks because all races have 2 or more primary colours. It's to give a general idea of the kind of cards the race use
Your experience seems to be very different to mine. For the most part I had very little shard issues in the tutorial dungeon with any race.
AI isn't bound by the same rules as we are. Several encounters run more than 4 of a card. In the tutorial dungeon case it is to make them easier
You can just concede and try again out of dungeons yes. But it's a rule of hex that you get to mulligan so they can't just remove it for those encounters
I guess the ability to do that would be cool. I never thought about it until now
Some encounters are intended to be a lot harder than others. For newer players I guess it can be a case of restart until you get lucky
That's just a feature of of different races having different play styles. As more Adventure zones come out different races will be better to use.
As we get more of the talent trees unlocked racial effects will become more relevant to the the game. Right now with the shard grid limiting how many of cards you can use your mostly better of building around colours. Though cleric functions very well already
I'm not sure what you mean by this question
The AI can't see your hand. If it didn't swing it means it probably valued the card too much to swing at risk it being blocked by 1 or 2 troops
Mage is currently held back by only having 1/3 of a talent tree which makes it the hardest of the 3 options right now. This will be fixed as we get the next few adventure zones
Yeah the ability to not just empty deck in campaign was weird. I hope they add it
This is apparently coming with the next content patch of the game
You couldn't buy stuff to begin with. Though a similar note. The ability to replay the campaign with the same character without having to restart the character would be amazing
I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Some cards are AI only, they have an orange rarity symbol to show this
Sadly most AI only decks can't function for us as they use AI only cards or more than 4 of some cards
The 'level up to beat tough opponent' is the dropping out to farm gold to get new cards to some degree. Though you could also level your character at a previous dungeon to get the small extra bit of health and some more talent points
At any point you are looking at a card whether it be in the AH, card manager or campaign card manager hover your mouse over the card and it shows you how many of it you have
Necrotic are a race in hex that come to life by putting hex shards into corpses and are sentient. We don't know a ton about hex zombies yet but they aren't revived though shards and they aren't sentient.

Charm
03-31-2016, 12:40 AM
Wow I wasn't expecting such a quick response and reading through my long post. Thanks

Actions that have the basic keyword can only be played in your main phases. Actions that have the quick keyword can be played anytime just not in the declare attacker and declare blocker phases. You can set a priority stop to the beginning of combat and declare attackers phase though. That way you can still play a quick action before declaring attackers/blockers.
Yeah that's the problem I ran into. I was trying to play Sapphire Aura card and wanting to act as element surprise so I waited until declare blocker phase. Regrettably found out I cannot do it and got caught with my pants down

Mulligan puts all cards from your hand back into your deck and does a redraw with all cards available to you. So while it's rather unlikely you might end up with the exact same hand you just shuffled away.
I guess the question is what kind of reshuffling i.e. split the card in half and then left / right card rinse and repeat or draw a stack of card from bottom up multiple times. I do understand in randomness human nature tend to focus on a few extreme case that sticks out. It just frustrating when I mulligan down to 2-3 cards, and still could not get a good starting hand, especially when I am up against NPC with aggressive starting hand.

We have that already. In Card manager on the bottom right just above your champion portrait you have 3 tabs. The middle one is deck stats and has a test draw option
Not quite what I meant. Let's say I have a card that cost 7-8 to cast. In most game I would never get to use that card. I want to play against dummy where I can play until turn 20 or so without either dummy or me dying. This way I can test out my high cost card and experiment with it. Another case would be testing out Master of Mask on what card is available for him to transfer into so you can see if he is worthwhile to be in the deck.

I honestly think clicking would be faster than putting a number in so I'm not sure who this could help
For troops/action. But for shards it's a pain. If you remove shard it can take 20+ click and then another 20+ click to add another shard type

The only cards that don't go to the crypt or void are shards which would be nice to see somehow but otherwise I'm not sure what this feature will actually do
I believe champion ability and passive abilities ( not sure what the little web icons above/below champion are called) cards get played? Especially when they chain up it's hard to tell what happened and when I check NPC crypt I don't see any new additional card

] I've not heard this mentioned before. If a card has been transformed then the original shows just to the left of the card if you zoom in. But logging each effect that's changed something about the card would probably take up too much screen space.

What I am describing would be like "equipment card" e.g. placing Incite Fury below your troop card

]Don't you tend to go to the auction house looking for a particular card? I'm not sure how helpful this filter would actually be but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have
No. Because starting out you are trying to acquire as many cheap card as possible, and chances are good the card you know to look for is outside your price range. If I already own 4 of the same card i want to move down to next cheap card, and not looking at 10 pages of cards I already own

]For Auction house searching by cost, attack and defense wouldn't make much sense. You use the auction house to buy what you want. You use the card manager to find out what you want.
I am trying to build my deck within my budget. If I want to build a low cost deck then I would search for card with casting 1-3 cost that I can afford.

]Your experience seems to be very different to mine. For the most part I had very little shard issues in the tutorial dungeon with any race.
This largely depend on the race/class and how many times you played tutorial ( eventually you are going to hit bad draw). One run I did, I lost the very first battle because the draw was so bad and mulligans weren't much help either. Another run I was able to get 2-3 troops
out but then I draw all shards.

]I'm not sure what you mean by this question
The campaign doesn't really teach you how to upgrade your deck. E.g. I can breeze through necrotic campaign with early orc high aggressive deck rather than trying to upgrade necrotic deck base on the card given by the necrotic campaign.. Necrotic deck is suppose to be more shift build but so far I haven't been too successful shifting into a powerful troop like Inspire or Prophecy.

The AI can't see your hand. If it didn't swing it means it probably valued the card too much to swing at risk it being blocked by 1 or 2 troops
When it had 11/12+ and a few troops with my 2/2 and a few troops but it refused to attack 11/12 cause I had repel in my hand. Without repel it would have wiped away my entire troops or slowly chop down my troop. At no time my hand was reveal.

You couldn't buy stuff to begin with. Though a similar note. The ability to replay the campaign with the same character without having to restart the character would be amazing
Well this game was advertise as MMO so kind of feels empty without a starting town where you can purchase beginner equipment & potion

Oh if you want another compliment. The most fun race I have is vennen. It's kind of deck I thought of for War of Omen, poison other players deck. I love how it can be game breaking with 100+ spider in play.

Which reminds me.

Need a better way for Vennen and shin'hare to declare blocker when they have a lot of troops on the board. Trying to make sure group of 5 all are blocking can be frustrating experience.
Need a better way to show attack/blocker relationship when there are more than 7 troops. With all the line crisscrossing it's hard to tell who is attacking/blocking who

Charm
04-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Here is an example of history of what happen would be beneficial

I was playing against of Heart of Phoenix. All the sudden all her action are casting twice or affecting multiple target? Each time I had 2-3 troops on the field, she cast a single ragefire or crackling bolt and it would removed all my troops. I look at her crypt, troops, and abilities nothing could explain why her single target spell is wiping out my entire troops

Oddly my next play through terrain effects burned her to death.