PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Like to Aggro (Set 4 Spoiler)

ossuary
03-30-2016, 05:59 AM
Here's a fun little card to cause some destruction in the enemy ranks... or just smash their face in! ;)

http://i.imgur.com/7gcWxAc.png

pyrovoice
03-30-2016, 06:03 AM
that would be so strong in shadow on Innistrad x)

Koz
03-30-2016, 06:05 AM
This is actually a good ANTI-aggro card...

Catalonia
03-30-2016, 06:09 AM

what shadow are you talking about?

nice card, its an unempowered cannon volley xD

ossuary
03-30-2016, 06:13 AM
This is actually a good ANTI-aggro card...

Also true! It's looking more and more like we'll see a solid R/S control deck make its way up the ranks, with all the action-based focus we've seen in Set 4, as well as the existing fun you can have with things like Archmage Wrenlocke. Cleave would indeed put a serious kink in any aggro deck's early board.

Showsni
03-30-2016, 06:46 AM
I wish it had Empower...

wolzarg
03-30-2016, 07:56 AM
I wish it had Empower...
I honestly feel like its balanced to have it normally i think this would cost 2

kindmime
03-30-2016, 08:12 AM
This card not really an aggro card if it was exactly like cannon volley it would be much better. You cannot stack the 1 dmg though onto 1 target or champion. ie: do 2 dmg to opp face and 1 to a target troop.

ossuary
03-30-2016, 08:16 AM
We'll have to see, I'm actually not sure on that.

kindmime
03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
As of the hex invitational and the way its still worded it did and seems to work that way. I do agree though the wording is ambiguous maybe a "different" thrown in there would help clarify.

Now if it changed that would be awesome, still expensive for 3 dmg but much better.

bootlace
03-30-2016, 08:40 AM
You cannot stack the 1 dmg though onto 1 target or champion. ie: do 2 dmg to opp face and 1 to a target troop.

Yea the "up to X" cards you usually have the select the targets all at once so you can't target the same card more than once. This is still VERY strong in limited, wrecks a lot of the R/D aggro decks as well as the B/D spirit decks and also deals with Spiders well too - if that wasn't enough it's Quick meaning you can get even more value out of it through smart blocks. Will be first picking this a lot.

Catalonia
03-30-2016, 09:06 AM
As of the hex invitational and the way its still worded it did and seems to work that way. I do agree though the wording is ambiguous maybe a "different" thrown in there would help clarify.

Now if it changed that would be awesome, still expensive for 3 dmg but much better.

think of it as 3 dmg for 3, i dont find it expensive. you have skewer (3 for 3) and crackling bolt (3 for 2, but at basic speed)

poizonous
03-30-2016, 10:16 AM
I am fairly certain you can deal two damage to 1 target and 1 damage to another target with this card

Thand
03-30-2016, 10:18 AM
I am fairly certain you can deal two damage to 1 target and 1 damage to another target with this card
If that's the case, then why isn't it phrased the same way as Cannon Volley?

hacky
03-30-2016, 10:18 AM

This is not true. The targets have to be different for cleave: you select all three targets at once, and can't select a target twice.

Vorsa
03-30-2016, 10:41 AM
Very nice little common for chipping away wounded troops - wouldn't be surprised at some B/R card that amplifies pinging several targets, too.

Magician
03-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Just to clear up some confusion on this card for everyone:

Cleave may target "up to 3 champions and/or troops" and then we run the effect the power has, "deal 1 damage" to those targets.
Such that, for Cleave, you can select 0-3 targets, and then Cleave will deal 1 damage to each of those targeted champions/troops. As such, because all the targets are chosen simultaneously, you may not choose the same target multiple times.

In the case of Cannon Volley (Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.<p><p>Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.<p><p>Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.), the line breaks denote a new power. So we have 3 instances of "burn", for each instance of the word target (in each of the 3 powers) you select a target. That target does not need to be the same across different powers, which is why you can deal 4 damage to a champion and 2 to a troop, or all 6 damage at one champion or troop.

TL;DR

For each power with a target, you select a target that may or may not be different from the first. Thus, cleave has 1 power, and can only target each thing once. Cannon Volley has 3 powers and may target something once for each of its 3 powers.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion!

pyrovoice
03-30-2016, 12:46 PM
btw Magician, is it possible to divide damages with the current build ? I don't remind any cards doing multiple selection of the same target for added efficiency

Saeijou
03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Just to clear up some confusion on this card for everyone:

Cleave may target "up to 3 champions and/or troops" and then we run the effect the power has, "deal 1 damage" to those targets.
Such that, for Cleave, you can select 0-3 targets, and then Cleave will deal 1 damage to each of those targeted champions/troops. As such, because all the targets are chosen simultaneously, you may not choose the same target multiple times.

In the case of Cannon Volley (Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.<p><p>Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.<p><p>Deal 2 damage to target champion or troop.), the line breaks denote a new power. So we have 3 instances of "burn", for each instance of the word target (in each of the 3 powers) you select a target. That target does not need to be the same across different powers, which is why you can deal 4 damage to a champion and 2 to a troop, or all 6 damage at one champion or troop.

TL;DR

For each power with a target, you select a target that may or may not be different from the first. Thus, cleave has 1 power, and can only target each thing once. Cannon Volley has 3 powers and may target something once for each of its 3 powers.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion!

thanks for the clarification :)

YourOpponent
03-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Silence! We do not speak of that game let alone the set releases of it!