PDA

View Full Version : Crossover 3

gabfer
03-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Hi guys,
Can somebody helping me understand the meaning of give a card?
For example Lightning Lad has a description of giving a card cost 4 or less...

Give a card to a foe?
Give a card was mistyped as get a card?
None of the above?

I don't get it... sorry

Thank you!

Fernando.

StormKing
03-30-2016, 08:35 AM
You give it the Time Travel keyword.

gabfer
03-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Sorry it might be crystal clear for you but I don't understand the wording of giving in this situation. You wrote give it the Time Travel Keyword. I still don't understand! Please keep in mind that in your case you might be very familiar with the terminology but I'm not. See me as a new person trying to understand the whole concept. I love this game, expansions and crossover but I just don't get the wording of giving and to whom?

Can you explain it with an example if you can or have time?

Thank you!

gerrymul
03-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Read the Crossover 3 instructions for more on Time Travel. At it's essence, the words "time travel" on a card allow a player with that ability listed on their oversize hero card to use it from the lineup during their turn providing certain conditions are met. It becomes unavailable for purchase during that turn if they use it, but can be very helpful to give a boost that one turn. There are also some cards that reference the keyword "time travel" and give you other benefits like +1 power for each time travel card you control.
If you have played the base set or Heroes unite, it's similar to the Emerald Knight or Granny Goodness cards that when you play them it lets you play a card in the lineup that matches the type described. In this case however, you can give the required condition to any card that meets the criteria.

Matt_Hyra
03-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Another way to read it:

"Choose a card in the Line-Up with cost 4 or less. That card has Time Travel this turn."

So you "gave" that card TT.

gabfer
03-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Thank you I believe I get it now! :)

gabfer
03-30-2016, 10:18 PM