PDA

View Full Version : Old dungeons...

Sixlooter
03-31-2016, 06:24 AM
I just went through a few really old news announcements and found the following two particularly interesting. Especially the artwork of the dungeons was already amazing. In fact I like this drawn stuff more than the animated. I guess the animated is more easy to change if you want to skip or add an encounter.

However I hope we will see em soon ;)

https://www.hextcg.com/adventure-awaits/
https://www.hextcg.com/dungeon-crawl/

And here a few impressions:
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/HEX_ASSET_14.jpg

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3-DreamBear.jpg

Taqo
03-31-2016, 08:03 AM
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/KrakensGold.jpg

Kraken, Slaughtergear and Dinosaurs vs squirrels are some other known upcoming dungeons. Personally looking most forward to the slaughtergear dungeon, hoping we can get some new slaughtergear troop from it.. :)

Sixlooter
03-31-2016, 08:09 AM
There will be a slaughtergear dungeon? Hm...if the totally overprized slaughtergear cards will be available for farming there?
Is there a pricture available?

Taqo
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
There will be a slaughtergear dungeon? Hm...if the totally overprized slaughtergear cards will be available for farming there?
Is there a pricture available?
"The overprized slaughtergear cards" wont be available as drop from the dungeon. Can almost 100% guarantee that. It would make as much sense as dropping legendary pvp cards from pve, wont happen as it would ruin the value of the cards.
No picture of it yet :)

Salverus
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
https://www.hextcg.com/the-krakens-lair/
https://www.hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/

there is 2 more links, also showing the kraken dungeon.

Fred
03-31-2016, 08:21 AM
These dungeons definitely can't make it before we have mercenaries in the game. A 14-nodes dungeon to traverse with a single deck and only 3 dungeon lives... that would be harsh.

Khazrakh
03-31-2016, 08:27 AM
These dungeons definitely can't make it before we have mercenaries in the game. A 14-nodes dungeon to traverse with a single deck and only 3 dungeon lives... that would be harsh.

Why is that? The mercs won't offer extra lives, only more available decks to use and some passives to boost your main deck.
My Devonshire farming deck rarely ever loses a match and if it does it's almost always against Wiktor because he sometimes just gets out of control too fast if he goes first. We also already have Frost Ring Arena where you have to do 15(20) nodes with only 3 lives :)

hex_colin
03-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Why is that? The mercs won't offer extra lives, only more available decks to use and some passives to boost your main deck.
My Devonshire farming deck rarely ever loses a match and if it does it's almost always against Wiktor because he sometimes just gets out of control too fast if he goes first. We also already have Frost Ring Arena where you have to do 15(20) nodes with only 3 lives :)

The current plan is that the Mercs don't offer extra lives per se, but if you use them and they die, you don't lose a life.

Khazrakh
03-31-2016, 08:38 AM
The current plan is that the Mercs don't offer extra lives per se, but if you use them and they die, you don't lose a life.

Ah alright, didn't know that. That makes them quite a bit better than I thought.
Thanks for the update Colin!

knightofeffect
03-31-2016, 08:49 AM
Colin, are the plans for dungeons still as expansive as the above examples? I have kinda assumed the nature of the AZs has taken away from the focus on really large and complex dungeons (IE alternate wincons, hidden encounters, etc) as the first release simply didn't have anything nearing that scale. Wikktor was the closest, but he is still only a handful of encounters when it is all said and done.

hex_colin
03-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Colin, are the plans for dungeons still as expansive as the above examples? I have kinda assumed the nature of the AZs has taken away from the focus on really large and complex dungeons (IE alternate wincons, hidden encounters, etc) as the first release simply didn't have anything nearing that scale. Wikktor was the closest, but he is still only a handful of encounters when it is all said and done.

There are definitely still large and expansive dungeons. And there are definitely plans for alternate wincons, hidden encounters, etc. The dungeon concept I presented to the team has all of those! :)

KingGabriel
03-31-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm still waiting for Squirrel Titan vs Dinosaur dungeon...

ossuary
03-31-2016, 09:15 AM
I can't wait to go through a 2 hour dungeon slog of 20+ encounters, to end up with a single uncommon card and 2 pieces of equipment I already have 90 copies of. ;)

Seriously though, while I am super SUPER excited to get my hands on more PVE content and more dungeons in particular, I hope they re-evaluate how much stuff drops from them, in particular the crazy ratio of cards to equipment (since you will want up to 4 copies of any given card, but will never want more than a single copy of any piece of equipment for yourself). If Cory really wants legendary equipment to be the chasiest stuff in the game (his words), then equipment needs to drop less and cards need to drop more. ;)

knightofeffect
03-31-2016, 10:03 AM
I can't wait to go through a 2 hour dungeon slog of 20+ encounters, to end up with a single uncommon card and 2 pieces of equipment I already have 90 copies of. ;)

Seriously though, while I am super SUPER excited to get my hands on more PVE content and more dungeons in particular, I hope they re-evaluate how much stuff drops from them, in particular the crazy ratio of cards to equipment (since you will want up to 4 copies of any given card, but will never want more than a single copy of any piece of equipment for yourself). If Cory really wants legendary equipment to be the chasiest stuff in the game (his words), then equipment needs to drop less and cards need to drop more. ;)

Yea, I really think the current loot structure of dungeons could really use some work. The overall replayability of campaign is pretty high due to all the cool interactions of race/class combos, race specific reward triggers, and 1st time character completion bonuses (AZ packs and extra dungeon packs). However actually replaying a dungeon itself is a pretty punishing experience. Ancedotally I seem to be getting a rare for every 8-12 dungeon packs and a legendary, well it actually hard to tell, but it seems to be somewhere in the 20-25 range.

That results on hours invested with very little to no return. I know Hex has previously provided an unsustainable rate of f2p value, but getting the same uncommon from 6 consecutive dungeon packs is pretty discouraging and that is coming from a benefactor of the DC perk. :)

parogui
03-31-2016, 10:54 AM

Well I think that one reward per dungeon pack isn't set in stone. I guess large dungeons in further areas will give packs with more content and gold rewards will go up akin to arena, at least I certainly hope so.

Sixlooter
03-31-2016, 11:13 AM

/signed x1000

Salverus
03-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Whenever you complete a puzzle, navigate a trap, or defeat an encounter, you gain momentum. Your momentum directly increases the rarity of the final encounter’s reward. You could choose to head directly for your final objective, and receive a healthy pile of gold, a new magical trinket, and a new card. If you fully explore the dungeon, however, you might get a mountain of gold, an artifact, and a much more powerful troop for your deck.

this is also a quote from one of the articles.
AKA you dont have to complete all nodes, but if you do, reward is better.

Seraph_Hex
03-31-2016, 12:55 PM
some other known upcoming dungeons.

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HEX_ASSET_31.jpg

Don't forget about this one.

Sixlooter
03-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Lol now again I am fixed on new PVE content ;) I am curious how long it will take after set 4 until the PVE stuff. I like though that due to the policy to also later change PVE stuff, they don't need to test everything until death before putting it out.

wolzarg
03-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Lol now again I am fixed on new PVE content ;) I am curious how long it will take after set 4 until the PVE stuff. I like though that due to the policy to also later change PVE stuff, they don't need to test everything until death before putting it out.
This is only mildly true you still want to putt out a quality product but you are correct that they could for example putt out a slightly overtuned fight that they have trouble pulling back without trivializing it and the taking the play data to fix the problem easier.

madar
04-01-2016, 07:44 AM
this is also a quote from one of the articles.
AKA you dont have to complete all nodes, but if you do, reward is better.

I wonder if this is implemented with the dungeons what we have?

Zantetsuken
04-01-2016, 07:52 AM

We already do! It's called Arena.

The fights and bosses in Arena are strongly tuned but with the easier campaign fights, I can totally see us doing long 14-20 node dungeons with a single deck and 3 dungeon lives. We already do that on a regular basis when farming arena, often without losing a single life, against enemies MUCH harder than the campaign ones.

Our decks are only going to get stronger in AZ2 and we have all these juicy class abilities that we lack in arena too.