PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Why is Hex not published via Steam?

Al_Z_Heimer
04-04-2016, 02:01 AM
It helped a lot of new games to become popular, when they are published on Steam. Why is Hex not on Steam?

Khazrakh
04-04-2016, 03:18 AM
Well obviously HXE has the last word in that but I can at least state my personal opinion.

Steam is great if you want to bring your game to a wide audience at once, get as many sales as possible and than move on to your next game. Hex is not a game like that. Hex can (and hopefully will) go on for years and years to come. Personally I hope to play it for the rest of my life. The business model of Steam just doesn't fit for Hex and vice versa. Actually Hex would probably end up with a mixed rating and a lot of people rating it negative because they think it's pay to win after having played it for 0,1 hours.

Hex doesn't need to grow fast, it needs to grow gradually as times goes by because it has (or can have) a traction that almost no other game out there will ever have. Not saying we don't want everybody and their dog to play Hex, but in the end you're looking to get those players invested in Hex that stay with it and keep playing set after set and AZ after AZ.

Salverus
04-04-2016, 03:25 AM
this might help
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48374&page=19&p=562012&viewfull=1#post562012