PDA

View Full Version : Update patch notes up?

Hawke
04-07-2016, 01:12 AM
When HEX start to put update path notes before update actually takes place? Or am I missing something?

Mejis
04-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Where are you finding said patch notes?

Mejis
04-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Ah. Here they are.
https://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/en-us/client-patch-notes/

Loonknight
04-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Usually I just launch the game client and hit patch details around patch time to see them personally. This time they were up earlier than usual, which I'm not against.

GobBluth
04-07-2016, 01:33 AM
Ability to disable combat shake!!!!!!!!

nickon
04-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Let's make HEX some money on short notice:

An in-game browser will now launch when you purchase Platinum

Ai ai ai, plat nerf incoming for EU players!! Stock up now!! :eek:

nickon
04-07-2016, 01:48 AM
PS: Oooooooooooowh that Dream deck nerf :eek:
And are they ditching the "Escalation" keyword?

Khazrakh
04-07-2016, 02:16 AM
PS: Oooooooooooowh that Dream deck nerf :eek:
And are they ditching the "Escalation" keyword?

Looks like they do - would love to know the reasoning behind that.

happy_meal
04-07-2016, 02:34 AM
No fixes for the stability issue when playing frost ring arena?
Better auction mail, good. but they still end up in the main mailbox? hate that thing ;P

But alot of good fixes, me liike

Gregangel
04-07-2016, 02:34 AM
Let's make HEX some money on short notice:

Ai ai ai, plat nerf incoming for EU players!! Stock up now!! :eek:

That won't change nothing technically. So that's not a thing that augur price changes

nickon
04-07-2016, 02:35 AM

I hope it doesn't mean that they won't print new escalation cards in the future... I like escalation and would love to see more. Speaking of which, what about Empowered Escalation cards? Hmmmm goodie goodie!

PS: Trees! No trees in the patch notes, we wants them badly... :D

Lisa89
04-07-2016, 03:48 AM
ps: Oooooooooooowh that dream deck nerf :eek:
And are they ditching the "escalation" keyword?

RUINED KappaRoss.

05K4R
04-07-2016, 07:16 AM
- Indefinite modifiers no longer get applied when copied
- Copies now respect turn modifiers that the card copied had

Does this mean that they change the rules for how Copy works, or am I reading it incorrect? Do they not set the duration of copied modifiers to permanent anymore?

Turboflex
04-07-2016, 07:26 AM
I don't see anything about fixing reversion not working for effects like flaring passions and incubation webs?

Aradon
04-07-2016, 07:39 AM

Does this mean that they change the rules for how Copy works, or am I reading it incorrect? Do they not set the duration of copied modifiers to permanent anymore?

That's what I'm reading. If you have a 1/1 that's getting buffed by a Bucktooth Commander to a 2/2 and you copy it, the copy will be a 1/1 that is also buffed to a 2/2, and if you Wild Growth a 1/1 to a 4/4 and copy it, the copy seems like will also be a 4/4 until end of turn.

I could be misreading that, but that was my impression.

MaximumSquid
04-07-2016, 07:52 AM
I think I have been patching for over an hour. . .

Anyone else taking this long?

Caldera
04-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes, i killed the patching after an hour or so. Seemed to maybe be doing the same things over and over again.

EDIT: Restarted PC after killing the patch, as anything-internet-related was not working correctly. Then ran patch again, and it completed just fine within a few seconds.

Crota
04-07-2016, 08:07 AM
So sad about my enter the dream deck...

It was not the most efficient deck to play and farm but I understand why it was needed...

Thoom
04-07-2016, 09:04 AM
That's what I'm reading. If you have a 1/1 that's getting buffed by a Bucktooth Commander to a 2/2 and you copy it, the copy will be a 1/1 that is also buffed to a 2/2, and if you Wild Growth a 1/1 to a 4/4 and copy it, the copy seems like will also be a 4/4 until end of turn.

That's my impression as well. Copy finally makes sense.

Cernz
04-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Nibbler still bugged ;( since set2 launch ;p

Shinjica
04-07-2016, 09:43 AM

So you can stop farming gold

IronPheasant
04-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Because keywords are supposed to shorten and simplify understanding of cards. Which isn't really accomplished when there are only five cards in question that work that way instead of dozens.

Further they're probably retiring that specific implementation. New escalating cards would have "put into yer deck" instead of "shuffle".

Empowered Escalation cards

This guy has some wonderful ideas about things.

Fred
04-07-2016, 11:55 AM

That would be very sneaky though. They promised that they would never nerf a card, or at least a PvP card. However, by changing the rules like that, they are effectively nerfing every card that creates copies, without actually changing the card itself.

IronPheasant
04-07-2016, 12:30 PM
They already nerfed Battle Hoppers so the edges aren't safe

Tazelbain
04-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Copies never seemed like a fully baked idea. And copied uniques clobbering the original makes no sense.

Fred
04-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Copies never seemed like a fully baked idea.

The ruleset for copies was actually explained in much details in an article back in August (https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-do-you-copy/). Rule #2 for a copy is (or rather was) "Copies get all modifiers that the copied card had, except all of these modifiers are kept with a permanent duration."

Edswor
04-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Also we are now in version 1.0.0.057 (If I remember correctly last version was 0.99.xxx).

sukebe
04-07-2016, 03:53 PM

I am fairly certain they are referring to things like Heart of the Wrathwood that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control. Before, if you copied that troop when you had 6 resources out it would be a 6/6 that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control.

05K4R
04-08-2016, 04:08 AM
I am fairly certain they are referring to things like Heart of the Wrathwood that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control. Before, if you copied that troop when you had 6 resources out it would be a 6/6 that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control.

Yeah I think so too, but this made sense from the rules that they stated about Copy, it wasn't a bug.