PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantly surprised at what I saw in chat with regards to new players.

Antfunk
04-11-2016, 03:41 AM
So after taking a bit of a break I logged in last night to play around with the new promo cards. There seemed to be a lot of new players in chat. Chat was so busy I could hardly even keep up with reading it all. What was really nice was that all these new players were saying what a great experience they were having and how much they rated the game :). The Nobles were doing such an awesome job as always so big shout out to them as ever :).

One common thing I noticed is that people don't realise just how good the AH is, for example the ability to buy booster packs with gold so I pointed that out. Another common thing was not understanding legality of PvE cards in PVP etc. These new players are buying play to going off conversations I had so that's awesome as well. I tend to mail set one booster packs to the new players I have had good chats with as well as I feel that gives a good experience although I felt a bit like a drug dealer as we all know how addictive it can be opening packs hehe.

One thing I think would be really helpful is advertising the Primal Pack proc chance as people were also clueless about that and it is such an AWESOME thing.

Overall just wanted to say how nice it was an show it made me feel really enthused about the awesomeness of Hex all over again after taking a break. I cannot begin to imagine how crazy it is going to be with set 4!

Mejis
04-11-2016, 04:02 AM
So after taking a bit of a break I logged in last night to play around with the new promo cards. There seemed to be a lot of new players in chat. Chat was so busy I could hardly even keep up with reading it all. What was really nice was that all these new players were saying what a great experience they were having and how much they rated the game :). The Nobles were doing such an awesome job as always so big shout out to them as ever :).

One common thing I noticed is that people don't realise just how good the AH is, for example the ability to buy booster packs with gold so I pointed that out. Another common thing was not understanding legality of PvE cards in PVP etc. These new players are buying play to going off conversations I had so that's awesome as well. I tend to mail set one booster packs to the new players I have had good chats with as well as I feel that gives a good experience although I felt a bit like a drug dealer as we all know how addictive it can be opening packs hehe.

One thing I think would be really helpful is advertising the Primal Pack proc chance as people were also clueless about that and it is such an AWESOME thing.

Overall just wanted to say how nice it was an show it made me feel really enthused about the awesomeness of Hex all over again after taking a break. I cannot begin to imagine how crazy it is going to be with set 4!

Great post and great to hear.
I've mentioned a few times in threads that there really needs to be some in-game description (e.g. on card zoom-in, during campaign etc) of what distinguishes a PvE and PvP card, legality etc.

Antfunk
04-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Completely. I really think they need to advertise Primals more. It's such a fantastic perk. I was chatting to one new player and he said he buys all his boosters off the store because the proc chance is far worth more than the play saving. Everyone has different thoughts.

Antfunk
04-11-2016, 04:29 AM
On a side note, after not being online for a it I loved all the new changes to sounds/fm graphics and layout and such with new tips. The store looks really cool for example!

Kami
04-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Beware the Apple Pie in chat. It's a trap. :stormcloud:

But yes, the community overall is pretty good so far. Hope we can keep it up!

Catalonia
04-11-2016, 06:52 AM
i hope they dont feel bad for opening set 1 packs when flashback drafts come back

Elwinz
04-11-2016, 06:56 AM
MOstly but when i saw yesterday new player said that game need balance and he quits . He wasnt complaingin about reese or VK it was about wolsy wabibit . LOL

Kami
04-11-2016, 06:59 AM
MOstly but when i saw yesterday new player said that game need balance and he quits . He wasnt complaingin about reese or VK it was about wolsy wabibit . LOL

I remember a player asking about it but I don't think that was yesterday... unless it escalated since the last time I saw it. ^^;

Xenavire
04-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Beware the Apple Pie in chat. It's a trap. :stormcloud:

But yes, the community overall is pretty good so far. Hope we can keep it up!

A tasty, tasty trap...