PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network Deck-Building Game Q&A

shadowking01
04-16-2016, 04:21 PM
With Joy Virus' effect in the cartoon network set if your cards do not match do you keep drawing until the cards match and what do you do once they do? Do you draw all the revealed cards? Do you discard them? Do you reshuffle your deck?

Matt_Hyra
04-16-2016, 04:52 PM
You draw until the card you drew matches the card type revealed off the top of your deck.
Once you do reveal a match with the card you just drew, you stop and the card you revealed remains on top of your deck. But the card you drew is already in your hand.

shadowking01
04-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I get that but what about the cards drawn before you get a card that matches do you just pick those up, if so that seems a bit op.

Matt_Hyra
04-18-2016, 05:24 PM
The cards drawn are already drawn and in your hand.

Yup, it's good!

101arg101
04-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Okay, There's a few things.
1. The site's loading http://forums.cryptozoic.com/clientscript/ckeditor_config.js?v=422&t=B8DJ5M3 over http and it's causing a mixed content error. That needs to be fixed.
2. Joy Virus is just as badly worded as Maelstrom Wanderer (MtG).
3. Do cards that lack a type always fail to match, do they always not match and allow you to draw, or do they match with other non-typed cards?
4. When you say you match with the card you just drew, and you match like this: Starter -> Super Power -> Starter, do you keep going or do you match the revealed cards with the original one?

This comes from drawing my entire deck on the first time playing Joy Virus. We immediately said "this is too overpowered" and made it so that it will always fail when revealing an Inside Joke (or any other non-typed card).

Matt_Hyra
04-21-2016, 02:39 PM
1. What is that URL you are trying to access?
2. Draw >> Reveal. Put revealed card back on top and the card you drew in hand (and is no longer part of the process). If match, stop. If not, Draw >> Reveal, repeat.
3. No card type always fails to match.
4. Drawn cards are only matched to the linked reveal. The 1st draw only looks at the 1st reveal. If you don't match, the 1st reveal becomes the 2nd draw, and is only matched against the 2nd reveal. Repeating the process means the entire process, not just extra reveals all being compared to the original draw.

If there is a better way to explain it, or proposed errata without adding 10 more words, please post it!

101arg101
04-23-2016, 02:47 PM
1. The mixed content error is showing up on this page when I'm using HTTPS (it's probably going to show up on all the other forum pages too).
4. Joy Virus is pretty self explanatory. We just realized it's too overpowered when you can draw your entire deck early game without building for it. If you add reminder text that cards without types always stop Joy Virus, that should be enough.

Atmoz
04-23-2016, 07:44 PM
But type less cards don't stop joy virus. They fail to match. Joy virus stops when they match.

101arg101
04-23-2016, 09:35 PM
When I use the word "fail" I mean the card suddenly "breaks" and stops working. Like putting a slice of pizza in a coin slot. It don't do dat.

Take this scenario: you buy nothing but Inside Jokes, a few cards to get rid of your starters and weaknesses, and when it shows up a Joy Virus. You will always draw your deck, and always buy the Nemesis every turn.

You need a lot of work to get that extreme scenario to work correctly, but it's just something that feels awkward about the game.

Matt_Hyra
04-24-2016, 01:51 AM
Like everything else, it is just one card in the deck. And if you want to stick it to the player who bought the Joy Virus, there are plenty of ways to do that...

rauhr2002
04-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Question: Should the Weakness stack be face-down? Otherwise players can tell if they want the weakness before deciding to defend...

Matt_Hyra
04-29-2016, 05:36 PM
It's face up! That way you know what's coming and you can decide if you can live with it or should use a Defense.

ParadigmBlitz
05-23-2016, 01:15 AM
There was a play in a game I played yesterday in which the event card where everything is lava came up on my turn, and in an effort to be devilish, I played The Hammer card and forced them out of their chairs. One guy was able to jump from his chair and stand on the couch, but the other 2 guys weren't so lucky and took 2 weaknesses overall. Sound like a totally legal and legit play?

Matt_Hyra
05-23-2016, 10:33 AM
There was a play in a game I played yesterday in which the event card where everything is lava came up on my turn, and in an effort to be devilish, I played The Hammer card and forced them out of their chairs. One guy was able to jump from his chair and stand on the couch, but the other 2 guys weren't so lucky and took 2 weaknesses overall. Sound like a totally legal and legit play?

Sounds perfect!

batsy4963
06-02-2016, 05:40 PM
is this game goood

Masterkaos
10-29-2016, 03:00 PM
hi guys, im from Panama, and we are playing this new game, and i have a question:
if i have Gem Fusion, Pearl, Punchies, Punchies, Punchies

1. play those 3 punchies first
2. play gem fusion drawing 2 cards
3. play pearl

how many power i have?
did pearl get +4 power for her and gem fusion or only +2 power?

Masterkaos
10-30-2016, 10:04 AM
hi, i have another two questions:
1. Backwards Belts says:"If this is the first card you play this turn, discard your hand. Put up to 5 Equipment cards from your discard pile into your hand. Otherwise, +3 Power."

i have 3 punchies, backwards belt, pratfall. play first 1 punchies and later backwards belt.
will i do the effect of backwards belt?

2. Left Arm Twins. says:"For the duration of this turn, your left arm must now do what the player to your right's left arm does. The first time you slip up, gain a Weakness"

can only do with the player or they can take cards from my discard pile or ongoings locations?

Matt_Hyra
10-31-2016, 10:35 AM
hi guys, im from Panama, and we are playing this new game, and i have a question:
if i have Gem Fusion, Pearl, Punchies, Punchies, Punchies

1. play those 3 punchies first
2. play gem fusion drawing 2 cards
3. play pearl

how many power i have?
did pearl get +4 power for her and gem fusion or only +2 power?

Gem Fusion is not a Gem Card Type; It's just a Super Power. So Pearl gets no bonus from it. Pearl would just be a +2 Power.

Matt_Hyra
10-31-2016, 10:38 AM
hi, i have another two questions:
1. Backwards Belts says:"If this is the first card you play this turn, discard your hand. Put up to 5 Equipment cards from your discard pile into your hand. Otherwise, +3 Power."

i have 3 punchies, backwards belt, pratfall. play first 1 punchies and later backwards belt.
will i do the effect of backwards belt?

2. Left Arm Twins. says:"For the duration of this turn, your left arm must now do what the player to your right's left arm does. The first time you slip up, gain a Weakness"

can only do with the player or they can take cards from my discard pile or ongoings locations?

1. You just get the +3 Power, as the Punchies was the first card you played.

2. You just do the motions of what they are doing. You don't play any cards or have any game function. The person you are copying doesn't get to do anything their cards would not allow them to do. As the copier, you should not pick up cards when the player to your right picks up cards.

mpelton86
01-07-2017, 10:54 PM
First off I LOVE this deck builder it has some nice differences from the others you make but I was wondering if there was a plan to make an expansion to this because my game group and I feel that the event cards make up a little to much of the deck. Plus we were really hoping to see Power Puff Girls and/or Ed, Edd, and Eddie in this set.

Matt_Hyra
01-08-2017, 10:56 AM
First off I LOVE this deck builder it has some nice differences from the others you make but I was wondering if there was a plan to make an expansion to this because my game group and I feel that the event cards make up a little to much of the deck. Plus we were really hoping to see Power Puff Girls and/or Ed, Edd, and Eddie in this set.

We have an expansion in the works right now!

mpelton86
01-09-2017, 02:28 PM

AWESOME! I am very excited for that

LexLuthorJr
01-12-2017, 03:17 PM

Any chance we could get an Adult Swim expansion? I've love to see Rick & Morty, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Metalocalypse.

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Any chance we could get an Adult Swim expansion? I've love to see Rick & Morty, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Metalocalypse.

There is always a chance...

nolabelsonlyme
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Do female and male heroes count as different card types?

Matt_Hyra
07-11-2017, 11:07 PM
No. They are both Heroes, but they have different subtypes.
See page 3 of the rulebook with all the different cards. That spells out the types in the game.

nolabelsonlyme
07-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Thank you. There was some confusion with the wording when it was describing the male/ female part.

dagcool
09-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Regarding the Nemesis that puts a card on everyone's head: Does that end as soon as the Nemesis is defeated or when someone drops their card?

Matt_Hyra
09-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Both.

BatgirlNo.6
09-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Has the Crossover Crisis game been reprinted? I ask because I want to be sure I'm getting the Dee Dee promo.

shadowking01
12-09-2017, 03:50 AM
Is there a card list for the new game because I seem to be missing one event card according to the rulebook but I know for certain that I didn't lose it, it just was not there when I went to sleeve it yesterday

Matt_Hyra
12-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Is there a card list for the new game because I seem to be missing one event card according to the rulebook but I know for certain that I didn't lose it, it just was not there when I went to sleeve it yesterday

There are 8.
Award Show
Crossover Special
Extra Ingredient
Fan Fiction
Ham it Up
List Off
Share the Wealth
Staredown

Make sure there aren't 2 cards in 1 sleeve...