PDA

View Full Version : Containment Unit Rule Idea i came up with.

stevenbiggie
04-27-2016, 07:16 AM
I came up with a way to integrate the Containment Unit into the game in some way so here's what I came up with. As you know when you close the last gate in a scenario, all other ghosts on the board are pulled back into the spirit world before the gate closes except for the boss ghost of the scenario your playing. Sometimes you might have some ghosts that were trapped left over that you have not yet deposited into the spirit world. My idea is that you can put any left over trapped ghosts into the Containment Unit and get and extra experience point. It does not matter how many ghosts you have captured you still get only 1 experience point unless you are the one that trapped a boss ghost in which case you get 2 experience points instead. these points can be added before the next scenario in a campaign. So what do you think. If anyone Likes my idea or can see any ways to improve on it please let me know your ideas. Happy Bustin!

twolfe
04-29-2016, 08:54 AM
I came up with a way to integrate the Containment Unit into the game in some way so here's what I came up with. As you know when you close the last gate in a scenario, all other ghosts on the board are pulled back into the spirit world before the gate closes except for the boss ghost of the scenario your playing. Sometimes you might have some ghosts that were trapped left over that you have not yet deposited into the spirit world. My idea is that you can put any left over trapped ghosts into the Containment Unit and get and extra experience point. It does not matter how many ghosts you have captured you still get only 1 experience point unless you are the one that trapped a boss ghost in which case you get 2 experience points instead. these points can be added before the next scenario in a campaign. So what do you think. If anyone Likes my idea or can see any ways to improve on it please let me know your ideas. Happy Bustin!

I would make it that every ghostbusters, other than winston, get 1 xp per 3 levels of ghosts. Winston, gets 1 xp per 1 level of ghosts.

In general, i would say not use this because you dont normally get xp for putting ghosts into the ghost world. Leveling was based on this fact. If you want to make the game easier go ahead. Also people will be pricks and hold onto ghosts for your new rule, when they need to deposit ghosts.

If you use your level 1 to its potential leveling should not be a problem.

stevenbiggie
04-29-2016, 05:29 PM
@Twolfe Thanks for the Input. Right now this game Mechanic is just an idea I'm playing around with. just thought it would be a fun way to get a little extra XP. and at the same time bring the containment unit into the game somehow.

stevenbiggie
04-29-2016, 05:42 PM
@Twolfe Also with my rules you are not getting bonus points for depositing leftover ghosts into the Ecto-1's Dimensionometer. the bonus points are only gained after you close the last gate of a scenario, in which case all ghosts except some boss ghosts are sucked back in to the spirit world. then if after that has happened if you still have any trapped ghosts that have not been deposited into ecto-1's Dimensionometer, you can instead return to the firehouse and deposit them into the Containment unit for the bonus points. Remember though that trying to hoard ghosts to get those bonus points might cause you to also lose the game so there is some risk involved.

twolfe
05-02-2016, 09:29 AM
@Twolfe Also with my rules you are not getting bonus points for depositing leftover ghosts into the Ecto-1's Dimensionometer. the bonus points are only gained after you close the last gate of a scenario, in which case all ghosts except some boss ghosts are sucked back in to the spirit world. then if after that has happened if you still have any trapped ghosts that have not been deposited into ecto-1's Dimensionometer, you can instead return to the firehouse and deposit them into the Containment unit for the bonus points. Remember though that trying to hoard ghosts to get those bonus points might cause you to also lose the game so there is some risk involved.

Yep, i still say use the point system i previously stated. This makes it so that winston's level1 doesnt go out the window and it helps cut back on people hoarding ghosts and making the game harder. But, that is my opinion.

stevenbiggie
05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
I'll keep it in mind Twolfe thanks for the suggestion.