PDA

View Full Version : A bizarre rules question in regards to the Rookie copying another Rookie

Brandon_the_Wut
05-06-2016, 05:12 AM
If there are two Rookies on the board and they are setup as follows: Rookie 1 is within line of sight of Rookie 2. Rookie 2 is within line of sight of Egon. Egon is NOT within line of sight of Rookie 1. Could Rookie 1 use his level 2 ability to then copy Rookie 2's level 2 ability to then copy Egon's level 2 ability?

I feel the answer to this is probably a resounding "No, that's not how that works, go away you silly person!" but I just wanted to ask. :D

Scott_Dufficy
05-06-2016, 08:12 AM
I feel like it would be a no, since Rookie's ability would really be taking the wording of another GB card and putting it as his own ability for that turn, so you'd be back where you started and having to target a GB within your own LOS. Also, since it is not Rookie 2's turn, he's not actually targeting Egon for his ability, unless his wording allows you to use the ability for the entire round, I don't have his card with me at the moment.
That's only my thought process behind it though, I could be wrong!

twolfe
05-06-2016, 08:56 AM
My logic says you would be copying the copy ability, not the COPIED ability. The copied ability is not permanent, which would imply, the rookie's ability is to copy and not the copied ability. Which means you can only copy the copy ability. Do you copy?

Brandon_the_Wut
05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
My logic says you would be copying the copy ability, not the COPIED ability. The copied ability is not permanent, which would imply, the rookie's ability is to copy and not the copied ability. Which means you can only copy the copy ability. Do you copy?

It's essentially a LOS question. I already know the copied ability doesn't stick around. I already think it is a big no. I just wanted to discuss it a little. I'm just trying to get a tactical advantage, but the rules were already prepared for many silly shenanigans such as this!