PDA

View Full Version : Game timing rulings help

Jmesa2
05-22-2016, 01:18 AM
So cards we need help with are aquaman trident, Saturn queen, parallax, and dark knight.

Aquaman trident states "you may put any one card you buy or gain this turn on top of your deck."

Dark knight states " gain all equipment in the line up. Then if you played or have played catwoman this turn, you may put a card you bought our gained this turn into your hand. "

Saturn queen states "you May time travel this turn without paying discard costs."

Parallax states "Double your power this turn"

Rulebook states that on page 5 "when you play a card, it's game text resolves immediately."

We are having issue with game text "this turn."

So I play aquaman trident and others cards. I have not bought or gained anything yet. Then I buy a card. Do I get to put that card on top or do I miss timing of effect?

Same with dark knight, I played cards then dark knight and catwoman. I didn't gain anything yet (no equipment in line up). Then play the rest of my hand. Then I buy a card, so I get to put that card into my hand or do I miss timing?

Saturn queen is first card i play, do I have to time travel now when I play her or is it for whole turn, playing other cards then time travel later without discarding?

Parallax can I play first then double each card afterwards or do I have to play last to double power?

Thank you for reading and hope to get an answer.

Matt_Hyra
05-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Note the tense on Aquaman's Trident. It doesn't say "bought or gained," so it is looking to the future. You may place a card you later buy or gain on top of your deck.

Dark Knight specifically looks forward and backward for Catwoman. So if you play her later in the turn, you may retrieve a card and put it into your hand.

Saturn Queen and Parallax are setting up conditions for the entire turn. They are modifying other things. You don't have to play Parallax last to get the effect.

Jmesa2
05-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Thank you very much.

unclebill
06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Ok, good to know. Along the same lines, how about Starro and other cards that don't specifically say?
I play Starro and everyone reveals their cards. I have to play or pass on each of these cards before I play another card from my hand. So where are (what zone) these revealed cards? I'm thinking that the un-selected and not yet played cards are still on their respective player decks until they are selected and played. However, after playing them (in your in-play zone) when do they return to their original stacks? Immediately after playing, Immediately after all of Starro's cards are played, or at the end of your turn?
The reason I ask is that later in your turn, other cards may reference cards that you have played this turn. Am I correct that only those cards that are still in your play-zone are eligible and those cards that are in other zones are not accessible as played cards?

Matt_Hyra
06-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Since it does not say to return them immediately, you return them at end of turn. That is the default when nothing is spelled out.

The cards remain with their owners until played, so you can't "get credit" for them while they are waiting to be played.

unclebill
06-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Got another timing question. Oversize Aquaman.
"You may put any cards with cost 5 or lessfor you buy or gain during your turn on top of your deck."
I realize the oversize aquaman power is "always on" but the question here is more about when you buy/gain. So, immediately as you buy the cards, later in your turn (perhaps after buying other cards) but before end of turn, or just at end of turn? all? I'm thinking more and more that the conditions that let the oversize power work, only trigger occasionally during a turn so by that for Aquaman, only immediately after when a card is bought or gained. Please confirm.

aoineko
06-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Got another timing question. Oversize Aquaman.
"You may put any cards with cost 5 or lessfor you buy or gain during your turn on top of your deck."
I realize the oversize aquaman power is "always on" but the question here is more about when you buy/gain. So, immediately as you buy the cards, later in your turn (perhaps after buying other cards) but before end of turn, or just at end of turn? all? I'm thinking more and more that the conditions that let the oversize power work, only trigger occasionally during a turn so by that for Aquaman, only immediately after when a card is bought or gained. Please confirm.

It's immediately after you buy the card.

unclebill
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Would that also apply to Aquaman's Trident?
"You may put any one card you buy or gain this turn on top of your deck."

BenJazz
06-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Would that also apply to Aquaman's Trident?
"You may put any one card you buy or gain this turn on top of your deck."

Note the tense on Aquaman's Trident. It doesn't say "bought or gained," so it is looking to the future. You may place a card you later buy or gain on top of your deck.

It does work the same. You will have to make that choice when the card is bought or gained later on your turn.