PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Deck Builder question

TanisFrey
06-05-2016, 11:50 AM
We played two games last night and question arose from each.

1) When playing the triple game (ie playing each game in order and totaling up the VPs) in impossible mode and we fail to eliminate the final archenemy in a set. Does anyone earn points?
We counted points and added them in because we failed the FotR and RotK.

2) When playing the mixing of the three sets, the heroes come from the two towers and we are using the ring board from the third game. Do we pull out the one ring for Frodo?
His card is useless with out it. We side stepped this issue by having no one playing Frodo.

Matt_Hyra
06-05-2016, 06:17 PM
1. If you are playing the epic game, I would still count points. Would be too depressing to play that long and then have no winner.

2. Better to just not use the Fellowship Frodo oversized Hero card. Everyone should have some access to The One Ring. If you pull out T1R from the later 2 sets, that wouldn't be as much fun.

TanisFrey
06-05-2016, 09:57 PM
1. If you are playing the epic game, I would still count points. Would be too depressing to play that long and then have no winner.

2. Better to just not use the Fellowship Frodo oversized Hero card. Everyone should have some access to The One Ring. If you pull out T1R from the later 2 sets, that wouldn't be as much fun.
1) That is what we did.

2) I was talking about the Frodo from the Two Towers. Should the one ring that sits above the path be pulled so Frodo (Two Towers) special card actually get something to grab.

2a) Since the books suggestion of using the maneuvers from fellowship, should we also grab the maneuvers that play around with the One Ring from Two Towers, Also?

Matt_Hyra
06-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Yes, The One Ring should be there so Frodo 2 can get it and other things can get it as well.

Using just one set's Maneuvers is just a quick way to do it. Since you are trying for a more thematically Ring-centered game, it would be nice to have more Ring cards available.

rauhr2002
06-06-2016, 01:55 PM
When playing Fellowship: Impossible mode, If a player is eliminated from the game by the final nemesis, do they still count their victory points or do they automatically lose the game?

Matt_Hyra
06-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Out of the game means you died. You don't count victory points.