PDA

View Full Version : Call For GenCon 2016 Volunteers

Matt_Hyra
06-09-2016, 03:12 PM
2016 GEN CON VOLUNTEER CALL
Cryptozoic is looking for volunteers to demo our games at our booth at Gen Con. Gen Con will be held August 4th - 7th, 2016 at the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indianapolis IN.

Here are the requirements:

Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be able to work ALL DAY during the entire event.
Must be friendly and have a positive attitude.

The sponsorship application window will close at end of day Monday, June 27th.

There will be 2 types of sponsorship for this event:

Partial Sponsorship (Hotel & Badge Only) – Will be provided a shared hotel room checking in August 3rd and checking out August 8th.
Badge Sponsorship - This is for those that have their lodging covered and only need a badge.

Hotel Info:

If you receive hotel sponsorship, you will be sharing a hotel room with at least one other person working the event.
Spouses, friends, volunteers, players, significant others are not permitted.
Your hotel will be paid for starting the day before the event and last until the day after the event.
If you wish to stay longer or arrive earlier, you must arrange for this yourself.

What is NOT paid for (partial list of common assumptions):

Food (Each person will receive either lunch or one small stipend each day).
Airfare, parking, taxi fares, bus fares, gas, etc.
Additional room costs (room service, movies, laundry, etc).

Volunteers who work the entire event will receive the following gift package:

4-day Gen Con badge
$20 lunch stipend per day worked (an hour for lunch)
$50 retail allowance per day worked (to be used towards any CZE product)
Exclusive set of 2016 volunteer only promo cards
1x exclusive volunteer playmat
Dinner with staff on Sunday

Anyone that is interested (or if you have any questions) should email volunteer@cryptozoic.com and include the following information:

Name
Level of sponsorship you require - Partial or Badge
Shirt size
Date of birth
Complete mailing address and phone number
Events you have worked at for Cryptozoic
Emergency contact information and drug allergies

Please make sure to include "2016 Gen Con Volunteer" in the subject line.

Mac_Apple
06-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Just applied! Hoping to finally meet you guys! ^_^

BenJazz
06-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Of course... GenCon is the same weekend I am getting married. I don't think my fiancée is going to give me a reprieve if I miss my own wedding (though it's temping to ask lol). Here's hopping for next year!

Nidian
06-17-2016, 04:57 PM
What kind of work would volunteers bee doing and what hours. "ALL DAY" can mean a lot of different things based on the scheduling of other events at Gen-Con.

Either way I will be at the convention and hope to meet with some of the staff and possibly get some cards signed.

Matt_Hyra
06-17-2016, 11:32 PM
All day is around 8:30am to 6pm. Doing demos is the thing.

Mac_Apple
06-19-2016, 03:41 PM
What will the expected schedule for volunteering be like? If I'm selected, I plan to help all four days, so I'm curious about what I'm getting myself into. XP

Matt_Hyra
06-19-2016, 04:59 PM
All 4 days, around 8:30 to 6. Demoing new games.

Tamahome
06-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Really tempting, has to be all 4 days? Darn.

midnight_rider
06-22-2016, 10:11 PM
If only Gen Con was still in Milwaukee. I'd do it for sure.

Bardoly
06-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Are y'all only looking for volunteers for all 4 days? Or is 1, 2, or 3 days an option?

Matt_Hyra
06-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Just 4 day.

Bardoly
06-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. Hopefully you can answer another question.

So what time on Thursday, would y'all expect to for the volunteers to arrive by? And what time on Sunday would the volunteers be leaving?

Matt_Hyra
06-25-2016, 12:32 AM
Most folks show up Wednesday night and leave Monday morning.
Though leaving Sunday at 7pm is fine.
If you can't arrive until Thursday, then 8am would be preferred.

If you have timing issues, please mention them when you email.
I don't have all the details/permissions.

Mac_Apple
06-26-2016, 05:33 AM
I live in Indianapolis and I'm taking that weekend off from work, so I'll just be commuting to it daily. Should I show up Wednesday night to get shirts, discuss the plans, etc, or is that just going to happen Thursday morning?

Matt_Hyra
06-26-2016, 07:28 AM
I live in Indianapolis and I'm taking that weekend off from work, so I'll just be commuting to it daily. Should I show up Wednesday night to get shirts, discuss the plans, etc, or is that just going to happen Thursday morning?

Use the email provided and ask there. I don't have all the details. I just reposted it.

Mac_Apple
07-30-2016, 10:21 PM
Use the email provided and ask there. I don't have all the details. I just reposted it.Hi Matt,

I know you said you didn't have all of the details, but every time I've e-mailed that address, it just made another "ticket" on a site called kayako. I haven't received any replies, confirmation, or information about how or when I will receive a badge. Do you know who I should contact?

Matt_Hyra
07-31-2016, 12:59 AM
I will forward this post to the person in charge.

Erebos
07-31-2016, 10:48 PM
I will forward this post to the person in charge.

All spots were filled a few weeks ago. Everyone that applied should have recieved an email letting them know if they were selected or not. If you did not receive an email, check your spam folder since our emails tend to end up there.

Mac_Apple
08-01-2016, 04:58 AM
I don't see it. I contacted the e-mail provided almost immediately after Matt posted it. I live in Indiana so I won't need my boarding payed for and I already requested time off from work expecting to be doing this. Are you sure my name isn't on the list?

(Leslie) Dalton Duncan

Matt_Hyra
08-01-2016, 02:17 PM
I guess the internet gremlins got the better of us.
Those chosen were contacted weeks ago so they could start making plans.
Dangerous to make the plans before getting the nod.

Mac_Apple
08-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, that's a shame. :(

I purchased a ticket for Saturday, so either way I'll see you guys there!

Matt_Hyra
08-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Well, that's a shame. :(

I purchased a ticket for Saturday, so either way I'll see you guys there!

See you there...

MStreva89
09-09-2016, 06:09 AM
Does anyone have an image of what the Cryptozoic 2016 Volunteer Hero promo looks like? Very curious as to what it is this year.

Nidian
09-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Same. I have yet to even know what they are much less find a person to trade with or buy from.