PDA

View Full Version : Rick and Morty: Total Rickall Card Game Questions Thread

BenJazz
06-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I thought I would start up a thread for the Rick and Morty: Total Rickall Card Game questions.

I'll start: Say you have 3 green character cards on the table. One of them has had an "I've Known You for 15 Years" played on it so the Identity Card has been revealed and you do not shuffle the Identity Card when other cards say to. If I have a green "Summer" card in my hand, can I select one of the green characters along with the other green character who has its Identity Card revealed so I do not change the Identity Cards of the characters (due to 15 Years' no shuffling restriction) or do I have to select the two green characters whose Identity Cards have not been revealed?

Basically, can characters with revealed Identity Cards due to 15 Years be selected for shuffle actions if there is an alternative character available to be selected?

Matt_Hyra
06-26-2016, 11:39 AM
You can choose the 15 Years revealed card and not shuffle.

Clavaat
07-06-2016, 09:20 AM
According to the rulebook, if you shoot a character with a Real Identity, you must discard a card. In parentheses, it says "This is how you can end up with fewer than 3 cards." So that player is now at a disadvantage for the rest of the game, with only 2 cards.

Now, let's say a Jerry or Mr. Poopybutthole card is played. Can that player go back to 3 cards every round?

And by that token, if everyone has 3 cards in their hand, and MPB is played, does everyone have 4 cards for the rest of the game? (barring a Real shot of course)

I am led to believe this is the case because of that original clarification, and the fact the rules never make any other mention of how many cards must be in your hand during the duration of the game. Only, you must draw a new Action after playing an Action.

Any clarification on the above points would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Matt_Hyra
07-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Any gain or loss of cards is a permanent new hand size, until a card changes that.
So you can down to two, then a couple of Jerrys later you have 4 in hand.
Indeed, you do not need to discard cards for having more than 3 in hand.

Clavaat
07-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Fantastic, that's how we were playing, but I just wanted to make sure since it wasn't explicitly stated in the rules (that I could find). Thanks!

sdfain
07-23-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm probably an idiot and am just missing this in the rules, but what happens when any of the decks are depleted. Do we reshuffle and keep going or did e lose?

Matt_Hyra
07-23-2016, 11:49 PM
If the Action deck runs out, reshuffle it.
If either of the other decks run out, the game ends. See the rules for the specific end of game procedure.

sdfain
07-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks, that's what we figured. Love the game, and can't wait for the Meseeks box game

SpiritDetective
09-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Is this game going to be restocked? This item is only available from third-party sellers.

Matt_Hyra
09-20-2016, 09:46 AM
It will be, yes. It will just take a month or two to get back into stores.

statphantom
09-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Just curious, when Frankenstein monster gets shot for the first time, do you then reveal or peek at the identity at all? or only when shot twice and dies?

Matt_Hyra
09-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Just curious, when Frankenstein monster gets shot for the first time, do you then reveal or peek at the identity at all? or only when shot twice and dies?

Only look after the second shot.

statphantom
09-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Thought so, that is how we have been playing. By the way, just wanted to say thank you for this awesome game, it's fun, unique, cheap and really feels like a Rick and Morty game, the references to the show are amazing and accurate. :D

Matt_Hyra
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Thought so, that is how we have been playing. By the way, just wanted to say thank you for this awesome game, it's fun, unique, cheap and really feels like a Rick and Morty game, the references to the show are amazing and accurate. :D

Glad you like it!

evan8913
02-13-2018, 11:35 AM
I have several questions about the game.

First, can I use Summer to peek at a player's identity in advanced mode and do thee shuffle ?

Second , can I use Summer to peek at myself and a character on the table in order to fulfill the requirement of TWO characters
(For instance, I (Green Character ) use Green Summer to peek at myself and a Green Character on the table

Plus , can I use Summer to shuffle two players' identites

Third, if there was no character for Jerry to shuffle, can I still choose a player to draw a card?
Plus, can I choose "myself" to draw a card?

Thanks a lot! Your games are awesome!
Your sincere customer from Taiwan

Matt_Hyra
02-13-2018, 12:05 PM
Yes, you can choose a player's character with Summer.
Yes, you can peek at your own character with Summer.
Yes, two different players' characters are legal with Summer.

Yes, even if Jerry has no targets, someone still gets to draw a card.

Thanks for the love!

evan8913
02-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Thanks a lot! By the way, can I pick myself to draw a card? (Jerry)

Edit:
Plus, do players' characters still functional?
For instance, if my character is Mr. Poopybutthole and I am real , will the team lose if someone shoot me?

Moreover, I am confused about the ability of Mr. Beaurgard .
If I have "Is something wrong, Beth" can I use it to shoot Mr. Beaurgard and replace the card with other cards?
1)change to Blue Beth and shoot
2)use other cards (will it still function?

Sorry for too many questions!

Matt_Hyra
02-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Yes, you can pick yourself for the Jerry draw.

Yes, characters still function as usual, including Mr. PB.

Mr. Beau simply lets you play another card from your hand, and then draw a new card to "replace" it. By replace, we mean replacing it as an entity in your hand, not switching anything out.

We love questions!

evan8913
02-14-2018, 01:04 AM
So if I have to shoot Mr. Beau to death, two shooting cards are necessary?

Mr. Beau simply lets you play another card from your hand, and then draw a new card to replace it.

I did not get it. Where should I draw a new card from ?

Moreover, if I use "Bitch of a sister" can I just shoot one character even if there are two characters that fit the color?

I am just writing an instruction in Chinese form so there may be more questions in the future. Thanks again!

Matt_Hyra
02-14-2018, 01:13 AM
No, it doesn't take 2 to kill Mr. Beau. You just get to play another card. You draw from the main card deck.

Bitch of a Sister must shoot 2 Characters if there are 2 targets.

evan8913
02-14-2018, 01:20 AM
I get it !!!

evan8913
02-14-2018, 01:35 AM
Another question, if the player is the parasite and get shot. He or she will quit the game and become the real team,right?

At dinner table, if the player who is on the parasite team got shot ,will he or she become the part of real team or not?

evan8913
02-14-2018, 01:47 AM
Moreover, when revealing the information , can I tell or lie to anyone about what is in my hand but not show it to anyone?

Matt_Hyra
02-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Another question, if the player is the parasite and get shot. He or she will quit the game and become the real team,right?

They don't quit the game. They just permanently Real and don't even have a card anymore.

At dinner table, if the player who is on the parasite team got shot ,will he or she become the part of real team or not?

No. You don't get a new Identity card at the Dinner Table. You are stuck with whatever you were at the time.

danimhab
03-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Has anybody heard anything about an expansion pack for Total Rickall? Possibly new characters?

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Has anybody heard anything about an expansion pack for Total Rickall? Possibly new characters?

Nothing like that planned so far. Which characters from the episode would you like to see?

danimhab
03-14-2018, 08:34 PM
*Ideally, other characters not mentioned in the game that are in the episode.
- Logical nazi in the submarine, Mr. Sun with sunglasses, Caveman, Sasquatch, Sombrero man, Giant chinese desk kitten, Monkey astronaut, Nun, Girl scout, Rastafarian man, Peanut in a propeller hat, and Shakespeare.
-
*Having more characters with stipulations

For the dedicated fans:
*Repeating characters- Bird person, Squanchy, Meseeks (repeats in the background of episodes), Principal Vagina (no relation), Jessica, and Mr. Goldenfold.
*Others: Scary Terry, Snowball, Beebo, Abradolf Lincler, and other Ricks (possibly as wild cards). :)

henneph
03-26-2018, 05:32 PM
if you know, that there's only humans left on the table, do you then have to shoot one of them, to continue the game? i've only played the basic version so far

Matt_Hyra
03-26-2018, 05:45 PM
if you know, that there's only humans left on the table, do you then have to shoot one of them, to continue the game? i've only played the basic version so far

Nope! You can call for an End of the Game. If at least 50% of the players agree, you end the game and reveal the IDs in the middle of the table. If they are all Real, you win!

santizzle
04-16-2018, 06:46 PM
I have a couple of questions.
If the “You can’t kill me” card is played does that card give a player a free shot at a character? Does it only work on players that have played an action card with a shooting ability (so if there are no shooting cards played that nothing would happen)? If no one played a card that allows them to shoot then can “You can’t kill me” force a player to use a shooting card from their hand?

Depending on answer above but If “You can’t kill me” doesn’t give a player a free shot at a character then what happens if a player played “Me too” and it copies “You can’t kill me”? Will the person who played “me too” take control of the shot or both players decide together who gets shot or will it make it so a person that has played a shooting card be able to shoot twice?

My group was also wondering about the text on Tinkles: “Tinkles may be shot if she were all the colors”, whether she was actually a wild character that could be shot with any card or if she needed a white card to be shot.

Matt_Hyra
04-17-2018, 12:14 AM
In no case does it ever matter whether or not a player has played a shooting card.

You Can't Kill Me is a shooting card, but you choose another player to do the shooting. They do not play another card. They take the shot that TCKM gives them.

If you copy YCKM, then you choose a player to take the free shot. The person you choose also chooses the target.

She can be shot by Red, Blue, and Green Beths is what is means. Any color card can shoot her.