PDA

View Full Version : Batman's coffin

unclebill
09-10-2016, 04:10 PM
The oversize Batman card from the Crisis-1 deck says, "Once during each of you turns, if you have played two or more equipment, you may choose a player. That player discards his hand, and then draws one fewer cards than he discarded."
To put the last nail in the coffin for situations like this, does this mean that this effect is use or loose and only at the time you play an equipment card? After playing your second equipment card, you may not play other non-equipment cards and then use this effect.

I see this like X-Ray. You must choose the card for X-ray when you play X-Ray and then immediately play the selected card. (And not wait till later in the turn to play it.) I assume this also applies to many other cards such as Starro, Granny Goodness, etc. The selected cards must be used immediately.
Agree?

Matt_Hyra
09-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Batman is a full-time in play card. Therefore it is worded differently than X-Ray Vision. Batman may be used at any time during your turn after playing 2 Equipment. Use it whenever.

unclebill
09-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Ok, lets talk Batman. The point here is that you may use the batman effect only upon playing an equipment card. For example, lets say I have already played two or more equipment and then play a hero. I'm assuming that I can not then use the batman effect at that time and must wait until I play another equipment card. In one of my game groups, its been argued otherwise.

LexLuthorJr
09-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Ok, lets talk Batman. The point here is that you may use the batman effect only upon playing an equipment card. For example, lets say I have already played two or more equipment and then play a hero. I'm assuming that I can not then use the batman effect at that time and must wait until I play another equipment card. In one of my game groups, its been argued otherwise.

Batman only cares if two Equipment were played during his turn. It does not matter at all when they were played. Batman could play two Equipment and then three Heroes. He would then try to use his effect: Did he play two Equipment? Yes. The effect can then trigger targeting any player.

The bottom line is that all Batman needs to do to is play two Equipment. After that, his ability can be used any time during his turn.