PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Titan Questions and Rulings

Matt_Hyra
11-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Please post your questions here!

Errata: The card Heroic Sacrifice says you can destroy a Hero for a Power bonus. It should have read Ally.

SpiritDetective
11-21-2016, 11:21 AM
If you play Marco Bodt, does the "pay 1 less" effect apply to the spaces you move to as well or only the space where you first played Marco Bodt?

Matt_Hyra
11-21-2016, 12:39 PM
If you play Marco Bodt, does the "pay 1 less" effect apply to the spaces you move to as well or only the space where you first played Marco Bodt?

Any space you occupy.
If we wanted it to be just the current space, it would read: "...in this space."

Wendybird
11-23-2016, 02:18 AM
I am not completely clear on the Swing Away card ability. I know if it is used to defend an ambush by an archenemy/Titan on Attack card, draw a card. But what does it mean by "Otherwise, defeat that Titan"?

Matt_Hyra
11-23-2016, 11:32 AM
I am not completely clear on the Swing Away card ability. I know if it is used to defend an ambush by an archenemy/Titan on Attack card, draw a card. But what does it mean by "Otherwise, defeat that Titan"?

It is shorthand for: "If you avoided a non-Archenemy Titan, defeat that Titan." So the card you avoided goes away.

SpiritDetective
11-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Is Jean Kirschtein +Power for Move generated this turn or Move remaining (Move Generated - Move Spent)?

Matt_Hyra
11-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Is Jean Kirschtein +Power for Move generated this turn or Move remaining (Move Generated - Move Spent)?

Total Move generated.

Mac_Apple
12-02-2016, 08:11 PM
For the Titan who destroys all cards in a District, does he destroy Locations there too?

If I am Armin or at the Old Survey Corps HQ and I draw a Wound, can I pass it before playing it? The Wound states it has to be played before other cards but it doesn't mention activated abilities of cards.

In single player, if an NPC strandee is at a Wall that gets destroyed, where does it go?

Can a player choose not to take any Wounds and let a Wall be destroyed while they are in the same space as the Titans?

Matt_Hyra
12-02-2016, 11:33 PM
For the Titan who destroys all cards in a District, does he destroy Locations there too?

No

If I am Armin or at the Old Survey Corps HQ and I draw a Wound, can I pass it before playing it? The Wound states it has to be played before other cards but it doesn't mention activated abilities of cards.

You fully resolve whatever you are doing before you have to play a Wound. So if you are told to draw a card and discard a card, you must discard first. If you discard a Wound, great!

In single player, if an NPC strandee is at a Wall that gets destroyed, where does it go?

Off board, then back on board on your next turn.

Can a player choose not to take any Wounds and let a Wall be destroyed while they are in the same space as the Titans?

Yes

Mac_Apple
12-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Thank you, but I think I need to clarify the second question.

Here's a situation.

Armin Arlert shares a district with Erin Yeager. Armin Arlert plays a Wound, then two Thrust cards. He then plays Thomas Wagner to draw a card, and he draws a Wound.

The Wound states that it must be played before other cards. However, using Armin Arlert's ability is not playing a card.

Can I pay 3 Move to pass the Wound before playing cards that turn?

Along that line of thought, can I choose not to play any cards in a turn to avoid dying?

Matt_Hyra
12-03-2016, 09:10 PM
"playing cards" is shorthand for "before proceeding with another game action, including ending your turn."
So, no, you can't use Armin's ability or hold them in hand.

Mac_Apple
12-08-2016, 10:41 PM
If Titans on Attack card Injure's Ambush kills me, do I still defeat the Archenemy Titan if I had enough Power?

If a Titan is put in play by Titans on Attack card Reinforcements, do I fully resolve that Titan's Ambush first? And again, if it kills me do I still defeat the Archenemy?

If Titans on Attack card Breakthrough destroys the Wall I'm standing on when attempting to defeat an Archenemy, do I defeat it before putting my standee back?

Can Mikasa defend with Swing Away from a Titan Ambushing an empty adjacent space to kill it (i.e. is that empty space still a "target")?

Can Mikasa defend target adjacent Wall token from the Titan (4-Meter)? Can she defend an adjacent card from Titan (8-Meter)? (i.e. Are Wall Tokens and cards "targets"?)

How does Attack-Defense order work against Ambushing Titans (like how it is determined against First Appearance - Attacks in DC)?

Is Pay Tribute's secondary effect required? Can I choose someone without a Courage?

Is Deviant Titan (10) a choice or am I required to discard a Move card?

Does Surprise Attack still "see" a 3D Gear if I put it back on the stack?

Does Titans on Attack card Crush also "see" a 3D Gear I put back and make me lose that Power?

Really enjoying this game, even without altered Wound text.

Matt_Hyra
12-09-2016, 09:52 AM
If Titans on Attack card Injure's Ambush kills me, do I still defeat the Archenemy Titan if I had enough Power?

No. See Page 12, first sentence of the Death section.

If a Titan is put in play by Titans on Attack card Reinforcements, do I fully resolve that Titan's Ambush first? And again, if it kills me do I still defeat the Archenemy?

Resolve that before the kill attempt. You die = fail at defeating.

If Titans on Attack card Breakthrough destroys the Wall I'm standing on when attempting to defeat an Archenemy, do I defeat it before putting my standee back?

Yes.

Can Mikasa defend with Swing Away from a Titan Ambushing an empty adjacent space to kill it (i.e. is that empty space still a "target")?

Yes and yes.

Can Mikasa defend target adjacent Wall token from the Titan (4-Meter)? Can she defend an adjacent card from Titan (8-Meter)? (i.e. Are Wall Tokens and cards "targets"?)

Yes all around.

How does Attack-Defense order work against Ambushing Titans (like how it is determined against First Appearance - Attacks in DC)?

Yes, like DC. In turn order.

Is Pay Tribute's secondary effect required? Can I choose someone without a Courage?

Not req. Can choose anyone.

Is Deviant Titan (10) a choice or am I required to discard a Move card?

Must discard the Move if able.

Does Surprise Attack still "see" a 3D Gear if I put it back on the stack?

Yes

Does Titans on Attack card Crush also "see" a 3D Gear I put back and make me lose that Power?

Yes

Really enjoying this game, even without altered Wound text.

Excellent!

Mac_Apple
12-14-2016, 10:57 PM
Can Cannon, Gunther, and Flintlock Rifle deal damage if the Move requirements for Bearded Titan and the running Deviant Titan arent met?

Matt_Hyra
12-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Can Cannon, Gunther, and Flintlock Rifle deal damage if the Move requirements for Bearded Titan and the running Deviant Titan arent met?

With Cannon and Flintlock ... yes, if you are inside the Wall.
Gunther, no. He can only do his damage in his space.

Allete
12-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Got the game recently and looking to make sure we play it right so have a few questions. With armored titan, does he always do 1 damage to the wall or only when there is someone on his space?

Also, just want to make sure i understand how death works in this game. Does having only 2 deaths end the game in a 4/5 person game or when there is no more characters to replace for those people dead.

Matt_Hyra
12-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Got the game recently and looking to make sure we play it right so have a few questions. With armored titan, does he always do 1 damage to the wall or only when there is someone on his space?

Always.

Also, just want to make sure i understand how death works in this game. Does having only 2 deaths end the game in a 4/5 person game or when there is no more characters to replace for those people dead.

Two deaths ends the game in 4/5 player games. Nothing to do with number of replacements.

SpiritDetective
01-03-2017, 02:51 PM
I am Mikasa. If I use Hannes to defend for my teammates in an adjacent district, will Hannes also defend everyone else in that same district?

Matt_Hyra
01-05-2017, 12:51 AM
I am Mikasa. If I use Hannes to defend for my teammates in an adjacent district, will Hannes also defend everyone else in that same district?

Yes, that works.

pytruong
01-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Just a couple of questions.

1) Can you Defend from Titan on Attack card's Ambush? Played it last night and we allowed the use of the Defense card to avoid the Ambush from it.

2) Need some clarification. Here's our scenario: Last night we got the Armored Titan. It started to break down the 2nd district (Wall Maria) and had 1 token left. We did our turn and everyone ended up at the same space as the titan. The Titan gets it's turn and the last token of Wall Maria is gone, wall falls (before doing it's 2 damage). Do we place the titan on the outside of the wall with the fewest card (Wall Sina, at the time) or have it start from the furthest wall (Wall Maria)?

It was a bad move on our part to leave everyone at the same space, we ended up resetting our hero's (putting back the standee on the hero card) once that wall fell and since the Armored Titan did not do it's 2 damage after the ongoing effect, it ended up at a wall with no defenders (we moved it to Wall Maria) and took down that wall also...

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Just a couple of questions.

1) Can you Defend from Titan on Attack card's Ambush? Played it last night and we allowed the use of the Defense card to avoid the Ambush from it.

2) Need some clarification. Here's our scenario: Last night we got the Armored Titan. It started to break down the 2nd district (Wall Maria) and had 1 token left. We did our turn and everyone ended up at the same space as the titan. The Titan gets it's turn and the last token of Wall Maria is gone, wall falls (before doing it's 2 damage). Do we place the titan on the outside of the wall with the fewest card (Wall Sina, at the time) or have it start from the furthest wall (Wall Maria)?

It was a bad move on our part to leave everyone at the same space, we ended up resetting our hero's (putting back the standee on the hero card) once that wall fell and since the Armored Titan did not do it's 2 damage after the ongoing effect, it ended up at a wall with no defenders (we moved it to Wall Maria) and took down that wall also...

1. Yes, please do.
2. Titans that knock down a Wall head towards the Castle, so it moves to the next closest to the main deck.

It takes a little bit of forward-thinking to beat the Armored Titan. He is basically the only Titan who can cause the Wall loss condition...

Mac_Apple
01-11-2017, 01:22 PM
1) In Solo play, it says when an Archenemy is defeated, put all Wounds in play back on the stack. Does that include Wounds on your supporting characters?

2) Still unclear on what order Ambushes happen in, and who can defend against what. Some Ambushes seem targeted and some seem general.

For Ambush order, it matters with Attacks like the one that says "Destroy an Ally in this district. Each who can't destroys an Ally in hand", because if there are two Allies in district, which players have to destroy in-district, and which players have to destroy from hand? If a player has Swing Away, can they defend "first" and make the Ambush irrelevant for everyone else? In general we've just been defending in any order, since the game's cooperative anyway, and it's been working naturally.

Who can defend against Titans on Attack cards? If you have a Defense that allows you to defend everyone, like Hannes, can you use it save someone else being hit by a specific Titans on Attack Ambush, like "Destroy a Maneuver you played this turn"? Can Mikasa pretty much always defend anyone in any situation in her protected area?

3) For the Ambush that makes you destroy an Equipment you played this turn, if I choose a 3D Gear I put back on the stack, do I then destroy it from the 3D Gear stack?

Matt_Hyra
01-11-2017, 03:29 PM
1. Yes
2. All Defenses are handled first, then resolve in turn order.
Anyone able to can defend against a Titans on Attack card. Hannes works like that. Mikasa is your best friend during a kill attempt.
3. No, you just lose the effect.

pytruong
01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Hey Matt_Hyra, thanks for the quick response.

On the topic of defending ambushes, I recall (@ work so don't have the cards in hand) that some cards have Ambush: "something" and then under it would have Four or more players(?): "something else." So, even if we defend the Ambush, the following 4 or more players still takes effect?

(I'll edit it to the correct card when I get home, if this is too vague)

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Hey Matt_Hyra, thanks for the quick response.

On the topic of defending ambushes, I recall (@ work so don't have the cards in hand) that some cards have Ambush: "something" and then under it would have Four or more players(?): "something else." So, even if we defend the Ambush, the following 4 or more players still takes effect?

(I'll edit it to the correct card when I get home, if this is too vague)

No, you block it all if you defend.

pytruong
01-19-2017, 01:27 AM
Another strategy clarification.

The use of Kill Shot. As long as I put the card in play while occupying a space with a Titan, I get the +7 Power. I do not necessarily have to use that Power, correct? Am I right to say, I can just store it and then move inside the wall and purchase another Kill Shot (or anything for that matter)? Thank you

aoineko
01-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Another strategy clarification.

The use of Kill Shot. As long as I put the card in play while occupying a space with a Titan, I get the +7 Power. I do not necessarily have to use that Power, correct? Am I right to say, I can just store it and then move inside the wall and purchase another Kill Shot (or anything for that matter)? Thank you

Yup, that works.

shadowking01
01-21-2017, 07:26 PM
If Archenemy titan makes it to the castle is it game over? Or does he destroy the last standing wall if he appeared further in?

Mac_Apple
01-22-2017, 01:20 AM
If Archenemy titan makes it to the castle is it game over? Or does he destroy the last standing wall if he appeared further in?If he destroys the wall furthest in, he moves backwards to the previous wall. May not make sense lore-wise, but it's how the game functions.

shadowking01
01-22-2017, 09:01 AM
K. thanks

shadowking01
01-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Also when adding cards every turn when the districts are full do you start left to right adding one row at a time if no cards are able to be cleared or is it like DC once its filled nothing gets added til there is an empty district?

aoineko
01-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Also when adding cards every turn when the districts are full do you start left to right adding one row at a time if no cards are able to be cleared or is it like DC once its filled nothing gets added til there is an empty district?

You still add cards even if each district has a card. Each district can end up with multiple cards. If all districts have an even number, you add to the district farthest from the main deck first.

haxteal
01-31-2017, 08:25 AM
All the districts have an equal number of cards, then two titans gets added.
The first titan goes to the furthest district, where would the 2nd titan added end up at? The same district as the first one or to the district before it?

Matt_Hyra
01-31-2017, 11:41 AM
All the districts have an equal number of cards, then two titans gets added.
The first titan goes to the furthest district, where would the 2nd titan added end up at? The same district as the first one or to the district before it?

The same District as the first one. Titans don't count towards the card count, so the tie remains.

shadowking01
02-16-2017, 03:30 PM
oh, this game, it feels at time like Dark Souls that no matter what you do you're going to die, but that may have had to do with me and my friends trying to keep all the walls up instead of letting a couple fall

Hitokirikenshin
02-18-2017, 12:12 PM
It is shorthand for: "If you avoided a non-Archenemy Titan, defeat that Titan." So the card you avoided goes away.

So if Swing Away is used, is that part of the text meaning to say,"The ambush is prevented" or is the Titan truly being defeated and removed from game?

Matt_Hyra
02-19-2017, 02:29 AM
The discard avoids the Ambush. The reward is defeating it.
So yes, it is defended, beaten, and removed from game.

Jolanxbl
02-20-2017, 10:59 PM
First off, it's awesome that you are answering questions from the community; Thanks for being there! :D

Question on Wounds.

Q.1a - card effects
The text on the card reads:
At the start of your turn, Discard a wound you control.

The text in the manual reads:
At the start of your turn, if you have any wounds in your hand, you must play all of them before playing any other card.

The way we played is if you have a wound already in play from the previous turn, that wound is discarded first (start of turn phase), and then the new wound is played during the Main phase.

Q.1b - When a wound kills you
When you gain a wound, it goes straight into your discard pile. The wording says when you gain a wound, place it directly into your discard pile. So, receiving a wound from a Titan uses the word gain to represent receiving it from its draw stack.

While you control a wound (in play), if you play or gain another wound, you die. So it sounds like if you have a wound in play in front of you, and you take any additional damage from a Titan, you instantly die, as you now have two wounds visible in front of your face.

However, instructions say gaining multiple wounds at once without any in place is okay, as they are not in play. So if receiving one wound which is not in play can be joined with a wound that is in play, why would receiving two wounds which are not in play be any different?

General rule in manual
Q.2 - Reshuffle rule is redundant?
"You don't reshuffle your discard pile and make it your new deck as soon as you run out of cards, however if you need to draw, discard, or reveal a card from your deck, immediately reshuffle your discard pile."
This rule seems redundant as you don't reshuffle your discard pile as a new deck unless you have to reshuffle your discard pile as a new deck.. :p.

Titans
Q.3a - Titan health vs armor (buyout cost, shield icon)
I watched a few videos and it sounds like after bringing the health to 0, we still have to (buy) the Titan in one shot to defeat it. Can 2 heros buy it out over 1 round, or does it need to be done by 1 hero in one giant shot? Female Titan has 15 on shield. 1 hero needs 15 power in 1 turn to defeat it? Sounds like without Kill Shot, the game is over once she appears :/.

Q.3b - Regeneration
Does an ArchTitan still regenerate if its HP is 0?

Q.3c - Deviant Titan
"While in this Titans space, you cannot deal damage to it greater than your move total this turn."
Does this include indirect damage like Cannon, or would I need to cross to the other side of the wall to deal the five damage?

Q.3d - Wall overkill
If a wall has one hit point, and an aArchenemy deals two, is the second damage after the wall is destroyed wasted, or does the Archenemy move to the next segment and deal the second point of damage?

Similarly, if there are more Titans on a wall segment than are required to destroy that wall, do the remaining Titans move over and deal more damage to more walls, or is all the damage they would deal for that round delt on that single wall, essentially overkilling it?

That's everything for us today :). Having played Star Realms was a big help to learning as their Deck Building mechanics are similar.

Matt_Hyra
02-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Q1a: Yes, discard current Wound, then play new one(s).
Q1b: The death effect is part of the Ongoing effect, and that only happens if a Wound is in play. If you gain 10 Wounds and have none in play, no death effect to reference. If you do have a Wound in play, the death effect is now primed and looking for any Wound to kill you.

Q2: Just trying to get the point across to people who might want to shuffle prior to needing a card.

Q3a: One giant shot from one player.
Q3b: Yes
Q3c: The Cannon is hampered by that effect if you share a space with the Titan. Move inside and fire for full effect.
Q3d: The second damage is wasted. All Titan damage is totaled up and applied only to their current Wall. They don't watch it fall and from others' effort and then deal theirs elsewhere. Read the last 2 sentences of the 2nd paragraph of page 10 of the rulebook.

Good questions. Sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Welcome to our forum!

Hitokirikenshin
02-25-2017, 05:14 AM
For solo play it states: "Each time you defeat an Archenemy, place all Wounds in play back onto the Wound stack."
Does this include Wounds in your discard and draw pile?

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2017, 09:10 AM
For solo play it states: "Each time you defeat an Archenemy, place all Wounds in play back onto the Wound stack."
Does this include Wounds in your discard and draw pile?

No. "In play" means only ones you have attached to your main and secondary characters.

andymo24
03-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Still confused on ambush and defense order. Earlier you said ambushes resolve in turn order. Is this the turn order carried over from the previous round? According to the sequence, ambush attacks from new titans come after the previous round but before a new turn order is established.

If a titan comes out and ambushes us and I am first in turn order and do not have a defense, but the next player to my left has a defense that can defend all players, can he defend for me or am I out of luck since ambushes must be resolved in turn order?

Titans on Attack: Smile - Add 5 to this Titan's cost this turn. Probably an obvious question but this means only this player's turn, not the entire round, right? So the next player in the round sees a different ToA and this +5 cost is gone?

Bearded Titan - while in this titan's space, you cannot deal damage to it unless you played Move 3 or more this turn. So if the first card a play this turn is a flintlock rifle (draw a card, deal 3 damage to an archenemy titan), and I start in this Titan's space, I would deal no damage?

Matt_Hyra
03-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Right. Since you haven't determined a new turn order yet, it follows the turn order for the last round.

He can defend for everyone. Everyone has a chance to defend in order, then the penalties happen in order.

Right. Turn = Player's turn.

Right. You should move inside the Wall, then you aren't sharing a space and can hit is no matter how much Move you have.

icegawd
05-07-2017, 03:23 AM
I'm curious on how the mechanics for Titan Trap work together with Armored Titan.

When Titan Trap prevent Titan's from dealing damage to a wall I assume Armored Titan's ongoing ability will still remove a token from the wall since it's not damage dealt?

I would also like to know more on how Defense works vs Ambushes. There are a lot of cards that will let you defend against an ambush. But from the three games I've played so far we've never felt the need to defend against ambushes. Either the ambush is not that big of a deal and it's way better to have a more powerful card in your deck or the ambush does something like remove a token from one of the walls. Because from what I understand you only evade the effect of the ambush that affects a Hero and not something that will target a non-titan card inside the walls.
When I built around Mikasa's ability to defend a lot I felt pretty useless the entire session and would have prefered just going for more 3d gear or stronger non-titan cards. So I figured either it's me misunderstanding a ruling or defending is just a really weak option unless you have the card that removes the titan if you defended against it.

Oh, and one last quick question. The rulebook says there's supposed to be 16 3d gear cards and I only got 15 in my box. Is that a typo or did we end up being unlucky and getting one less card in our box?

Matt_Hyra
05-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Correct. Titan Trap only prevents damage and the Collosal Titan isn't dealing damage.

You CAN defend against effects that are hitting a card.

Sounds like you got unlucky. If you sleeved your card, sometimes two get stuck together. If you still want one, you can contact our online CS portal.

icegawd
05-14-2017, 02:55 AM
I'll just keep on firing questions as they come up during our game sessions. These are still some of the top questions at the moment.

1. Question about Archenemy Titan effects, does the "On-going:" count as an ambush or does it always have to say "Ambush"?

2. Can you play multiple defence cards vs the same Ambush ability to be able to draw additional cards?

3. 3d-gear can be bought from any space, Can Ian give 3d-gear cards with his ability to give another player a card costing 3 or less?

aoineko
05-14-2017, 10:53 AM
1) It's only an Ambush if it specifically says "Ambush."

2) No, you can only use one Defense per Ambush. (Unless you are Mikasa.)

3) 3D Gear can be purchased from any space, but it is not actually in a District, so no.

icegawd
05-15-2017, 08:09 AM
(2) So Mikasa can play several Defense cards on an ambush even if the Ambush is only targeting a single non-titan card on the board?

New Question regarding effects that destroy cards that under a players control.

1) Do you always lose the benefits from destroyed cards that has been under your control?

2) How does this work together with returning 3d-gear to the pile so you can gain extra benefits. When does the 3d-gear disappear from your control and when do you have to activate the 3d-gear to gain it's benefits? Can it be commited to an Arch enemy Titan, removed because you want the benefits of extra Power for the take down and if there's a "Titan's on attack" card that removes equipment it's untargetable and you can't lose the benefits?

3) What happens if your own deck is below five cards and there's no cards in the discard pile?

aoineko
05-15-2017, 07:56 PM
OLD
(2) Only if there are multiple things being hit by the Ambush. So, if Mikasa is in the same District as another player and a Titan Ambushes that District to give each player a Wound she can defend herself and the other player.

NEW
1) In this game, yes.

2) You have to decide if you are going to return it when you play it. If you choose the 3D as the Equipment to destroy for the Titan's on Attack card you lose the Power, whether you returned the card or not.

3) You will draw all the cards you have left and end up having fewer than 5 cards in your hand.

Hitokirikenshin
05-20-2017, 02:30 PM
If you currently have a Wound on a hero by end of turn, and you draw a wound for the start of the next round, do you discard the current wound on the Hero first at beginning of turn? Or do you immediately play the one from hand, thus killing the hero?

Matt_Hyra
05-20-2017, 07:40 PM
You discard the current Wound from in play to your discard, then play the new Wound. This does not kill you.

Wondo
07-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but I have some tricky players...

If you begin the turn with 2 wounds in your hand... You must play them and die, or you can skip your turn, and not playing any card from hand?. The rules only say that you must play the wounds before any other card, but if you choose to not playing any card...

Matt_Hyra
07-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but I have some tricky players...

If you begin the turn with 2 wounds in your hand... You must play them and die, or you can skip your turn, and not playing any card from hand?. The rules only say that you must play the wounds before any other card, but if you choose to not playing any card...

There was not room on the cards to write out that you must play them.
So you can't end your turn with Wounds in your hand.

SpiritDetective
11-14-2017, 12:26 PM
If you are Mikasa, can you reveal Reiner Braun multiple times to defend everyone from one Ambush?

Blueduke38
08-28-2018, 12:20 PM
The Titan on Attack card "Steam" states:

"Add 3 to this Titan's cost this turn. If it is not defeated, it immediately regenerates twice."

I'm interpreting this to mean that I still have until the end of my turn to play additional cards to attempt to beat the new cost before the Titan regenerates twice (essentially I'm interpreting the sentence to be "If it is not defeated THIS TURN, it immediately regenerates twice"). Am I understanding this card correctly, or have I been misinterpreting it?