PDA

View Full Version : Rule Clarifications (from Teen Titans DC Deck Building set)

nelks
12-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Hello everyone. I am newer to the DC Deck Building game and am enjoying it a lot. As a newer player, I have run into some situations while playing that I was hoping for some clarification on. Any input on the below questions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do the oversized Super Heroes or Super Villains count as heroes or villains for cards that say "for each hero/villain you control..."?

2. If I use Match (Attack: Gain control of each Ongoing card that foe controls. At the end of turn, return each one still in play to that foe.) to "gain control" of a foe's ongoing card, can I then use Flight Wings (You may put cards you buy or gain this turn on top of your deck.) to put that card on top of my deck and keep it?

3. If I have The Colony location card (Ongoing: When you destroy a card, you may place it under this card. You may discard cards under The Colony as though they were Ongoing cards you control.) with five cards underneath, can I use Colony Suit (You may discard an Ongoing card you control. If you do, additional +2 power.) to discard all five for +10 power?

4. For cards like Tim Drake (Put a hero from your discard pile into your hand. Gain an equipment from the line-up.), if I do not have a hero in my discard pile would I still be able to gain an equipment from the line-up?

5. If i play Cinderblock (Draw a card. You may put a defense card from your discard pile on top of your deck.), can I put the defense card on top of my deck before I draw a card?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt_Hyra
12-23-2016, 11:21 AM
1. No
2. No, you did not "gain" them, you are borrowing them.
3. No, only one discard is allowed. It does not say to "discard any number"...
4. Yes, as it does not say "If you do..."
5. No. You must resolve cards in the order written.

gerrymul
12-23-2016, 11:28 AM
1. Nope - oversize are not considered to be 'hero' or 'villain' cards
2. Not to my knowledge
3. Colony Suit would only allow for 1 card to be discarded this way as I understand it
4. Yes
5. No, you must resolve card text in the order it appears. It is specifically worded with the period after the first instruction indicating that must be completed first before resolving any remaining text.

Aaaand Matt beat me to the punch.

Merry Christmas Matt!!!!

nelks
12-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Thank you guys! Your responses are very much appreciated. :)