PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone one else losing interest???

SasukeSama21
01-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Is anyone one else losing interest in the "DC" game due to lack of new content? I mean it's been over 10 Months since there has been any DC comics related content, and could be over 12 months before the next crossover pack is out. Maybe it's just me but, I haven't touched the game in over 3 months. I have no interest in the "AoT" or "CN" content, and I feel the game has started to go stale. My friends and I have started playing other games for the moment. I want to go back and play more, but our groups excitement has dwindled. They would rather play other games for now.

Mac_Apple
01-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Blame DC, not Crypto.

SasukeSama21
01-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Blame DC, not Crypto.

Didn't actually Say I blamed Anyone. Just posed a question.

Nidian
01-10-2017, 08:34 PM
I never expected them to release as much content as they did. For a while my wife and I had played a few games a day using every possible combination of expansions in crisis mode. Having a break for a while is probably a good thing. It keeps me from getting burnt out like I usually do with games like the Pathfinder card game that I cant even keep pace with buying everything. I stopped playing Pathfinder and don't intend to buy anymore but I still plan on picking up anything new that comes out for the DC Deck Building Game.

LexLuthorJr
01-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Nope. We still play all the time. We have every set, Crisis, and Crossover, and there are still some characters that I don't think I've played as! We're always trying out new combinations, challenges, scenarios, etc. There's plenty to do. We play other stuff, too, but this really is our go-to game.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love new content. Can't wait for all the new stuff planned out for this year!

GuruGuru214
01-11-2017, 02:25 AM
My group kind of burned ourselves out a bit. After months of playing multiple games every weekend, we needed a bit of a break. We still kick it out for a game or two every so often, but right now we're mainly playing Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy.

BenJazz
01-11-2017, 07:12 AM
... and could be over 12 months before the next crossover pack is out.

Isn't the Rogues Crossover Pack coming out this quarter?

Nidian
01-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Isn't the Rogues Crossover Pack coming out this quarter?

The last mention said end of March. So yeah.

SasukeSama21
01-11-2017, 08:15 AM
12 months since the crisis 3 expansion.

LexLuthorJr
01-11-2017, 10:45 AM
I guess I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Something new comes out and you play it all the time, then eventually your interest dwindles. That's what every game is like. Some games never have new content. You play a while, then put it away, then bring it out on a rainy day.

Are you just trying to coax Cryptozoic into making new content? I think they know we want more, considering how often we ask for updates on releases.

BenJazz
01-11-2017, 11:08 AM
12 months since the crisis 3 expansion.

I see now. Sorry, the wording you used made it sound like another set wasn't coming out until 12 months from now haha

SasukeSama21
01-11-2017, 11:16 AM
I guess I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Something new comes out and you play it all the time, then eventually your interest dwindles. That's what every game is like. Some games never have new content. You play a while, then put it away, then bring it out on a rainy day.

Are you just trying to coax Cryptozoic into making new content? I think they know we want more, considering how often we ask for updates on releases.

I'd be surprised if anything I did could get DC or Cryptozoic to move any faster. I'm just trying to see if other players are feeling the same way as myself. The forms have been pretty silent for the last few months. How many threads lately have gotten more than 10 posts in under 24 hours?

Carthain
01-11-2017, 12:13 PM
10 posts in under 24 hours? From my experience here - primarily the only ones that do that are threads asking rules questions. This hasn't been an overly active forum (the deck building forums here - dunno about other Cryptozoic forums) from what I've seen.

For myself and my friends - we play other games, but we still enjoy pulling this out. And I'll combine cards from different sets to have a different play experience even without any new expansions (which is the primary reason I have as much of it as I do -- so I can mix and match to make things new & fresh for me and my friends.)

Mac_Apple
01-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Personally I think an immensely easy way to keep the game fresh would be to just release $5, un-themed Booster packs for the game. No randomized cards, the booster will always have what you expect, but it's literally just like 1-3 OS characters and 2-3 support cards for each of them.

Honestly my group NEVER plays with any Crossover packs because throwing a few cards into the Main Deck and adding a clunky new mechanic never seems appealing to us. I think we've played most of them 1-3 times, ever. We greatly prefer adding the Crisis cards because they are typically more playable.

Examples of Boosters:

Lantern Villains!

OS Characters:
Atrocitus + Larfleeze + Black Hand

Main Deck Cards:
Dex-starr + Red Power Battery + Greed Constructs + Orange Power Battery + Resurrection (Super Power) + Black Power Battery

Big Bads!

Darkseid + Doomsday + Lobo

Eye Lasers + Parademon + Stone Skin + Doom Strength + Grappling Chain + Motorcycle/Shotgun

Young Justice!

Miss Martian + Arsenal + Aqualad

etc, etc, etc.....

kshock68
01-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I guess we haven't played enough for it to get old yet, and I've been pleased with the support it has received.

unclebill
01-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Nope, not tired of DC-Heroes.
Of course, I usually play with all four base sets, all three crisis expansions, rivals, and the four crossovers; all in the same game.
Hint: Divide the main deck into five stacks by cost. 1-2, 3, 4, 5. 6+ with each feeding one slot in the line-up. If a choice is needed, then last player to have turn decides for the fill. Do not fill if there are five or more in the line-up. If needing the top of the main-deck, roll a die. Anything that is looked, used, revealed from the main deck becomes the top or bottom of the main deck regardless of any open slot.
I also play with multiple Super-Villain stacks and a team of Oversize cards where we deal out 5 or 6 cards and allow a discarding of all but one. (Replace current oversize when the super-villain stack does not have a first-appearance attack. If team is empty, draw two from unused and discard one, play one.) You can also try starting with 8 punches and 4 vulnerabilities to avoid the predictable second turn.
There's more but this should spice things up for you.

ZeroDying
01-13-2017, 11:26 AM
I own every set of DC right now and have been playing almost weekly since I got the first set back in 2015. It's an incredible game and plays differently every time.

Arrojacast
01-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Can't wait for new content, but still love the game as-is. However, I think the guys in my game circle are a little burned out for the time being...

unclebill
01-23-2017, 02:34 PM
We have enough game mechanics, so don't add any new ones unless you cannibalize an old one. Also, a small booster pack w/known cards (Never the randomized BS that Magic does!) like Mac_Apple stated above. What would really be nice is a clean, clear, accessible errata page (or booklet).

andymo24
01-26-2017, 07:58 AM
We have enough game mechanics, so don't add any new ones unless you cannibalize an old one. Also, a small booster pack w/known cards (Never the randomized BS that Magic does!) like Mac_Apple stated above. What would really be nice is a clean, clear, accessible errata page (or booklet).

An alphabetical database on specific rulings and clarifications would be awesome.

Mac_Apple
01-26-2017, 02:07 PM
An alphabetical database on specific rulings and clarifications would be awesome.I third this motion.

DimeDrl
01-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I third this motion.

Fourth, seventh and twelfth.

GuruGuru214
01-27-2017, 12:38 AM
An alphabetical database on specific rulings and clarifications would be awesome.

I've actually been working on such a thing for a while. It's already up to 21 pages. Unfortunately, there's been an awful lot of rulings, I haven't touched it since June, and I've lost track of how far I got through the ruling threads. I might finish it up one of these days.

If you want to take a look, here's what I've got so far. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qPpfTZseT-7e_1npeRug1JDzHq6Wm8htkD2LOBkqHkw/edit?usp=sharing)

Carthain
01-27-2017, 07:38 AM
GuruGuru214: That looks pretty good. If I can find the time, I may see if I can put that into a web-searchable form.