PDA

View Full Version : Control vs Ownership

unclebill
01-10-2017, 10:14 PM
How many players can control the same card at the same time? For instance, Swamp Thing is considered to control, etc, so If I have Swamp Thing (oversize) in play and you have a location in play that allows a defense. Its my turn so, can you use that location to defend one of my attacks? (Do we both control it? I know you still own it.) Also, is "consider to control" exactly same as "control"?

Matt_Hyra
01-11-2017, 12:57 AM
You are both in control of it during your turn.

DimeDrl
01-12-2017, 04:48 PM
In this case, can another person's card be discarded for "discard a card you control" abilities?

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2017, 05:24 PM
In this case, can another person's card be discarded for "discard a card you control" abilities?

If you have control of their card, you can discard it from play for effects that ask for that.

unclebill
01-12-2017, 08:10 PM
If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins?

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2017, 10:04 PM
If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins?

Owner should win.

ZeroDying
01-13-2017, 11:24 AM
This has been a question in my play group. Let's say I'm swamp thing and I "control" a friends Gotham city docks, could I then discard that ongoing card I control with silent armour? Will they have that location go to their discard?

Matt_Hyra
01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Yes, you can discard their card for Silent Armor or similar effects. It goes to the owner's discard pile.

unclebill
01-23-2017, 03:03 PM
>>If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins? (unclebill)
>>Owner should win. (Matt)

So, if we both control the same card that is in-play and I want to discard it
but the owner does not, then the owner wins and I do not get to discard it?

Or (different case)
We can both use it to discard two-cards for two defenses? (Forgot what on-going location does this.)

Also, if we both want to control it for different uses, I want to discard it for a draw
and the owner wants to use it for some effect, who gets first use/control on that turn?

And the list goes on...

It becomes much clearer if the current player is sole control of a card (when control is in effect).
Time-Travel cards are controlled and they while controlled are in the "play" zone so most weirdness for that doesn't occur. Why not extend that rule to controlling cards of other players too? Sure it makes Swamp Thing very powerful but willing to accept that vs the chaos vs every possible play.

I realize, I could just say, My house rules are: ..., but I would much rather have an over-riding common ruling. So, please reconsider, and post reasoning.

Matt_Hyra
01-23-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure why both players are able to discard it at the same time. Whoever has priority gets to discard it.
If there was a conflict, and I don't see where one could occur, then the owner prevails.

DimeDrl
01-26-2017, 09:34 PM
I think unclebill is talking about a situation where the current active player uses an ability that lets them control another players card, then uses a discard ability to discard said card, BUT the player whose deck that card belongs to has an ability that activates when another player (in this case the active player) does whatever it is they are doing that would allow them to discard the same card at the same time.

Although I'm not sure there are any combos in all the cards in all the Cerberus engine games that would allow that exact event to happen. I cannot think of one card in the game that activates when another player does something other than defenses and blocks. None of the attack or confront cards have a "discard a card you control to..." portion to them.

andymo24
01-30-2017, 03:49 PM
I think unclebill does not understand that simply because the owner does not want his foe who is controlling his card to discard it, the owner does not have any say and the foe controlling it is free to do what he wants.