PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 1 Game Breaker

Cryseus
01-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Hello,

So I encountered a game breaking combo in crisis 1 last night. If any villains are in the line up and you happen to get World Domination (Crisis) and Atrocitius (Impossible Villian) up. The game is over and you lose instantly! With your hand buried under your hero and no way to play a card you cannot purchase a card, therefore you can't remove the crisis and game over. This was disappointing. You would have to remove one or the other inorder to play the game as that combo will always result in an instant fail.

Please throw some suggestions, because I would like to play the game as it was intended without having to mod it.

Carthain
01-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Well... you can just remove one of those two cards from the options that you randomly choose from - that would avoid it.

Otherwise -- I think you just happened to hit upon an unfortunate situation/combination. There's almost 200 possible combinations between Crisis and Impossible Mode Villains (for just the first crisis). Each game you're going to get ... what, 5 to 8 of those?

I wouldn't worry about it... and just houserule that if that happens then Atrocitus get's a hit in (does his First Appearance Attack) and then you go get the next villain and shuffle Atrocitus back in (assuming he's not the only option left.)

Mac_Apple
01-17-2017, 10:11 AM
It's Crisis, it isn't supposed to be fair.

As long as each player has a couple defenses in their Deck, you can usually salvage enough cards to get through it. It's rough, but not impossible.

Allete
01-17-2017, 07:00 PM
I have seen that pair a few times. 1 time we played it out and that scenario happened. We had it recently and managed to beat it even after 1 cycle because everyone could defend twice. Sometimes it's best to just go for the attempt of beating the crisis even if it means losing powerful cards.