PDA

View Full Version : DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt V

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Part V in honor of Crossover 5! Post your questions here. Strategy and non-rules questions/comments should go into other threads. If a question receives too many answers, some will be removed to keep things tidy.

FAQ
Your Super-Villain's TEAMWORK ability may only be used ONCE per turn, unless a card says otherwise.

You may Teamwork the same foe more than once. You will see a different card each time.

Flash(15) grants extra uses of Teamwork only to Super-Villains with the keyword on them. It does not apply to cards that grant a Teamwork.

Any Teamwork that hits an Ongoing will steal it until it leaves play.

If you choose to Teamwork, you are playing the card. You don't get to see it before you decide, unless you played something that allows that ahead of time.

SANTOSCOOL
03-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Hi Matt,

Enjoying the new crossover but I just want to clarify how the new Teamwork ability works with a few scenarios that came up yesterday I wasn't sure of.

1. Are we able to just use the ability once from our Oversized SV at any point during our turn? Also only on any 1 foe we choose that turn? With the exception of the first Super Hero unless you're Captain Cold.

2. Some turns/cards allowed me to use the ability multiple times, am I able to pick multiple foes or do I have to pick the same foe that turn only and if I pick the same foe multiple times does the ability go to the next card on the top of there deck?

3. This question contains some spoiler, I'll try to not say to much about the card sorry...The final Super Hero has text at the bottom stating, "Players may Teamwork any number of foes", does that mean with one use of the ability I can target multiple foes or does that mean if I have multiple ways of using the ability that I can pick different foes? This being under the assumption that I can only pick 1 foe on a turn to use the abilities on normally.

Thanks

Mac_Apple
03-23-2017, 10:41 PM
1) Can the Teamwork activated ability on your Super-Villain be activated more than once? I assume not because the wording on the final Flash Superhero implies you can only activate it multiple times while he is out. It just isn't indicated on the rules card anywhere.

2) If I Teamwork a card, then Teamwork that player again during the same turn, I will be playing the top two cards of their deck (because the first Teamworked card will be in play), not the top card twice. Is that correct?

3) One card tells me to Teamwork a foe (I forget the name but it's the short-haired girl with glasses), then if I have drawn a card this turn, Teamwork again. Do I fully resolve the first Teamwork before checking for the second Teamwork. Like say I haven't drawn this turn. If the first Teamwork plays Johnny Quick from my foe's deck, do I get the second Teamwork? Or has the card that made me Teamwork (glasses girl) fully resolved before I played Johnny Quick?

In other words, do cards that are Teamworked fully resolve within the effect text of the card that caused them to be Teamworked?

4) With the final Flash, what is the timing of when I have to discard a card to play a card? Is it simultaneous? If I discard a punch while playing Expert Marksmanship, can I destroy the Punch? If I have no discard pile and discard a card cost 2 while playing Giganta, do I get +2 or +4 Power?

5) Trickster's effect means when you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck, correct? The wording is a little awkward.

More questions will come as we play more games... my friend was scared to play Mirror Master because she couldn't seem to wrap her head around his effect, and I'm not sure I could keep up with it either. Pretty good Crossover pack overall, definitely an up in quality of effects compared to previous packs. Kind of confused why a few cards have text bubbles and comic panels when they are removed from most other cards, is there a reason? Publishers/artists not willing to edit them?

... Weather Wizard is so fun... :p

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Hi Matt,

Enjoying the new crossover but I just want to clarify how the new Teamwork ability works with a few scenarios that came up yesterday I wasn't sure of.

1. Are we able to just use the ability once from our Oversized SV at any point during our turn? Also only on any 1 foe we choose that turn? With the exception of the first Super Hero unless you're Captain Cold.

Yes, it does say "any ONE foe" in the wording on Teamwork, though Captain Cold ability can give him another.

2. Some turns/cards allowed me to use the ability multiple times, am I able to pick multiple foes or do I have to pick the same foe that turn only and if I pick the same foe multiple times does the ability go to the next card on the top of there deck?

You can pick any number of foes 1-4. If you choose the same more than once, you will hit a new card each time. Note that the cards don't go back until they leave play. That means you get a new card each time.

3. This question contains some spoiler, I'll try to not say to much about the card sorry...The final Super Hero has text at the bottom stating, "Players may Teamwork any number of foes", does that mean with one use of the ability I can target multiple foes or does that mean if I have multiple ways of using the ability that I can pick different foes? This being under the assumption that I can only pick 1 foe on a turn to use the abilities on normally.

Thanks

It means your Super-Villain inherent Teamwork can target each foe once, as separate instances. Meaning, if you TW all 3 foes, they each get 1 VP.

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2017, 11:19 PM
1) Can the Teamwork activated ability on your Super-Villain be activated more than once? I assume not because the wording on the final Flash Superhero implies you can only activate it multiple times while he is out. It just isn't indicated on the rules card anywhere.

ONCE per turn.

2) If I Teamwork a card, then Teamwork that player again during the same turn, I will be playing the top two cards of their deck (because the first Teamworked card will be in play), not the top card twice. Is that correct?

Yes, 2 different cards.

3) One card tells me to Teamwork a foe (I forget the name but it's the short-haired girl with glasses), then if I have drawn a card this turn, Teamwork again. Do I fully resolve the first Teamwork before checking for the second Teamwork. Like say I haven't drawn this turn. If the first Teamwork plays Johnny Quick from my foe's deck, do I get the second Teamwork? Or has the card that made me Teamwork (glasses girl) fully resolved before I played Johnny Quick?

In other words, do cards that are Teamworked fully resolve within the effect text of the card that caused them to be Teamworked?

Each TW plays a card. That card resolves before you TW again.

4) With the final Flash, what is the timing of when I have to discard a card to play a card? Is it simultaneous? If I discard a punch while playing Expert Marksmanship, can I destroy the Punch? If I have no discard pile and discard a card cost 2 while playing Giganta, do I get +2 or +4 Power?

A card fully resolves before any outside effects resolve. Final Flash is an outside effect. So Expert Marksman will have to hit a card in your discard that is already there (or your hand as usual). Giganta won't see the discard, as it hasn't happened yet.

5) Trickster's effect means when you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck, correct? The wording is a little awkward.

Yes, when you shuffle your discard pile.

More questions will come as we play more games... my friend was scared to play Mirror Master because she couldn't seem to wrap her head around his effect, and I'm not sure I could keep up with it either. Pretty good Crossover pack overall, definitely an up in quality of effects compared to previous packs. Kind of confused why a few cards have text bubbles and comic panels when they are removed from most other cards, is there a reason? Publishers/artists not willing to edit them?

... Weather Wizard is so fun... :p

DC artists give us permission to use their art. Some would prefer we leave it untouched. At the time we request a particular image, we don't know if they want to leave it as is or not, so we can end up with text bubbles in places where we might not have wanted them.
Glad you are liking ROGUES!

SANTOSCOOL
03-24-2017, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

N-Finite
03-26-2017, 08:53 AM
I want to make sure I understand Bag of Tricks and Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain).

1) Bag of Tricks Example:
I pay 5 VP then I get +5 Power and draw 5 cards. Is this correct?

2) Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain) Example:
If I played 5x Punches and 2x Kid Flash, This equals +6 Power?

3) Green Arrow's Bow and J'onn J'onzz does not work for Super Heroes on the stack, correct?

4) Does Duplication activate Suicide Squad's ability?

SpatzAI
03-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Let's say a card gives me the right to do something to one other player's Discard Pile (e.g. Broadsword). Do I have any right to see what's in my various opponents' Discard Piles before choosing a player?

N-Finite
03-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Let's say a card gives me the right to do something to one other player's Discard Pile (e.g. Broadsword). Do I have any right to see what's in my various opponents' Discard Piles before choosing a player?

Yes. Each player's discard pile is public knowledge.

andymo24
03-26-2017, 05:39 PM
General engine question - If I play a card like Killer Croc or Blue Lantern PR that has the condition "if you play or have played x" and then that card is removed from play or returned to your hand, is that conditional text still active?

Hypothetical (because I can't think of the right specific cards right now), if I play Killer Croc (which is essentially, +1 if you play or have played another villain this turn) and then he is returned to my hand and I play him again, would the two played Killer Croc see each other and both be worth +3 power, even though it is the same card?

Matt_Hyra
03-26-2017, 08:52 PM
I want to make sure I understand Bag of Tricks and Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain).

1) Bag of Tricks Example:
I pay 5 VP then I get +5 Power and draw 5 cards. Is this correct?

Correct.

2) Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain) Example:
If I played 5x Punches and 2x Kid Flash, This equals +6 Power?

Correct.

3) Green Arrow's Bow and J'onn J'onzz does not work for Super Heroes on the stack, correct?

They DO. Super-Villain and Super Hero are interchangeable words.

4) Does Duplication activate Suicide Squad's ability?

Yes

Matt_Hyra
03-26-2017, 08:57 PM
General engine question - If I play a card like Killer Croc or Blue Lantern PR that has the condition "if you play or have played x" and then that card is removed from play or returned to your hand, is that conditional text still active?

Hypothetical (because I can't think of the right specific cards right now), if I play Killer Croc (which is essentially, +1 if you play or have played another villain this turn) and then he is returned to my hand and I play him again, would the two played Killer Croc see each other and both be worth +3 power, even though it is the same card?

The conditional forward-looking text of BLPR is no longer in play to see future Heroes enter play.
Playing Killer Croc again can see that you already played a Villain this turn, so it would be worth +3 Power.

SoulFire93
03-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Apologies if this was answered before. Would a player who has Ozymandias that was frozen by Icicle's effect get to use Ozy's effect at the end of the the same turn he is unfrozen?

With Mirror Gun and shape shift, may you add back a single 2 cost Hero, Super Power, Equipment, or Villain card from your discard pile since shape shift is just one card? Or may you add back multiple cards?

Axyz
03-27-2017, 11:26 AM
I have some questions about the new Superheroes.

1) Max Mercury: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each Player adds the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Lose a number of VPs equal to twice the VP value of that card (*=3).

How does his first appearance attack work?

1) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. Only Player A loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.
2) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. All players loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.

Also, how many VPs would someone lose if the top card of the main deck was 10*, e.g. Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, etc.?

2) Wally West: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player gains two cards with cost 0 from the destroyed pile.

How is this determined? Does turn player decide what cards they will take and so on in clockwise fashion, until every player has gained the cards?

3) Hawkman: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player discards cards until they have discarded at least 5 POWER worth of cards. If your hand empties this way, gain 1 VP.

This attack is only looking for +Power cards for it's condition, correct? So if I had 3 Punches, a Kick, and a Weakness I would discard everything, but the Weakness. Correct?

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Apologies if this was answered before. Would a player who has Ozymandias that was frozen by Icicle's effect get to use Ozy's effect at the end of the the same turn he is unfrozen?

Yes. Your turn is over in step 1 of the end of turn sequence. "At end of turn" effects resolve in step 3.

With Mirror Gun and shape shift, may you add back a single 2 cost Hero, Super Power, Equipment, or Villain card from your discard pile since shape shift is just one card? Or may you add back multiple cards?

Since Shapeshift has all card names, it matches every card in your discard pile. You will get to return one of each of those cards. Cost has no bearing on this interaction.
I would suggest removing Shapeshift from the deck when using Rogues.

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2017, 12:21 PM
I have some questions about the new Superheroes.

1) Max Mercury: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each Player adds the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Lose a number of VPs equal to twice the VP value of that card (*=3).

How does his first appearance attack work?

1) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. Only Player A loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.
2) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. All players loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.

#1 is correct. If we wanted #2, it would read: "Add the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Each player loses a number of VPs..."

Also, how many VPs would someone lose if the top card of the main deck was 10*, e.g. Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, etc.?

20!

2) Wally West: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player gains two cards with cost 0 from the destroyed pile.

How is this determined? Does turn player decide what cards they will take and so on in clockwise fashion, until every player has gained the cards?

Yes, but there is no "turn player" at the moment. FAAs happen in-between turns. The player to the left of the Super Hero defeater will get first pick, then clockwise. The player who defeated the previous Super Hero will get last pick, and will probably end up with Weaknesses or Vulnerabilities.

3) Hawkman: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player discards cards until they have discarded at least 5 POWER worth of cards. If your hand empties this way, gain 1 VP.

This attack is only looking for +Power cards for it's condition, correct? So if I had 3 Punches, a Kick, and a Weakness I would discard everything, but the Weakness. Correct?

You can discard any cards in any order. You can discard the Weakness if you wish, even though it contributes no Power. If you do, your hand will be empty and you will gain 1 VP. Or you may leave the Weakness in your hand by discarding the +1/+1/+1/+2 first (hitting +5 Power before your hand ran out). Note that if you were short 1 Punch in your example, you would be forced to discard the Weakness at some point during the process.

Axyz
03-27-2017, 01:07 PM
How do the Stack Ongoing abilities work? Do they stay active until that Superhero/Villain is defeated?

Also, for The Flash [Returned from the Speed Force], which ability is the Stack Ongoing referring to, just the "At the start of your turn, lose 1 VP." or is it all of the text?

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2017, 01:12 PM
How do the Stack Ongoing abilities work? Do they stay active until that Superhero/Villain is defeated?

Also, for The Flash [Returned from the Speed Force], which ability is the Stack Ongoing referring to, just the "At the start of your turn, lose 1 VP." or is it all of the text?

Yes, Stack Ongoing text is active while the card is on top of the stack (until defeated).
All three sentences are part of the Stack Ongoing on Flash (15).

Carthain
03-27-2017, 02:32 PM
You can discard any cards in any order. You can discard the Weakness if you wish, even though it contributes no Power. If you do, your hand will be empty and you will gain 1 VP. Or you may leave the Weakness in your hand by discarding the +1/+1/+1/+2 first (hitting +5 Power before your hand ran out). Note that if you were short 1 Punch in your example, you would be forced to discard the Weakness at some point during the process.
Follow up on this one (not my question originally, but mine is related :) ) : There's one card that grants +1 Power for each card in your hand. If I discard this to Hawkman's FAA (or a similar effect looking for a discard of power) - does it count as +4 power if I discard it first (with 4 cards remaining in my hand) - so I'd only need to discard that and a punch to reach the 5 Power requirement?

andymo24
03-27-2017, 02:45 PM
The conditional forward-looking text of BLPR is no longer in play to see future Heroes enter play.
Playing Killer Croc again can see that you already played a Villain this turn, so it would be worth +3 Power.

So the ruling is that conditional forward looking text stops when a card leaves play, but the card still counts as having been played for backward looking text? Makes sense.

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Follow up on this one (not my question originally, but mine is related :) ) : There's one card that grants +1 Power for each card in your hand. If I discard this to Hawkman's FAA (or a similar effect looking for a discard of power) - does it count as +4 power if I discard it first (with 4 cards remaining in my hand) - so I'd only need to discard that and a punch to reach the 5 Power requirement?

Variable Power cards provide only the printed +X Power amount if there is any variable to them. Hawkgirl would be worth +1 Power, as she gets that regardless of how many Heroes are in your discard pile.

Crisis 1 rulebook used the example of Swamp Thing still being +5 Power if you control a Location, as that is a static effect. "If you played" or "count this" is not static, it's variable. Discarded cards don't resolve their game text, so Phasing is worth 0 Power.

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2017, 04:52 PM
So the ruling is that conditional forward looking text stops when a card leaves play, but the card still counts as having been played for backward looking text? Makes sense.

Correct.

Carthain
03-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Crisis 1 rulebook used the example of Swamp Thing still being +5 Power if you control a Location, as that is a static effect. "If you played" or "count this" is not static, it's variable. Discarded cards don't resolve their game text, so Phasing is worth 0 Power.
Okay, so Killer Croc is +2 while discarded to Hawkman (as it's between rounds, so you can't have played another villain), and Man-Bat Serum is +0, as it's variable based on the # of VP you have. Right?

Matt_Hyra
03-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Okay, so Killer Croc is +2 while discarded to Hawkman (as it's between rounds, so you can't have played another villain), and Man-Bat Serum is +0, as it's variable based on the # of VP you have. Right?

Correct.

Allete
03-28-2017, 01:00 PM
For Immortal Villain, if you have Mera in your hand with no discard pile, is she worth 4 or 2 for beating the crisis? What about cards like Swamp Thing and Power of the Green with Location active?

Matt_Hyra
03-28-2017, 03:47 PM
For Immortal Villain, if you have Mera in your hand with no discard pile, is she worth 4 or 2 for beating the crisis? What about cards like Swamp Thing and Power of the Green with Location active?

These are all examples of static effects. They are either on or off. There is nothing to count. They all give their max Power.
Your question on Swamp Thing was answered above.

If anyone else has any questions like this, please Private Message me. This thread should be for new questions.

SpatzAI
03-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Could I use Dr Alchemy to gain one of the new cards from the line-up, get the VPs, return the exact same card to the line-up, and then buy it with Power getting the VPs yet again?

Matt_Hyra
03-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Could I use Dr Alchemy to gain one of the new cards from the line-up, get the VPs, return the exact same card to the line-up, and then buy it with Power getting the VPs yet again?

Yes. That is exactly what he wants to be doing.

LexLuthorJr
03-29-2017, 12:03 AM
When you Teamwork a foe, is it required that you play the revealed card? Can you see it but choose not to play it?

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2017, 10:57 AM
When you Teamwork a foe, is it required that you play the revealed card? Can you see it but choose not to play it?

Teamwork is playing it. It does not say to "reveal" the card, but becomes revealed when played.

IAmTheGreat
03-29-2017, 12:43 PM

I dont understand how this is different from Swamp Thing. Sure your VP could change before your turn, but the same can be said about Swamp Thing and Mera (Killer Frost, Dr Light, any effect that gives cards to an opponents discard).

LexLuthorJr
03-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Teamwork is playing it. It does not say to "reveal" the card, but becomes revealed when played.

So once you decide to Teamwork, you are committed.

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2017, 02:45 PM
I dont understand how this is different from Swamp Thing. Sure your VP could change before your turn, but the same can be said about Swamp Thing and Mera (Killer Frost, Dr Light, any effect that gives cards to an opponents discard).

The main thing is that Swamp Thing and Mera can be calculated in your hand without counting a variable that frequently changes; an on/off ability.
It's just a semantic difference that we wanted for the game. Just a rule. If everyone is super confused, we can make a change to the ruling. Please PM me if so and leave this forum for new questions.

N-Finite
03-29-2017, 04:49 PM
If Flash 15 (Return From The Speed Force) is on the stack and I have an odd number of cards in hand, can I play my last card even though I don't have a card to discard for the Stack Ongoing?

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2017, 05:07 PM
If Flash 15 (Return From The Speed Force) is on the stack and I have an odd number of cards in hand, can I play my last card even though I don't have a card to discard for the Stack Ongoing?

Yes. The discard is an effect, not a cost.
If you HAD to discard to play, it would be written as: Discard a card >>> Play a card from your hand.

SpatzAI
03-31-2017, 09:09 AM
1) 8pt Flash is still up on the SuperHero stack. Does that block Captain Cold's buy a card cost 3 or less Teamwork ability? Also does Captain Cold's buy a card Teamwork give a VP like the standard Rogue Super-villain Teamwork, or no VP like a card that has a Teamwork on it?
2) If I destroy a card that I've TeamWorked somehow, does that return it to the top of its owners deck immediately, meaning its available to theoretically be Teamworked a 2nd time (rather than the usual mechanic if you Teamwork a player repeatedly you get the next card on his deck)
3) Is there a difference between Reveal and Look At on cards? Reveal always meant to me all players get to see whatever is being revealed. Look At implies that only the player of the card gets the info. For example, Iris West would enable me to pick a good Teamwork target, but not even the player whose deck I just looked at wouldn't know what I saw (unless I Teamworked them of course).
4) Card Engulfing Flames, the rule clarification is that "if you play this you must destroy a card". If I like my hand, could I simply play it last?
5) The Iron Heights rule clarification is also a bit confusing. If you use Iron Heights to defend against a FAA or any other non-player initiated attack, what happens to the VP token you paid once the attack has resolved assuming Man Bat doesn't steal it? Return to box, or does it get claimed by whoever buys the card?

Thanks

Matt_Hyra
03-31-2017, 09:19 PM
1) 8pt Flash is still up on the SuperHero stack. Does that block Captain Cold's buy a card cost 3 or less Teamwork ability? Also does Captain Cold's buy a card Teamwork give a VP like the standard Rogue Super-villain Teamwork, or no VP like a card that has a Teamwork on it?

Flash 8 does not stop CC's "3 or less Teamwork."
CC does not give a VP when he uses the "3 or less Teamwork."
Both of these are covered on the rules card in the pack.

2) If I destroy a card that I've TeamWorked somehow, does that return it to the top of its owners deck immediately, meaning its available to theoretically be Teamworked a 2nd time (rather than the usual mechanic if you Teamwork a player repeatedly you get the next card on his deck)

Yes, when it leaves play, it returns. So if you destroy it, that makes it leave play and immediately return. It would be able to be TW'd again.

3) Is there a difference between Reveal and Look At on cards? Reveal always meant to me all players get to see whatever is being revealed. Look At implies that only the player of the card gets the info. For example, Iris West would enable me to pick a good Teamwork target, but not even the player whose deck I just looked at wouldn't know what I saw (unless I Teamworked them of course).

Reveal is always a public reveal to all players.
Look need not be shown to foes, unless there is a condition that pertains to the looked at card - like "draw it if it's cost is 3 or less."

4) Card Engulfing Flames, the rule clarification is that "if you play this you must destroy a card". If I like my hand, could I simply play it last?

That works. You must destroy a card if able.

5) The Iron Heights rule clarification is also a bit confusing. If you use Iron Heights to defend against a FAA or any other non-player initiated attack, what happens to the VP token you paid once the attack has resolved assuming Man Bat doesn't steal it? Return to box, or does it get claimed by whoever buys the card?

Thanks

Goes onto the attacking card, then is claimed by the player who beats that card.

andymo24
04-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Telepathy - must I play all cards I take from an opponent's hand before playing any cards I draw, or activate ongoing cards, or active a hero ability? Is telepathy still resolving as you play each card from the opponent?

Matt_Hyra
04-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Telepathy - must I play all cards I take from an opponent's hand before playing any cards I draw, or activate ongoing cards, or active a hero ability? Is telepathy still resolving as you play each card from the opponent?

It says "this turn" so you can play them at your leisure. It is no longer resolving after you play it.

BenJazz
04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Our group had a clarification question for The Rogues Crossover Pack. This question arose from players Teamworking the same player on their turn multiple times and then those cards needing to be placed back on top of the player's deck. In what order do the cards that are played from Teamwork return to the top of a players deck (and who decides the order)? We originally decided to put them back in the order they were originally (with the exception of cards that had left play and were already back on top).

A quick example in case I am not explaining it well.
1. Player A Teamworks Player B twice, resulting in Card 1 being played first from the top of Player B's deck and then Card 2 being played second from the top of Player B's deck.
2. Player A finishes his turn and the cards are returned to the top of Player B's deck. Does the order from top to bottom have to be Card 1 followed by Card 2 or can it be rearranged and, if so, who decides the order?

Matt_Hyra
04-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Back in original order.

andymo24
04-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Looking for hopefully one last final clarification on attack and defense resolution order. Here's a hypothetical inspired by Mac_Apple's MLP game - may not apply to any situation in DCDB so far but it is an engine question.

Assume a 3-player game, players 1, 2, and 3 in clockwise order. Player 1 uses an attack card that causes each foe to discard a card. Player 2 declares he will not use a defense. Player 3 declares he will use a defense. Now what order do things happen in? I believe it has been ruled that Player 2 then passes his opportunity to use a defense, then Player 3 uses his defense and the effect of the defense resolves. Then the attack will hit Player 2.

The question arose because in our situation, the attack was to discard a card for each card in the lineup that was flipped over, then the defense used by Player 3 flipped over another card in the line up. So is it then too late for Player 2 to play a defense, now that he must discard 2 cards? Or does he only discard 1 card since at the time of the attack, only 1 card was flipped over? But when the attack hits, there are 2 cards flipped over.

Mac_Apple
04-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Looking for hopefully one last final clarification on attack and defense resolution order. Here's a hypothetical inspired by Mac_Apple's MLP game - may not apply to any situation in DCDB so far but it is an engine question.

Assume a 3-player game, players 1, 2, and 3 in clockwise order. Player 1 uses an attack card that causes each foe to discard a card. Player 2 declares he will not use a defense. Player 3 declares he will use a defense. Now what order do things happen in? I believe it has been ruled that Player 2 then passes his opportunity to use a defense, then Player 3 uses his defense and the effect of the defense resolves. Then the attack will hit Player 2.

The question arose because in our situation, the attack was to discard a card for each card in the lineup that was flipped over, then the defense used by Player 3 flipped over another card in the line up. So is it then too late for Player 2 to play a defense, now that he must discard 2 cards? Or does he only discard 1 card since at the time of the attack, only 1 card was flipped over? But when the attack hits, there are 2 cards flipped over.Personally I would say the effect of the Attack is set when the player makes it, but I'm not sure what an official engine ruling would be.

Matt, here's a hypothetical in DC that would answer the same question.

Player 1 plays Copperhead. There are two Villains in the Line-Up.
Player 2 chooses not to defend.
Player 3 defends with a new Defense card that adds a card to the Line-Up. That Defense adds a third villain.
Player 4 chooses not to defend.

How many cards does each player discard, and do they discard the moment they choose not to defend, or does everyone have to declare whether or not they are defending first?

(You guys should really e-mail me when you want to play lol)

Matt_Hyra
04-05-2017, 12:10 PM
The Attack effect is locked in as part of the resolution of the Attack card, unless the number of affected foes matters.
Each player chooses to defend or not in turn sequence before the Attack resolves. The Attack then resolves in turn sequence, which matters if there are only 1-2 Weaknesses in the stack.

andymo24
04-05-2017, 03:32 PM
The Attack effect is locked in as part of the resolution of the Attack card, unless the number of affected foes matters.
Each player chooses to defend or not in turn sequence before the Attack resolves. The Attack then resolves in turn sequence, which matters if there are only 1-2 Weaknesses in the stack.

I'm still not clear on this. There are attack cards that have additional effects depending on if foes use a defense, like Red Lantern Corps and Killer Frost. So when is the attack card 'resolved' - before carrying out the attack on any foes and before any defenses are played, and it's conditional text just carries on? But what if you guys come up with a defense that negates the activation of the attack card and destroys/discards/puts it on the bottom of a deck (GO! MIRROR FORCE!)? Can I play a defense if my foe is attacking my Life Points directly? (jk)

I believe you are saying the attack effect is set before any cards would be added to the lineup in our example.

Matt_Hyra
04-05-2017, 11:10 PM
The "if" statement carries on after the rest of the card has resolved. When it has a chance to later resolve that wording, it does. You set up the "if" clause during the Attack card resolution.
In your example, the Attack card has already resolved before you can defend. If it goes away, that is already too late to stop it.

andymo24
04-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Thank you, Matt. We all truly appreciate your efforts, insight, patience, and tolerance.
Finally played Rogues last night, with Forever Evil. A few questions/confirmations:

Playing as Heatwave - Destroying Firestorm Matrix through its ability to make a card Ongoing would activate his effect? Playing Man-bat Serum and destroying it at the end of your turn due to 5+ VP would not activate his effect (see end of turn sequence in rule book)?

Playing as Mirror Master - playing Element Woman after playing a 4 cost card would give you an additional +3 power for MM's ability and EW herself gives +2, for +5 Power total?

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Heatwave: Yes on destroying Firestorm Matrix. The Serum is not being destroyed "during" your turn, so it does not trigger.

Mirror Master: Element Woman still only counts as one card played, despite having multiple paths towards meeting MM's card type reqs. So she only earns MM +1 Power for being played.

andymo24
04-06-2017, 11:50 AM
If I use Heatwave's ability to gain the top card of the main deck and put it on top of my deck, do I get to look at it first? When you are told to gain and 'then do something with it' does that mean that the process is to put it in your discard pile and then do the next action, so that you do get to see what it was and any 'upon gaining' abilities activate, like Deadman's destroy two cards?

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
If I use Heatwave's ability to gain the top card of the main deck and put it on top of my deck, do I get to look at it first? When you are told to gain and 'then do something with it' does that mean that the process is to put it in your discard pile and then do the next action, so that you do get to see what it was and any 'upon gaining' abilities activate, like Deadman's destroy two cards?

It does not say "reveal" so it is not public knowledge. When a card is not revealed, it will never trigger any "upon gaining" effects.

LRoq617
04-06-2017, 06:59 PM
I could use some clarification on the sequencing order when Patty Spivot is played, when the extra Teamwork is triggered (from drawing an extra card). Specifically, in a 1v1 game where you can only Teamwork your opponent, will you be using Teamwork on the same card twice? Or do you Teamwork the top 2 cards of their deck as part of the sequence?

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2017, 10:04 PM
I could use some clarification on the sequencing order when Patty Spivot is played, when the extra Teamwork is triggered (from drawing an extra card). Specifically, in a 1v1 game where you can only Teamwork your opponent, will you be using Teamwork on the same card twice? Or do you Teamwork the top 2 cards of their deck as part of the sequence?

A Teamworked card remains in play until the end of the turn, so the next card down will be the target of your second TW.

LexLuthorJr
04-06-2017, 10:53 PM
It does not say "reveal" so it is not public knowledge. When a card is not revealed, it will never trigger any "upon gaining" effects.

Does that mean you would not gain VP if it is a card from The Rogues Crossover?

LexLuthorJr
04-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Are cards with a * VP value considered less than 1VP? I am mostly asking in regards to Bart Allen's FAA.

clferg01
04-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Apologies if already asked and answered, but just so I'm understanding it correctly, all of the Super-Villains have automatic Teamwork ability in addition to their special ability? Captain Cold's special ability allows him to Teamwork twice?

Mac_Apple
04-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Are cards with a * VP value considered less than 1VP? I am mostly asking in regards to Bart Allen's FAA.* is always considered 3, unless there is a number next to the star.

aoineko
04-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Apologies if already asked and answered, but just so I'm understanding it correctly, all of the Super-Villains have automatic Teamwork ability in addition to their special ability? Captain Cold's special ability allows him to Teamwork twice?

Yup

Matt_Hyra
04-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Does that mean you would not gain VP if it is a card from The Rogues Crossover?

Indeed, you would not. It does not say to reveal it, so you won't trigger any "buy or gain" effects.

LexLuthorJr
04-10-2017, 12:58 PM
* is always considered 3, unless there is a number next to the star.

Is that an official rule? I know many cards say that, but I don't recall ever seeing that in the rules.

Matt_Hyra
04-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Is that an official rule? I know many cards say that, but I don't recall ever seeing that in the rules.

That is official. We try to put that on every card that references a VP value.
Sometimes we forget. Other times there is not enough space.
Not currently in a rulebook, as it is so card-specific and low chance of occurrence. Perhaps in the future.

BenJazz
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
My wife and I ran into an interesting situation tonight while playing Arrow Crossover set with Teen Titans main set.

My wife ended up using Moira Queen to great effect and had Sara Lance as her character. She had the unfortunate opportunity to gain a Shapeshift on her last turn. Our questions are:

A) Do you own cards under your character during the normal course of the game (i.e. could Sara Lance put Shapeshift on the bottom of her deck with her ability)?

B) Does a Shapeshift under your character at the end of game cause Moira Queen to only be worth 1 VP?

I couldn't remember if we had covered ownership in relation to the Arrow set before and searching the forums proved to be more difficult to navigate than expected.

Mtcrabtree
04-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Since shapeshift has five card types, does it have all five colors as well or just orange?

Mac_Apple
04-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Since shapeshift has five card types, does it have all five colors as well or just orange?Just orange.

StormKing
04-12-2017, 11:04 AM
My wife and I ran into an interesting situation tonight while playing Arrow Crossover set with Teen Titans main set.

My wife ended up using Moira Queen to great effect and had Sara Lance as her character. She had the unfortunate opportunity to gain a Shapeshift on her last turn. Our questions are:

A) Do you own cards under your character during the normal course of the game (i.e. could Sara Lance put Shapeshift on the bottom of her deck with her ability)?

B) Does a Shapeshift under your character at the end of game cause Moira Queen to only be worth 1 VP?

I couldn't remember if we had covered ownership in relation to the Arrow set before and searching the forums proved to be more difficult to navigate than expected.

At the end of the game, all text boxes that don't say "At end of game" are considered to be blank, so Shapeshift is just a 2 cost, 1 VP Super Power at end of game.

StormKing
04-12-2017, 11:05 AM
At the end of the game, all text boxes that don't say "At end of game" are considered to be blank, so Shapeshift is just a 2 cost, 1 VP Super Power at end of game.

Also, you are not considered to own the cards under your Super Hero, so, no Sara could not put shapeshift on bottom with her ability.

StormKing
04-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Keep in mind, only the Rogues in the pack have the Teamwork ability printed on them. Other heroes/villains would need to play cards that allow them to Teamwork to be able to do it.

LexLuthorJr
04-12-2017, 12:02 PM
When using a SuperVillain's Teamwork ability while the 15-Cost Flash is out, does the Teamwork trigger for all foes simultaneously? Of can you Teamwork someone, take a different action, Teamwork someone else, etc?

If Golden Glider plays Telepathy on a foe, will she draw a card for each card in that foe's hand?

StormKing
04-12-2017, 12:28 PM
When using a SuperVillain's Teamwork ability while the 15-Cost Flash is out, does the Teamwork trigger for all foes simultaneously? Of can you Teamwork someone, take a different action, Teamwork someone else, etc?

If Golden Glider plays Telepathy on a foe, will she draw a card for each card in that foe's hand?

You Teamwork one at a time.

Golden Glider will draw a card each time she plays a card that she doesn't own, Telepathy does let her play a lot of cards she doesn't own, so try not to let her get that card (or get it if you're playing as her!).

midnight_rider
04-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Mirror Master question...

"...if you have played another card with that cost this turn."

I play a kick(3), then Sledgehammer(3), Air Walk Shoes(3), Atomica(3).

Is it correct that the original card played can be any card type to get the +1 on each play of villains, equipment, and heroes thereafter that match that cost?

Or does the original 3 cost card have to be one of the three card types?

Thanks!

aoineko
04-14-2017, 02:03 PM
I play a kick(3), then Sledgehammer(3), Air Walk Shoes(3), Atomica(3).

Is it correct that the original card played can be any card type to get the +1 on each play of villains, equipment, and heroes thereafter that match that cost?

Or does the original 3 cost card have to be one of the three card types?

Thanks!

The first card's type does not matter.

midnight_rider
04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Is there a golden rule for what happens to destroyed cards you don't own?

For example, I know Broadsword would send a destroyed card to the destroyed pile, and Killer Frost's ability would send a card in the lineup to the destroyed pile. However, if I were to say destroy a villain in the lineup with the Joker's ability, after time traveling it, the destroyed card would go back into the lineup at the end of my turn.

If a card or ability explicitely references a zone where you can destroy a card, does it always go to the destroyed pile? Is that the answer?

It's just something that has crossed me up from time to time, and was curious about any golden rules on the matter.

Thanks!

unLimitedEnds
04-20-2017, 03:35 PM
When fighting the final Flash in Rogues: You have no cards in hand, so when you teamwork a foe for their top card, you don't have to discard a card. Is this correct?

In the same scenario, I teamwork an Ultra Strength and draw two cards, do I have to discard one of them for playing Ultra Strength as a cost?

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2017, 05:00 PM
When fighting the final Flash in Rogues: You have no cards in hand, so when you teamwork a foe for their top card, you don't have to discard a card. Is this correct?

In the same scenario, I teamwork an Ultra Strength and draw two cards, do I have to discard one of them for playing Ultra Strength as a cost?

Flash 15 only asks for a discard when playing a card from YOUR hand.
Teamwork is not playing the card from your hand. It's playing it from the top of a foe's deck.
You do not discard a card from your hand when Teamworking against Flash 15. That is how you beat him.

Teamworking an Ultra Strength means you discard no cards and will probably beat The Flash!

SpiritDetective
04-27-2017, 11:06 AM
If you teamwork a card that has a higher cost than Impossible Mode Atomica allows, what happens?

Matt_Hyra
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
If you teamwork a card that has a higher cost than Impossible Mode Atomica allows, what happens?

It gets played! The card is being played as part of the TW effect. You don't get to (or have to) look at it ahead of time to make sure it's legal. The TW was legal, so any card that gets played is automatically legal.

andymo24
05-03-2017, 09:58 AM

It is not public knowledge. You did not say that it is not private knowledge. So to be painfully clear - I cannot look at the card I put on top of my deck with Heatwave?

This is distinct from Shazam!'s wording, which has a period at the end of the sentence telling you to gain the top card of the main deck. It then says "You may put it on top of your deck or in your discard pile." Shazam!'s wording implies to me that you gain it, it's placed into your discard pile and everyone gets to see it, and you get any 'upon gaining' effects, but then saying you can put it into your discard pile is a bit confusing, since it should already be there for everyone to see. I think the game and ruling have evolved since his ability was written - what was your intention, how should Shazam! be played?

Matt_Hyra
05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
You don't get to look at it. I am going to reword future printings of Heat Wave to not use the word "gain." And fix his name.

Shazam was written when we were a little too loose with the rules. We knew that everyone looked at cards they gained, so we gave the option to put it on top or not. Nowadays, if we want you to look at something, we say so.

andymo24
05-03-2017, 06:30 PM
What happens when you teamwork an ongoing card? You keep it as an ongoing card until it leaves play? Who gets vp for it at the end of the game?

andymo24
05-03-2017, 06:32 PM
So does everyone look at the card shazam! gains or not?

andymo24
05-03-2017, 08:52 PM
When exactly does the game end when the last SV is bought? Immediately? Does the player get to finish his turn?

Matt_Hyra
05-04-2017, 12:09 AM
When exactly does the game end when the last SV is bought? Immediately? Does the player get to finish his turn?

Only when you must flip up a new Super-Villain on the stack and none remain does the game end. This happens in between player turns.
That means the guy who buys the last SV gets to finish his turn.

andymo24
05-04-2017, 02:46 PM
So does everyone look at the card Shazam! gains or not?

What happens when you teamwork an ongoing card? You keep it as an ongoing card until it leaves play? Who gets vp for it at the end of the game?

unLimitedEnds
05-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Shazam! oversized hero card does not say to reveal the card, therefore not necessary to reveal the card to other players.

For teamworking an ongoing card, I assume you're able to play the location, keep it in front of you in play until the end of turn. You are able to use the location's effect and etc. Teamwork says to return the card you played to the player's deck when your turn is over, so the original player will get VP for it at the end of the game since it is in his deck.

GuruGuru214
05-04-2017, 05:02 PM
For teamworking an ongoing card, I assume you're able to play the location, keep it in front of you in play until the end of turn. You are able to use the location's effect and etc. Teamwork says to return the card you played to the player's deck when your turn is over, so the original player will get VP for it at the end of the game since it is in his deck.

This is wrong. Teamwork states "During your turn, you may play the top card of any one foe's deck. When that card leaves play, return it to the top of its owner's deck."

So a teamworked ongoing card will remain in front of you for as many turns as it takes before something makes it leave play, before going back to its owner.

Matt_Hyra
05-04-2017, 10:41 PM
So does everyone look at the card Shazam! gains or not?

If the game ends and you still have it stolen, you get it.
You steal the Ongoing until it leaves play.
See the first post in this thread for the Rogues FAQs.

andymo24
05-08-2017, 10:36 AM
What is the Super Hero Shazam!'s text supposed to be moving forward? Based on what you've said in this thread, a lot of people now think that Shazam! does not get to see the card he buys off the top of the main deck before deciding whether or not to put it on top, and does not get to look at it if he does put it on top. If he puts it on top, he does not get any "upon gaining" effects, but if he puts it in his discard pile, he does get the effect, right?

Bag of Tricks - The rule card from Rogues says you can use Bag of Tricks' effect repeatedly during your turn. So this would mean you can pay 1 VP for +1 Power and draw a card 1 at a time, play some other cards, and keep using Bag of Tricks 1 at a time until you get what you need and decide to stop? Was that the intention?

aoineko
05-13-2017, 12:12 PM
What is the Super Hero Shazam!'s text supposed to be moving forward? Based on what you've said in this thread, a lot of people now think that Shazam! does not get to see the card he buys off the top of the main deck before deciding whether or not to put it on top, and does not get to look at it if he does put it on top. If he puts it on top, he does not get any "upon gaining" effects, but if he puts it in his discard pile, he does get the effect, right?

Just clearing some rulings up. You do get to look at the card before deciding to put it on top of your deck. If it has a when gained effect you will get the effect even if you put the card on top of your deck.

Bag of Tricks - The rule card from Rogues says you can use Bag of Tricks' effect repeatedly during your turn. So this would mean you can pay 1 VP for +1 Power and draw a card 1 at a time, play some other cards, and keep using Bag of Tricks 1 at a time until you get what you need and decide to stop? Was that the intention?

That is how the card effect works as worded.

andymo24
05-18-2017, 11:38 AM
This question came up and I can't recall if it's been covered before:

If a card tells you to "look at" the top card(s) of your deck, and you do not have a deck, or have less than the number of cards it tells you to look at, do you have to shuffle and make a new deck, or are you specifically not supposed to shuffle for "look at" cards?
What if it is a foe's card allowing him to "look at" the top card of your deck and you don't have a deck?

(The TT rule book does not list "look at" as a reason to shuffle) Thank you!

aoineko
05-18-2017, 12:39 PM
This question came up and I can't recall if it's been covered before:

If a card tells you to "look at" the top card(s) of your deck, and you do not have a deck, or have less than the number of cards it tells you to look at, do you have to shuffle and make a new deck, or are you specifically not supposed to shuffle for "look at" cards?
What if it is a foe's card allowing him to "look at" the top card of your deck and you don't have a deck?

(The TT rule book does not list "look at" as a reason to shuffle) Thank you!

You shuffle. Whenever you have to interact with cards from your deck and you don't have a sufficient amount you shuffle your discard pile to make up for the cards you are missing.

lukasha
05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Questions about Promise to a Friend.

I seem to remember reading that since Promise is worded as "may not destroy" you can choose whether you destroy a card or not. Is this correct? And following on that, can you choose for each card to destroy, or is a blanket choice for your whole turn. For example, I have a hand with a Weakness, a Starter, and other things. Some card allows me to destroy 2 cards in my hand so I get rid of the Weakness and the Starter so I can thin out my deck, but another card tells me to destroy a card as a result of playing it and I don't want to destroy anything else. Can I choose which cards I want to protect from being destroyed via Promise to a Friend? Thanks in advance!

aoineko
05-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Questions about Promise to a Friend.

I seem to remember reading that since Promise is worded as "may not destroy" you can choose whether you destroy a card or not. Is this correct? And following on that, can you choose for each card to destroy, or is a blanket choice for your whole turn. For example, I have a hand with a Weakness, a Starter, and other things. Some card allows me to destroy 2 cards in my hand so I get rid of the Weakness and the Starter so I can thin out my deck, but another card tells me to destroy a card as a result of playing it and I don't want to destroy anything else. Can I choose which cards I want to protect from being destroyed via Promise to a Friend? Thanks in advance!

There is no choice. You are no longer able to destroy cards.

Mac_Apple
05-20-2017, 01:55 PM
There is no choice. You are no longer able to destroy cards.

How does Promise to a Friend interact with the Super Heroes FAA's that force you to destroy a card? Do you attempt to destroy and fail, or since you are unable to destroy, do you get Weaknesses?

If you discard Element Woman, does that fulfill both requirements for Cyborg and Martian Manhunter's FAA? Same with Shapeshift.

Matt_Hyra
05-20-2017, 07:43 PM
How does Promise to a Friend interact with the Super Heroes FAA's that force you to destroy a card? Do you attempt to destroy and fail, or since you are unable to destroy, do you get Weaknesses?

If you discard Element Woman, does that fulfill both requirements for Cyborg and Martian Manhunter's FAA? Same with Shapeshift.

FAAs do not take place during your turn, so you will still have to destroy cards.

EW and SS count as multiple card types, so that can fulfill the discard in one card.

Atmoz
05-31-2017, 02:01 PM
This question has already probably been answered before, but let's say Bane time travels a card and destroys it with his ability, does the card still return to the lineup at the end of the turn?

Matt_Hyra
05-31-2017, 05:39 PM
This question has already probably been answered before, but let's say Bane time travels a card and destroys it with his ability, does the card still return to the lineup at the end of the turn?

Yes, it does.

SpiritDetective
06-14-2017, 02:14 PM
If you teamwork Man Bat Serum and have 5+ VPs, does it go back to its owner's deck?

Matt_Hyra
06-14-2017, 09:00 PM
If you teamwork Man Bat Serum and have 5+ VPs, does it go back to its owner's deck?

Yes, unless it enters a hidden zone before the end of turn.

aggrotek
06-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Question regarding super villain's first attack.

When Felix Faust (Impossible Mode) comes out and everyone but 1 person defends, what happens?

I feel like the most logical thing to occur is nothing. Because there is no player to my left.

Please source your answer or provide anything in the rulebook that might help explain the answer. The people I play with regularly would like a ruling on this for future games.

Thanks in advance.

Matt_Hyra
06-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Question regarding super villain's first attack.

When Felix Faust (Impossible Mode) comes out and everyone but 1 person defends, what happens?

I feel like the most logical thing to occur is nothing. Because there is no player to my left.

Please source your answer or provide anything in the rulebook that might help explain the answer. The people I play with regularly would like a ruling on this for future games.

Thanks in advance.

Original set rulebook, page 12, under the Joker clarification:

The Joker: If a player avoids The Joker’s First Appearance—Attack, that player does not pass or receive a card. The card he would have received is placed into the discard pile of the next player to the left.

So if everyone but you avoids it, you are the player to your left. You get your card.
This specific answer was given somewhere. Probably a forum. Maybe a rulebook, but I can't think of where.

This is an official ruling. TM

aggrotek
06-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Original set rulebook, page 12, under the Joker clarification:

The Joker: If a player avoids The Joker’s First Appearance—Attack, that player does not pass or receive a card. The card he would have received is placed into the discard pile of the next player to the left.

So if everyone but you avoids it, you are the player to your left. You get your card.
This specific answer was given somewhere. Probably a forum. Maybe a rulebook, but I can't think of where.

This is an official ruling. TM

Thanks for the quick response. In regards to Felix Faust Impossible Mode, would the only person left get weaknesses from the card they passed to their own discard pile?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the quick response. In regards to Felix Faust Impossible Mode, would the only person left get weaknesses from the card they passed to their own discard pile?

Yes, they would.

unclebill
06-26-2017, 06:52 PM

So, its not just declaring to defend or not. Its do and resolve effects for defenses, in turn order for all players, then resolve the attack as the conditions were before any defense effect. Ok, I can accept this. Otherwise, Mogo will never work for players earlier in the turn sequence, especially when defending twice is in effect.

Bladecom
07-21-2017, 03:04 PM
For Solomon Grundy - Crossover 1, would he count starting cards from LotR , such as Gimli's Axe, towards the total amount of Starter Cards?

I guess a better way to phrase it, are the Character Starting cards from those sets (Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King) considered to be Starter card type, along with their main type (Artifact, Manueuver).

Matt_Hyra
07-23-2017, 01:36 AM
For Solomon Grundy - Crossover 1, would he count starting cards from LotR , such as Gimli's Axe, towards the total amount of Starter Cards?

I guess a better way to phrase it, are the Character Starting cards from those sets (Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King) considered to be Starter card type, along with their main type (Artifact, Manueuver).

They are not card type Starter. They are Equipment and Maneuver. The word starter/starting in small print on the side is not a card type, just informational.

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2017, 05:23 PM
OK! With 2 new sets just released and more on the way soon, time to lock down this thread and start a new one.
Also, I moved all the Multiverse and BoP questions to the new thread.
Hopefully that helps keep the answers in one spot.