PDA

View Full Version : Needin' that Multiverse Box, Yo

Mac_Apple
04-08-2017, 02:55 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/hte9me.jpg

Finished sleeving all of these things yesterday. Omg. ;)

t_tibke
04-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Just.... glorious.

Carthain
04-12-2017, 10:25 AM
You didn't have them sleeved before?

Mac_Apple
04-12-2017, 09:03 PM
You didn't have them sleeved before?No, pretty much nobody I know does. They aren't extremely valuable, single TCG cards can cost the same as an entire box of these, so sleeving them never seemed pertinent.

Carthain
04-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Hrm... I sleeved mine up simply 'cuz I didn't want to have to buy them again (and, from all my Magic playing, I already had a whack-load of sleeves available to use.)

I just know how the amount of shuffling done can damage cards, and I didn't want any marked cards :)

Mac_Apple
04-13-2017, 10:07 AM
For us they lasted hundreds of games but inevitably people would shuffle poorly or spill a drink, whatever. Main decks are huge now but at least they're safe lol

Carthain
04-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Currently I store all my cards, sleeved up, in one of these: UltraPro Cub3 (http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3115).

It's handy ... except it's a pain to pick up and move. It really needs a handle :)

I'm hoping that this box that Cryptozoic is planning for us is easier carry from location to location (or even pick up to swap which cards are being used from game to game.)

LexLuthorJr
04-14-2017, 08:38 AM
What's the release date for this? I thought I read June 1st somewhere.

Matt_Hyra
04-14-2017, 10:11 AM
More like August 1st.

Bladecom
04-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Mate :(

SushiSquid
04-14-2017, 02:38 PM
I sleeved all of mine that we use after I noticed some of them getting a bit of wear. I was using a custom deck, but recently I've decided to switch back to separating the sets out, so I imagine I'll sleeve them all.

Bernado
04-16-2017, 01:45 AM
I pre-ordered the Multiverse box and I hope it can store sleeved cards.
I sleeve all my cards as soon as I open a box. I have even all the oversized cards laminated.
I'm saying this because the box on the Adventure Time Card Wars Doubles Tournament Game does not store sleeved cards.
It seems incredible at this time, that most gaming companies spend money on inserts that go to the trash as soon as you open the box.

Matt_Hyra
04-16-2017, 08:34 AM
Multiverse stores sleeved cards.

DimeDrl
04-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Multiverse stores sleeved cards.

<3 You. :D

shadowking01
04-18-2017, 03:28 PM
I know its probably silly to ask but how soon after the release of the mutliverse box can we expect to see birds of prey? I'm just curious

Matt_Hyra
04-18-2017, 05:56 PM
I know its probably silly to ask but how soon after the release of the mutliverse box can we expect to see birds of prey? I'm just curious

A month or so.

Bladecom
04-19-2017, 02:03 PM
So Aug for Multiverse then like Step/Oct for Crossover 6? Are we still expecting a release of TTG, CN AA, Rick & Morty, and the Convergence set this year, or a few these products expected to be pushed back to next year?

shadowking01
04-19-2017, 02:32 PM
I think multiverse was the convergence set unless I am completely wrong

Matt_Hyra
04-19-2017, 10:40 PM
So Aug for Multiverse then like Step/Oct for Crossover 6? Are we still expecting a release of TTG, CN AA, Rick & Morty, and the Convergence set this year, or a few these products expected to be pushed back to next year?

Yes.
Multiverse = Convergence.

Those are all still looking good for this year. TTG is the last in the queue, so if anything were to slip, that would be it.

Bladecom
04-20-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry I was talking about confrontations, the Base set that features Heroes vs Villains, sounded like a bigger set of Rivals.

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2017, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry I was talking about confrontations, the Base set that features Heroes vs Villains, sounded like a bigger set of Rivals.

Confrontations will be out in October/November.
It's a 2v2 (TeamvTeam) Rivals, also with rules for 2-3 players.

BenJazz
04-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Confrontations will be out in October/November.
It's a 2v2 (TeamvTeam) Rivals, also with rules for 2-3 players.

Great to see more info coming out for this. I did have some side questions about Confrontations:

- Will the main deck be "modular" to change what card are included based on the specific Heroes/Villains you are playing with?

- Do you have to play with the paired Hero/Villain (i.e. Superman/Lex, Zatanna/Faust) or can each side choose which characters they use independent of the other side?

- Are the Starters going to be identical sets or is there a plan to make unique sets based on the hero/villain pairings (since the set is being planned for 4 players instead of 5)?

Feel free to let me know if I should move this to a different thread as not to clog down the clarification section.

unLimitedEnds
04-20-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm really stoked for the Confrontations set! Will it fit in the multiverse box or would it be on its own? Will Batman vs. Joker fit in the box?

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Too soon to talk any more about Confrontations.
I suspect it will fit in the MV box. Certainly Rivals will.

CushionRide
06-13-2017, 08:36 PM
so is what I read true we will be dealing with multiple lineups? do they all spring from the same main deck?

oooo I really want to know how this works

Matt_Hyra
06-14-2017, 03:50 AM
so is what I read true we will be dealing with multiple lineups? do they all spring from the same main deck?

oooo I really want to know how this works

No, they don't come from the same main deck. They come from your collection.
Hopefully someone at Origins will post more after the show. I don't want to spoil it for them.

LexLuthorJr
06-19-2017, 09:18 AM
More like August 1st.

Is this still accurate?

Matt_Hyra
06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Is this still accurate?

Now looking to be closer to the end of August.
With limited supplies at GenCon, brought in at great expense for you, the fans.

LexLuthorJr
06-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Now looking to be closer to the end of August.
With limited supplies at GenCon, brought in at great expense for you, the fans.

Slick. I will be at GenCon. Will you be releasing a limited number each day? I will make a bee line for the booth Friday morning. I would be very sad if they sold out Thursday.

Matt_Hyra
06-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Slick. I will be at GenCon. Will you be releasing a limited number each day? I will make a bee line for the booth Friday morning. I would be very sad if they sold out Thursday.

Probably will allocate to several copies a day.
Bee-lining on Friday is recommended.

t_tibke
06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Probably will allocate to several copies a day.
Bee-lining on Friday is recommended.

Oh man. I'd love to get my hands on it. Haven't been to GenCon in far too long. Hmm...

Mac_Apple
06-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Matt, what's your booth number/location?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Matt, what's your booth number/location?

501 I think. Near the doors.

CushionRide
07-06-2017, 08:29 AM
ill send my friend sia to get the new stuff ^_^ just look for the unusually large Asian

shadowking01
07-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Matt, is there a confirmed date for this yet, like when in August because an online retailer that is overcharging for shipping and not offering the free two days with prime is saying august 23rd is this accurate or have you guys not decided upon a date yet

Matt_Hyra
07-31-2017, 09:35 PM
Matt, is there a confirmed date for this yet, like when in August because an online retailer that is overcharging for shipping and not offering the free two days with prime is saying august 23rd is this accurate or have you guys not decided upon a date yet

That date is not accurate as it will actually be sometime in early September. We will announce the date when we get closer.

BCYa
07-31-2017, 10:45 PM
What about the Birds of Prey - October?
And Confrontations - November?
And Teen Titans Go - December?

Matt_Hyra
08-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Birds in September.
The others are both "Fall 2017."

shadowking01
08-01-2017, 01:32 PM
I wish you guys put out an online catlog so we have a point of reference when its due out not a general fall or spring and so on

Matt_Hyra
08-01-2017, 03:21 PM
We are typically at the mercy of the factories, shipping companies, safety inspectors, port inspectors, distributors, etc. So rough estimates are all we can give until the product has been inventoried at the distributor. Which is typically 3 weeks before it will arrive in stores. Any release dates prior to that are guesses.

champyfan
08-01-2017, 04:02 PM
So, Multiverse Box and BoP will NOT be available at GenCon, is that right?

Matt_Hyra
08-01-2017, 08:35 PM
So, Multiverse Box and BoP will NOT be available at GenCon, is that right?

They will be available in limited numbers.

Bladecom
08-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Would a better question be, how many of those games are finished in design? I would assume Birds and Multiverse are 100% done, just waiting on production. What about the others like Confrontations, Teen Titans, Rick & Morty, & Animation Annihilation? Still play testing, tweaking cards, etc, or are some just a design document? I'm mostly just curious, since you guys seem to have a really big year with releases (Congratulations!).

Like, from start to finish, how long did it take you guys to design Attack on Titans: The Last Stand and release it? As well as its Cerberus game counter part?

Matt_Hyra
08-01-2017, 10:00 PM
All of those are done. Some are on the way, some are at the factory.

The Last Stand was an international partnership with outside designers, so it took about 2 years from start to finish.
The AOT deck-building game was an in-house design with a known engine, except for the Movement, Titans, and Co-Op. That one took a year.

Red21126
08-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Matt - I think it's tremendous PR and goodwill given how candid and responsive you are here. Thank you.