PDA

View Full Version : Rogues... Awesome!

midnight_rider
04-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Got my chance to play this weekend. Had a great time with this set. I like to mix crossover packs into the top half of the main deck to get the most flavor out of them. I'm hoping future crossovers maintain the 20+ main deck cards.

Beating the final Flash though.... took awhile. Almost as frustrating as a late game Atomica Supervillain.

As of now, Rogues is my favorite. In order...

Rogues
Arrow
LoSH
JSA (Love it... just needs more content)
Watchmen

aoineko
04-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Mixing the Crossover Pack into the top half has become the standard rule so that you get to see more of the new cards. We know people wanted more content, so all future Crossover Packs will be of a similar size. Yeah, the final boss can be really tough to beat. Its intented for the final boss to actually be a challenge to defeat.

t_tibke
04-09-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting to play this set! Is there a list of other cards recommended to go with the expansion, or just pick any base set and slam it in there? I also definitely like the careful attention to the build up of the Super-Hero stack.

aoineko
04-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Forever Evil is recommended, but it plays well with any base set.

shadowking01
04-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Well, I learned a valuable lesson the other week when incorporating the rogues because I didn't read the bottom of the cards, do not count on the team work cards beyond the initial vp in winning the game, abilities only, which is good and bad at the same time

SpiritDetective
04-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Has anyone tried playing using the Rogues main deck cards with Crisis 3?

GuruGuru214
04-19-2017, 05:25 PM
We tried it, and as I recall, the main deck cards seemed to be a good fit. Unfortunately, I can't say that for sure because we also combined Crisis mode with our usual Two Heads Are Better Than One variant, which completely broke the game this time.

One player used Weather Wizard with Bizarro, took out all our early game villains, and loaded himself up with Weaknesses to use for some pretty insane turns later on. Another used Captain Cold and Golden Glider, leading to massive hands every turn as he teamworked everyone like crazy. I had Killer Frost with Heatwave, and with how much I was getting teamworked, I had no problem using Killer Frost to destroy Villains without using power, giving me a free card every time I did (running the main deck out wasn't a problem at all).

So yeah, this really overshadows what was going on in the main deck in my memory of that game.

StormKing
04-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Crisis is designed to be played with 1 oversized character per player. If you found it easy using 2, might be time to take the training wheels off. ;)

StormKing
04-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Has anyone tried playing using the Rogues main deck cards with Crisis 3?

I've done this, they're a perfect fit. (Though I remove cards of the same type as the cards added as to not give added turns for the main deck.)

GuruGuru214
04-26-2017, 11:12 PM
Crisis is designed to be played with 1 oversized character per player. If you found it easy using 2, might be time to take the training wheels off. ;)

Yeah, for sure. While we love the two headed variant, our rule is that we're not allowed to use it in Crisis until we've beaten it as intended. Usually only takes us 2-3 tries to crack a new Crisis game. This game was just for fun, to see what nonsense combos we could pull off with the new characters.

Actually, now I'm really interested to see how Crisis would run using just one Rogues Super-Villain each.

StormKing
04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Yeah, for sure. While we love the two headed variant, our rule is that we're not allowed to use it in Crisis until we've beaten it as intended. Usually only takes us 2-3 tries to crack a new Crisis game. This game was just for fun, to see what nonsense combos we could pull off with the new characters.

Actually, now I'm really interested to see how Crisis would run using just one Rogues Super-Villain each.
The Rogues actually handle a Crisis really well!

SpiritDetective
04-27-2017, 11:04 AM
The Rogues actually handle a Crisis really well!

I'm thinking of mixing Crisis 3 main deck cards into Forever Evil and then shuffling Rogues main deck cards into the top half of the deck. I suppose we'll be using the Rogues Oversized Heroes instead of the Crisis characters.

Bladecom
04-27-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm thinking of mixing Crisis 3 main deck cards into Forever Evil and then shuffling Rogues main deck cards into the top half of the deck. I suppose we'll be using the Rogues Oversized Heroes instead of the Crisis characters.

I did that with my group, removing most of the duplicates in FE with the exception of Royal Flush gang, and the similar destruction cards like Amanda Waller to slim down the deck. Turned out very well, and was pretty fun for everyone.

I would just back off of using Golden Glider, as she is more powerful then the rest of the Oversized Cast from the set.

GuruGuru214
04-27-2017, 03:00 PM
I would just back off of using Golden Glider, as she is more powerful then the rest of the Oversized Cast from the set.

That depends, really. I went absolutely nuts with Golden Glider in a game where I got an early Patty Spivot (though this was partly because I was playing her with Saturn Girl, and Golden Glider should NOT be allowed the opportunity to Time Travel). But in our first Rogues game, we ran a single Rogues Super-Villain with Forever Evil as our main deck, and I ran away with it with Heatwave. (I only win every 10-15 games, I just did really well in those two.)

Depends on the main deck and what comes out.