PDA

View Full Version : "Rick and Morty: Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind" was awesome!

LexLuthorJr
06-19-2017, 08:50 AM
My friends and I had the opportunity to play the Rick and Morty Deck-Building Game "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind" at Origins. It was awesome! It played just like the other Cerberus DBGs, but with the comedy of Rick and Morty mixed in! I cannot wait to buy this when it comes out!

I'll post some Spoiler information soon.

LexLuthorJr
06-20-2017, 07:51 AM
So it plays pretty much like the other Cerberus games with some notable differences...

Card types in this game are Starter, Rick, Morty, Equipment, Special, and Location.

Portal Gun replaces the Kick stack. Portal Guns are Equipment, have zero VP, and are +2 with an additional effect.

Morty Waves replace Weaknesses. They are -1 VP, but count as zero VP if they are paired with a Genius Waves at the end of the game.

Starting hands are now seven Genius Waves (for +1 Power each) and one Beth, Jerry, and Summer each (each of whom have no effect).

There are no Locations in the main deck. Locations are in their own face-down Location stack. Locations are accessed and purchasable by playing Portal Guns.

The "Super Villain" cards are members of the Council of Ricks and are the card type Rick.

Over-sized "Super Heroes" are Happy Rick, Calm Rick, Annoyed Rick, Angry Rick, Drunk Rick, Crazy Rick, and Promo Rick.

TenDropChris
06-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I was at Origins myself and got to play. It's fun because there are cards where you have to act a certain way (like one card where you have to slow clap like Evil Rick) and if your play group is anything like mine, you're going to be doing a lot of things like that to begin with.

I really want to try mixing it with the Cartoon Network DBG.
1. There's a lot more equipment cards for Rick and Morty which CN: DBG really seems to lack despite having two characters trigger off it.
2.Extra card types which help characters like The Watersons or certain events.
3. Both sets have certain cards where you have to act like the characters depicted , which is going to be hilarious watching some of the more good natured characters like Clearance and Steven Universe interact with Rick.

shadowking01
07-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Is there a release date for this yet? I'm getting anatomy park in about a week and I wanted to know when Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind was due out so I figure out whether I buy it or ask it for a gift

Matt_Hyra
07-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Is there a release date for this yet? I'm getting anatomy park in about a week and I wanted to know when Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind was due out so I figure out whether I buy it or ask it for a gift

It's due to release in late October.

shadowking01
07-31-2017, 09:59 AM
I sort of want to play as the Scientist Formerly Known as Rick, I don't know why but I think it be awesome but since all the Ricks have been revealed it seems unlikely unless that is Promo Rick.

LexLuthorJr
07-31-2017, 01:35 PM
I sort of want to play as the Scientist Formerly Known as Rick, I don't know why but I think it be awesome but since all the Ricks have been revealed it seems unlikely unless that is Promo Rick.

Promo Rick is Promo Rick. The card says "Promo Rick".

"The Scientist Formerly Known as Rick" is a card in the main deck, however.

shadowking01
07-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Bummer, I thought that would've been interesting to play as instead of being a main deck card, playing a rick who isn't really a scientist anymore

DimeDrl
07-31-2017, 10:39 PM
It's due to release in late October.

;_; sooo far away... Totally a sqaunchy move...