PDA

View Full Version : New Promo At Origins

N-Finite
06-20-2017, 07:15 AM
I hear there was a new promo given away at Origins. What's the new promo? What does it do? When can we expect to get a copy?

LexLuthorJr
06-20-2017, 07:37 AM
Gypsy
Hero / Cost 2

Ongoing: When this card rotates upright, draw a card and this card gains a card type of your choice this turn.
Each time you play a card that shares a card type with this card, rotate this card 90 clockwise.

N-Finite
06-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Thanks! Hopefully, we can see a pic soon.

LexLuthorJr
06-20-2017, 07:57 AM
Soon enough for you? Sorry about the glare...

gerrymul
06-20-2017, 10:40 AM
:eek:

N-Finite
06-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Dude! I appreciate it! I'm sure many others do as well!

t_tibke
06-20-2017, 01:55 PM

I... I just.... they did that. So many new mechanical possibilities ranging through my head now. Boom.

Bladecom
06-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Is this a Promo only for events, and later a prize for the upcoming competitive circuit? Or will we see this released as a First edition for Birds of Prey or something, then on the BGG store?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Is this a Promo only for events, and later a prize for the upcoming competitive circuit? Or will we see this released as a First edition for Birds of Prey or something the BGG store?

Right now, just for Events. It's not a 1st Ed card for BoP. Crossovers don't have those.
Later on, it will be an Organized Play prize at stores.
Months after that, it will be on the BGG store.

Tamahome
06-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Hey Matt, question for you sir. Same card for gencon or will there be something different or additional? Any early products you foresee on sale early at gencon besides the multiverse?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Hey Matt, question for you sir. Same card for gencon or will there be something different or additional? Any early products you foresee on sale early at gencon besides the multiverse?

No new/additional promos at this time, though we do have the new version of Black Lighting with X can't be 0 text.
Gypsy will be given away in greater numbers at GenCon.
At Origins, only the winner of each qualifier got one, so we only gave out 6.
At GC, we will give one to each table winner heading into Round 2. So 24 people will get them.

Small quantities of Multiverse and Birds of Prey will be at GC at the booth. Maybe one other thing, but too close of a call to make right now.

Mac_Apple
06-21-2017, 08:02 PM
What's the time frame on Black Lightning and Vixen's public availability, do you think?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2017, 09:55 PM
What's the time frame on Black Lightning and Vixen's public availability, do you think?

Vixen will be out this summer as a League promo in stores.
Black Lightning will do that in the fall.
If you are asking about BGG store, possibly 6 months after each league ends.

LexLuthorJr
06-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Small quantities of Multiverse and Birds of Prey will be at GC at the booth. Maybe one other thing, but too close of a call to make right now.

Ooo... What other thing? :)

Matt_Hyra
06-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Ooo... What other thing? :)

Nope.

DimeDrl
06-30-2017, 07:26 PM
Vixen will be out this summer as a League promo in stores.
Black Lightning will do that in the fall.
If you are asking about BGG store, possibly 6 months after each league ends.

That's... forever. Especially considering too many game stores try to sell promos instead of giving them away like they're supposed to. And many of the ones given way at league play will just end up on eBay at $20 a pop. ;_;