View Full Version : Multiverse and Birds of Prey Sneak Peak at Origins 2017

Shawnrstaub285
06-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Just found these today!

https://youtu.be/_gr7rFDjm7U

https://youtu.be/t97YPF1XwGQ

SpiritDetective
06-28-2017, 11:47 AM
It sounds like Birds of Prey will be out before Gen Con (August 17) and Multiverse by end of July.

Matt_Hyra
06-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Maybe a little later than that...

gerrymul
06-28-2017, 04:41 PM

You're a horrible tease. Are you telling me you haven't got drones to airlift everything out the second it's ready?

Shawnrstaub285
06-28-2017, 05:21 PM

You're killing me smalls, you're killing me.!

Bladecom
06-28-2017, 05:22 PM
I can't wait for Birds of Prey, Multiverse, Confrontations, Animation Annihilation, Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind , and Teen Titans GO! to be released all before Q4~~ Right Matt? ;)

Can't be too upset over delays, as anything can happen.

I enjoyed the Interviews you guys did with BGG, hope to see more things like that soon for the other products.

unLimitedEnds
06-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Can't wait for all the products, by the end of July seems so far away! Organized my entire collection in anticipation!

Matt_Hyra
06-29-2017, 09:24 AM
All that should be out by end of year, yes.

boba_fouts
06-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Hi Matt,

Will the Multiverse box accommodate sleezed cards?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
06-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Hi Matt,

Will the Multiverse box accommodate sleezed cards?

Thanks!

Yes, very much so.

dforce316
06-30-2017, 09:56 PM
It's great that Birds of Prey is getting a randomizer tab. I guess what I would like to ask, and it will probably be something others will like to know. Is there a tab for Confrontations? And what about other games going forward, will they have randomizers included in there sets. For example, should there be a Crossover Pack 7, will it come with a randomizer to add it to the Muliti-verse Box?

midnight_rider
06-30-2017, 10:33 PM
Yes, future sets and crossovers will come with a randomizer card according to Cryptozoic. :)

Matt_Hyra
07-01-2017, 12:41 AM
Perhaps not every single product forever. Like if we did a 500 card set or a greatest hits album, we wouldn't bother with a tab.

Shawnrstaub285
07-02-2017, 04:34 AM
2 questions regarding multiverse:
How does one select their champions? Is it random or is there a mechanic to keep it fair and balanced.

Also, do you defeat those champions just by purchasing then as normal or is it done using the Rival rules of setting up a Confrontation?

Matt_Hyra
07-02-2017, 06:05 PM
2 questions regarding multiverse:
How does one select their champions? Is it random or is there a mechanic to keep it fair and balanced.

Since each player gets three, they do tend to average out. Each player gets a 9, 10, and 11, so it's not like one player gets a 13 you get three 9's. Note that if you have a particularly good one, you can't defeat it, so someone else will benefit from its play ability.

Also, do you defeat those champions just by purchasing then as normal or is it done using the Rival rules of setting up a Confrontation?

You don't have to declare it as a Confrontation, so it is basically just buying it. However, there are some cards in the set that might allow them to defend. And if the Rivals set comes out as an Event Line-Up, then it gets tricky. If you have a Rivals card that reads "During a Confrontation..." you must declare a Confrontation before playing it to get the bonus. This is all covered in the rulebook, btw, so you don't need to print out this post.

midnight_rider
07-02-2017, 06:59 PM
So according to the multiverse video, there is no player elimination. I had been wondering about that. Happy to see it's not the case.

Will it be possible to play a normal competitive game (no multiverse location, no champions, typical super villain stack of 8) and still use the event deck? I love the idea of trying to keep the event lineup around for your advantage, and trying to run it out against opponents.

Also, it's a way to get more variety in a normal game, without a gigantic stack of cards on the table.

Matt_Hyra
07-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Yes, you could do that. Let us know how it goes. At least one card references taking down champions, but you can just pull it when it shows up and replace.