PDA

View Full Version : Out of print titles

rickert
07-11-2017, 01:13 PM
I have just gotten into these deck building games but I notice some of the products are out of stock at my usual online retail places. Is that just them or are some of these items out of print?

Matt_Hyra
07-11-2017, 11:16 PM
The only ones that are out of print totally are Naruto, Street Fighter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit.
The rest are either still in print or have enough copies out there that you can find with some digging.

3012 and Penny Arcade are also out of print, but they aren't Cerberus Engine, so I suspect that was not the question.

Shawnrstaub285
07-12-2017, 04:32 AM
Everything, including out of print, typically is on Amazon.com

shadowking01
07-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Although Naruto at least on amazon is being gouged for above 150 bucks, you typically can find most in an under 100 dollar capacity, most under 40, the only ones I saw that were above were Naruto, Fellowship of the Ring and Desolation of Smaug.

SpatzAI
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
The three LOTR I got on Amazon for ~$12-20 apiece . Hobbit I also got on Amazon for $10, expansion I finally found someone on eBay selling a new copy for a fair price. Street Fighter I just picked up a used copy on eBay for $20 last week, but that and Naruto is, as has been mentioned, usually drastically overpriced. This is all over the last 2 years or so. My sister's family is into games and I used to have to learn some new complicated one every time we got together. My life is so much easier now that I keep them supplied with games in the same engine.

dforce316
07-12-2017, 11:24 PM
There are copies of Naruto out there somehwere at reasonable prices. I managed to find a copy in Wales for about 40euros i think and had it shipped to Australia. That was a bastard to find though. I got really lucky just looking at every online store from a hobby shop, after calling every shop shop in my state finding nothing.

rickert
07-13-2017, 05:29 AM
Thanks to all for sharing experiences of tracking down the games. Right now I am only playing DC but found one or two of those out of stock at my two normal online places. But what I am getting also is that none of these mentioned are going to be reprinted?

shadowking01
07-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Which ones that you are looking for are out of print? Maybe we can help you locate them?

rickert
07-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Miniature Market Did have Heroes Unite listed as out of stock but now they have 2 of them. I also thought CardHaus was out of it but it was the Heroes Unite playmat they are out of. It seems that now MM is only out of the base game and I think I have that coming Saturday in a trade. I have been playing a friend's copy and enjoying it quite a bit.

shadowking01
07-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Check amazon, at least for DC Deck builder you should find most of the sets at a reasonable price and if you want every card including promos check ebay, amazon and board game geek

CushionRide
07-17-2017, 10:30 PM
hey matt you should really grab a bottle of windex and clean up your webstore, all the out of print items are a real turnoff when looking there.

Red21126
08-05-2017, 08:40 AM
hey matt you should really grab a bottle of windex and clean up your webstore, all the out of print items are a real turnoff when looking there.

Disagree completely. It's nice to be able to easily find info on each of the products - even out of print. They're easy to find at online retailers.

The base DC game is out of stock at retailers, but I was able to find it on eBay from a seller (who had a bunch) right around MSRP.

Red21126
08-05-2017, 08:56 AM
^ Actually, apologize there CushionRide - I see you meant the eStore, I was referring to the product pages.

Red21126
08-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Forever Evil is inflated beyond MSRP on Amazon now (3rd party sellers only). I was able to snag a copy from an online board game store (last one). Seems like both the base and FE are going to be harder and harder to find for new folks to the game.

Matt_Hyra
08-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Forever Evil is inflated beyond MSRP on Amazon now (3rd party sellers only). I was able to snag a copy from an online board game store (last one). Seems like both the base and FE are going to be harder and harder to find for new folks to the game.

We are doing a small reprint on Forever Evil. It will be in hobby stores in mid-Sept.
We do reprints on the base set all the time. Not out of print.

Red21126
08-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Excellent to hear!

Matafer
09-19-2017, 09:33 PM
I would love to get a copy of Naruto for cheap. Every copy is about $200 CAN online for us, and no stores have it in stock. Seeing as the anime is popular, I'm not sure why you stopped printing it :)

shadowking01
09-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Sorry about that, its completlely vanished from ebay, so sadly unless cryptozoic does a reprint, that's what you have to pay to get it. I got lucky a few years ago and found a first print copy at my FLGS. So I would suggest checking your local game stores you might find a copy but online 200 is the cheapest you'll find it most likely.

DimeDrl
09-20-2017, 05:10 PM
I would love to get a copy of Naruto for cheap. Every copy is about $200 CAN online for us, and no stores have it in stock. Seeing as the anime is popular, I'm not sure why you stopped printing it :)

Didn't sell.

Coiser
09-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Not trying to piggy back on anyone's thread, but figured this was somewhat relevant as it might be an old DCDB item. Does anyone know anything about these playmats? The base-blue colored one looks to be real; the orange color one might be a computer image so it may not exist? Any info on when they came out, any ideas on where to get one, if they are fake, etc is appreciated!

Bladecom
09-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Not trying to piggy back on anyone's thread, but figured this was somewhat relevant as it might be an old DCDB item. Does anyone know anything about these playmats? The base-blue colored one looks to be real; the orange color one might be a computer image so it may not exist? Any info on when they came out, any ideas on where to get one, if they are fake, etc is appreciated!

Only playmats I know to be offical

https://i.imgur.com/8DxY57A.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/8DxY57A.jpg)

shadowking01
09-22-2017, 02:51 PM

I think those might be prizes from official tournaments because I could've sworn I saw one of those at DC Deck Building Tournament I particiapted in last weekend

Atmoz
09-22-2017, 05:13 PM
The orange one is the playmat that comes with the kit with vixens for tournaments at local game stores. Both that and the Base Set one are real.

DimeDrl
09-22-2017, 10:52 PM
The Forever Evil one is official as well. It was given out with the last tournament event a couple of years ago.

There's also the Heroes United one.

https://cryptozoic.com/dc-comics-deck-building-game-playmats

Four official mats in total.

Jim.McMahon
01-08-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm a little late here, but I'm currently looking for a copy of the Faramir promo set for the Lord of the Rings Return of the King set. If anyone has an extra, or knows of a reasonably priced one, please let me know.

Coiser
03-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Anyone have any info on this playmat?

We stream some DCDB and I would love this mat so I could get it on camera. I don't know when it came out but I would love to talk to anyone that has one for sale or trade!