PDA

View Full Version : Promo Cards

ALee
08-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Hi so I discovered this Deck building Game last year and have been collecting expansions, have quite a lot by now. But a thing more difficult to track down than expansions are promo cards especially considering I don't even know how to be certain weither or not I have them all. We should have a list somewhere, a list that could be updated like on a forum or something

So what I know exists out there is

DC
Martian Manhunter (DC DBG FP)
Starfire (Heroes unite FP)
Bane (Forever Evil FP)
KidFlash (Teen Titans FP)
Gotham Docks
Felix Faust
The Joker
Skitter
Black Lightning
Vixen
Gypsy

LOTR
Merry Pippin
Second Breakfeast
Eowyn (Two Towers FP)
I fear neither death nor pain (Two Towers FP)
Faramir (Return of The King FP)
I did what I judged to be right (Return of The King FP)
Arwen (Fellowhip of The Ring FP)
Ride Like the Wind (Fellowship of The Ring FP)
King Theoden
No More Despair
Gandalf
The Turn of Tide

Hobbit
Radagast

Cartoon Network
DeeDee (Crossover Crisis FP)

Naruto
Minato (Naruto FP)
Mecha Naruto (Ultimate ninja PS3 game)

Attack on Titan
Hange (AoT FP)

Street Fighter
Blanka (SF FP)
Lightning Canonball (SF FP)

NHL
Henrik Sedin

Rick and Morty
Promo Rick (RnM FP)

Volunteer Cards
gamer's Lucky Dice
Convention Center
Extraordinary Stamina
Cryyptozoic 2015 Volunteer (male)
Cryyptozoic 2015 Volunteer (female)
2016 ctz Volunteer (male)
2016 ctz Volunteer (female)

So the once I am struggling the most with figuring out is the LOTR and Hobbit promoes, is that all of them or am I missing something? I am in so much doubt it's infuriating, also I don't have any of the LOTR or Hobbit Promoes yet, but I pretty much colellcted everything else on my list.
Also yeah I got no clue where any of the LOTR promoes are from, could be First print promoes could be from conventions I dunno, someone correct me and update me please, educate me

gerrymul
08-03-2017, 02:02 PM
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?page=1&q=cryptozoic

Atmoz
08-03-2017, 04:22 PM
There's another promo Gypsy for DC that was released at origins game fair, but there's currently only 6 in circulation right now iirc.

ALee
08-04-2017, 12:56 AM
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?page=1&q=cryptozoic

BGG Store is unreliable for collecting promoes, yes it is cheap and yes they have a few and they are to some extend in rotation, but when I have to wait for a specific promo to appear without knowing which promoes would appear when and if ever, I cannot collect all promoes through that site

ALee
08-04-2017, 12:57 AM
There's another promo Gypsy for DC that was released at origins game fair, but there's currently only 6 in circulation right now iirc.

Gypsy? I didn't know, why is there only 6 in rotation, are they reprinting it? and if they are for what?

Atmoz
08-04-2017, 03:35 AM
They were given out to the winners at origins game fair, there was only 6 winners. I believe matt Hyra said there would be more given out at gen con and it would eventually be printed and sold on boardgamegeek

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2017, 09:06 AM
They were given out to the winners at origins game fair, there was only 6 winners. I believe matt Hyra said there would be more given out at gen con and it would eventually be printed and sold on boardgamegeek

Correct. Lots more at Gen Con. Even if you didn't get into a scheduled event, we are running pick-up games for 1 generic/player. Whenever 4 players are ready, they can play a deck-builder. The winner gets a Gypsy or other recent promo.

Mac_Apple
08-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Correct. Lots more at Gen Con. Even if you didn't get into a scheduled event, we are running pick-up games for 1 generic/player. Whenever 4 players are ready, they can play a deck-builder. The winner gets a Gypsy or other recent promo.Glad to know you have generic matches again! I'll be by at least once.

What's the prognosis on Black Lightning? With all the caveats in his ability, will he be receiving a new printing soon? (Obviously not before Gen Con)

Also, @ALee, who is Hakase under Attack on Titan? Do you mean Hange?

ALee
08-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Glad to know you have generic matches again! I'll be by at least once.

What's the prognosis on Black Lightning? With all the caveats in his ability, will he be receiving a new printing soon? (Obviously not before Gen Con)

Also, @ALee, who is Hakase under Attack on Titan? Do you mean Hange?

Yes I did in fact mean Hange, thank you for the correction ^^

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2017, 03:40 PM

New version available at GenCon has: (X cannot be 0.)

Mac_Apple
08-04-2017, 08:32 PM
New version available at GenCon has: (X cannot be 0.)What about the new The Atom/Talon/Savagery/any two cost 1 cards loop? Specifically when paired with Tornado and Per Degaton.

No problem with house ruling it personally, just curious on your input since other people have pointed it out.

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2017, 10:32 PM
What about the new The Atom/Talon/Savagery/any two cost 1 cards loop? Specifically when paired with Tornado and Per Degaton.

No problem with house ruling it personally, just curious on your input since other people have pointed it out.

I'm fine with a promo card that goes off with some very specific card combos and then a lucky draw (meaning it will happen rarely).
BL won't be used for Tournaments.

ALee
08-07-2017, 03:13 AM
I never found out weither or not I was missing some on my list for the cerberus medievil engine, if anyone knows please educate me

Bladecom
08-07-2017, 01:43 PM
LotR - Return of the King Promos
Faramir
I Did What I Judged to be Right

Lotr - Two Towers
Éowyn
I Fear Neither Death Nor Pain

NHL Power Play 2014
Henrik Sedin

There is another Promo for NHL for first printing, I can't recall who it was suppose to be. I think it's similar to Naruto's situation though, since First Print boxes seem to be the only thing out there.

Other then that, there are 5 Volunteer cards, with the Crpytozoic Logo, these were handed out in 2015.
There are 2 Oversized Character cards, both with the same effect, with either male or female artwork, along with 3 main deck cards. if you were given these cards, you were only given 1 character card and the main deck cards, so probably impossible to get a full set of this at this point.

http://imgur.com/a/WMOEf
Best images I got of them, from what people have posted.

I think that's everything that was missing from your list. There will technically be two versions of Black Lightning and Vixen, with an errata'd effect for Black Lightning and updated DC Logos for both cards...

I almost got a full set myself, basically missing Kid Flash, Volunteer Promos, and Gypsy. Looking to get a hold of them, or at least proper scans at some point. Anyways, happy hunting, a good number of them turn up on Ebay, and people do trade on BGG.

ALee
08-08-2017, 02:21 AM
LotR - Return of the King Promos
Faramir
I Did What I Judged to be Right

Lotr - Two Towers
Éowyn
I Fear Neither Death Nor Pain

NHL Power Play 2014
Henrik Sedin

There is another Promo for NHL for first printing, I can't recall who it was suppose to be. I think it's similar to Naruto's situation though, since First Print boxes seem to be the only thing out there.

Other then that, there are 5 Volunteer cards, with the Crpytozoic Logo, these were handed out in 2015.
There are 2 Oversized Character cards, both with the same effect, with either male or female artwork, along with 3 main deck cards. if you were given these cards, you were only given 1 character card and the main deck cards, so probably impossible to get a full set of this at this point.

http://imgur.com/a/WMOEf
Best images I got of them, from what people have posted.

I think that's everything that was missing from your list. There will technically be two versions of Black Lightning and Vixen, with an errata'd effect for Black Lightning and updated DC Logos for both cards...

I almost got a full set myself, basically missing Kid Flash, Volunteer Promos, and Gypsy. Looking to get a hold of them, or at least proper scans at some point. Anyways, happy hunting, a good number of them turn up on Ebay, and people do trade on BGG.

The convention promoes sounds incredible difficult to get ones hands on

ALee
08-08-2017, 02:34 AM
Matt are you still distributing the volunteer promoes for volunteers at current conventions?

Matt_Hyra
08-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Matt are you still distributing the volunteer promoes for volunteers at current conventions?

We might give the 2016 promo to the vols this year, since the 2017 will be shipped to them after the show.

SpatzAI
08-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Hey folks, looks like BGG restocked. Last night I got the last Bane and a Gotham City Docks (which they have none left as of now). Missed out on the Martian and Skitter (assuming they actually had any, but they weren't on the page before). They are showing 11 Starfires and 5 Jokers as I type this.

Link I use:
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?q=cryptozoic

JediGeekGirl
08-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Hey folks, looks like BGG restocked. Last night I got the last Bane and a Gotham City Docks (which they have none left as of now). Missed out on the Martian and Skitter (assuming they actually had any, but they weren't on the page before). They are showing 11 Starfires and 5 Jokers as I type this.

Link I use:
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?q=cryptozoic

Damn I missed Bane, Skitter, AND Docks. :( I did get a Joker though *yay* :)
However on the others it's ....back to overpriced and fingers crossing ebay....

shadowking01
08-22-2017, 04:16 PM
@Jedi Geek Girl I saw a listing for a 249 dollar set of all the games that had the promos but I wouldn't go for it because its used and the original owner marked up some of the cards. I'll keep an eye out if Kid Flash shows up again

JediGeekGirl
08-22-2017, 04:28 PM
@Jedi Geek Girl I saw a listing for a 249 dollar set of all the games that had the promos but I wouldn't go for it because its used and the original owner marked up some of the cards. I'll keep an eye out if Kid Flash shows up again

I saw that.....ya that's crazy.

Bladecom
08-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Kinda odd, I saw about 10+ of the 2017 version of Vixen hit Ebay..

Already have the 2016 version, so I don't need it.. hopefully nothing shady happen.

JediGeekGirl
08-23-2017, 07:54 PM

Already have the 2016 version, so I don't need it.. hopefully nothing shady happen.

What is the difference?

Bladecom
08-23-2017, 08:00 PM
What is the difference?

Copyrights on the bottom changed, and updated DC logo from what I can tell.

shadowking01
08-23-2017, 08:25 PM

At first I thought a copy of Gypsy hit ebay but then saw it was just Vixen and I already have it and the 2016 version of Black Lightning Anyways

shadowking01
08-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Well, the first copy of Gypsy hit ebay and as of now its too rich for my blood.

Bladecom
08-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Agreed, but hopefully something will come down the line.

Saw Black Lightning 2017 promo and Kid Flash Hit ebay as well, and it's been a very long time since they've been up, and I'm pretty much at a complete collection now outside of Gypsy and Volunteer promos.

DimeDrl
08-28-2017, 06:39 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Deck-Building-Game-Gypsy-Promo-Cryptozoic-Very-Rare-Card-/401393245011?hash=item5d74e6db53:g:SF4AAOSweQBZpJg-

PLEASE come up with a better system for promo cards. This is just obscene and waiting on promos to show up on BGGStore just for them to sell out in 30 minutes is getting old.

And this is coming from someone who has gone to multiple conventions in the L.A. area over the years just to go to the Crypto booth. I spent $50 for one day at Anime Expo two years ago just to get the Joker promo. shadowking and I went to Wonder-Con last year just for LotR-Desolation of Smaug and the Ghostbusters II demo.

We're devoted and on your side and this promo thing is still driving us batty. The guy who owns our local FLGS in Bellflower is sick of us asking if he's gonna take part in the upcoming Crypto organized play because we're the only ones that show up every time he does it. Work with us here.

shadowking01
08-29-2017, 08:35 AM
I agree Dime, at least last years promos had enough in circulation it was about 20 a pop after Gen Con, this is way too rich for my blood, 75 dollars, I'll wait for the next round of this promo to enter circulation and get it then, I honestly don't think its worth 75 being a main deck card and even if it was an oversized card that's still overpriced.

Red21126
08-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Does the Martian Manhunter super hero card show up in any other sets - or is it only available as the promo to the base set?

Bladecom
08-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Does the Martian Manhunter super hero card show up in any other sets - or is it only available as the promo to the base set?

There is a Crisis version of him in Crisis 1.

Red21126
08-29-2017, 10:01 AM
There is a Crisis version of him in Crisis 1.

Thank you. Same powers - +3 w/ two villains or +3 w/ two heroes played?

Bladecom
08-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Thank you. Same powers - +3 w/ two villains or +3 w/ two heroes played?
Nothing that good.

Once during each of your turns, if you have played two or more Heroes, choose a player. That player may put a Hero from his discard pile on top of his deck.

Jim.McMahon
01-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Jumping in here to ask if anyone has one of the LotR:RotK Faramir promos... I have an extra Eowyn & I fear neither death nor pain set I could trade...

MStreva89
01-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Is there a difference between the 2015 Cryptozoic Volunteer and the 2016 version? If so, does anyone have an image of this?

Also, question for Cryptozoic. When do you expect Black Lightning and Vixen to show up on the BGG store?

julio
01-17-2018, 10:02 AM
When do you expect Black Lightning and Vixen to show up on the BGG store?

And gypsy!!

Matt_Hyra
01-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Is there a difference between the 2015 Cryptozoic Volunteer and the 2016 version? If so, does anyone have an image of this?

Also, question for Cryptozoic. When do you expect Black Lightning and Vixen to show up on the BGG store?

One of them will be there this summer.

DimeDrl
01-17-2018, 08:47 PM
One of them will be there this summer.

Does that mean the Black Lightning promo Organized Play kits will be going up soon?

Matt_Hyra
01-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Does that mean the Black Lightning promo Organized Play kits will be going up soon?

Around June. So not "soon."

DimeDrl
01-18-2018, 09:30 PM
Soon enough for me. :D

CushionRide
02-15-2018, 09:24 AM
I seriously hope you have errata'd black lightning if not it will go im my banned box as soon as I get it.

Matt_Hyra
02-15-2018, 11:34 AM
I seriously hope you have errata'd black lightning if not it will go im my banned box as soon as I get it.

It has been. "X cannot be 0."

CushionRide
02-15-2018, 06:34 PM
he can be broken with 1 costs too. for example........ I have a total of 7+ different 1 cost cards in my main deck, all have to play is per degaton, or lightning strike, and use 1 costs. still infinite combo. ive said this before, he needs to be ONE USE ONLY. that is the only way he is not broken. AND what I want to know, is, is your new errata going to be printed on the card. it needs to be. or else people that don't visit the forum like us, will go nuts on his wording like my group did.

GuruGuru214
02-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Sounds like your group needs to relax. "X cannot be 0" is more than enough. Making him once per turn only would nerf him into the ground. What makes promo cards fun is that they have unusual abilities, and not every loophole in the game needs to be sealed up airtight.

My group was actually really upset to hear about the errata. It makes him a much less interesting card for us. We were lucky enough to get our hands on a pre-errata copy at one of BenJazz's tournaments, and it's been a lot of fun for us without ever breaking the game, so that's the version we intend to keep using. If "X cannot be 0" isn't a strict enough addition for your group, go ahead and house rule that he can only be used once a turn.

CushionRide
02-16-2018, 06:04 AM
your group is upset about the errata because they like over powered characters

here is my first experience with Black Lightning. before we knew there was errata for him. we used to play double characters just for fun. once in a while it got OP but it was still interesting to see what you could come up with. my friend wound up with black lighting and shazam. and he was grinning ear to ear. me not suspecting anything was like sure lets do this. and I had a good combo too so I wasn't to worried. right off the top of the deck he got bumblebee. ok didn't care. I wound up with avatar of the rot right away. cool ill start flushing him with weaknesses. sweet. not sweet. with only 2 weaknesses he literally bought the entire main deck. our game lasted about 10 turns.. bumblebee and 2 weeknesses without errata gave him infinite power and he could do it every turn as long as he had a discard pile and a weekness in hand. which I was providing.

so I agree with the errata. to a point. until the same friend broke him again with the errata using what I just posted above. yes it happens. lol heck in confrontations he broke felix faust right off the start the first time we played the game. he got THE DEEP location. it was sooo stupid. but wait. hold on. im reading this card for the first time. its black lightning as a location WTF. and its once per turn lol HA HA HA......

BenJazz
02-16-2018, 06:45 PM
The great thing is a group doesn't have to play with a specific character if they don't want to. If they feel a card is too over-powered or under-powered, then they can decide on a house-rule or choose not to play with that character. Given ALL the characters with such VARYING mechanics that Cryptozoic has come out with I expect there to be some outliers in both directions. It is hard to avoid given the breadth of releases in the series.

Also, as we get further into discussion, I would like to throw out the friendly reminder to be mindful of others participating in the discussion and respect differing viewpoints. There isn't always a right or wrong answer to a topic.