PDA

View Full Version : How I can I tell if a box is first printing?

JediGeekGirl
08-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Hey everyone, I used to be really into DC and had everything for it but I had to let it go. I am looking to start back up again, but sadly it is from scratch. I have a good start, but now I am now looking to acquire Forever Evil and Teen Titian. I am kind of having an issue on how to acquire Kid Flash and Bane since the first printing of both are those are not out there anymore. Is there another way to get these promos beside hoping to get lucky on Ebay resales or do I have to wait to get lucky on Ebay? Kind of really sucks if That is the case.

PS. If any wants to help me back from scratch please reach out. I would love to be where I was before.

LexLuthorJr
08-12-2017, 02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the First Print of both of these had a sticker on the front that said "First Print Promo Inside".

Most sellers on ebay use a stock photo, but if you ask them nicely they should be able to tell you if it says it is a First Print.

JediGeekGirl
08-12-2017, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty sure the First Print of both of these had a sticker on the front that said "First Print Promo Inside".

Most sellers on ebay use a stock photo, but if you ask them nicely they should be able to tell you if it says it is a First Print.

Ya I saw that after I posted, which is why I tried changing my question a little bit.

shadowking01
08-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Otherwise you'll have to check ebay for the cards themselves I checked this morning and all I saw really was Joker, Starfire, Felix Faust, Gotham City Docks and Martian Manhunter, no bane or Kid Flash and expect to pay more than the games at this point. I hunted my set of promos down back when there was ample supply the cheapest for starfire and martian manhunter is around 25 dollars. Starfire's only other listing is close to 50. The joker promo only has one listing for about 23. So unless Crypto prints all these cards along with Bane, Kid Flash, Skitter again, the only chance to use them is if you have a friend who has the promos

Atmoz
08-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Otherwise you'll have to check ebay for the cards themselves I checked this morning and all I saw really was Joker, Starfire, Felix Faust, Gotham City Docks and Martian Manhunter, no bane or Kid Flash and expect to pay more than the games at this point. I hunted my set of promos down back when there was ample supply the cheapest for starfire and martian manhunter is around 25 dollars. Starfire's only other listing is close to 50. The joker promo only has one listing for about 23. So unless Crypto prints all these cards along with Bane, Kid Flash, Skitter again, the only chance to use them is if you have a friend who has the promos

Or you can print off the cards you're missing and use them that way if you're not wanting to spend the $20+ on each promo

JediGeekGirl
08-14-2017, 12:29 AM
I can understand the application of First Printing Promos, but later on it can be a deterrent to newer players. Eventually after a set period of time, why wouldn't you make these promos easier or release more to the wild for new comers? Personally, I want to give Cryptozoic my money for TT and FE, but I can not and will not spend money for these sets without these promos or a way to acquire the promos.

Bardoly
08-14-2017, 04:34 AM
They do send a lot of them to the Geek Store at boardgamegeek.com, and you can get them for like 5 bucks or less at that time.

shadowking01
08-14-2017, 09:46 AM
All I saw on BGG is felix faust, and since crypto I haven't seen a response from Matt in days we have no way of knowing when Kid Flash and Bane will be made available again, along with Joker and all the others. I hope Matt sees this and is able to help out Jedi Geek Girl

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2017, 11:53 AM
We still have Jokers. Get them at Gen Con. Kid Flash and Bane are out of stock. Reprint unlikely, as they were First Printing Promos.

shadowking01
08-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Not even as part of that tournament thing you guys are starting this year?

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Not even as part of that tournament thing you guys are starting this year?

If you are talking about League, those have Vixen.

SpiritDetective
08-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Have Leagues started yet?

JediGeekGirl
08-14-2017, 04:44 PM
We still have Jokers. Get them at Gen Con. Kid Flash and Bane are out of stock. Reprint unlikely, as they were First Printing Promos.

As a consumer that is very very disappointing

DimeDrl
08-14-2017, 07:34 PM
As a consumer that is very very disappointing

Hopefully there will something like a finseal pack of promo cards at some point down the line.

I'm still holding out hope that at some point all the Regular oversize hero cards in the crisis sets will get a Crisis mode versions released along with Crisis mode cards for all the promo cards too. Maybe they could all end up being released together as a set around the size of a crossover set. Something like 36 oversize cards, mostly the crisis cards for characters without Crisis modes so far plus all the promo cards and maybe a few new things.

All a hope though. ;>_>

JediGeekGirl
08-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Hopefully there will something like a finseal pack of promo cards at some point down the line.

I'm still holding out hope that at some point all the Regular oversize hero cards in the crisis sets will get a Crisis mode versions released along with Crisis mode cards for all the promo cards too. Maybe they could all end up being released together as a set around the size of a crossover set. Something like 36 oversize cards, mostly the crisis cards for characters without Crisis modes so far plus all the promo cards and maybe a few new things.

All a hope though. ;>_>

Ya idk, it seems like a valid business opportunity but I don't know the logistics.

Afterword
08-17-2017, 03:46 PM
I can understand the application of First Printing Promos, but later on it can be a deterrent to newer players. Eventually after a set period of time, why wouldn't you make these promos easier or release more to the wild for new comers? Personally, I want to give Cryptozoic my money for TT and FE, but I can not and will not spend money for these sets without these promos or a way to acquire the promos.

I agree. White Wizard has a good solution for their Star Realms promos. A year or so later they release them in a pack with the same abilities and names but different art, so the original promos (for Kickstarter or whatever) are still unique but no one's missing out on content... eventually.

JediGeekGirl
08-17-2017, 07:11 PM
I agree. White Wizard has a good solution for their Star Realms promos. A year or so later they release them in a pack with the same abilities and names but different art, so the original promos (for Kickstarter or whatever) are still unique but no one's missing out on content... eventually.

Maybe do a promo pack, after two years maybe. The game is old enough.

shadowking01
08-18-2017, 03:59 PM
You might want to check with Crypto Directly because on their e-store it states that Teen Titans and Forever evil still are in the first printing by that I mean the picture has the first printing label still on it

JediGeekGirl
08-18-2017, 05:40 PM
You might want to check with Crypto Directly because on their e-store it states that Teen Titans and Forever evil still are in the first printing by that I mean the picture has the first printing label still on it

If so that would be too good to be true my luck, sadly I don't think I am that lucky.

shadowking01
08-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Once the nonsense with Ghostbusters the Board Game 2 has passed send that question to their customer service portal. You might just have a chance since the sticker is still listed on those but not on the pictures for the first two sets

shadowking01
08-22-2017, 09:49 AM
@JediGeekGirl saw this on ebay thought you might be interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Deck-Building-Card-Game-Crossover-Pack-6-Birds-Of-Prey-With-Bane-Promo-/112534240264?hash=item1a33903c08:g:VQQAAOSwgeRZml7 P

JediGeekGirl
08-22-2017, 03:25 PM
@JediGeekGirl saw this on ebay thought you might be interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Deck-Building-Card-Game-Crossover-Pack-6-Birds-Of-Prey-With-Bane-Promo-/112534240264?hash=item1a33903c08:g:VQQAAOSwgeRZml7 P

Who do you think is the solo bidder? ;) *Fingers crossed* Anyways thank you for sharing, if I get this then I can pick up the Forever Evil Expansion