PDA

View Full Version : Promise to a Friend situation

Deanalank
08-14-2017, 11:11 PM
A game I just played with a friend of mine just had two very specific situations occur regarding the Promise to a Friend card that we were unsure how to deal with

1) My friend was playing Killer Frost and we aren't sure what would happen if Promise to a Friend had been targeted with her ability

2) I was playing as the Joker promo and wasn't sure how/if the Joker would function if I were to play Promise to a friend

Any help would be appreciated

Matt_Hyra
08-15-2017, 10:31 AM
1. Killer Frost can still play cards from the Line-Up. However, instead of being destroyed, the cards are not destroyed.

2. You cannot destroy a Villain, so you won't be able to activate The Joker's ability.

BenJazz
08-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Would the cards that Killer Frost would have destroyed get returned to the Line-Up?

Matt_Hyra
08-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Would the cards that Killer Frost would have destroyed get returned to the Line-Up?

Yes.

DimeDrl
08-16-2017, 12:20 AM
I feel like the "Can I use an ability, in a chain, to destroy a card that is not in my desk?" question comes up frequently. The next main set should including this question in the frequently asked questions section with the answer, "Unless a card specifically states so, no. Cards that would normally be returned to their source after being played by an ability are still returned to their source after a chain."