PDA

View Full Version : DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VI

SpiritDetective
08-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Regarding Multiverse:

1. By confronting, the player who defeats a champion will have no cards in their hand to defend from the defeated Champion's First Appearance Attack?

2. If a player uses Vanishing Point and destroys a Starter, do they gain nothing?

3. For Skartaris, are your Starters considered part of the main deck's set?

4. Crisis on Infinite Earths triggered Alternate Reality (from Crisis 1). The confusion was "may contribute to beating a Crisis". Does this refer to only the contribute keyword in Crisis 3 or does it mean if a player can take action to beat a Crisis, he must take action to beat it.

The scenario was one player had 12 cost worth of Heroes in his discard pile while the everyone else had none. Was that lone player forced to destroy those 12 cost worth of Heroes to beat the Crisis?

Mac_Apple
08-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Usually a triggered effect, such as an effect on an Oversized Super Hero, happens after the card has fully resolved. Just to make sure, while I am Catwoman, can I play Lady Vic, then rotate the Lady Vic I just played via Catwoman's effect?

If I steal an Ongoing card and that Ongoing card has an "end of turn" effect, who receives the "end of turn" benefit? The player who stole the card, or the player who owns it?

aoineko
08-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Usually a triggered effect, such as an effect on an Oversized Super Hero, happens after the card has fully resolved. Just to make sure, while I am Catwoman, can I play Lady Vic, then rotate the Lady Vic I just played via Catwoman's effect?

Yes, you can rotate the Villain card you played.

If I steal an Ongoing card and that Ongoing card has an "end of turn" effect, who receives the "end of turn" benefit? The player who stole the card, or the player who owns it?

That depends when the card you stole is returned. If it is returned prior to end of turn, the owner gets it. If it is returned at end of turn, you can choose which order to resolve the effects in. If you want that end of turn effect, resolve it before the return effect.

Matt_Hyra
08-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Regarding Multiverse:

1. By confronting, the player who defeats a champion will have no cards in their hand to defend from the defeated Champion's First Appearance Attack?

Correct. Your hand must be empty to defeat a Champion.

2. If a player uses Vanishing Point and destroys a Starter, do they gain nothing?

If you draw a random set that has 0-cost cards, you would gain a 0-cost card. You typically only gain cards intended for the main deck, "unless cost is to be considered." Since Vanishing Point deals with cost, you might end up gaining a random 0-cost card.

3. For Skartaris, are your Starters considered part of the main deck's set?

Yes. The rules say to use the Starters, Weaknesses, and Kicks from the main deck's set.

4. Crisis on Infinite Earths triggered Alternate Reality (from Crisis 1). The confusion was "may contribute to beating a Crisis". Does this refer to only the contribute keyword in Crisis 3 or does it mean if a player can take action to beat a Crisis, he must take action to beat it.

The scenario was one player had 12 cost worth of Heroes in his discard pile while the everyone else had none. Was that lone player forced to destroy those 12 cost worth of Heroes to beat the Crisis?

Yes, that player would have to destroy 12 cost worth of Heroes. We did mention that the card was not for the faint at heart...

SpiritDetective
08-23-2017, 10:55 AM
If you draw a random set that has 0-cost cards, you would gain a 0-cost card. You typically only gain cards intended for the main deck, "unless cost is to be considered." Since Vanishing Point deals with cost, you might end up gaining a random 0-cost card.

So if you destroy a starter with Vanishing Point and draw Forever Evil, there's a chance you would gain a Punch, Vulnerability, or Weakness from the Forever Evil set?

Yes, that player would have to destroy 12 cost worth of Heroes. We did mention that the card was not for the faint at heart...

Wait, what if two or more players contribute. How does it decide who gets screwed more? For example, one more card is needed and everyone has contributed equally and everyone has equal amount to contribute.

Also, if requirements can be fulfilled by someone else can you refuse?

Matt_Hyra
08-23-2017, 01:47 PM
So if you destroy a starter with Vanishing Point and draw Forever Evil, there's a chance you would gain a Punch, Vulnerability, or Weakness from the Forever Evil set?

Yes

Wait, what if two or more players contribute. How does it decide who gets screwed more? For example, one more card is needed and everyone has contributed equally and everyone has equal amount to contribute.

Also, if requirements can be fulfilled by someone else can you refuse?

We told you this was not for the faint at heart. That is why we said you can take it out if you don't want any trouble. Probably should have players destroy Heroes one at a time in turn order until it has been beaten. You can't refuse to help beat it.

SpiritDetective
08-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks Matt! Your response should appease my fellow players.

Mac_Apple
08-27-2017, 10:32 PM
If I target "once per turn" effects on Oversized Super Hero cards with two Jericho attacks, can I use that effect twice? I.E, if you "have" a Super He's game text multiple times, can you use their "once per turn" effect once per instance of the game text, netting the effect twice?

Ex.

My opponent is Katana. I control Clocktower at 180į. I also control two Equipment.
I target Katana with my Jericho and the attack succeeds. I rotate Clocktower 90į via Katana's game text.
I use Cadmus Labs to play Jericho a second time.
I target Katana again. I have Katana's game text twice. I rotate Clocktower 90į via the second instance of Katana's game text and take an extra turn.

Matt_Hyra
08-28-2017, 12:24 AM
If I target "once per turn" effects on Oversized Super Hero cards with two Jericho attacks, can I use that effect twice? I.E, if you "have" a Super He's game text multiple times, can you use their "once per turn" effect once per instance of the game text, netting the effect twice?

Ex.

My opponent is Katana. I control Clocktower at 180į. I also control two Equipment.
I target Katana with my Jericho and the attack succeeds. I rotate Clocktower 90į via Katana's game text.
I use Cadmus Labs to play Jericho a second time.
I target Katana again. I have Katana's game text twice. I rotate Clocktower 90į via the second instance of Katana's game text and take an extra turn.

Each instance of the game text is a separate entity that can be used once per turn. So both instances in your example will work.

unclebill
08-30-2017, 09:27 AM
For teen-titans, super-villain, slade-wilson, the on-going text says,
" At the start of each of your turns, you may draw until you have five cards in hand."
So, once a player draws one or more cards, can the player stop drawing before having a hand of five cards?

Matt_Hyra
08-30-2017, 12:09 PM
For teen-titans, super-villain, slade-wilson, the on-going text says,
" At the start of each of your turns, you may draw until you have five cards in hand."
So, once a player draws one or more cards, can the player stop drawing before having a hand of five cards?

No. You choose whether or not to draw. If you choose to draw, you draw to 5 cards in hand.

SpiritDetective
09-05-2017, 01:59 PM
For Birds of Prey,

During my turn, if I use Vixen to gain and rotate 360 degrees Clocktower from the lineup, would I take an additional turn after I finish my current turn?

Matt_Hyra
09-05-2017, 03:53 PM
For Birds of Prey,

During my turn, if I use Vixen to gain and rotate 360 degrees Clocktower from the lineup, would I take an additional turn after I finish my current turn?

Yes!

Coiser
09-06-2017, 08:42 AM
Hey Matt, I have a question about some of the multiverse cards related to the cycle of cards that are worded:

"Choose a base set in the Multiverse. Gain a random (insert card type..Villain, Superpower, etc) from that set...."

These are worded differently than Crisis Lex Luthor who directs you to "Place a random Crisis Super Hero/Villain [ from outside the game ] into play...."

Two Questions:

1.) How should we make a list of cards that can be randomly chosen? Should we count each unique card only once, or have an entry for each copy of that card in the deck? i.e. If we are gaining a random Superpower, do we have lots of entries for kicks, then mostly one's and two's for the other cards (yielding kick as the most gained card statistically) or do we just have one entry for kick (giving each unique card the same probability of being gained)?

2.) What are the places we can gain these cards from? Can we gain it if its currently in the main deck (this involves looking through the deck to find it.. seems like a bit of a stretch), a card in the destroyed pile (I can see this), cards not in the game (seems like this is intended), and -> Cards that are currently in someone else's hand/deck (really reaching here)?!

Note: Question two gets into my mention of Crisis Lex, as he clearly states "from outside the game", while these cards don't; leaving open the possibility to gain a card that is in the game.

Side Note: Excellent game, really looking forward to all the new stuff you're putting out for it this year!

aoineko
09-06-2017, 09:43 AM
1) You can only gain cards from the main deck cards of that set. So, no, you can't gain a Kick. You should not only have one entry per card. You should take into account how many copies there are of each card.

2) When it says "in the Multiverse" it literally means in the storage box, so no, you can't gain a card from the main deck, destroyed pile, or any player's deck. It is essentially the same as "from outside the game," but before you didn't have a fancy box we could reference.

Coiser
09-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Lets say our main deck is Heroes United.

I play Flashpoint Aquaman and choose a base set in the multiverse.

I'll choose Forever Evil.

I random card #35. It goes in my hand.

Later someone else plays Flashpoint Aquaman. They choose forever evil. They random card #35.

Card #35 is in my deck. They have to go in my deck/hand to get it.

I'm not sure what else that is supposed to mean. There is no 'if the card is in the multiverse then put it in your hand' text of any sort. It says to get that card and put it in your hand.

Gain a random (x) "from that set" tells me that any card that came inside of the box when I bought it is up for grabs. Hence the question on how to count the number of each card from that set.

I do not see any supporting evidence to imply that 'gain a random card from that set' means anything other than what it says.

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2017, 10:48 AM
1. No need to make tables of odds. Just grab that particular deck, shuffle it, then start flipping cards until you hit a Super Power.
2. Just cards in the box.

As for your second post: See answer #1 above. There are no duplicate results, as you should not use a chart/table/list. Just use the decks. Since you are gaining cards "from the Multiverse" (the box), you can't gain a card that belongs to someone else.

fllrtndvd
09-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Hello,

A few questions regarding Multiverse mode:

1) If my final champion is defeated, am I still able to confront the player on my left?

2) Does Green Arrow's bow affect the cost of my opponent's champions?

3) If I play the new Parallax card, and opt to remove it from the game, does the +4 power generated remain?

And finally, a question came up the other night regarding the superhero Animal Man defeating Captain Cold - since his text refers to cards you have played, can he "look back" at the cards you played already this turn to see if his bonus qualifies once he flips back up? I get that heroes like Superman or Batman wouldn't work for cards played while they're face down (since they can't "see" cards that you play when they're flipped over), but the wording on Animal Man is slightly different.

Thanks!

aoineko
09-09-2017, 10:02 AM
1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

fllrtndvd
09-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Thanks much for the quick reply! Several more questions came up during our first Multiverse playthrough last night.

1) Telos' first appearance attack - if a player has collected less than 6 VPs (or none), do they just put out what they can? If so, should they try to make it as even as possible? Or alternatively, do the VPs come from the "pool"?

2) Deimos' stack ongoing ability - are we to be adding a card from the event's set to the event line-up, and one from the main deck base set to the main line-up? And if so, it's only if the main deck runs out that Deimos wins - not if the event's set runs out?

3) If there are less than 5 cards in a set (let's say there are only 4 left) and it's drawn by the randomizer as the new event set, should we put out the 4, or just draw a new randomizer card until we get a set with enough cards to make a full line-up?

4) Is it possible for the event deck to run out? If so, would we just shuffle it and start over?

5) The "destroy all non-X" cards from Watchmen (like Owlship) - it's clear enough what to do if I choose the main line-up (just destroy the appropriate cards and replace them from the main deck). But how does it interact if the event line-up is chosen - specifically if the line-up is temporarily empty? Are they replaced by new cards from the same event set before the event changes? Or do we get a new event before the card finishes resolving - and if THAT is the case, do the "replacement" cards come from the old set or the new?

6) Also regarding those "destroy" cards from Watchmen, when the Blackest Night event is in play (when a non-0-cost card is destroyed, it goes into the event lineup instead) - if I target the event line-up, does anything happen? Let's say I've destroyed a non-hero card with Owlship. Does it just stay in the line-up? Or does it temporarily move to the destroyed pile, get replaced, and then go BACK to the event line-up?

I think that's it for now. Awesome game, we had a ton of fun. Some things wound up a little wonky. :-)

Thanks again!

Matt_Hyra
09-10-2017, 08:16 AM
1. They come from the pool.
2. Both cards added come from the main deck.
3. Just put out the four.
4. Possible. Don't reshuffle. Just continue without any Events.
5. You don't check for the Event Line-up being empty during the resolution of a card. So it was not really empty.
6. It goes back immediately. It does count as having been destroyed.

Carthain
09-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Ok, haven't seen this question yet so hopefully not a repeat: With Birds of Prey, there's a card (attack) that rotates cards counter-clockwise 90 degrees. If this rotates a card upright - does that trigger "when this card is rotated upright" abilities? Or do those only trigger from being rotated clockwise?

Matt_Hyra
09-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Ok, haven't seen this question yet so hopefully not a repeat: With Birds of Prey, there's a card (attack) that rotates cards counter-clockwise 90 degrees. If this rotates a card upright - does that trigger "when this card is rotated upright" abilities? Or do those only trigger from being rotated clockwise?

That will trigger it, so be careful!

Violetstreams
09-10-2017, 09:42 PM
When playing Multiverse, how do champions with "stack ongoing" work?

moxxshadow
09-11-2017, 08:49 AM
When playing Multiverse Mode, would the legal targets for J'onn J'onzz (Base Set 1) only be Braniac, Telos, or Deimos or is the card able to target the Stacks of your foes?

Matt_Hyra
09-11-2017, 10:30 AM
When playing Multiverse, how do champions with "stack ongoing" work?

We called your pile of Champions a "stack" to remind people that Stack Ongoing abilities are active, and every player has to deal with it at the appropriate time. It's mostly Impossible Mode guys who have it, so you asked for it...

Matt_Hyra
09-11-2017, 10:32 AM
When playing Multiverse Mode, would the legal targets for J'onn J'onzz (Base Set 1) only be Braniac, Telos, or Deimos or is the card able to target the Stacks of your foes?

Just the new 3. That is the "Super-Villain Stack." The players have "Champions."

Carthain
09-11-2017, 11:32 AM
We had a case come up - I think it's Impossible Mode Captain Cold? Basically his attack turns down your super-hero card, and when defeated you can discard a card at random to flip it back up.

So, in multiverse:
1) I believe it says that any 'ongoing' abilities on champions end once any champion or super-villain is defeated. Is that correct?
2) If someone is attacking a Champion while that card is out, then their hand must be empty. Does that mean that they are forgoing the opportunity to flip their super-hero back up? (and instead should go for one of the super-villains?)

SpiritDetective
09-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Is Confrontations considered a base set in the Multiverse?

Violetstreams
09-11-2017, 01:31 PM
We called your pile of Champions a "stack" to remind people that Stack Ongoing abilities are active, and every player has to deal with it at the appropriate time. It's mostly Impossible Mode guys who have it, so you asked for it...

So, specifically for Crisis 2 Mr. Freeze, since we can only play four cards from our hand is our hand considered empty to confront him after we play the four cards?

Matt_Hyra
09-11-2017, 02:46 PM
So, specifically for Crisis 2 Mr. Freeze, since we can only play four cards from our hand is our hand considered empty to confront him after we play the four cards?

Yes.

SpiritDetective
09-12-2017, 09:30 AM
If Impossible Mode Atomica is revealed to be your champion, does her Stack Ongoing effect apply to all players?

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2017, 11:34 AM
If Impossible Mode Atomica is revealed to be your champion, does her Stack Ongoing effect apply to all players?

Yes. As always, Impossible Mode is not for the faint of heart.

SpatzAI
09-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Birds of Prey questions:

1) For Huntress, define "avoid an attack". Is that the same thing as "uses a defense against an attack" or does it have a more involved meaning?
2) Back Alice, is the borrowed card returned as an Ongoing regardless of what you did to it? If so, does it keep the same rotation?
3) If a Super Hero or card say "rotate a card you control" instead of "you may rotate a card you control" does that mean you have no choice whatsoever if its a Super Hero affect or your only choice is not to play the card for a regular card? The "mays" just seem random, Oracle and BC don't have a may, Huntress and Catwoman do.
4) How does Cupid play out? Does everyone get hit with an attack or do I choose who to attack? I know they have to choose whether or not to defend before I'd say which card of theirs I'd pick, but it wasn't clear to me whether I even have to give them a chance to Defend.

Forever Evil
5) Question about 3 of the "you can destroy a card you played" villains Black Adam, Bane, and Joker. What is the timing where you have to declare when you will choose to destroy a card? For Black Adam it seemed like you have to declare it as you play it. The Joker sounds like I could do it any time. Bane I couldn't decide. Just picked up Bane from BGG so wanted to have that clear before I use it with/against my family next week

Final thing and I'm NOT volunteering. All the answers from the forums desperately need a Wiki.

Thanks

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2017, 05:22 PM
1. Using a Defense to avoid an Attack.
2. Yes, it is returned regardless of what you did to it and it retains the new rotated status (if any).
3. If it doesn't say "may" then you must.
4. Check the rules card under Specific Card Clarifications. You choose which (if any). You may decline to rotate a foe's card if you wish.
5. Indeed, Bane and Black Adam must choose right after the card has resolved. Joker can do it anytime at his leisure.

Mac_Apple
09-14-2017, 01:05 AM
If I play the top card of the main deck, another player's hand, etc, can I copy it via Magic, Clayface, etc?

If I play a card such as Grant Wilson, are Heroes that are not currently in play, such as one I played from the top of the main deck, counted for additional +1 Power?

Matt_Hyra
09-14-2017, 09:38 AM
If I play the top card of the main deck, another player's hand, etc, can I copy it via Magic, Clayface, etc?

Only if it remains in play until the end of your turn. You can't copy something that is not in play.

If I play a card such as Grant Wilson, are Heroes that are not currently in play, such as one I played from the top of the main deck, counted for additional +1 Power?

No

SpiritDetective
09-15-2017, 09:23 AM
What happens when I buy White Lantern Corp while the event Flashpoint is active? Am I considered to own White Lantern Corp?

Matt_Hyra
09-15-2017, 12:02 PM
What happens when I buy White Lantern Corp while the event Flashpoint is active? Am I considered to own White Lantern Corp?

Yes. You destroy it, get a random Villain from the Multiverse, then gain White Lantern Corps back.

SoulFire93
09-20-2017, 10:16 PM
While the Final Crisis event is active, are the cards in the event line-up affected by cards such as The Owlship? Under the same conditions, would the player NOT be able to gain the cards from the event line-up with Princess Diana of Themyscira since card types are unknown?

Matt_Hyra
09-20-2017, 10:44 PM
While the Final Crisis event is active, are the cards in the event line-up affected by cards such as The Owlship? Under the same conditions, would the player NOT be able to gain the cards from the event line-up with Princess Diana of Themyscira since card types are unknown?

They would not be be affected by The Owlship or Princess D. They have no card type while face down.

imimmortl
09-21-2017, 07:43 AM
How does the "cost 3 more to defeat" super villains count up cards from both lineups? Follow-up question does Starfire promo choose the lineup to check for a super power or again do both lineups count?

"Cost 3 more to defeat" example
Stack Ongoing: Sinestro costs 3 more to defeat for each Hero in the Line-Up.

Matt_Hyra
09-21-2017, 11:15 AM
How does the "cost 3 more to defeat" super villains count up cards from both lineups? Follow-up question does Starfire promo choose the lineup to check for a super power or again do both lineups count?

"Cost 3 more to defeat" example
Stack Ongoing: Sinestro costs 3 more to defeat for each Hero in the Line-Up.

In both cases you choose just one of the Line-Ups. The bottom of page 6 of the rulebook has that explanation for those curious. Although it refers to "playing" cards and choosing one Line-Up, the same principle applies.

HufflepuffHunter
09-21-2017, 04:53 PM
If a champion costs more toe defeat depending on what's in the Line-Up, who gets to choose which Line-Up? Is it the player confronting or the player whose champion it is?

Matt_Hyra
09-21-2017, 06:02 PM
If a champion costs more toe defeat depending on what's in the Line-Up, who gets to choose which Line-Up? Is it the player confronting or the player whose champion it is?

The player who has that Champion.

SpiritDetective
09-21-2017, 10:02 PM
I am playing Multiverse.

I play Star Man (from Legion of SuperHeroes). Do I get to choose which lineup I add the top card of the main deck and do I get to choose which lineup I check for the +Power?

My friend thinks that if I pick event lineup to add the card, I have to use the event lineup to check for power.

Drewsky56
09-21-2017, 10:47 PM
How do Geokinesis and a card that has been granted "Ongoing" by Firestorm Matrix interact? Can that card be discarded by Geokinesis's effect?

Matt_Hyra
09-22-2017, 10:22 AM
I am playing Multiverse.

I play Star Man (from Legion of SuperHeroes). Do I get to choose which lineup I add the top card of the main deck and do I get to choose which lineup I check for the +Power?

My friend thinks that if I pick event lineup to add the card, I have to use the event lineup to check for power.

You choose which Line-Up to add the card to, and whatever Line-Up that is, you pick. Check the bottom of page 6 for rules on how to add cards to the Event Line-Up.

Matt_Hyra
09-22-2017, 10:23 AM
How do Geokinesis and a card that has been granted "Ongoing" by Firestorm Matrix interact? Can that card be discarded by Geokinesis's effect?

Yes. The Matrixed card literally gains the Ongoing keyword, so it is a legal target.

Atmoz
09-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Let's say I was playing with multiple heroes and had catwoman and swamp thing, if I rotated a location in the lineup and it didn't get bought, would it remain rotated?

Matt_Hyra
09-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Let's say I was playing with multiple heroes and had catwoman and swamp thing, if I rotated a location in the lineup and it didn't get bought, would it remain rotated?

It would not remain rotated.

KALofKRYPTON
09-25-2017, 04:39 AM
Hi, I'm a recent convert to the DCDBG and have managed to get a few of the sets.

I tried searching for this, but couldn't quite find an answer.

While playing Forever Evil, the Super Hero ('villain' stack) cards for Wonder Woman and Batman call for you to choose up to 3 hero or equipment cards (respectively) up to cost of six power.

i thought that this is up to cost of 6 for the combined card total, but my playing parter thought up to six for each of the cards - which we played and seemed grossly over powered?

Any advice is appreciated.

gerrymul
09-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Each of the 3 cards can be up to 6 cost

Attila
09-25-2017, 10:27 PM
I have a question regarding some cards in the Birds of Prey expansion.
If I'm playing Black Canary and I have Cheshire out rotated 270. I then play Whip to turn Cheshire upright.
Black canary says "Each time a card you control rotates upright, you may put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck."
Cheshire reads "When this card rotates upright, draw a card"
Can I choose the order of resolution? Or does Cheshire resolve first because it was the card being rotated.

aoineko
09-25-2017, 10:59 PM
I have a question regarding some cards in the Birds of Prey expansion.
If I'm playing Black Canary and I have Cheshire out rotated 270. I then play Whip to turn Cheshire upright.
Black canary says "Each time a card you control rotates upright, you may put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck."
Cheshire reads "When this card rotates upright, draw a card"
Can I choose the order of resolution? Or does Cheshire resolve first because it was the card being rotated.

Both events are happening at the same time, so you would choose the order they resolve in.

KALofKRYPTON
09-26-2017, 01:31 AM
Each of the 3 cards can be up to 6 cost

Thanks gerry!

Atmoz
09-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Does swamp thing control all locations in both multiverse lineups, or does he have to pick one like cards Rioters?

Matt_Hyra
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Does swamp thing control all locations in both multiverse lineups, or does he have to pick one like cards Rioters?

He has to pick one.

BenJazz
10-01-2017, 12:59 PM
My wife and I had a few things pop up in our most recent game with the Multiverse Mode.

1. For the over-sized Shazam! character, can he use his ability to gain the top card of the Event Line-Up set or is he restricted to only gaining from the top of the regular Main Deck?

2. For the Zero Hour and The New 52 events, is the text from the events added to the current text on the cards or does it completely replace the text (similar to some previous Crises cards)?

3. What is the extent of valid cards that you "own" for Warlord? Are cards you control, have in hand, or have in your discard pile all valid to put back into a Line-Up? Are there any additional zones I am missing?

Shawnrstaub285
10-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Is the "Last man standing" rule for champions only in affect if Brainiac is on the supervillian stack?

Matt_Hyra
10-01-2017, 07:34 PM
My wife and I had a few things pop up in our most recent game with the Multiverse Mode.

1. For the over-sized Shazam! character, can he use his ability to gain the top card of the Event Line-Up set or is he restricted to only gaining from the top of the regular Main Deck?

Main deck only. The Event deck is not a deck you can interact with.

2. For the Zero Hour and The New 52 events, is the text from the events added to the current text on the cards or does it completely replace the text (similar to some previous Crises cards)?

Adds to it.

3. What is the extent of valid cards that you "own" for Warlord? Are cards you control, have in hand, or have in your discard pile all valid to put back into a Line-Up? Are there any additional zones I am missing?

You own all cards that came from your deck. All of those are valid. You aren't missing any.

Matt_Hyra
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Is the "Last man standing" rule for champions only in affect if Brainiac is on the supervillian stack?

Not only when Brainiac is on the stack. It's a game rule. Brainiac's main function is to end a game early if one player is totally dominating and no one else can even hit 10 Power. THAT is only in effect while he is on the stack.

GuruGuru214
10-03-2017, 06:30 PM
So the Multiverse rulebook says to set up the game using only non-Crisis oversized characters. Telos doesn't include "non-Crisis" in his text. So are Crisis characters valid targets for Telos, or is he only meant to pull from the pool of characters that were available at the start of the game?

Matt_Hyra
10-03-2017, 10:46 PM
So the Multiverse rulebook says to set up the game using only non-Crisis oversized characters. Telos doesn't include "non-Crisis" in his text. So are Crisis characters valid targets for Telos, or is he only meant to pull from the pool of characters that were available at the start of the game?

Only from the start of game pool.

Atmoz
10-04-2017, 01:02 AM
If joker time travels computo and opts to destroy does it return to the lineup immediately or at the end of turn?

Matt_Hyra
10-04-2017, 10:19 AM
If joker time travels computo and opts to destroy does it return to the lineup immediately or at the end of turn?

Yes, the rule of Time Travel is "...when it leaves play, return it." So it goes back to the Line-Up immediately.

LRoq617
10-04-2017, 11:58 AM
When Red Son Superman is played, do the Kicks from said base set get factored in as well?

Bladecom
10-04-2017, 03:09 PM
In the Rules under Main Deck it says:

"None of the following cards should ever be placed into the main deck: Super-Villains, Punch, Vulnerability, Kick, Weakness, or the oversized Super Hero cards. The main deck is made up of every other card in the game."

Now, I've had a few instances where a kick and Super Villians/Heroes has entered the line up, usually from a first appearance attack, like Blackfire or Brother Blood from Teen Titans, but what happens when we're forced to move cards from the line up back into the main deck? Some examples would be the promo, Gotham City Docks and selecting the card, Time Sphere from Crossover 3, or if the card is already destroyed, using Stargirl from Forever Evil.

I just wanted to be clear if that rule is only for game set up purposes, and if we're allowed to place these cards in the main deck during the game from card effects.

If we are allowed to place Super Villains into the main deck, and say they come out later, would it trigger their first appearance attack?

Matt_Hyra
10-04-2017, 03:14 PM
When Red Son Superman is played, do the Kicks from said base set get factored in as well?

No. Last sentence of the third paragraph, page 4 of the Multiverse rules: "Only cards intended for the main deck are eligible to be gained from a set..."

Matt_Hyra
10-04-2017, 03:16 PM
If we are allowed to place Super Villains into the main deck, and say they come out later, would it trigger their first appearance attack?

Any card CAN end up in the Line-Up and possibly even the main deck.
No, a Super-Villain would not makes its FAA when it appears in the Line-Up, as it already appeared on the stack.

gerrymul
10-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered already. Playing Multiverse and the Corrupted Companion Crisis comes out. What happens when a player defeats that Super Villain - does it go into their discard pile and then get used like defeated Champions do or is it removed from the game? I am presuming it gets used as you aren't doing the other 'Crisis Mode' things like destroying villains, etc.

Matt_Hyra
10-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered already. Playing Multiverse and the Corrupted Companion Crisis comes out. What happens when a player defeats that Super Villain - does it go into their discard pile and then get used like defeated Champions do or is it removed from the game? I am presuming it gets used as you aren't doing the other 'Crisis Mode' things like destroying villains, etc.

You would get it, otherwise no one would ever bother defeating it.

GuruGuru214
10-07-2017, 01:55 AM
If all the cards from a set in the Multiverse get bought or destroyed, what happens to the Randomizer card? Is it removed from the game, or does it become a dead card in the deck?

Matt_Hyra
10-07-2017, 12:53 PM
If all the cards from a set in the Multiverse get bought or destroyed, what happens to the Randomizer card? Is it removed from the game, or does it become a dead card in the deck?

It becomes a dead card.

SpiritDetective
10-09-2017, 09:37 AM
If the Event is Flashpoint and I buy Brainiac, do I destroy it and get a random Hero from the Multiverse? Does Flashpoint also affect the buying of Champions?

Matt_Hyra
10-09-2017, 10:33 AM
If the Event is Flashpoint and I buy Brainiac, do I destroy it and get a random Hero from the Multiverse? Does Flashpoint also affect the buying of Champions?

Yes and yes. You might want to end the FP event before taking down the bigger guys.

gerrymul
10-09-2017, 04:10 PM
You would get it, otherwise no one would ever bother defeating it.

But you'd have to in order to beat the Crisis as well as to avoid getting the FA Attack every time that player's turn came around. The Crisis on Infinite Earths Event specifically states that all players lose if the game ends and the Crisis is in play.

Matt_Hyra
10-09-2017, 10:49 PM
But you'd have to in order to beat the Crisis as well as to avoid getting the FA Attack every time that player's turn came around. The Crisis on Infinite Earths Event specifically states that all players lose if the game ends and the Crisis is in play.

Yes, but in the end you are not playing by Crisis rules, so nothing is preventing you from collecting the card when you defeat it.

Mac_Apple
10-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Ok, I really need this to be explained...

I know cards such as Magic can't target cards you have played this turn, that are no longer in play (such as a card played by Shazam!).

What about cards like Winged Warrior. Say you play Shazam! and play a Hero from the top of the main deck. Then, play Winged Warrior. Can Winged Warrior see that you played a Hero this turn, if it is no longer in play?

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2017, 10:00 PM
Ok, I really need this to be explained...

I know cards such as Magic can't target cards you have played this turn, that are no longer in play (such as a card played by Shazam!).

What about cards like Winged Warrior. Say you play Shazam! and play a Hero from the top of the main deck. Then, play Winged Warrior. Can Winged Warrior see that you played a Hero this turn, if it is no longer in play?

Yes. Things that are not in play may be counted, but they cannot be interacted with.

IAmTheGreat
10-16-2017, 02:31 PM
For the Aquaman villain whos first appearance attack reads "mill until you hit a starter. If your deck runs out this way stop and gain 3 weaknesses." if your final card is a starter would you gain 3 weaknesses? Had a debate about this last night

Matt_Hyra
10-16-2017, 02:50 PM
For the Aquaman villain whos first appearance attack reads "mill until you hit a starter. If your deck runs out this way stop and gain 3 weaknesses." if your final card is a starter would you gain 3 weaknesses? Had a debate about this last night

Your deck does run out when you discard that Starter, so you do gain 3 Weakness cards.

WLCMike
10-16-2017, 11:20 PM
That will trigger it, so be careful!

What if that happens but it triggers a +4/5 power but it isnt that person's turn? Do they get the power on their turn or do they lose it?

gerrymul
10-17-2017, 10:27 AM
What if that happens but it triggers a +4/5 power but it isnt that person's turn? Do they get the power on their turn or do they lose it?

Power generated outside of your turn cannot be stored/saved. It just goes away.

SpiritDetective
10-20-2017, 11:01 AM
If you use the Riddler (Base Set) while Flashpoint is active and the top card you gain from the main deck is a villain, do you destroy it and gain a random hero?

Matt_Hyra
10-20-2017, 11:52 AM
If you use the Riddler (Base Set) while Flashpoint is active and the top card you gain from the main deck is a villain, do you destroy it and gain a random hero?

You do not destroy it. You keep it. Note that Flashpoint uses the term "buy," while The Riddler effect "gains" the card.

WarHippy
10-24-2017, 02:55 PM
I love this game, and our group has been playing it consistently since Hero's Unite came out. With the introduction of the Multiverse I decided to finally look up all of the interactions in order to ensure smooth gameplay with all the sets combined (although I'm still missing Crisis 3 and all the crossover packs). I have read and taken notes of all 200+ pages of forum posts from the previous DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications threads :D but there are still some things I'm not clear on.

1. Can oversized Red Tornado gain his +2 power before effects such as Slade Wilson or Oa cause you to shuffle up and draw?

2. If I do gain a starter/weakness/kick from another base set (most likely from the Vanishing Point location)does that card actually count as being from a different set. If so, do weaknesses from different sets get destroyed when Bizarro puts them onto the weakness stack?

3. Does using Clayface to replay a location allow you to use that location's ability a second time even though it never changed zones? (and yes, I know I can only choose a location I put into play that turn).

4. In Forever Evil, when Martian Manhunter or Cyborg does their First Appearance Attack, can I choose to discard a second card of the appropriate type even if the first one I discarded was Element Woman or Shapeshift. If so, could I then discard Element Woman AND Shapeshift?

5. Does the card type granted by Garfield Logan persist even if it moves into a hidden zone. (Example: Discarding a weakness and giving it the hero type so that I can put it on top with Skeets and then trying to draw it with the New Genesis Location.)

Edit - 6. If I play Killer Croc through the use of Shazam/X-ray Vision/Wonder Women/etc... do I get the additional power if I play a villian later on in the turn?

And lastly, from the Street Fighter DBG, the Soldier of Justice card says to return two cards of the chosen type to your hand. Should it instead read 'return up to two cards...?'

Thanks

On a different note, we found an easy-to-follow infinite power combo in Teen Titans that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: Cadmus Labs + Plasmus with no cards in your deck or discard pile. This has actually happened (and of course he was Kid Flash to buy all the cards in the maindeck lol).

WarHippy
10-24-2017, 04:55 PM
On the multiverse game setup, are we supposed to see our locations and champions before we choose our over-sized hero?

Also want to look at this

The second game ending condition "If only one player has Champions remaining on their stack, that player wins. Do not count Victory Points." feels like it has made for awkward (unfun) game play. This ending condition negates any sort of strategy designed for late game (i.e. assembling combos and point multipliers). It rewards the lucky players who get all the strong power early and just goes for champions, especially when block cards are so rare.

I really do appreciate the flavor of Last Champion Standing as a game ending condition, but not counting up VP's is still a bit much for our group. We are simply electing not to observe the whole condition since we always play our games out to the end even if one person IS clearly winning.

Matt_Hyra
10-25-2017, 11:12 AM
On the multiverse game setup, are we supposed to see our locations and champions before we choose our over-sized hero?

Also want to look at this

The second game ending condition "If only one player has Champions remaining on their stack, that player wins. Do not count Victory Points." feels like it has made for awkward (unfun) game play. This ending condition negates any sort of strategy designed for late game (i.e. assembling combos and point multipliers). It rewards the lucky players who get all the strong power early and just goes for champions, especially when block cards are so rare.

I really do appreciate the flavor of Last Champion Standing as a game ending condition, but not counting up VP's is still a bit much for our group. We are simply electing not to observe the whole condition since we always play our games out to the end even if one person IS clearly winning.

You get to see your oversized Location before choosing your SH/SV. The Champions come after that.

If one player seems to be ahead, the Location-generated Attacks should slow that player down.

It's fine if you want to count VPs in your group. We were trying to deliver a new play experience since the format is so PvP. Keep in mind that when a player loses their last Champion, the only chance they have to win is if Deimos is defeated. So VPs are not always useless. I'd be a little concerned that the player who beats Telos will win about 75% of the time, however. He was not balanced for an "always count VPs" game. I'd knock him down to 2 VPs per player & Telos if you always count VPs.

Shawnrstaub285
10-26-2017, 04:36 AM
How do you handle the Felix Faust promo first appearance attack when triggered by your multiverse location? It reads "choose 1 card and put it in front of you then pass the remaining cards in your hand to the left. Keep doing this until no cards remain in any player's hand. Since the multiverse location only hits one for, how does this resolve?

gerrymul
10-26-2017, 09:29 AM
How do you handle the Felix Faust promo first appearance attack when triggered by your multiverse location? It reads "choose 1 card and put it in front of you then pass the remaining cards in your hand to the left. Keep doing this until no cards remain in any player's hand. Since the multiverse location only hits one for, how does this resolve?

Same way it does for Amazo, Joker, or Brainiac presumably. Only players participating receive cards.

Matt_Hyra
10-27-2017, 10:10 AM
I love this game, and our group has been playing it consistently since Hero's Unite came out. With the introduction of the Multiverse I decided to finally look up all of the interactions in order to ensure smooth gameplay with all the sets combined (although I'm still missing Crisis 3 and all the crossover packs). I have read and taken notes of all 200+ pages of forum posts from the previous DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications threads :D but there are still some things I'm not clear on.

1. Can oversized Red Tornado gain his +2 power before effects such as Slade Wilson or Oa cause you to shuffle up and draw?

Start of turn effects happen before you can use a Super Hero ability.

2. If I do gain a starter/weakness/kick from another base set (most likely from the Vanishing Point location)does that card actually count as being from a different set. If so, do weaknesses from different sets get destroyed when Bizarro puts them onto the weakness stack?

That would count as a different set. Weaknesses would go on the stack regardless of set.

3. Does using Clayface to replay a location allow you to use that location's ability a second time even though it never changed zones? (and yes, I know I can only choose a location I put into play that turn).

No.

4. In Forever Evil, when Martian Manhunter or Cyborg does their First Appearance Attack, can I choose to discard a second card of the appropriate type even if the first one I discarded was Element Woman or Shapeshift. If so, could I then discard Element Woman AND Shapeshift?

EDIT::: You can't "over-discard," but you could discard that single type second card first instead of discarding a card that could cover both types first.

5. Does the card type granted by Garfield Logan persist even if it moves into a hidden zone. (Example: Discarding a weakness and giving it the hero type so that I can put it on top with Skeets and then trying to draw it with the New Genesis Location.)

The effect does not persist.

Edit - 6. If I play Killer Croc through the use of Shazam/X-ray Vision/Wonder Women/etc... do I get the additional power if I play a villian later on in the turn?

Yes

And lastly, from the Street Fighter DBG, the Soldier of Justice card says to return two cards of the chosen type to your hand. Should it instead read 'return up to two cards...?'

It isn't "up to" on purpose. So you either get 2 or 0 cards. You can't pick 1.

On a different note, we found an easy-to-follow infinite power combo in Teen Titans that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: Cadmus Labs + Plasmus with no cards in your deck or discard pile. This has actually happened (and of course he was Kid Flash to buy all the cards in the maindeck lol).

Isn't Cadmus Labs "Once during each of your turns" ?

WarHippy
10-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Isn't Cadmus Labs "Once during each of your turns" ?

Yah, but when you pitch Cadmus Labs to Plasmus's effect it gets shuffled into your deck as your only card and then you draw it. Once you replay it I assumed you could use the location's ability again (and return Plasmus to your hand).

Coiser
10-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Yah, but when you pitch Cadmus Labs to Plasmus's effect it gets shuffled into your deck as your only card and then you draw it. Once you replay it I assumed you could use the location's ability again (and return Plasmus to your hand).

I followed all of this, seems like a good way to generate infinite power then buy the whole lineup + main deck. Nice!

Matt_Hyra
10-27-2017, 05:43 PM

That works. Once it becomes hidden in your deck, it becomes a new card the next time you play it.

SoulFire93
10-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Had this come up once when mixing sets. Is the Chameleon Boy player allowed to discard a card even if he has no cards to target in the line-up? The whole point is he was also playing Harley Quinn.

Also a side note, it hasn't happened in any of our games yet, but when mixing sets an infinite power combo with Molecular Vibration + Central City is also possible with no cards in deck and discard pile.

Matt_Hyra
10-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Had this come up once when mixing sets. Is the Chameleon Boy player allowed to discard a card even if he has no cards to target in the line-up? The whole point is he was also playing Harley Quinn.

No, you need to have a legal target.

Also a side note, it hasn't happened in any of our games yet, but when mixing sets an infinite power combo with Molecular Vibration + Central City is also possible with no cards in deck and discard pile.

If you can engineer this unlikely scenario, you deserve it!

Matafer
10-29-2017, 09:44 AM
In Forever Evil, when Aquaman attacks, a game I played, said that he makes you put four 0 cost cards on top of your deck and if you out 0 cards you gain a weakness.

The player argued he had three 0 cost cards so he would gain a weakness instead. Clearly the sentence has periods lol. Is their an official ruling.

Also when villains attack, foes everyone havw to announce if they are defending at once, or go in order by being attacked?

Matt_Hyra
10-29-2017, 11:27 AM
In Forever Evil, when Aquaman attacks, a game I played, said that he makes you put four 0 cost cards on top of your deck and if you out 0 cards you gain a weakness.

The player argued he had three 0 cost cards so he would gain a weakness instead. Clearly the sentence has periods lol. Is their an official ruling.

If you place 1-4 cards, you gain no Weakness.

Also when villains attack, foes everyone havw to announce if they are defending at once, or go in order by being attacked?

You go in order and each player either defends or not.
It's not really announcing. But if there is any player interaction (like passing cards), you wait to resolve the Attack until after everyone has defended or not.

SpiritDetective
10-30-2017, 09:26 AM
In Multiverse,

If I use Rioters, Owlship, Hollis Mason, Deconstruction, on the Event Lineup, what cards are used to replace those destroyed cards? Is it from the Event deck or the Main deck?

If I use Time Sphere on the Event Lineup, do the new cards come from the Event deck or the Main deck?

gerrymul
10-30-2017, 09:50 AM
In Multiverse,

If I use Rioters, Owlship, Hollis Mason, Deconstruction, on the Event Lineup, what cards are used to replace those destroyed cards? Is it from the Event deck or the Main deck?

If I use Time Sphere on the Event Lineup, do the new cards come from the Event deck or the Main deck?

Pretty sure either the rulebook or early rulings say that you replace from the event deck if possible.

Matt_Hyra
10-30-2017, 11:06 AM
In Multiverse,

Event.
Page 6 (under the Line-Up image): "If the game text causes a card to be added to an Event Line-Up from "the main deck," the card comes from the Event's set, if possible."

WarHippy
11-03-2017, 11:34 AM
1. Flashpoint Event - Is gaining the random hero or villain contingent upon the bought card reaching the destroyed pile? For example, when a Crisis (such as Collapsing Parallel Worlds) puts the bought card next to it instead of the destroyed pile.

2. The New 52 event - Can I only discard the 5-cost cards to its ability during a confrontation?

3. Zero Hour event - If this flips up in the middle of the turn do villains that I still have in play add an additional +1 power to my pool?

4. Final Crisis/Kingdom Come events + Dr. Alchemy (Crossover 5) - When determining what card to place back into the line-up do I only look at the number in the gray circle, or does the cost of the card when I picked it up determine what I put back down?

5. What determines which line-up a Crisis refers to since no one controls that effect. I can understand if the player who caused the Crisis to come into play gets to choose which line-up it refers to if there's a one-shot effect on the Crisis, but what about effects like Manhunter Invasion (Ongoing: When a Villain enters the Line-up, each player gains a Weakness). Does the player who flipped it up get to choose the one line-up it refers to until it's beaten?

6. Swamp Thing - Can he use locations from both line-ups, or does he have to choose which line-up to use for that turn?

All of these are situations that have come up during gameplay. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Matt_Hyra
11-03-2017, 10:43 PM
1. Flashpoint Event - Is gaining the random hero or villain contingent upon the bought card reaching the destroyed pile? For example, when a Crisis (such as Collapsing Parallel Worlds) puts the bought card next to it instead of the destroyed pile.

Not contingent. You make the swap no matter where the card ends up.

2. The New 52 event - Can I only discard the 5-cost cards to its ability during a confrontation?

Yes.

3. Zero Hour event - If this flips up in the middle of the turn do villains that I still have in play add an additional +1 power to my pool?

The ones you previously played still have it.

4. Final Crisis/Kingdom Come events + Dr. Alchemy (Crossover 5) - When determining what card to place back into the line-up do I only look at the number in the gray circle, or does the cost of the card when I picked it up determine what I put back down?

The printed cost.

5. What determines which line-up a Crisis refers to since no one controls that effect. I can understand if the player who caused the Crisis to come into play gets to choose which line-up it refers to if there's a one-shot effect on the Crisis, but what about effects like Manhunter Invasion (Ongoing: When a Villain enters the Line-up, each player gains a Weakness). Does the player who flipped it up get to choose the one line-up it refers to until it's beaten?

Pretty much.

6. Swamp Thing - Can he use locations from both line-ups, or does he have to choose which line-up to use for that turn?

You must choose a Line-Up each turn.

All of these are situations that have come up during gameplay. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Sounds like some crazy games were had!

SpiritDetective
11-06-2017, 10:28 AM
If I played The Extremists and destroy it to play my champion, can I target The Extremists with Hourglass?

Matt_Hyra
11-06-2017, 11:40 AM
If I played The Extremists and destroy it to play my champion, can I target The Extremists with Hourglass?

No. You can't target a card that is not in play.

auron_sagara
11-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Hey there, i am playing with my family and friends atm The DC Deck Building game with Crisis 1 pack and i have a question about The collapsing parallel World Crisis card. If you beat the crisis and The player who has sacrificed his deck and discard pile recieves The Cards under The crisis card and there are villains in that new deck, can we use them further in the game? Our do we have to put them in the destroyed pile? Because of The rules about gaining and buying of villains in crisis mode.

Matt_Hyra
11-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Hey there, i am playing with my family and friends atm The DC Deck Building game with Crisis 1 pack and i have a question about The collapsing parallel World Crisis card. If you beat the crisis and The player who has sacrificed his deck and discard pile recieves The Cards under The crisis card and there are villains in that new deck, can we use them further in the game? Our do we have to put them in the destroyed pile? Because of The rules about gaining and buying of villains in crisis mode.

The CPWorlds specifically says to put Villains under the card when defeated.
You got those Villains in your new deck fair and square, so you get to play those Villain cards.

SpiritDetective
11-08-2017, 10:42 AM
In a three player Multiverse game, if I resolve The Joker (Impossible Mode)'s FAA, does the foe put the card from their hand into their discard pile or the discard pile of the player on their left?

Matt_Hyra
11-08-2017, 12:37 PM
In a three player Multiverse game, if I resolve The Joker (Impossible Mode)'s FAA, does the foe put the card from their hand into their discard pile or the discard pile of the player on their left?

Player on their left. If a player isn't attacked, they can't avoid it, so they would be eligible to receive a card.

gerrymul
11-08-2017, 01:10 PM
After having played Multiverse a fair number of times now, I find it interesting that some of the 'Champions' FAA are really brutal, while others are actually kind of beneficial when only one player is targeted. With regard to the latter say Graves is your Champion, I sometimes find myself not wanting to trigger my City as it lets a player destroy a card of their choosing from hand and draw 2 cards. Other times there is no real effect, like with Braniac or Amazo. Thoughts from others?

And to make this fit into this thread better, are there suggested rules from Cryptozoic on this subject?

fllrtndvd
11-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Regarding the Black Alice card from Birds of Prey - I saw in a previous post that the "borrowed" ongoing card will be returned to the original player at end of turn regardless of what happens to it, and that it will retain any newly rotated status (if any). To clarify, let's say I borrow a Detonator (rotated at 90 degrees), and then use it myself. At end of turn, does it re-enter play as an upright card?

Also, whose discard pile is it placed into - at least until the turn ends? This could potentially be relevant if shuffling of the discard pile is needed.

Matt_Hyra
11-11-2017, 10:49 AM
You discard it to your discard pile, since you used the discard effect.
When it returns to play, since it changed zones, it will return to play in the natural state (upright). This is not "turning upright."

SpiritDetective
11-16-2017, 10:53 AM
Are there any rules for a 3 vs 3 variant of Confrontations if you add in Rivals main deck cards & Oversized?

Matt_Hyra
11-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Are there any rules for a 3 vs 3 variant of Confrontations if you add in Rivals main deck cards & Oversized?

There are not, but feel free to try it. No rule changes needed.

LRoq617
11-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Have a question regarding heroes who can destroy cards they've played (i.e. Black Adam, Joker). If they're able to use a card to play another player's card (let's use Pied Piper for the example), and they manage to play the appropriate card type, are they allowed to use their ability on that card (I would assume so)? And if so, what happens to the card?

Easy breakdown: Black Adam plays Pied Piper as the first card of his turn and Teamworks his opponent, revealing a Kick. This is now the first Super Power he plays during his turn. Can he "destroy" the Kick to gain 1 VP and draw a card? I'm also guessing the Kick wouldn't "stay" destroyed, since it's returned at end of turn.

Matt_Hyra
11-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Have a question regarding heroes who can destroy cards they've played (i.e. Black Adam, Joker). If they're able to use a card to play another player's card (let's use Pied Piper for the example), and they manage to play the appropriate card type, are they allowed to use their ability on that card (I would assume so)? And if so, what happens to the card?

Easy breakdown: Black Adam plays Pied Piper as the first card of his turn and Teamworks his opponent, revealing a Kick. This is now the first Super Power he plays during his turn. Can he "destroy" the Kick to gain 1 VP and draw a card? I'm also guessing the Kick wouldn't "stay" destroyed, since it's returned at end of turn.

It doesn't stay destroyed. It is indeed returned at end of turn.

GuruGuru214
11-25-2017, 09:00 AM
For Fawcett City, does "the main deck's set" refer to just the base set used in the main deck, or does it include the Multiverse expansion cards, since they come from the main deck?

If it's the latter, then for Moscow, would that base set and the Multiverse cards be considered to be from different sets?

aoineko
11-25-2017, 10:47 AM
"The main deck's set" means the set that you are currently using as the main deck.

The different sets one literally means different sets. So, yes, the Multiverse cards in the main deck are from a different set than the base game you are using for the main deck.

fllrtndvd
11-25-2017, 09:36 PM
I'm confused regarding the change in wording for the Time Travel mechanic-

If a Time Traveled card only returns to the line-up when it leaves play, am I effectively able to "steal" a card with an ongoing effect?

Also, if a card that was time traveled is destroyed, it returns to the line-up immediately, yes? Does that make it eligible to be purchased?

Matt_Hyra
11-27-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm confused regarding the change in wording for the Time Travel mechanic-

If a Time Traveled card only returns to the line-up when it leaves play, am I effectively able to "steal" a card with an ongoing effect?

Yes.

Also, if a card that was time traveled is destroyed, it returns to the line-up immediately, yes? Does that make it eligible to be purchased?

Yes, it would return to the Line-Up immediately. Yes, you could purchase it. Cards that change zones forget any temporary effects, unless it specifically says otherwise.

gerrymul
11-27-2017, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Matt_Hyra;570849]Yes.

So bearing that in mind, if a few turns later you were forced to discard that ongoing card you gained via time travel, does it go back to the lineup, or to your discard pile?

Matt_Hyra
11-27-2017, 01:08 PM
So bearing that in mind, if a few turns later you were forced to discard that ongoing card you gained via time travel, does it go back to the lineup, or to your discard pile?

To the Line-Up.

SpiritDetective
11-27-2017, 03:08 PM
To the Line-Up.

But if it stays till the end, does it's VP still count towards your total?

Matt_Hyra
11-27-2017, 06:13 PM
But if it stays till the end, does it's VP still count towards your total?

Yes, as you collect all Ongoing cards into your deck at end of game. It is not leaving play at that time.

Atmoz
12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Do the super villains from Teen Titans go count as villains when mixed with other dc cards?

Matt_Hyra
12-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Do the super villains from Teen Titans go count as villains when mixed with other dc cards?

They are not Villains, but they are considered Super-Villains.

Atmoz
12-01-2017, 04:08 PM
They are not Villains, but they are considered Super-Villains.

That seems a little inconsistent with the rest of the dc content don’t you think? Is there a particular reason for that? I figured the nemesis tag was just for incorporation with the CN version and any gameplay within the set itself.

Matt_Hyra
12-01-2017, 05:54 PM
That seems a little inconsistent with the rest of the dc content don’t you think? Is there a particular reason for that? I figured the nemesis tag was just for incorporation with the CN version and any gameplay within the set itself.

If you want them to be Villains, go ahead and do that.
Keep in mind that Nemesis as an additional card type has just as many fun implications as making them regular ol' Villains.

SpiritDetective
12-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Is Zatana Level 2 able to use her ability before declaring a Confrontation?

Matt_Hyra
12-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Is Zatana Level 2 able to use her ability before declaring a Confrontation?

No. "Once during" are not the same as "At the start," so that won't work.

LRoq617
12-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Had this one come up in a game of Multiverse. Can Hourglass be used on a card that destroyed/removed itself AND have it returned to your next hand? (Examples: Extremists, Thomas Wayne, Parallax)

SpiritDetective
12-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Had this one come up in a game of Multiverse. Can Hourglass be used on a card that destroyed/removed itself AND have it returned to your next hand? (Examples: Extremists, Thomas Wayne, Parallax)

No. You can't target a card that is not in play.

fllrtndvd
12-10-2017, 09:29 AM
If I play Explosive Arrow while I control Promise to a Friend, is the attack portion completely negated? Or do I still look under my opponent's card (just not able to destroy something), and then place Explosive Arrow under my own hero?

Matt_Hyra
12-10-2017, 12:02 PM
If I play Explosive Arrow while I control Promise to a Friend, is the attack portion completely negated? Or do I still look under my opponent's card (just not able to destroy something), and then place Explosive Arrow under my own hero?

The latter.

SpiritDetective
12-11-2017, 12:43 PM
In Multiverse, do cards from Confrontations that reference "Level" read the Champion?

For example in a normal game,

Does 9 Cost Champion = Level 1
Does 10 Cost Champion = Level 2
Does 11 Cost Champion = Level 3

Matt_Hyra
12-11-2017, 03:32 PM
In Multiverse, do cards from Confrontations that reference "Level" read the Champion?

For example in a normal game,

Does 9 Cost Champion = Level 1
Does 10 Cost Champion = Level 2
Does 11 Cost Champion = Level 3

That works.

gerrymul
12-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Two questions regarding a couple of Confrontations cards:
First up, Lois Lane: does the revealed card during a confrontation have to be at random? If not, who gets to choose which card, or does it not matter because table talk between allies is permitted?
Secondly, Crown of Atlantis needs to be clarified for me. Does it generate +1 power for every card you play with cost 1-4 (potentially 1 to unlimited power with lots of draw cards) , or +1 power for one card each with costs 1-4 (i.e. variable card strength of 1-4 that turn)?

Matt_Hyra
12-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Two questions regarding a couple of Confrontations cards:
First up, Lois Lane: does the revealed card during a confrontation have to be at random? If not, who gets to choose which card, or does it not matter because table talk between allies is permitted?
Secondly, Crown of Atlantis needs to be clarified for me. Does it generate +1 power for every card you play with cost 1-4 (potentially 1 to unlimited power with lots of draw cards) , or +1 power for one card each with costs 1-4 (i.e. variable card strength of 1-4 that turn)?

Lois: Not random. Table talk allows you to decide together, but the Lois player makes the final call if needed.
Crown: Each card played, not capped at 1 at each cost or just 4. Playing eight 2-costers would generate +8 Power.

TanisFrey
12-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Does the Rivals card Abandoned Amusement Park interact with the Confrontations niceness rule for who you can confront on you turn?

The niceness rule states that you cannot confront a opponent with a 12 cost oversized before all your opponents with 9 cost oversized have been defeated and 12 cost must be confronted before cost 15.

The Abandoned Amusement Park has Ongoing: Increase the cost of your character by 1.

If these interact then player with Abandoned Amusement Park would be the last one that can be confronted in a cutthroat game. Is this correct?

Matt_Hyra
12-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Does the Rivals card Abandoned Amusement Park interact with the Confrontations niceness rule for who you can confront on you turn?

The niceness rule states that you cannot confront a opponent with a 12 cost oversized before all your opponents with 9 cost oversized have been defeated and 12 cost must be confronted before cost 15.

The Abandoned Amusement Park has Ongoing: Increase the cost of your character by 1.

If these interact then player with Abandoned Amusement Park would be the last one that can be confronted in a cutthroat game. Is this correct?

Yes, it interacts. You have to Confront the lowest-cost foe. So the player with AAP in play would normally be Confronted after their teammate. Or after the other two players in a 3p game.

LRoq617
12-23-2017, 12:51 PM
If Plastic Man is played to gain the text of an Equipment with the Defense keyword (i.e. Helmet of Fate), can that trigger the Hub City Multiverse Location? Seems a bit less obvious than copying an Attack such as Mind Control Hat.

Matt_Hyra
12-23-2017, 04:20 PM
If Plastic Man is played to gain the text of an Equipment with the Defense keyword (i.e. Helmet of Fate), can that trigger the Hub City Multiverse Location? Seems a bit less obvious than copying an Attack such as Mind Control Hat.

Yes, that works.

kordless
01-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Question,

Can you gain weaknesses from the destroyed pile on purpose with Signature Trenchcoat?

Say you have Bizarro and you want to gain a weakness to draw a card.

What about buying them with the New York City location? The terminology says Weaknesses are not bought, but doesn't state if this changes where they are.

Matt_Hyra
01-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Question,

Can you gain weaknesses from the destroyed pile on purpose with Signature Trenchcoat?

Say you have Bizarro and you want to gain a weakness to draw a card.

Sure.

What about buying them with the New York City location? The terminology says Weaknesses are not bought, but doesn't state if this changes where they are.

NYC also works. They just can't be bought from their stack.

Aquafan
01-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Am I missing something in Confrontations Zatanna's power set? She seems sadly underpowered compared to other characters. Her ability to discard a card during Confrontations if she plays a Hero seems rather useless versus, say, Aquaman who can potentially get +10 Power in a Confrontation just by having a large discard pile.

aoineko
01-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Am I missing something in Confrontations Zatanna's power set? She seems sadly underpowered compared to other characters. Her ability to discard a card during Confrontations if she plays a Hero seems rather useless versus, say, Aquaman who can potentially get +10 Power in a Confrontation just by having a large discard pile.

That's only half her text box. Knowing what your next card is also helps with deciding if you should Confront. She also always guesses correctly when she plays one of the cards that requires you to guess the top card of your deck. Her ability also works on either player's turn. Getting to mill through all your bad cards makes it more likely that you will be successful at a Confrontation. She's a less straightforward character to play than the other powerhouses.

CommishGordo
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Question about Rogues and Teamwork with Firestorm Matrix:

If Teamworking a foe reveals a Firestorm Martix, what effects are triggered as the Teamworker? Do I get to play the top card of my deck? Am I allowed to bond with it, i.e. a "free bond"? Would bonding with it destroy the Matrix - or does it return to the Teamworked deck?

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Question about Rogues and Teamwork with Firestorm Matrix:

If Teamworking a foe reveals a Firestorm Martix, what effects are triggered as the Teamworker? Do I get to play the top card of my deck? Am I allowed to bond with it, i.e. a "free bond"? Would bonding with it destroy the Matrix - or does it return to the Teamworked deck?

You play the top card of your deck.
You may do the "bond."
It will be temporarily destroyed, but FM will return to the top of their deck.

TanisFrey
02-01-2018, 05:06 PM
In a Multiverse game does a Champion with a Stack On Going have any effect on the game?

(This can happen currently only if you include impossible mode villains.)

Matt_Hyra
02-02-2018, 02:19 AM
In a Multiverse game does a Champion with a Stack On Going have any effect on the game?

(This can happen currently only if you include impossible mode villains.)

Yes. Note the word "Impossible."

Rumpelfugly
02-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Played a 3-player Multiverse game tonight. I gotta say, I wasn't really happy with how certain Champion FAAs work when they affect a single target.

Graves is probably the most egregious example of this. He was my first champion and whenever I activated my Multiverse Location, any foe I targeted with Graves' FAAA got to destroy a card in their hand (which was almost always a starter or Weakness) and then draw 2 cards for free because they were the only player affected by the FAA, meaning they destroyed the highest cost card per the terms of Graves' FAA. This basically killed any incentive for me to use my Multiverse Location ability.

When Graves was finally bought by the player to my right, because they had emptied their hand, they could not offer up a card per Graves' FAA. Since I was not affected by Graves' FAA because he was my Champion, the sole other player who could be affected got to purge a Vulnerability from their hand and draw 2 cards.

2. Later,when a player who we'll call Player 3 had Amazo as their Champion, Player 1 played his entire hand as required to buy Player 3's Amazo. When Amazo's FAA activated from being bought, it only affected Player 2 (me) due to Player 3 not being affected and Player 1 having no hand.

If a player must play their entire hand to confront another player's Champion, and that Champion has an FAA that affects a foe's hand, and that FAA activates mid-game so there's no time for the confront player to draw a new hand, then the player who confronts that champion is not affected by the FAA. Is that correct?

For future games, I might be more discerning about which Supervillains become Champions in 3-player games. It feels like it should be limited to Supervillains/Heroes whose FAAs affect the deck and discard piles rather than the hand, since emptying your hand earns you immunity to the FAA when it activates.

Matt_Hyra
02-11-2018, 10:04 AM
There certainly might be some Super-Villains who don't work as well in Multiverse.
Yes, FAAs that just hit hands might not do anything to the active player. But not all of them just hit hands.

fllrtndvd
02-12-2018, 05:27 PM
A few questions came up the other night when playing Heroes Unite/Crisis 2 - I don't recall seeing them previously:

1) Does the Immortal Villain crisis affect the initial line-up?
2) Shazam! (superpower) hit a Blue Lantern ring off the top of the main deck - once the ring is put back, do any future heroes played this turn still add to the +1 bonus to Power?
3) For the Draining the Emotional Spectrum crisis, if one player has no cards in hand (if they played them all for instance, or had to discard them all already for some reason), is that just one less card to "check" against the line-up? Or does everyone have to be able to discard one in order to attempt to beat the crisis?
4) The Shifting Loyalties crisis - to beat this crisis, each player has to discard 7 cost to the player on their left. Is that *at least* 7, or *exactly* 7?

Thanks

Matt_Hyra
02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
1. No
2. No
3. That player gets a free pass, so one less "check."
4. At least 7.

Hope you prevailed!

Bladecom
02-22-2018, 11:17 PM
Hey Matt, I wanted to get a full clarification for the hero card - Doctor Fate, from Crossover 1.

The way I read him, and understand him is that the play order of your cards matter heavily. It also mentions in his ruling that the consecutive order can go either way, however can it jump back and forward?

I understand this should work:

Play cost order of effects 0 - 3 - 4 (+1 power) - 5 (draw) - 6 (+1 power) - 2 (original chain ends, new chain can now start).
I wouldn't get to draw off playing the 2, since I didn't play it in consecutive order.

Now if consecutive order can go backwards and forwards, would this work?
Play cost order of effects 3 - 4 (+1 power) - 3 (draw) - 4 (+1 power) - 5 (draw) - 6 (+1 power) - 4 (new chain) - 3 (+1 power) - 2 (draw) - 3 (+1 power)
First chain +3 power draw 2 cards
Second chain +2 power draw 1 card

Tried to make this as clear as I can for examples to fully understand this card.

Matt_Hyra
02-23-2018, 12:33 AM
No, it can't jump back and forth between ascending and descending values and call that a run of numbers.

SpiritDetective
03-02-2018, 12:10 PM
We played a game of Multiverse Last Night and the Crisis on Infinite Earths Event triggered Frozen City. Which lineup do you have to clear to beat Frozen City: Main Line Up or Event Lineup?

We also played a 4 player game of Watchmen using the Confrontations Base Set. Do assist cards follow the 4 player rules in which you can assist another player (Confrontations 2 v 2) or the 2-3 player rules in which you can only assist yourself (saving a card to play next turn)?

Matt_Hyra
03-02-2018, 04:12 PM
We played a game of Multiverse Last Night and the Crisis on Infinite Earths Event triggered Frozen City. Which lineup do you have to clear to beat Frozen City: Main Line Up or Event Lineup?

Each turn you choose which Line-Up to add the card to and you choose which Line-Up you need to clear.

We also played a 4 player game of Watchmen using the Confrontations Base Set. Do assist cards follow the 4 player rules in which you can assist another player (Confrontations 2 v 2) or the 2-3 player rules in which you can only assist yourself (saving a card to play next turn)?

You can only Assist yourself until the Mastermind has been exposed. Then you have some teammates to Assist.

SeaMonkey
03-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Aquaman (superhero)

If I have Aquaman, and I play White Lantern Power Battery and gain a power ring from the line-up, do I have to put it into my hand since I'm resolving the text of that card first or do I have the option of putting it on top of my deck because of Aquaman? Can I still put it on top of my deck at the end of my turn after it's been played?

Matt_Hyra
03-04-2018, 10:37 AM
It goes to your hand. The text on Aquaman could have included "(unless the card says otherwise)" on it.
You don't get to put it on top later in the turn or after playing it.

PumaSPNKr
03-13-2018, 04:05 AM
When a player plays Bronze Tiger (Attack: Each foe reveal and put a card in their hand under their superhero. If one or more foes do not reveal a card one or greater, draw two cards), does it take into account a player who blocks?

So if someone blocks, does that player get to draw two?

In another scenario, if a card says "Attack: Each player destroys a starter in their hand. Each who cannot destroy the top card of their deck." and The Outsider super villian is out (Players cannot destroy starter cards), do each player default to destroying the top card of their deck?

Thanks!

PumaSPNKr
03-13-2018, 04:36 AM
Oh and if a player timetravels a card (any) then plays Legion Headquarters (First time you play a time travel card during your turn, draw a card), do they get to draw? I'd figure because they already played a time travel card, they lost the chance to draw.

gerrymul
03-13-2018, 10:25 AM
Oh and if a player timetravels a card (any) then plays Legion Headquarters (First time you play a time travel card during your turn, draw a card), do they get to draw? I'd figure because they already played a time travel card, they lost the chance to draw.

Yes, play order is important for locations. There are cards that look forward and back like Blue Lantern Power Ring, but to my memory, locations do not.

gerrymul
03-13-2018, 10:27 AM
When a player plays Bronze Tiger (Attack: Each foe reveal and put a card in their hand under their superhero. If one or more foes do not reveal a card one or greater, draw two cards), does it take into account a player who blocks?

So if someone blocks, does that player get to draw two?

In another scenario, if a card says "Attack: Each player destroys a starter in their hand. Each who cannot destroy the top card of their deck." and The Outsider super villian is out (Players cannot destroy starter cards), do each player default to destroying the top card of their deck?

Thanks!

If by Block, you mean defend, then yes you would draw. As to the Outsider, I'm pretty sure his Stack Ongoing overrides all other card text, preventing any destruction of starters until he is taken out.

Matt_Hyra
03-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Locations do not look backwards.
A player who defends does not reveal, so you would draw.
Outsider would make destroying the top card of your deck the only option.

PumaSPNKr
03-13-2018, 11:42 AM
What about cards that are reveal to defend? Would Bronze Tiger still draw two, as the player did technically reveal a card 1 or greater.

Matt_Hyra
03-13-2018, 04:31 PM
What about cards that are reveal to defend? Would Bronze Tiger still draw two, as the player did technically reveal a card 1 or greater.

Revealing a card for Defense is not revealing it due to the Attack effect. It's revealing it due to the Defense text. So it doesn't count as a card revealed (this way).

PumaSPNKr
03-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Very sorry to pester but just to be sure Bronze Tiger doesn't have the condition (this way) in his attack. Is this something that's supposed to be assumed for every card that includes these conditions, unlike cards like the time travel supervillians that say "this way"?

Matt_Hyra
03-18-2018, 12:35 AM
Very sorry to pester but just to be sure Bronze Tiger doesn't have the condition (this way) in his attack. Is this something that's supposed to be assumed for every card that includes these conditions, unlike cards like the time travel supervillians that say "this way"?

His card does not use "this way."
It is assumed to be this way unless it says otherwise. It's all part of the same Attack, so it is only referencing its own goings on, not any weird stuff players might do.
We tried to be more clear after Crossover 2 about such things, which is why the Crossover 3 S-Vs have "this way."

CommishGordo
03-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Question that has probably been answered but can't find in this deep forum:

Does an attack still "land" if it has no effect on the target? (Forever Evil Examples - Catwoman someone but they have no VPs, Dr. Light someone but they have no locations, Deathstroke but they have no discard pile).

Asking in reference to Sinestro's oversize effect - would it be activated in either of these situations?

aoineko
03-28-2018, 02:36 PM
A player does not automatically avoid an Attack if it does not affect them. If they are targeted by an Attack, they only avoid it by using a Defense card.

gerrymul
03-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Question that has probably been answered but can't find in this deep forum:

Does an attack still "land" if it has no effect on the target? (Forever Evil Examples - Catwoman someone but they have no VPs, Dr. Light someone but they have no locations, Deathstroke but they have no discard pile).

Asking in reference to Sinestro's oversize effect - would it be activated in either of these situations?

So yes, Sinestro would get the VP for someone not avoiding an attack. On a related note, I believe if using Crisis Bizarro his power making other players draw works regardless of whether you defend or not. The draw there is contingent on his character playing an attack, not on the success or if it is avoided or not.

protomayne
04-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Alright so I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find the answer, since I've seen two conflicting responses.

In the context of cards like Parallax and Thomas Wayne (Multiverse set), when can you use their effects?
Parallax: "If you own this card, you may remove it from the game. If you do, draw two additional cards at the end of turn then take another turn."

House rules were you could only activate the effects when you play them from your hand because honestly, Parallax is pretty busted all around. Thomas Wayne is okay. Then we saw a post explaining when you actually own the card, so we changed it to using them from wherever because well, you own the card. But this is the reason why I felt Parallax was so insane in general, so it's not really an ideal situation.

All of us simply enjoy playing the game it was meant to be played and we struggle to agree on a course of action regarding cards like this. If it was up to me, it'd be out of the deck altogether lol

tl;dr: Can Parallax's (Multiverse) additional turn only be triggered when you play the card or whenever in any zone as long as you own it?

-------

Side question. This scenario came up the other night and I'm pretty sure we all ruled it right but just double checking:

Player A has Swamp Thing hero letting him control all locations. He played Plasmus and discarded one of Player B's locations to draw a card. Does Player B get his location back at the end of the turn or no?

I thought it was ruled a while ago that they do and majority agreed to it. We could just be remembering wrong though.

Kinda curious because it's relevant for stuff like Starro & Brianiac playing opponent's cards and then destroying them. We always assumed they went back to the owner at the end of turn.

Matt_Hyra
04-22-2018, 10:29 PM
The "If you own" text only applies when you have played the card. You can't enact the text just because you own it and it's, for example, in your discard pile.

When a card you don't control is discarded or destroyed, and the intent of the card is not expressly to deny that card to your foe (Broadsword), it goes back.

gerrymul
04-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Finally got my Vixen promo from BGG Store yesterday and have a question - when using the ability, if a villain is revealed on top of your deck, must you destroy a card in hand? I presume so, but it's going to come up in my play group.

Matt_Hyra
04-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Finally got my Gypsy promo from BGG Store yesterday and have a question - when using the ability, if a villain is revealed on top of your deck, must you destroy a card in hand? I presume so, but it's going to come up in my play group.

Yes, you must.

SpatzAI
04-24-2018, 03:02 PM
Yes, you must.

I asked this question about one of the Rogues Cards some months back. The caveat to the answer is if you have one to destroy. In other words since you can utilize Vixen at any time during your turn, if you were primarily concerned about revealing a villain, I'd only activate her after you've emptied your hand but before you've spent your power. Obviously there are trade-offs for using her after playing your other cards instead of at beginning of turn, but there are always trade-offs.

joelfromsd
04-25-2018, 09:42 AM
i am having trouble understanding the point of the birds of prey new card effect of rotating a card. I was trying to find a video or tutorial that explains it better than the rules. Any help would be great!

gerrymul
04-25-2018, 11:00 AM
i am having trouble understanding the point of the birds of prey new card effect of rotating a card. I was trying to find a video or tutorial that explains it better than the rules. Any help would be great!

Other cards or the oversize characters have an effect that triggers when cards are rotated, usually when they rotate upright. I don't have the cards in front of me right now, but an example might be "destroy a card in your hand or discard pile when this card rotates upright," or "plus 4 power when this card rotates upright."

Usually the cards on their own don't do much, you have to combo and plan out things more like in Teen Titans than Base or HU.

SpiritDetective
04-25-2018, 01:15 PM
If a player fulfills the requirements of their Multiverse location, are they forced to resolve their Champion's FAA? Can they choose not to?

Matt_Hyra
04-25-2018, 06:25 PM
If a player fulfills the requirements of their Multiverse location, are they forced to resolve their Champion's FAA? Can they choose not to?

You must if you fulfill the conditions. If you don't want to Attack, hold back some cards.

ItsKYRO
05-05-2018, 01:09 PM
I bought the birds of prey crossover last night, pretty confused on roatation. Whats the benefit of rotating? Is there a reward to when the card comes around full back to normal? If so what?

Thanks

AaronH
05-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Many of the cards have an effect when rotated upright, it tells you on the card if it has the effect. For example, Cheshire's ongoing effect is "When this card rotates upright, draw a card."

aoineko
05-05-2018, 04:09 PM
There are also a couple of cards that give you bonuses for having rotated cards.

Coiser
05-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Nearly all of the BoP Main Characters give you a benefit from having, or rotating, cards too!

KALofKRYPTON
05-16-2018, 08:55 AM
I wasn't too sure about it when I first got it - but it really is a great mechanic.

unclebill
05-20-2018, 05:51 PM
For clayface, can you play again a card that you previously played but that card is not now in the play zone?

Matt_Hyra
05-21-2018, 10:38 AM
For clayface, can you play again a card that you previously played but that card is not now in the play zone?

No, you may only choose/target/effect things that are in play.

Loomiscassidy
06-03-2018, 08:26 PM
I realize this is an old thread but I just started playing this and have a question. I apologize if what Iím asking has been answered, I couldnít find it. So Supermanís Super hero card reads ď+1 power for each different super power you play during your turn.Ē The people Iím playing with told me that this means Iíd have to play at least 2 Super powers for this to be true. Meaning if I just play a Kick, that Supermanís power doesnít take it up to +3 power for the turn. But if I were to play a Kick and The Bulletproof super power that Iíd get +1 for the turn.
I think that it means if I play a kick than I get +1 for that kick, but if I play another kick that turn then it doesnít effect it.
Question being: Do I have to play AT LEAST 2 super powers for Supermanís ability to work?
Please let me know.
Thank you!

gerrymul
06-04-2018, 09:23 AM
That's a new one to me - so far as I'm aware you get the +1 right away from a single kick. It would bring Supes back down a bit if the way you describe was the way he was to be played.

aoineko
06-04-2018, 09:29 AM
I realize this is an old thread but I just started playing this and have a question. I apologize if what Iím asking has been answered, I couldnít find it. So Supermanís Super hero card reads ď+1 power for each different super power you play during your turn.Ē The people Iím playing with told me that this means Iíd have to play at least 2 Super powers for this to be true. Meaning if I just play a Kick, that Supermanís power doesnít take it up to +3 power for the turn. But if I were to play a Kick and The Bulletproof super power that Iíd get +1 for the turn.
I think that it means if I play a kick than I get +1 for that kick, but if I play another kick that turn then it doesnít effect it.
Question being: Do I have to play AT LEAST 2 super powers for Supermanís ability to work?
Please let me know.
Thank you!

You get the +1 Power bonus starting with your first Super Power.

LRoq617
06-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Not sure if this has been asked previously, but if Jay Gerrick (main character) plays the card Psimon, how exactly does the order of triggers work? Do you look at your top 5 first and then proceed to reveal your top card before "drawing and playing two of them"? Or do you reveal your top card before resolving any of the card text due to the fact that it forces/allows a draw?

Matt_Hyra
06-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Not sure if this has been asked previously, but if Jay Gerrick (main character) plays the card Psimon, how exactly does the order of triggers work? Do you look at your top 5 first and then proceed to reveal your top card before "drawing and playing two of them"? Or do you reveal your top card before resolving any of the card text due to the fact that it forces/allows a draw?

The "Look and Draw" is all one effect, so before you look at the 5, you get to look at the top card and may discard it.

CommishGordo
06-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Not a card ruling persay BUT - can a player look through another player's discard pile?

Ex. if they have Broadsword, can they look through two other players' discard piles to decide who they would like to attack?

We play permission has to be given, otherwise they can keep their hands to their own damn pile - but that tends to get a little contentious. We do consider it "visible" i.e. they can "look" at it (and at least the top card), but they can't sift through it (as they can the destroyed pile, for ex.)

Looking for an official ruling from the king Matt_Hyra

Matt_Hyra
06-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Discard piles are public information.
Permission is not necessary, though your group may prefer to ask to be nice.
Many folks will grab all relevant cards and display them when a Broadsword is unsheathed.

Matt_Hyra
06-18-2018, 08:14 AM
With New Gods on the immediate horizon, and already in the hands of a couple hundred Origins attendees, it's time for a new Q&A thread. Post your questions on any DC release there!